ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

wazu 06-15-2015 11:26 AM

Is there any reason to not merge this thread with the other now?

KCUnited 06-15-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11549656)
Is there any reason to not merge this thread with the other now?

The server getting gang raped with blades dipped in poison while on fire.

kcfanXIII 06-15-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11549659)
The server getting gang raped with blades dipped in poison while on fire.

The dragons will protect the server from all that. We just have to wait for them to show up.

mdchiefsfan 06-15-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 11549418)
I don't remember exactly why the Dothraki would turn against her. Guess without daddy badass, they lost respect. I still like her more than most, so I hate the thought of her getting raped and brutalized.. though her nudity is always a plus.

They said something in the first or second season, while traveling in the desert before eventually arriving at Quarth, that they see her as competition. Once the Khal falls off his horse, it's an all out war for supremacy of the khalasar.

There are also several khalasars, each with their own Khal. This could be a seperate group. The Dothraki are essentially pirates of the land of Essos. They will enslave or kill anyone not in their community, as we saw with the lands they plundered in the first season.

They could have grabbed her for any numerous reasons.

KCUnited 06-15-2015 11:53 AM

What was the significance of her dropping the ring as the riders approached?

wazu 06-15-2015 11:56 AM

I think things are looking up for Dany. My prediction is that the Dothraki saw her fly in on a dragon which is just about the only way she could have won back their respect with Drogo gone. She knows the people, speaks the language, and will lead them back to join with her kingdom and put down the Harpies right as it looks like Tyrion has lost control.

wazu 06-15-2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11549680)

Two possibilities: 1. Leave behind evidence for the good guys who are tracking her. 2. Doesn't want those Dothraki studs to think she is still married.

NewChief 06-15-2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

That was her engagement ring where she'd remarried the one dude in Myreen? She doesn't want the Dothraki to know she remarried after Khal Drogo.

At least I think that was the significance.

allen_kcCard 06-15-2015 12:00 PM

She dropped her ring because you know her "saviors" are going to come into the Dorthraki sea, and look around for about 15 minutes, and then lo' and behold find that ring sitting in the grass and instantly know where she is.

mdchiefsfan 06-15-2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11549686)
Two possibilities: 1. Leave behind evidence for the good guys who are tracking her. 2. Doesn't want those Dothraki studs to think she is still married.

This

BigRichard 06-15-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

It could be because she is the widow of the leader of the Dothraki. I don't recall them explaining this very well in the show but a widow of a Dothraki leader is expected to go to some place where all the widows of a Dothraki leader go. They basically have to grow old and die never being anything except the widow of a previous leader. They aren't allowed to remarry or anything. In the books it is mentioned a few times that she can never be in the presence of the Dothraki again because they will try to force her to go to that place.

I don't know if that ring was from Kal Drogo or someone else. If it was from Kal Drogo she might have been dropping it so they wouldn't know who she was.

mr. tegu 06-15-2015 02:31 PM

I am pretty sure the Sand Snakes are acting alone with poisoning Myrcella. I am also thinking that the one that likes Bronne gave him the anecdote. Though I have no real reason to think that in the grand scheme of the story beyond just pure speculation.

With regards to Jon, it makes perfect sense for Melisandra to save him. It accomplishes two things. The first is that it forces the viewer to actually start to like (or at least tolerate) Melisandra even though this whole time we have been conditioned to hate her.

Secondly, it would force Jon to owe her a debt of gratitude which will force him to be much more willing to listen to her and make her a part of his story in some way.

MagicHef 06-15-2015 03:48 PM

Can someone explain to me, using only the show info...

Why did the Night's Watch kill Jon?

BigRichard 06-15-2015 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 11550004)

The sole purpose of the Nights Watch, as they know it, was to defend the realm from the Wildlings. Jon then let all the Wildlings through the gate making him a traitor.

Fire Me Boy! 06-15-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 11550004)

Pissed off because of his continued love of the wildlings, best I can tell.