ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

RealSNR 10-17-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9023495)
I support SaveourChiefs.

No you ****ing don't. You're a Cassel apologist and a pussy. Saveourchiefs is for the fans who don't care about the brainless jocks on ESPN who don't do any ****ing reporting. Not one of them even watched the tape or collected information before opening their mouths and releasing vomity diarrhea onto the screen about how Chiefs fans supposedly misbehaved.

If you don't support the banners speaking for ALL Chiefs fans, then you don't support the movement you dipshit.

Woodchuck 10-17-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9023537)
No you ****ing don't. You're a Cassel apologist and a pussy. Saveourchiefs is for the fans who don't care about the brainless jocks on ESPN who don't do any ****ing reporting. Not one of them even watched the tape or collected information before opening their mouths and releasing vomity diarrhea onto the screen about how Chiefs fans supposedly misbehaved.

If you don't support the banners speaking for ALL Chiefs fans, then you don't support the movement you dipshit.

You don't even know me. ROFL Guys like you are the problem. You just spout off without thinking. Your heart is in the right place but your brain is not.

RealSNR 10-17-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9023561)
You don't even know me. ROFL Guys like you are the problem. You just spout off without thinking. Your heart is in the right place but your brain is not.

Here's a simple flow chart for you to follow:

Do you support the "FIRE PIOLI BENCH CASSEL" banners?

If yes, then you support the Saveourchiefs movement.

If no, then **** off and bleed to death through your pee hole, you sad sack of shit.

The Bad Guy 10-17-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9023495)
I support SaveourChiefs. They have one agenda and represent the entire fan base.

Look at yourselves guys. The night before the Baltimore game, there was a thread here about people hoping Cassel got hurt. We all know what happened that Sunday. Do you understand how this looks?

All I am saying is if you are going to fly banners and stuff like that, just put from Chiefs Planet on it because you don't represent the entire fanbase.

Not everyone here is bad but, there are alot of bad apples in the bunch. I just don't want to sit by and watch them ruin it for everyone. I feel like alot of damage has already been done.

What exactly are they ruining? There's a few asshole fans in every single fan base. I don't wish injury on Cassel, but now that it happened, I hope he never sees the field here.

Let's also get in touch with reality. The guy made over 50 million dollars here. It's not like they were booing the kid who got hurt in the punt pass or kick competition at halftime.

A lot of damage has already been done by this asshole GM and clueless HC. We are far more of a laughing stock because of their actions than a bunch of fans cheering Matt Cassel's injury.

Sorter 10-18-2012 05:58 PM

More Geno, less BlackBob.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...aylor-maryland

Before I started watching cut-ups of Geno Smith, I had an image in my mind of what kind of quarterback he would be. I had heard about all the amazing things he'd been doing, seen the numbers, read the reports. But I hadn't actually had the opportunity to see him actually throw a pass. Most of the reports I had seen compared him to ex-Baylor and current Washington Redskins quarterback, Robert Griffin III. I can safely say, having watched cut-ups of him against Maryland and Baylor, he is not Robert Griffin III. Nor is he Cam Newton. He's really not that much of a runner from what I saw. The guy that I kept thinking of while watching Smith was Ben Roethlisberger. But we'll come back to that later on.

While he's not RG3 or Newton, Smith is obviously a very good quarterback in his own right. He displays a lot of the tools desired in a franchise signal-caller. One of those tools is accuracy. The first stat that jumps off the paper when you look at it is his accuracy. He's currently averaging 75.3% completion rate, but before this past weekend's loss to Texas Tech, he was in the low 80's range. While those statistics are somewhat inflated due to the number of screens and short passes within five yards that are thrown in this offense, he's still an accurate quarterback.

Part of what makes him so accurate is his anticipation. Take a look at this play.
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_as...a-1_medium.png

Smith knew that his receiver was cutting in on the post across the face of the defender into open field. He has the confidence to put that ball out there and trust that his receiver will go and get it.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_as...b-2_medium.png

Smith locates the ball a little out in front of the receiver, forcing him to stretch out and dive for the play. That's a pass that only his receiver could make a play on. The covering defender had no angle to make a play on the ball; and because the receiver has to reach out for the ball, the defender can only get to the ball by going through the receiver and causing interference. Geno is right on the money there.

