ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Must Watch Series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258883)

Buehler445 03-30-2022 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 16224595)
I can't be the only one here enjoying The Dropout about Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos (on Hulu). I didn't have much background information on the real-life events (not much into tech or Silicon Valley stuff), and it's tempting to spoil it by looking up the real-life persons (particularly the good guys, like Kevin Hunter and the first inventor of the box who challenged Holmes) after each episode.

I haven't went that direction because I read (well listened to) Bad Blood by John Carreyrou. It was pretty definitive. I also listened to Thicker Than Water by Tyler Schultz, who was one of the whistleblowers. His grandpa, former SOS George Schultz was a major investor, and the family dynamics were interesting as hell. And it was pretty amazing to see the story from the perspective from a green 20 year old kid.

As interesting as the story is, I'd recommend getting the entire story from the book.

Same thing with We Crashed. This spring I listened to The Cult of We by Eliot Brown and Maureen Farrell. It is also pretty definitive.

I can't imagine a few hours of heavily dramatized dialogue will take the place of 30 hour books.

I'm a total nerd for business. And the frauds these guys manage to pull off for a shocking amount of time never ceases to amaze. I always feel like I need a shower when I'm done, but I can't help myself. I just have to listen to the books.

TwistedChief 03-31-2022 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 16224595)
I can't be the only one here enjoying The Dropout about Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos (on Hulu). I didn't have much background information on the real-life events (not much into tech or Silicon Valley stuff), and it's tempting to spoil it by looking up the real-life persons (particularly the good guys, like Kevin Hunter and the first inventor of the box who challenged Holmes) after each episode.

I just finished Ted Lasso - which was truly a joy - and am deciding between Super Pumped (uber), The Drop Out (Theranos), and WeCrashed (WeWork).

So much corporate misbehavior, so little time.

Buehler445 03-31-2022 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16225519)
I just finished Ted Lasso - which was truly a joy - and am deciding between Super Pumped (uber), The Drop Out (Theranos), and WeCrashed (WeWork).

I really do recommend you read the books if you’re at all interested in the stories.

Baby Lee 04-01-2022 09:02 AM

Just started, promising, star-studded.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O9ZJChzPn0U" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe 04-01-2022 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16225519)

Can't believe you waited this long to finish Lasso. Great show.

Coochie liquor 04-01-2022 06:36 PM

Suburra : Blood on Rome is good. We’re in the second of 3 seasons. It’s less action, and equal on the drama as Gomorra. Although I like Gomorra more, this one has a good story to follow. Next on the list is Romanzo Criminale. I’ve heard rumblings of it being BETTER than Gomorra, but that’s gonna be hard to pull off. Would definitely recommend Suburra though. There’s a movie that came out before the series which starts it off.

unlurking 04-01-2022 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16227269)
Just started, promising, star-studded.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O9ZJChzPn0U" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That looks pretty good. Oldman has an amazing range.

Baby Lee 04-01-2022 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 16228240)
That looks pretty good. Oldman has an amazing range.

For those who are intrigued, but not enough to track down the gist, it's about the . . . dregs, . . . of British Intelligence, . . . whether they burned out, crossed a muckety-muck, or failed a high profile op, or were simply never all that skilled to begin with, are assigned to a kind of placeholder/scutwork division with limited resources, . . . Then when some of them happen across some ominous intel, they summon their capabilities and maximize their resources to unveil an explosive plot.

Kind of a Rocky meets Bourne Identity. Or a cul-de-sac of the byzantine tapestry of intelligence work LeCarre would have written about.

Baby Lee 04-02-2022 01:02 AM

Another promising start . . . Could be a mess, but the first ep was decent. Lots of familiar faces, and names in the production crew.

No way to know how it will turn out, but the premise appears a little optimistic, a little wacky, a little chaotic, and at least primarily aiming for funny.

Gave me vibes closest to The Detour, the wild, creative, if a little 'out there' comedy with Jason Jones and Natalie Zea from a few years back, with 'the optimist everyman' tested by eccentric locals and absurd situations. And there were legit chuckles interspersed in the 'premise setup' pilot.

<iframe width="820" height="461" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XmOvgKSKokY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jenson71 04-02-2022 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16224684)
I haven't went that direction because I read (well listened to) Bad Blood by John Carreyrou. It was pretty definitive. I also listened to Thicker Than Water by Tyler Schultz, who was one of the whistleblowers. His grandpa, former SOS George Schultz was a major investor, and the family dynamics were interesting as hell. And it was pretty amazing to see the story from the perspective from a green 20 year old kid.

