ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Bump 06-13-2012 12:53 AM

last straw for me. Me and 2 friends spent over an hour clearing inferno pony level and getting 5 stacks. I shit you not, the split second we clear the pony level and are ready to collect, it lags us all out.

You go to hell blizzard, you go to hell and die.

Bump 06-13-2012 12:54 AM

is torchlight 2 out yet? lol

Imon Yourside 06-13-2012 01:36 AM

This Just In...

06/12/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Bashiok
After looking into some reports you guys provided it seems the limit may have not been working exactly as intended. Working properly you really shouldn't see it, even in fairly normal 'farming' conditions, or reasonable amounts of character swapping. We're shutting it off until we can take a better look at it tomorrow.

Imon Yourside 06-13-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8676350)
is torchlight 2 out yet? lol

I think the torchlight crew knew what was going to happen and delayed it just long enough to pull in all those that rage quit d3. It really is a beautiful scheme if you stand back and look at it.

suds79 06-13-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8676368)
I think the torchlight crew knew what was going to happen and delayed it just long enough to pull in all those that rage quit d3. It really is a beautiful scheme if you stand back and look at it.

Yeah I guess so. All this time I was telling a buddy that Runic better hurry up and get Torchlight 2 out before D3 otherwise they'd be screwed. Guess not.

I absolutely cannot wait for some Torchlight 2. Probably looking forward to that just as much as I was D3.

jd1020 06-13-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8676366)
This Just In...

06/12/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Bashiok
After looking into some reports you guys provided it seems the limit may have not been working exactly as intended. Working properly you really shouldn't see it, even in fairly normal 'farming' conditions, or reasonable amounts of character swapping. We're shutting it off until we can take a better look at it tomorrow.

Beta testing.

chasedude 06-13-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8676657)
Beta testing.

ROFL

Blizzard never learns.

Saulbadguy 06-13-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8677700)
ROFL

Blizzard never learns.

Over 6 million units sold.

Valiant 06-13-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8678098)

This is true, but they are giving refunds and getting sued from what I have read.. Normally they were almost perfect..

And the stealth game limit that coincided with the rmah is quite telling..

If it comes back and stays I will probably never buy another blizzard product.. And I am their demographic, males with a shit ton of money to spend on games..

jd1020 06-13-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8678098)

People bought the name, not the game.

Mr. Laz 06-13-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8676348)
last straw for me. Me and 2 friends spent over an hour clearing inferno pony level and getting 5 stacks. I shit you not, the split second we clear the pony level and are ready to collect, it lags us all out.

You go to hell blizzard, you go to hell and die.

explain this 5 stacks stuff please

Saulbadguy 06-13-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8678222)
explain this 5 stacks stuff please

lol

jd1020 06-13-2012 09:13 PM

http://www.cumauriceriver.org/reache...okestacks2.jpg

http://www.decoty.com/storage/Catalo...akes.DW6I1.jpg

hometeam 06-13-2012 09:26 PM

3 60s now, none even into a2 inferno.

54 WD and level 12 monk too.. maybe i can have all 5 classes 60 when 1.03 hits so I can pick the most OP class and go~

Also, I made dollars on teh RMAH already, pos level 8 ring went for 10 bucks!

Shogun 06-13-2012 10:09 PM

hometeam posting really pissed off next

Gravedigger 06-13-2012 10:52 PM

Was interested to see what certain people would post the top damage 2H last night on my Wizard so I took a look and people are trying to sell these weapons for 250-300 dollars. I feel sorry for the person who spends that type of money and thinks of it as a good investment. It's rediculous to spend that type of money on a video game AND when the expansion comes out and you don't have the most overpowered weapon anymore then you're out all that money. Blizzard has given into the farmers, not strayed away from them, just so they can make an extra 15%. The public keeps buying into these schemes of Blizzard with Faction Changes, Race Changes, and now this, just utter wastes of money. I kinda hope Diablo 3 tanks. I know it won't but something needs to kick Blizzard in the ass. IMO they've become the next Madden or Call of Duty. I've been done with WoW for awhile now, Diablo is pretty much boring, and Starcraft 2 isn't going to be any better. Only things I have to look forward to are Darksiders 2 and.... yeah.... *crickets*