We also saw an ability to take a little something off of his throws when he needed to.
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_as...h1a_medium.png

West Virginia have Baylor backed up in their own red zone. They call for a fade at the top of the picture,
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_as...h1b_medium.png

Smith once again puts the ball where only his receiver can get it. He lofts it over the outstretched arms of the defensive back and hits his receiver at the back pylon of the end zone. The timing and accuracy of the throw are perfect, allowing his receiver to secure the football and get both feet down in-bounds.

But don't think Smith is just a touch passer. He can gun one deep when the time calls for it.
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_as...l1a_medium.png

Smith throws the ball from his own 42 yard line.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_as...l1b_medium.png

About 45 yards downfield, the receiver runs under the ball and catches it in stride. Smith made the pass look effortless while putting the perfect amount of air under it to allow his receiver to run under it in stride. The defensive back can't do anything about the throw, it's too good.

The only problem I had with his accuracy over the two games I watched, was that Smith attempted to fit the ball into windows that weren't really there. It wasn't a frequent occurrence but it felt like from time to time, he'd back his accuracy a bit too much and often it wasn't needed.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_as...w1a_medium.png

You can see that Smith has plenty of time in the pocket.
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_as...w1b_medium.png

And yet, Smith tries to fit a ball to a receiver that is bracketed by a corner and safety. The ball hits the corner in the back, but Smith is lucky the corner wasn't watching the pass because it could have been an interception. There was no need to throw that ball, Smith had all the time in the world with the pocket he was given. Smith can't afford to try and force the issue in the NFL, where that ball would probably have been picked.

Now I mentioned earlier that Smith isn't RG3 or Cam Newton, but reminded me more of Ben Roethlisberger. In these two games that I saw, Smith rarely scrambled or ran a quarterback keeper unless he had to. His obvious preference was to stand in the pocket and use his elusiveness to create more time in the pocket and extend plays. Just like we see Big Ben do every Sunday for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_as...s1a_medium.png

The defense gets a free rusher onto Smith here. But Geno saw him coming early and forced the tackle attempt to come from a bad angle. The defenders hands are around Smith's head height, allowing Smith to evade his grasp and slip out to the side.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_as...s1b_medium.png

All the defender can do is latch on to Geno's helmet as his momentum takes him past Smith.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_as...s1c_medium.png

With his helmet ripped off, Smith makes a wise decision to live and fight another day. He throws the ball away out the back of the end zone before he takes another hit.

That kind of ability to elude tackles is something quite rare in quarterbacks. We've seen guys like Big Ben with players hanging off of him as he breaks free and gets a throw off, but there just isn't many guys around that can do it.

Here's another example of him avoiding a rush, but staying in the pocket to keep the play alive.
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_as...p1a_medium.png

Geno spot's the rusher coming free and steps up in the pocket.
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_as...p1b_medium.png

He wisely tucks the ball to keep it protected from the outstretched arm of the rusher.
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_as...p1c_medium.png

Smith finds his way to a gap in the pocket, keeping his eyes downfield. He manages to get off an accurate throw, even at such an awkward angle, at the last second before another rusher gets a hit on him. The ball was eventually dropped by the receiver, but it was definitely catchable.

That about wraps up my thoughts on what I saw from Smith against both Maryland and Baylor. I still think it's too early for me to call him a top five or top ten pick. From what I've seen, he definitely has first round potential, but until I have a chance to evaluate the other quarterbacks and players in this class, I wouldn't want to call anyone a top five pick.

What do you think about Geno Smith? Is he the next number one overall pick, or is he overrated. Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below.

WV 10-18-2012 06:04 PM

His first "bad" game was against Texas Tech and even that game was not bad statistically.

Geno can run the ball pretty well actually. He isn't RGIII elusive, but he's a long strider and is faster than he appears. Think Randall Cunningham, not Vick or RGIII.

I'll be at the game this weekend against KState and am looking forward to seeing him live.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-18-2012 06:49 PM

And then I JIZZ...IN-MY PAAAAAHHHAAAAANNNTTSSSS!

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-18-2012 06:50 PM

I weep tears of joy for Geno's awesomeness.

Tribal Warfare 10-18-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9029032)
His first "bad" game was against Texas Tech and even that game was not bad statistically.

Geno can run the ball pretty well actually. He isn't RGIII elusive, but he's a long strider and is faster than he appears. Think Randall Cunningham, not Vick or RGIII.

I'll be at the game this weekend against KState and am looking forward to seeing him live.