As interesting as the story is, I'd recommend getting the entire story from the book.

Same thing with We Crashed. This spring I listened to The Cult of We by Eliot Brown and Maureen Farrell. It is also pretty definitive.

I can't imagine a few hours of heavily dramatized dialogue will take the place of 30 hour books.

I'm a total nerd for business. And the frauds these guys manage to pull off for a shocking amount of time never ceases to amaze. I always feel like I need a shower when I'm done, but I can't help myself. I just have to listen to the books.

I'm including each of your mentioned books on my wish list. There was a scene in Episode 6 where George and Tyler Schultz are at Elizabeth's birthday party, and Tyler is about to tell his grandfather his suspicions in a private room when Elizabeth walks in on them, and then she sternly confronts Tyler when George walks back to the party. Then the next scene at the party is Tyler performing a song he wrote for Elizabeth's party in her honor.

I said, "Hmm -- I wonder if anything like that happened in real life?"

And my wife, who had been watching the entire series with me, said, "Wait - is this based on a true story?"

Buehler445 04-03-2022 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 16228894)
I'm including each of your mentioned books on my wish list. There was a scene in Episode 6 where George and Tyler Schultz are at Elizabeth's birthday party, and Tyler is about to tell his grandfather his suspicions in a private room when Elizabeth walks in on them, and then she sternly confronts Tyler when George walks back to the party. Then the next scene at the party is Tyler performing a song he wrote for Elizabeth's party in her honor.

I said, "Hmm -- I wonder if anything like that happened in real life?"

And my wife, who had been watching the entire series with me, said, "Wait - is this based on a true story?"

That actually happens. It’s in the thicker than water book. Insanity.

Pepe Silvia 04-04-2022 10:09 PM

How in the hell did Chad make it to season 2? I’m baffled.

Buehler445 04-04-2022 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16233133)
How in the hell did Chad make it to season 2? I’m baffled.

LOL No clue. The 45 seconds I watched before the wife shitcanned it is all I've ever seen.

My wife was not thrilled.

Direckshun 04-05-2022 12:20 PM

Well, I just finished season 1 of "Foundation" on Apple TV.

Man, that first episode is outstanding, some of the best sci-fi I can remember seeing.

Kind of sad how it all collapsed after just a few episodes. I really felt like the show limped to its conclusion.

I fear season 2 is going to be an absolute trashfire.

Baby Lee 04-07-2022 05:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 16068696)
Season premier of Snowfall coming up in February. The final episode last season was a bit trope but it's an excellent show.

Love is in the air [and on the outdoor furniture]

BigBeauford 04-07-2022 05:58 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_BrwKUDMd8s" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red 04-08-2022 08:33 AM

only 2 episodes in but 'From' is pretty creepy.

Baby Lee 04-08-2022 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 16238308)
only 2 episodes in but 'From' is pretty creepy.

From is way better than its profile and popularity would indicate.

I'm sure, to the extent anyone even knows it exists, some are staying away for fear it will go nowhere like LOST, but it's generated some legit creepy and intriguing moments.

I guess it could still fall apart, plenty of them do. But it's better thus far than I expected, and it's kind of weird how far under the radar it is. But then being on Epix and having a title like 'From' doesn't exactly position it for buzz.

Heck, even googling 'from recaps' or 'from reviews' generates useless links because 'from' is so generic.

Simply Red 04-08-2022 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16238325)
From is way better than its profile and popularity would indicate.

I'm sure, to the extent anyone even knows it exists, some are staying away for fear it will go nowhere like LOST, but it's generated some legit creepy and intriguing moments.

I guess it could still fall apart, plenty of them do. But it's better thus far than I expected, and it's kind of weird how far under the radar it is. But then being on Epix and having a title like 'From' doesn't exactly position it for buzz.

Heck, even googling 'from recaps' or 'from reviews' generates useless links because 'from' is so generic.

Did you finish it? Also, I've yet to watch one single minute of Lost but I think that'll be a good (but lengthy) binge in the fall.

Baby Lee 04-08-2022 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 16238329)
Did you finish it? Also, I've yet to watch one single minute of Lost but I think that'll be a good (but lengthy) binge in the fall.

The season finale hasn't aired yet.

