ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official 2014 Missouri Tigers Football Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280230)

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-23-2014 06:18 PM

The starting front four will be fine, but what made the line great wasn't just having Sam and Ealy, but the depth provided by Ray and Golden. Before Foster's injury, the line was legitimately eight deep, and for a significant stretch of the season Ray was our best DL.

The red shirts are going to have to bring something next year or the DL will get gassed.

Reaper16 01-23-2014 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10389918)
The starting front four will be fine, but what made the line great wasn't just having Sam and Ealy, but the depth provided by Ray and Golden. Before Foster's injury, the line was legitimately eight deep, and for a significant stretch of the season Ray was our best DL.

The red shirts are going to have to bring something next year or the DL will get gassed.

I had that exact thought when reading that article about the D-Line. The depth was what allowed Mizzou to bring the constant pressure, and as a result, keep the secondary from getting exposed.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-23-2014 06:40 PM

That's why getting Dante Sawyer to flip on his official next weekend has to be the staff's #1 goal. He won't play as a true freshman, but he'd be another in the pipeline of long, rangy athletes who have been great ends at Missouri.

Missouri is in a weird place, recruiting wise. They are successful enough as a program that offering someone raises their profile to the point where traditional powers take notice--like what happened with Jonathan Williams and ND, but they aren't yet high profile or skilled enough to where they can beat out those schools for elite talent unless a lot of breaks fall their way (DGB and Sheldon being from Missouri, for example).

Saul Good 01-23-2014 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10389954)
That's why getting Dante Sawyer to flip on his official next weekend has to be the staff's #1 goal. He won't play as a true freshman, but he'd be another in the pipeline of long, rangy athletes who have been great ends at Missouri.

Missouri is in a weird place, recruiting wise. They are successful enough as a program that offering someone raises their profile to the point where traditional powers take notice--like what happened with Jonathan Williams and ND, but they aren't yet high profile or skilled enough to where they can beat out those schools for elite talent unless a lot of breaks fall their way (DGB and Sheldon being from Missouri, for example).

It's part of the development of the program. If Bielema can land Wallace by selling him on his ability to put O-linemen in the league, we need to get there with our ability to put the entire front seven in the league. It's scary how much defensive talent Mizzou has playing in the league. I wouldn't mind having Richardson, Smith, Smith, Spoon, Moore, Hood, Gaines, Ealy, and Sam on our roster.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-23-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10389981)
It's part of the development of the program. If Bielema can land Wallace by selling him on his ability to put O-linemen in the league, we need to get there with our ability to put the entire front seven in the league. It's scary how much defensive talent Mizzou has playing in the league. I wouldn't mind having Richardson, Smith, Smith, Spoon, Moore, Hood, Gaines, Ealy, and Sam on our roster.

Pinkel isn't the bloviating bullshit artist that most of these hucksters are. It hurts him in recruiting, but makes him a far more tolerable human being. That said, he should be able to confidently point out the recent run of success Missouri players have had on that side of the ball.

Saul Good 01-23-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10390160)
Pinkel isn't the bloviating bullshit artist that most of these hucksters are. It hurts him in recruiting, but makes him a far more tolerable human being. That said, he should be able to confidently point out the recent run of success Missouri players have had on that side of the ball.

He's probably a bigger bullshitter than you think. The dude drops in via chopper when he wants to big time a kid, after all.

Pitt Gorilla 01-23-2014 10:11 PM

We still have a shot at Hendrix as well.

Reaper16 01-23-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10390160)

That's certainly been a recent point of emphasis on the recruiting trail. Hence the #MizzouMade hashtag on Twitter.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-23-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10390281)
That's certainly been a recent point of emphasis on the recruiting trail. Hence the #MizzouMade hashtag on Twitter.

I will only support this movement if Earnest Ross uses hashtag #bitchmade.

-King- 01-23-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10390306)
I will only support this movement if Earnest Ross uses hashtag #bitchmade.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Pepe Silvia 01-24-2014 02:19 PM

Because Mizzou:

If this is indeed true the Bowl games were fun while they lasted. :(

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...medium=twitter

BryanBusby 01-24-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10391389)
Because Mizzou:

If this is indeed true the Bowl games were fun while they lasted. :(

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...medium=twitter

Who cares about bowls, that's a truly shitty thing to do and anyone involved in a rape cover-up should be fired and criminally charged.

Pepe Silvia 01-24-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10391418)
Who cares about bowls, that's a truly shitty thing to do and anyone involved in a rape cover-up should be fired and criminally charged.

It's terrible and Alden should be fired. I'm sorry but I care about both. Athletes that had nothing to do with it might suffer. This is a bad deal, all around. :(

patteeu 01-24-2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10391423)
It's terrible and Alden should be fired. I'm sorry but I care about both. Athletes that had nothing to do with it might suffer. This is a bad deal, all around. :(

Jumping the gun a little bit aren't you, Chicken Little?

Pepe Silvia 01-24-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10391448)
Jumping the gun a little bit aren't you, Chicken Little?

Dude its Mizzou, you really think this will end well?