ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Free fashion advice for the style-challenged male. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=195919)

Saul Good 01-02-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8255782)
One of the most popular and best-selling styles of footwear in the history of mankind. Come at me, bro.

That's why 20% of the dudes do 80% of the banging.

DaKCMan AP 01-02-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8255782)
One of the most popular and best-selling styles of footwear in the history of mankind. Come at me, bro.

most popular and best-selling = a lot of people who dress like idiots and have no sense of style buy it

Saul Good 01-02-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8254595)
Just got this Awesome coat for when I must leave paradise and travel to cold weather locations.

That's a good looking coat. Also would look good formal or casual.

Pants 01-02-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8255670)
as far as Express, they totally changed once they became Express from the Structure name, I'm just (personally) not into all the logo's, as much and the large crests they feel necessary to sew onto EVERYTHING.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the logos either. I'm wearing an express sweater right now that doesn't have even the tiny little lion anywhere. :D

I first fell in love with their military stuff and never looked back. Seems like a bunch of brands copied them and everyone is doing it now, though. [I could be wrong on Express being the first ones to do it]

Hammock Parties 01-02-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8255787)
most popular and best-selling = a lot of people who dress like idiots and have no sense of style buy it

It's clean, classy, simple and versatile, and that's why it's so popular.

Baby Lee 01-02-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8255773)
Are you old?

I am older than you, but it's more about;

my style trending to the innocuous and 'timeless' [ie, won't find me, young or old, in: Hammer pants, Zubaz, Skinny Jeans, LMFAO-ware, Gaga's Meat suits, etc]

my purchasing preference trending to durable and well designed over throwaway fashions that'll turn to tatters after 5 washings.

Saul Good 01-02-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8255797)

my style trending to the innocuous and 'timeless' [ie, won't find me, young or old, in: Hammer pants, Zubaz, Skinny Jeans, LMFAO-ware, Gaga's Meat suits, etc]

my purchasing preference trending to durable and well designed over throwaway fashions that'll turn to tatters after 5 washings.

You can do all of that at Banana Republic and actually look cool, though.

QuikSsurfer 01-02-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8255775)

:LOL:

DaKCMan AP 01-02-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8255797)

I predominantly shop at Macys (American Rag), Express, or Banana Republic

All make quality, fitted clothing that lasts.

Baby Lee 01-02-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8255804)
You can do all of that at Banana Republic and actually look cool, though.

I bought a couple of white casual dress [ie, button with collar, but not right for a suit] shirts that turned yellow after a couple of washings. Turned me off them. Plus the only one in Big Derrty never has any sales, ever.

KCUnited 01-02-2012 01:41 PM

H&M, The Bunker, Banana Rep for KC guy. Concerts for casual tees.

QuikSsurfer 01-02-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8255670)
as far as Express, they totally changed once they became Express from the Structure name, I'm just (personally) not into all the logo's, as much and the large crests they feel necessary to sew onto EVERYTHING.

I've bought their 1MX and Polo's for years.. the fitted MX shirts look prettaaah good on me. Their winter outer-wear is also usually top notch. I agree with the logo and shield business though - even those are mostly on their graffic tees and you can sort through those pretty easily.

Saul Good 01-02-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8255817)
I bought a couple of white casual dress [ie, button with collar, but not right for a suit] shirts that turned yellow after a couple of washings. Turned me off them. Plus the only one in Big Derrty never has any sales, ever.

I've never had that issue with their shirts, but I don't buy that many button-downs from them. If you want solid button-downs, go with the 1MX from Express. Every now and then, they have an incredible sale. I literally bought 15 in one trip because the sale was so good. (Think I paid less than $20 each on average.)

DaKCMan AP 01-02-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 8255818)
H&M, The Bunker, Banana Rep for KC guy. Concerts for casual tees.

H&M is ok, but Zara is Awesome if you have one near.

Saul Good 01-02-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8255833)
H&M is ok, but Zara is Awesome if you have one near.

How is Zara's quality? I've never bought anything for myself from either. I think of both of those as women's stores.