And regarding LOST, I would think it would be an entirely different experience now as opposed to when it aired. When it aired, there were so so so many little details that looked to be adding up to something. This is back when 'easter eggs' were still a fairly new draw for serialized television. People spent eons online hypothesizing and theorizing and drawing connections. And the big disappointment wasn't so much that the show itself sucked, or that the overall narrative was worthless, more that all of those details and the theories they gave birth to were all just red herrings.

If you watch the show now, with all those blogs breaking everything down disused or defunct, you'll more likely miss the details that were the draw for the show, but you'll also get to concentrate on the broader narrative without cluttering your mind with red herrings.

I have no way of knowing whether that will be a better or worse experience, but it is an interesting prospect.

Simply Red 04-08-2022 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16238342)
The season finale hasn't aired yet.

And regarding LOST, I would think it would be an entirely different experience now as opposed to when it aired. When it aired, there were so so so many little details that looked to be adding up to something. This is back when 'easter eggs' were still a fairly new draw for serialized television. People spent eons online hypothesizing and theorizing and drawing connections. And the big disappointment wasn't so much that the show itself sucked, or that the overall narrative was worthless, more that all of those details and the theories they gave birth to were all just red herrings.

If you watch the show now, with all those blogs breaking everything down disused or defunct, you'll more likely miss the details that were the draw for the show, but you'll also get to concentrate on the broader narrative without cluttering your mind with red herrings.

I have no way of knowing whether that will be a better or worse experience, but it is an interesting prospect.

Will give it a whirl to find out, but yeah; some of the past series haven't aged well or maybe what 'worked' then - doesn't now? Thanks for the info.

Simply Red 04-08-2022 09:06 AM

From reminds me of The Mist (movie) or even Black Summer, I love these types.

Pepe Silvia 04-08-2022 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16236506)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_BrwKUDMd8s" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I started to watch Barry during season 1 but I didn’t stick with it, is it really good?

Baby Lee 04-08-2022 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16238856)
I started to watch Barry during season 1 but I didn’t stick with it, is it really good?

It's tough to pin down, but I'd characterize it as well above average.

It's certainly unique, and it certainly has iconic scenes. I'd say it even has iconic episodes.

It can be a little frenetic and navel-gazing, but the multiple payoffs are worth the occasional eye-rolls.

It kind of stitches together a number of well-worn tropes into something fresh and new, if that makes sense.

Basically, 'Barry' is an American-made killing machine. . . A military-trained ops-man, who is a little at-sea, a little PTSD, after his discharge, so he teams up with a guy who farms him out for contract kills for typical underworld types back in-country.

In the course of a hit gone bad, he is looking for a place to hide out and happens on a shitty acting class run by a wannabe actor/teacher played by Henry Winkler.

Barry has an epiphany in that one class, hanging out, and now has a strong desire to change his life and become a thesbian, but his former contacts, and his former targets aren't as enchanted with his desire to change career trajectory.

The rest is dark comedy juggling his new friends in this acting class and the underworld folk who either want him to keep killing or want to kill him for prior killings.

I trust from that description you can suss out some of the inspirations, but like I said the quality of the show is the fresh take and the commitment to the bit.

Baby Lee 04-11-2022 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16168006)
Jessica Lowe is a cutie pie. She’s in Tacoma FD which is another decent show.

Starting out on Minx, promising thus far. Jake Johnson is perfect fo the role he's in. . . But thought of you and wanted to mention Jessica Lowe is a featured player in it as well.

<iframe width="706" height="397" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UTc5I86to_8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pepe Silvia 04-11-2022 09:13 AM

I saw that a few weeks ago, I don’t think I can watch it though, I don’t have HBO Max.

She looked really good in that trailer.

BigBeauford 04-11-2022 10:41 AM

Just burned through The Shield. I think I'll slot that one right behind Breaking Bad as my #2. The ending was perfection in the worst possible way.

Pepe Silvia 04-11-2022 11:06 AM

I’ve been binging the Breaking Bad marathon on AMC. Such a fantastic show. Kafkaesque.

Coochie liquor 04-11-2022 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16241416)
Just burned through The Shield. I think I'll slot that one right behind Breaking Bad as my #2. The ending was perfection in the worst possible way.

Did you try Gomorra or Suburra yet?

BigBeauford 04-12-2022 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 16242044)
Did you try Gomorra or Suburra yet?

Gomorra is definitely on my list.

Coochie liquor 04-12-2022 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16242466)
Gomorra is definitely on my list.

