ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

KChiefs1 07-03-2017 08:34 AM

https://www.royalsreview.com/2017/7/...-holland-davis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chiefspants 07-03-2017 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12941638)
There's no "helped" about it. The Royals 2015 team squashed the Blue Jays' last real chance.

The Blue Jays, Angels, and Orioles all missed their windows because of the Royals 14 and 15 run.

Possibly the Mets' window too. About half of that roster has been rotating through the DL since the 2015 WS and Harvey's shoulder is looking dangerously close to Johan Santana: Mets edition.

Probably not the best idea for the Mets to launch a mandatory strength training and intense mass building program for athletes being stretched over a 162 game season, eh?

TomBarndtsTwin 07-03-2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

There's no "helped" about it. The Royals 2015 team squashed the Blue Jays' last real chance.

The Blue Jays, Angels, and Orioles all missed their windows because of the Royals 14 and 15 run.

I agree, to a point.

I mean, the Blue Jays did make it back to the ALCS last year. Of course, they were promptly bitch slapped by the Indians and put in their place.

But, yes, 2015 was their best team and their best chance.

Al Bundy 07-03-2017 09:17 AM

Quote:

And I couldn't be happier about it.....

Prison Bitch 07-03-2017 09:34 AM

Quote:

In the Os case, injuries did that too. Maybe even more so. We did sweep them but the 4 games were decided by only 6 runs.

They were missing Machado, Chris Davis, and Weiters. That's a lotta beef taken out of a lineup

Prison Bitch 07-03-2017 12:38 PM

Foster Griffin on Futures Game roster. Age 21, former 1st founder. is 6-1 at AA with 2.08 era

duncan_idaho 07-03-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12941705)
In the Os case, injuries did that too. Maybe even more so. We did sweep them but the 4 games were decided by only 6 runs.

They were missing Machado, Chris Davis, and Weiters. That's a lotta beef taken out of a lineup

Yeah, that didn't help them, and Duffy being out didn't help KC. Not the same level of effect, but ... man, imagine if Duffy got all of Guthrie's starts...

Fun what-ifs, but they still thought they were way superior without those guys... and we're not.

penbrook 07-03-2017 01:30 PM

So far it looks like it's gonna come down to Moose and Bogaerts. Moose has the Midwest and from LA down to San Diego covered by Xander has roughly 40% of the Canadians vote while Moose only has 10%

penbrook 07-03-2017 01:32 PM

The Jason Vargas vs Felix Hernandez matchup should be fun

Chiefspants 07-03-2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12941832)
Yeah, that didn't help them, and Duffy being out didn't help KC. Not the same level of effect, but ... man, imagine if Duffy got all of Guthrie's starts...

Fun what-ifs, but they still thought they were way superior without those guys... and we're not.

It also would have been nice if Hoch could have returned in the latter part of 14. I realize his injury was the reason that Davis stepped into the bullpen... buuuuuut.

Having Hoch as added depth to the bullpen and as a person who could have stepped in for Brandon Finnegan in the ALCS and WS was really fun to think about.

While 14' was known for the borgs, 15 had the BP depth, and it's what carried them to a title.

jettio 07-03-2017 02:13 PM

What ever happened to a player having to have a good year or two prior to supplant somebody with some career accomplishments?

Smoak is in his 8th year, on his 1st free agent contract and is paid $4,000,000+ this year and signed for next year for same amount.

Hosmer is in his 7th year, never been a free agent and is paid $12,000,000+ this year. His pay next year will probably be at least 5 times greater than Smoak.

It is unusual for a guy to be elected to start in his first all-star caliber year. But I guess he is the only Blue Jay going to Miami.

penbrook 07-03-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 12941944)
What ever happened to a player having to have a good year or two prior to supplant somebody with some career accomplishments?

Smoak is in his 8th year, on his 1st free agent contract and is paid $4,000,000+ this year and signed for next year for same amount.

Hosmer is in his 7th year, never been a free agent and is paid $12,000,000+ this year. His pay next year will probably be at least 5 times greater than Smoak.

It is unusual for a guy to be elected to start in his first all-star caliber year. But I guess he is the only Blue Jay going to Miami.

His numbers are also a reason why he's going to the All Star game. The reason why Yander Alonzo made it instead of Hosmer is because the A's didn't havnt a representative

TomBarndtsTwin 07-03-2017 02:40 PM

Meh.

Alonzo and Smoak are both probably having better overall years than Hoz. Had Hoz not had such a dogshit April, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

The fans elected Smoak. The players picked Alonzo. It is what it is.

penbrook 07-03-2017 02:59 PM

Strahm 60 day DL. Skoglund to AAA. Alberquerque called up

BWillie 07-03-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12941996)
Strahm 60 day DL. Skoglund to AAA. Alberquerque called up

Alb has got to be better than Feliz. Feliz has had good results but has been walking on thin ice. Seems like a guy that could come in and walk the bases loaded very easily.