Randall ran a 4.2 in the 40

the Talking Can 10-18-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9023561)

what's hilarious is that even after this board disposed of black boobs's burned body in a ditch, he came crawling back for more abuse...

the sign of a true dumb ass

milkman 10-18-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9029032)

I've made this comparison previously, and seen a media person make the same.

When I watch Geno Smith, I see an Aaron Rodgers clone.

Not fast, but extremely mobile , and he always has his eyes downfield.

The arm strength and accuracy are also comparable.

Sorter 10-18-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9029258)

^this. throwing motion is a little different, but nao me importa.

I absolutely love his pocket presence and his desire to look down-field.

BossChief 10-18-2012 07:59 PM

Id bet money that Pioli would pass on Geno in the draft.

I know that hurts, and hopefully he wont still be here to make that pick, but if he IS Pioli WILL NOT take Geno Smith.

He would try to look like the smartest man in the room again...trade down to around 11 or 12, add a nother first rounder or maybe even two...and take Landry "Blackledge" Jones.

Sorter 10-18-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9029344)

I know that hurts, and hopefully he wont still be here to make that pick, but if he IS Pioli WILL NOT take Geno Smith.

He would try to look like the smartest man in the room again...trade down to around 11 or 12, add a nother first rounder or maybe even two...and take Landry "Blackledge" Jones.

That idea sickens me. Not because it is disgusting. Because it has an actual chance of happening.

the Talking Can 10-18-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8926000)
i'd be happy to draft barkley, but he's looked off this year and his passes really seemed to lack some zip against stanford...he also made some bad decisions, which is uncharacteristic

i remember him as a freshman (I think) on the road against ohio state...he showed a ton of courage and savy

his NFL upside is Matt Ryan, imo

Smith, who I have not watched as much as, seems to have a higher upside...and is just a bit more 'electric' (vague, i know)...he's just learning how good he can be while Barkley has known for awhile

his NFL upside is...hmm...Rodgers (is that crazy?)

i'm on the rodgers train too

BossChief 10-18-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9029359)
That idea sickens me. Not because it is disgusting. Because it has an actual chance of happening.

I think that's exactly what Pioli would be HOPING WOULD HAPPEN.

Sorter 10-18-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9029393)
I think that's exactly what Pioli would be HOPING WOULD HAPPEN.

http://rgifs.gifbin.com/122010/12913...ter-vomits.gif

Titty Meat 10-18-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9029344)

If he passes on Geno or Barkley I'll cheer for another team.

**** if Pioli comes back next year I might do that anyway.

WV 10-18-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9029194)
Randall ran a 4.2 in the 40

I was thinking more in style as opposed to actual speed. I was still a relatively young NFL fan when he was running all over the field for the iggles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9029258)

That's a lofty comparison, but I'll take it. I've maintained all along that this is the year I became a huge Geno fan. He previous years while good statistically, didn't impress me in other aspects. It just looks like a switch has flipped this year and I like it.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-18-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9029203)
what's hilarious is that even after this board disposed of black boobs's burned body in a ditch, he came crawling back for more abuse...

the sign of a true dumb ass

He's Freddy Voorhees

RunKC 10-18-2012 08:52 PM

Geno Smith reminds me of Russell Wilson.

BossChief 10-18-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029558)

I know right.

Like a mixture of Russel Wilson, Mike Vick, Vince Young, Donovan McNabb and Doug Williams all rolled into one.

****ing spot on!!!!!

WV 10-18-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9029609)
I know right.

Like a mixture of Russel Wilson, Mike Vick, Vince Young, Donovan McNabb and Doug Williams all rolled into one.

****ing spot on!!!!!

LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni 10-18-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

I know right.

****ing spot on!!!!!

ROFL Jeez these n00bs are tards

BossChief 10-18-2012 09:06 PM

Shit, I forgot Cam Newton and Josh Freeman FTMFW

ILChief 10-18-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

I hope he is better than Russell Wilson if we're talking about drafting him as high as we are

Pasta Little Brioni 10-18-2012 09:09 PM

Poor man's Dante Culpepper amirite RunKC?

BossChief 10-18-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9029620)
ROFL Jeez these n00bs are tards

The real tragedy is that there is no Skip Towne to run them off.

I mean, this Michael Douglas (In falling down) guy has green rep.

That shit would have never happened when I first got here.

NEVER.