That’s cool. We just finished Suburra : Blood on Rome. It’s on Netflix. Really good. The first season is good, but kinda sets up for seasons 2 and 3 to be full blown wild. Def suggest it as well. It’s not wuite as dark and gritty as Gomorra, but it has its moments. And they’re pretty powerful. There’s a movie that starts out the series, but you don’t have to watch it first. Also Gomorra has a movie that you should watch after the end of the series. It’s called The Immortal.

TwistedChief 04-15-2022 07:57 AM

I’m enjoying Tokyo Vice on HBO. Really solid Japanese underworld crime drama. Tokyo is such an amazing city.

Coochie liquor 04-16-2022 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16247314)
I’m enjoying Tokyo Vice on HBO. Really solid Japanese underworld crime drama. Tokyo is such an amazing city.

That’s next on my list, soon as I finish Top Boy.

Baby Lee 04-16-2022 11:59 AM

This isn't so much about a 'must see' as a bit of interesting* trivia about a 'decent enough' Thursday night sitcom.

On last night's Ghosts, they introduced a new ghost character, Stephanie Killed on Prom Night. Listen to the voice and see if it sound familiar. . . . Don't cheat with google-fu.

Hint - it's not so much 'her' voice that sounds familiar

Spoiler!

Buehler445 04-16-2022 01:54 PM

I’ve been old for quite awhile now, friend.

Simply Red 04-16-2022 03:38 PM

After watching 9 episodes of From, I'd give it a strong scoring. It was right up my alley as they say.

OnTheWarpath15 04-16-2022 05:48 PM

Quote:

Was debating this, will take the plunge. Thanks!

BigRedChief 04-17-2022 08:22 AM

Quote:

Seconded. Well done series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16155866)
So did Inventing Ana on Netflix. I'm a sucker for Julia Garner so I gave it a go

She was fantastic. This was well done too. Watched the other We Work and Thernos series too. These all a fantastic revel of the "celebrity" culture invading business and the rich who don't want to miss out on the next Google or Facebook.

Thernos everyone lose their money and she is going to jail at some point. But, the We work couple got to keep a Billion collars? How was that possible? It was all a fraud. They had evidence he was taking money meant for the business and using it for personal gain. Building himself houses, putting millions in his personal bank account. How is that legal?

Buehler445 04-17-2022 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 16249631)
Seconded. Well done series.

She was fantastic. This was well done too. Watched the other We Work and Thernos series too. These all a fantastic revel of the "celebrity" culture invading business and the rich who don't want to miss out on the next Google or Facebook.

Thernos everyone lose their money and she is going to jail at some point. But, the We work couple got to keep a Billion collars? How was that possible? It was all a fraud. They had evidence he was taking money meant for the business and using it for personal gain. Building himself houses, putting millions in his personal bank account. How is that legal?

The We work stuff was mostly VC money and they didn’t choose to sue for fraud. I listened to an audiobook called the Cult of We. It was pretty plain to me that they committed some fraud. But by the same token the VC jackasses didn’t ask for gaap financial statements. They were focused on growth only, and failed to even run a basic margin analysis.

I believe there is a case for some fraud. But the reality is the VC guys are dumber than ****. And they certainly had some governance problems on the board that allowed the ****ery to happen. But this is nothing like Theranos falsifying medical lab tests and trying to bamboozle lab certifications.

Buehler445 04-17-2022 01:44 PM

If anyone is into this stuff and wants to read the books, I’ll vouch for the following:

Bad Blood (theranos)
Thicker than Water (theranos)
The Cult of We (we work)

lewdog 04-17-2022 07:35 PM

Love the Narcos series on Netflix and Narcos Mexico did not drop off one bit from the previous series.

Love this show.

Simply Red 04-17-2022 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 16250332)
Love the Narcos series on Netflix and Narcos Mexico did not drop off one bit from the previous series.

Love this show.

awesome - will watch - ty

Simply Red 04-22-2022 08:50 AM

If you like horror - give this one a whirl. It's from a studio out of France IIRC and French horror is very good, up there w/ Korean and Italian Horror.

No subs in the English version and terrifying IMVHO.

Edit: The IMDB Trailer is in French.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1087569..._=nv_sr_srsg_0

Baby Lee 04-24-2022 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16238856)

ROFL

Also

Spoiler!

Pepe Silvia 04-25-2022 07:26 AM

http://https://www.12thblog.com/wp-c...oldberg-24.jpgStarted Barry again last night. I kind of remember where I left off, the scenes with Stephen Root are coming back to me now.

Btw I did a google search on Sarah Goldberg and I gotta say she looks even better as a brunette. :p

https://www.12thblog.com/wp-content/...oldberg-24.jpg

Coochie liquor 04-25-2022 06:58 PM

Quote:

Have you watched Top Boy on Netflix yet?

BigBeauford 04-26-2022 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16260403)
http://https://www.12thblog.com/wp-c...oldberg-24.jpgStarted Barry again last night. I kind of remember where I left off, the scenes with Stephen Root are coming back to me now.

Btw I did a google search on Sarah Goldberg and I gotta say she looks even better as a brunette. :p

https://www.12thblog.com/wp-content/...oldberg-24.jpg

I ****ing love this show. Gut-bustingly funny, turns on a dime between over-the top violence and satire. It's nearly perfect. New season coming in hot with a 93 Metacritic score.

BigBeauford 04-26-2022 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16260228)
ROFL

Also

Spoiler!

I lost my shit there.

TwistedChief 04-26-2022 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 16261661)
Have you watched Top Boy on Netflix yet?

I'm 4 episodes in. Not sure how I feel about it yet but it hasn't grabbed me.

A friend told me it gets better in the later seasons after Drake got involved. Your thoughts?

KCUnited 04-26-2022 01:02 PM

I finished Top Boy and while it does heat up towards the end, I still thought it was fairly meh overall.

TwistedChief 04-26-2022 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16262443)
I ****ing love this show. Gut-bustingly funny, turns on a dime between over-the top violence and satire. It's nearly perfect. New season coming in hot with a 93 Metacritic score.

Agreed. Such a unique show and voice. The Hank character is just legendary.

BigBeauford 04-26-2022 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16262892)
Agreed. Such a unique show and voice. The Hank character is just legendary.

https://c.tenor.com/NyD8stUXewkAAAAd/noho-hank.gif

Pepe Silvia 04-26-2022 02:20 PM

Barry shot me like precisely in the same arm, wow same spot. He’s so good.

Coochie liquor 04-26-2022 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16262883)
I'm 4 episodes in. Not sure how I feel about it yet but it hasn't grabbed me.

A friend told me it gets better in the later seasons after Drake got involved. Your thoughts?

My wife felt the same. She was saying it was slow about 4-6 episodes in. Just keep with it bro. By the time you hit season 2 (on Netflix) last episode you’re gonna be in complete shock, and pissed the **** off like we were. Stick with it, it get better. Especially Netflix, season 2. We finished it last night and I’m still in shock!

TwistedChief 04-26-2022 09:08 PM

Uhhh... We Own This City on HBO. The Wire extension. Is this Q? Debuted last night. Fun casting.

Marlo Stanfield is back...as a detective.

We have a new police commissioner and it's not Daniels.

Past corner kids are now cops.

Jon Bernthal is amazing as always. The opening speech is terrific.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ig9BcW7gXvE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fish 04-26-2022 09:18 PM

Thanks. On my list. Bernthal is awesome.. The Wire was awesome..

Simply Red 04-26-2022 09:19 PM

they really need to stop ****ing w/ classic shows, like the Wire and Dexter. I mean I sort of get the motivation behind the Dexter reboot, but...

Baby Lee 04-26-2022 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 16263823)
they really need to stop ****ing w/ classic shows, like the Wire and Dexter. I mean I sort of get the motivation behind the Dexter reboot, but...

This isn't a Wire reboot, it's telling related stories about the same justice system from the same author.

Like saying The Pacific was a Band of Brother reboot.

TwistedChief 04-26-2022 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 16263823)

It's a limited series that's tangentially related, my friend.

You seem nice.

POND_OF_RED 04-26-2022 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16263805)
Uhhh... We Own This City on HBO. The Wire extension. Is this Q? Debuted last night. Fun casting.

Marlo Stanfield is back...as a detective.

We have a new police commissioner and it's not Daniels.

Past corner kids are now cops.

Jon Bernthal is amazing as always. The opening speech is terrific.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ig9BcW7gXvE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My moms cousin is actually one of the detectives in this show. My mom told me about it forever ago, but I didn’t realize until I saw the trailer that it was by David Simon. I kind of wish she never told me he was in it now, because this is something I would have watched on my own eventually and been completely shocked to see him in it.