Its guys like him that make me want to go on a neg rep spree.

Anyone with me?

Pasta Little Brioni 10-18-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9029631)

NEVER.

Anyone with me?

Must have gotten the breakfast

BossChief 10-18-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9029625)
I hope he is better than Russell Wilson if we're talking about drafting him as high as we are

Geno Smith is to Russel Wilson as Donald Trump is to Rick Flair.

RunKC 10-18-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

I know right.

****ing spot on!!!!!

Your race card is insulting.

But let's compare Geno Smith to Aaron Rodgers even though Rodgers has a ****ing rifle while Geno has a bee bee gun.

Sorter 10-18-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

NEVER.

Anyone with me?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0...5o1_r4_500.gif

WV 10-18-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029649)

But let's compare Geno Smith to Aaron Rodgers even though Rodgers has a ****ing rifle while Geno has a bee bee gun.

Smith's arm may not be as strong as Rodgers, but it's far from a bee bee gun. Try again.

Titty Meat 10-18-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Go **** yourself in the ass with a jack hammer.

Sorter 10-18-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9029672)
Go **** yourself in the ass with a jack hammer.

Rep.

Saccopoo 10-18-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s (Post 9023391)
ROFL

Oh yes, the defensive powerhouse of Clemson. Ranked 64th (not quite in the upper half of the FBS) at 26.2 points per game and 379.4 yards per game.

Don't be a dipshit.

You asked when he didn't play from behind. I gave you the 2012 Orange Bowl as an example when WV played the 13th ranked Clemson Tigers and rang up 70 on them with Geno setting nearly every Orange Bowl passing record in the process.

If that doesn't work for you, then you, my simple friend, are beyond help.

RunKC 10-18-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9029661)
Smith's arm may not be as strong as Rodgers, but it's far from a bee bee gun. Try again.

Compared to Rodgers arm, yes it is a bee bee gun.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-18-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

NEVER.

Anyone with me
?

Not a bad idea. Just tried to get the breakfast myself and was told no.

WV 10-18-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029684)

It's official, you're a ****ing moron. Please leave.

Sorter 10-18-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9029696)
Not a bad idea. Just tried to get the breakfast myself and was told no.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rfWyS5BgA9...screenshot.jpg

You know you want a cool mustache. :)

milkman 10-18-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029684)

Let me guess.

You're salivating over the possibility of getting Landry Jones.

Because only a moron would reach the conclusion you have here.

Saccopoo 10-18-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

This posting recieves the grade of:

F-

Negged.

RunKC 10-18-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9029702)
It's official, you're a ****ing moron. Please leave.

Take Geno's cock out of your mouth dude. His arm strength strength is not on the same level as Rodgers.

Jesus man.

RunKC 10-18-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9029721)
Let me guess.

You're salivating over the possibility of getting Landry Jones.

Because only a moron would reach the conclusion you have here.

**** Landry Jones. I'll take Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith.

It's like it's a sin to question Geno on here. The guy looked like shit against the first good defense he played this year. Expecting a little more from him before crowing him is unacceptable huh?

WV 10-18-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029733)
Take Geno's cock out of your mouth dude. His arm strength strength is not on the same level as Rodgers.

Jesus man.

I didn't say it was, but your saying it's a bee bee gun in comparison is border line reeruned and I don't use that term lightly. Seriously, loosen the straps on your helmet, dry your chin and watch some film.

Saccopoo 10-18-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029741)

It's like it's a sin to question Geno on here.

It's not "like it's a sin," it is a sin.

You do know what thread this is, correct?

Sorter 10-18-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

It's like it's a sin to question Geno on here. The guy looked like shit against the first good defense he played this year. Expecting a little more from him before crowing him is unacceptable huh?

You say looked like shit. I say looked like Tom Brady playing in Seattle.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-18-2012 09:35 PM

That was quick ROFL

RunKC 10-18-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9029746)
I didn't say it was, but your saying it's a bee bee gun in comparison is border line reeruned and I don't use that term lightly. Seriously, loosen the straps on your helmet, dry your chin and watch some film.

I think Geno has a good arm. He can make the throws. And he has accuracy which is awesome.

But I think it's a little premature to compare his arm strength to the QB with the best arm in the world.

WV 10-18-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

More proof you don't watch the games. The majority of the WV team played like shit, Geno was not sharp compared to other games, but he hardly looked like shit.