Coochie liquor 04-27-2022 02:22 PM

Just started The Fall on Amazon Prime last night. Only made it one episode in, but started out promising. Gillian Anderson is the lead detective.

Red Dawg 04-30-2022 05:50 PM

Ozark is an all time great show in my book. Breaking bad good.

Coochie liquor 04-30-2022 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 16276253)
Ozark is an all time great show in my book. Breaking bad good.

I’m gonna watch the end of the series as soon as I finish The Fall, which is pretty amazing so far.

Baby Lee 04-30-2022 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16263011)
Barry shot me like precisely in the same arm, wow same spot. He’s so good.

I've been dying of curiosity, let me know when you've gotten to;

episode title
Spoiler!

Pepe Silvia 04-30-2022 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16276423)

episode title
Spoiler!

I’m a few episodes into season 2.

Just checked and I’m one episode away from that.

Simply Red 04-30-2022 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16263837)
It's a limited series that's tangentially related, my friend.

You seem nice.

that Tokyo one looks good - I need to queue that one up - hope you're well my bud. ;)

BigBeauford 05-01-2022 02:34 PM

Quote:

episode title
Spoiler!

Perhaps the most bonkers 30 mins of television you'll see. I want an essay on it please so I can taste the sensation of watching that episode...just one more time.

Baby Lee 05-01-2022 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16277446)
Perhaps the most bonkers 30 mins of television you'll see. I want an essay on it please so I can taste the sensation of watching that episode...just one more time.

Not equipped for an essay, watched it once and don't want to 'overwatch' it so preserve future enjoyment instead of potentially burning out on the experience.

But here, maybe this will sate your yearning a little. [for those who haven't watched yet, obviously spoilers and such]

<iframe width="820" height="461" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0LSnaqHAHcU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 05-01-2022 08:46 PM

RE: Barry - Limonada

Oh, Dear, . . . LORD!!

Did not expect the overwhelming rush of joy at

Spoiler!

Never has something been simultaneously both so misplaced and inappropriate, and yet incisive and overdue.

Here's an observant video essay on what I'm talking about

Spoiler!

Pepe Silvia 05-01-2022 08:59 PM

Quote:

episode title
Spoiler!

It’s super glue……..fillin’ in the hole.

ROFL

Baby Lee 05-01-2022 09:05 PM

That was a home run episode of Barry, just hitting on all cylinders.

Even the small asides;

He ordered MILK with dinner. . .
You have TOO MANY dogs. . .

Red Dawg 05-02-2022 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 16276717)
that Tokyo one looks good - I need to queue that one up - hope you're well my bud. ;)

It is good.

TwistedChief 05-02-2022 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16277806)
That was a home run episode of Barry, just hitting on all cylinders.

Even the small asides;

He ordered MILK with dinner. . .
You have TOO MANY dogs. . .

I laughed out loud at both of those lines. Too good.

Pepe Silvia 05-03-2022 10:35 AM

Barry: Your windpipe is f***** dude. ROFL

BigBeauford 05-03-2022 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 16280376)
Barry: Your windpipe is f***** dude. ROFL

Spoiler!

Also:

I dont want to sound like a creep but do you want to get in the car with me and my friend?

MagicHef 05-03-2022 11:05 AM

Barry is excellent. I will probably wait until all of season 3 is out before resuming.

kc rush 05-06-2022 11:57 PM

Bosch is back on. Just watched the first 4 episodes of it on freevee. Really enjoying it.

Mosbonian 05-08-2022 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 16285407)
Bosch is back on. Just watched the first 4 episodes of it on freevee. Really enjoying it.

Watching Bosch Legacy on Freevee too....We are up to episode 4....Titus Welliver plays Bosch so well.

Will be interesting to see how they develop Maddie being a rookie on the force.

And honestly I think I watch Bosch just to listen to some of the music.

Baby Lee 05-08-2022 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 16286840)
Watching Bosch Legacy on Freevee too....We are up to episode 4....Titus Welliver plays Bosch so well.

Will be interesting to see how they develop Maddie being a rookie on the force.

And honestly I think I watch Bosch just to listen to some of the music.

Evidently she has already graduated from the prestigious Robert Patrick University of Cinematic Robot Sprinting.

TwistedChief 05-08-2022 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 16285407)

I'd never heard of this show until a few days ago when my father recommended it as the best crime dama on TV. He's comically prone to overexaggeration but this gets great reviews. How good is it?