CMP ATT YDS CMP% LNG TD INT RAT
29 55 275 52.7 38 1 0 100.7

You cannot be a Chiefs fan if you think that stat line is looking like shit.

milkman 10-18-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Watching Geno Smith, I see a kid that has great feel for the game.

He doesn't throw lasers with every pass the way most strong armed college QBs do, but he has thrown lasers into tight windows when he has to.

His arm strength is underrated because he doesn't put it on display with most of his throws.

WV 10-18-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029758)
I think Geno has a good arm. He can make the throws. And he has accuracy which is awesome.

But I think it's a little premature to compare his arm strength to the QB with the best arm in the world.

I don't think anyone actually compared it directly to Rodgers, I was just defending your inaccurate analogy.

RunKC 10-18-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9029761)
More proof you don't watch the games. The majority of the WV team played like shit, Geno was not sharp compared to other games, but he hardly looked like shit.

CMP ATT YDS CMP% LNG TD INT RAT
29 55 275 52.7 38 1 0 100.7

You cannot be a Chiefs fan if you think that stat line is looking like shit.

Don't like his 52.7 completion % (I think he is capable of way more than that).

I think Saturday will tell a lot about Geno. I want to see how he responds against another good defense.

BossChief 10-18-2012 09:41 PM

:facepalm:

take that stupid shit to the chiefscoalition.

milkman 10-18-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9029771)
I don't think anyone actually compared it directly to Rodgers, I was just defending your inaccurate analogy.

Actually I did compare it directly to Rodgers.

I said he has comparable arm strength.

That doesn't mean he has the same exact strength, but it is strong enough to draw the comparison.

WV 10-18-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029772)

I think Saturday will tell a lot about Geno. I want to see how he responds against another good defense.

He was a bit off and had more than a few complete overthrows, but there wasn't a single phase that was working for WV against Texas Tech.

He needs to start stepping up and taking the yardage the defense gives him. Obviously no one wants him to be a scrambler, but he had many opportunities to step up and run for a first down.

WV 10-18-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9029778)

That doesn't mean he has the same exact strength, but it is strong enough to draw the comparison.

Like you said...people underestimate his arm strength unless they watch an entire game.

RealSNR 10-18-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029772)

Nevermind that he's been a starting QB at the college level for two years prior to this one.

Nope. This is the ONLY year when games against good defenses count. :rolleyes:

Saccopoo 10-18-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Milk is correct.

And makes a very good observation: Geno has superb feel for the game and understands and applies the correct velocity to his passes for the situation.

The guy has made numerous 50 yard in the air throws this season to receivers right in stride. Smith does have a very, very good arm (I'd say superb arm because he applies the necessary speed on the ball damn near every time).

It's his understanding and application at the position that makes him so desirable in my eyes as an NFL level QB. His feel for the game is uncanny. He's a natural at the position.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-18-2012 09:48 PM

What a beatdown

RunKC 10-18-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9029769)
Watching Geno Smith, I see a kid that has great feel for the game.

He doesn't throw lasers with every pass the way most strong armed college QBs do, but he has thrown lasers into tight windows when he has to.

His arm strength is underrated because he doesn't put it on display with most of his throws.

I agree, but who has he played?

Right now I like Tyler Wilson the most. The kid showed a ton of potential last year against the best defenses. He even looked pretty good against the LSU, Bama and South Carolina defenses.

I know he looks awful now, but his coach is flat out terrible and his WR's are all in the NFL now.

I would love to have Geno on this team though. I think he has the ability to be a great QB. I really want to see him rebound this week though (I want him to throw at least 3 TD's in a loss because I want K-State to go to the ship).

And I don't get the Russell Wilson hate? Wilson was ****ing awesome his last year in college and completed 73% of his passes with 33 TD's to 14 INT's. He also has completed 63% of his passes with below average WR's in the NFL and beat Tom Brady last week, so forgive me if I don't hate him like some of you guys seem to.

Sorter 10-18-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Sadly, this will be the first time we disagree on a subject.

I think Rodgers has the most live arm in the NFL. > Cutler, Stafford, Vick, RGIII, etc. I don't think anybody is close, IMO.

TBS, I think that Geno has above average arm-strength due to his mechanics and footwork, similar to Tom Brady. Their releases are directly correlated to their arm-strength, IMO.

I'm probably wrong, but that is just what I see.

Sorter 10-18-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029791)
beat Tom Brady last week, so forgive me if I don't hate him like some of you guys seem to.

He beat NE's defense. Tom was not playing D.

milkman 10-18-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Right now I like Tyler Wilson the most. The kid showed a ton of potential last year against the best defenses. He even looked pretty good against the LSU, Bama and South Carolina defenses.

I know he looks awful now, but his coach is flat out terrible and his WR's are all in the NFL now.

I would love to have Geno on this team though. I think he has the ability to be a great QB. I really want to see him rebound this week though (I want him to throw at least 3 TD's in a loss because I want K-State to go to the ship).

And I don't get the Russell Wilson hate? Wilson was ****ing awesome his last year in college and completed 73% of his passes with 33 TD's to 14 INT's. He also has completed 63% of his passes with below average WR's in the NFL and beat Tom Brady last week, so forgive me if I don't hate him like some of you guys seem to.

I don't hate Russel Wilson.

I think that kid has huge upside, and will be a QB to be reckoned with in the years to come.

WV 10-18-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Doesn't have anything to do with hating Russel Wilson, this board is and was full of people that wanted Russel Wilson. Your comparison is what everyone hated.

CaliforniaChief 10-18-2012 09:54 PM

I feel more strongly about "Blow for Geno" than I did "Suck for Luck."

Geno Smith is un-freakingbelievable, and it would slay me if he ends up with the Browns or Raiders instead of with us.

With a new head coach/GM, we could build a championship team around Geno Smith within a year or two.

Ebolapox 10-18-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

and rodgers doesn't have the gun that jeff george or jamarcus russell had. would you like one of those, you ****ing idiot?

BossChief 10-18-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Geno Smith threw for 463 yards against LSU last year, dumbass.

Caseyguyrr 10-18-2012 10:41 PM

add me to the list

RunKC 10-18-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9029844)

293 of those yards were in the 2nd half when LSU was up by 3 TD's and the game was over.

Saccopoo 10-18-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029869)
293 of those yards were in the 2nd half when LSU was up by 3 TD's and the game was over.

And all 463 of those yards were getting tossed against Tyrann Matthieu and Morris Claiborne, with Brockers, Montegomery and Mingo draped all over him.

That's an NFL first round pick at nearly every position level defense.

Sorry, but your "garbage time" theory doesn't hold water.

BossChief 10-18-2012 11:11 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qvrXu9Fsvpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RunKC 10-19-2012 02:16 AM

This mock draft just gave me chubby. :eek:

1. Geno Smith QB West Virginia
2. Eric Reid S LSU
3. Tavon Austin WR West Virginia (bye Dexter)

AussieChiefsFan 10-19-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029983)

2. Eric Reid S LSU

This would be infinitely awesome.

Unsmooth-Moment 10-19-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

2. Eric Reid S LSU

in.

AussieChiefsFan 10-19-2012 02:32 AM

Quote:

2. Eric Reid S LSU

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9029985)
This would be infinitely awesome.

Although i like DMC.

acesn8s 10-19-2012 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9029805)
I feel more strongly about "Blow for Geno" than I did "Suck for Luck."

Geno Smith is un-freakingbelievable, and it would slay me if he ends up with the Browns or Raiders instead of with us.

With a new head coach/GM, we could build a championship team around Geno Smith within a year or two.

I am hearing that Oakland wants to retain Palmer and go for a CB in the draft.

acesn8s 10-19-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9029844)

I will say it again, if garbage yardage is a deciding factor as to how well a QB is then Cassel is what Pioli thinks he is. But we all know that Cassel is shit and his numbers are inflated because of the catching up he must do because of falling behind in games. Geno Smith only put 463 yds against LSU because they fell behind so quickly in the game. LSU went into the half up 27-7. He threw the ball 65 times! This should not be the game that you all hang your hat on when supporting Geno.

Woodchuck 10-19-2012 06:29 AM

I like Geno. I really do but, I want to see him carry the team in a bad situation. This won't be popular but it's a valid point imo. When they get down and are playing like shit, I want to see him step up. I haven't seen that yet. The best QBs can do this and this is one of the most important qualities to me. Kansas State will be their toughest test to this point in my opinion.

He does compare to Aaron Rodgers in this area. Most of his success has come when he's played with the lead. Odds are he will never go through another playoff run without trailing in a game.

30yr fan 10-19-2012 06:37 AM

Far better than what we've had around here for decades