Imon Yourside 06-13-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 8678531)
Was interested to see what certain people would post the top damage 2H last night on my Wizard so I took a look and people are trying to sell these weapons for 250-300 dollars. I feel sorry for the person who spends that type of money and thinks of it as a good investment. It's rediculous to spend that type of money on a video game AND when the expansion comes out and you don't have the most overpowered weapon anymore then you're out all that money. Blizzard has given into the farmers, not strayed away from them, just so they can make an extra 15%. The public keeps buying into these schemes of Blizzard with Faction Changes, Race Changes, and now this, just utter wastes of money. I kinda hope Diablo 3 tanks. I know it won't but something needs to kick Blizzard in the ass. IMO they've become the next Madden or Call of Duty. I've been done with WoW for awhile now, Diablo is pretty much boring, and Starcraft 2 isn't going to be any better. Only things I have to look forward to are Darksiders 2 and.... yeah.... *crickets*

Wow bored me to tears.

Imon Yourside 06-14-2012 12:01 AM

weeeeeeee server maintenance again until 3am.

Gravedigger 06-14-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8678562)
Wow bored me to tears.

The response was equally breathtaking.

Imon Yourside 06-14-2012 01:06 AM

I hope the D3 Private server emulator comes soon.

suds79 06-14-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 8678531)
I feel sorry for the person who spends that type of money and thinks of it as a good investment. It's ridiculous to spend that type of money on a video game AND when the expansion comes out and you don't have the most overpowered weapon anymore then you're out all that money.

I don't feel sorry for them. While I think someone is stupid for spending $250 on an item, I think it's awesome that someone on the other end can make $250.

You can pick who you want to be.... Or if you don't like the idea of the RMAH at all? You don't have to participate.

Saulbadguy 06-14-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8678648)
I hope the D3 Private server emulator comes soon.

Reported.

Imon Yourside 06-14-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8678955)
Reported.

Good i hope they get busy on it, time to stop playin' around. Not sure if serious though, bliz lost the court case vs wow server emulators..lolz

Mr. Laz 06-14-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8678562)
Wow bored me to tears.

i played WoW when they made it free to play until level 20 or something.

I lasted until lvl 10 before i was bored to death

Valiant 06-16-2012 03:11 PM

Is my shit bugged? It has been over 3 days since the rmah went active and I can still not open it up to sell stuff..

Mr. Laz 06-16-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8683300)
Is my shit bugged? It has been over 3 days since the rmah went active and I can still not open it up to sell stuff..

my AH looks the same as it always has ... just half empty with prices 10x as high

My wizard is running around with gear so ghetto that it feels like i'm in inferno instead of Hell. 1-shot hell.

I have to keep an extra life regen item in my bag to switch to while i stand there and heal because i don't have any gear with a shit. Even then i port back just to use the healer because it takes forever.

hometeam 06-16-2012 05:12 PM

you have to have an authenticator to use RMAH, maybe thats the problem. Also someone give me a3 inferno siegebreaker WP please :/

Mr. Laz 06-16-2012 07:49 PM

So Activision is trying to create a new gaming model.

pay2play
pay2win

Bump 06-16-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8683646)
So Activision is trying to create a new gaming model.

pay2play
pay2win

the double whammy super profits gaming model

I would only buy something if I saw the most badass item for $20 or less

Bump 06-16-2012 09:36 PM

Oh Snap, my level 18 hardcore monk was slain today. I joined my level 23 friend and tried to skip ahead a bit and was rolling along find and bam! a bunch of things rose up from the ground and there was a pause and bam! dead instantly.

I notice a LOT more lag spikes in hardcore. Why on earth did hardcore get the shaft on the servers? Is it just me? maybe Im ****ing high but damn, I swear it lags more.

Valiant 06-17-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8683505)
you have to have an authenticator to use RMAH, maybe thats the problem. Also someone give me a3 inferno siegebreaker WP please :/

I have the authenticator, but it is set to a week I think by default.. I will change that up and see it it allows me..

Right now it wont let me switch over.. Says I have to wait 3 days from launch.. Which I swore it is past that..

Saulbadguy 06-17-2012 11:30 AM

L2P, noobs

Sofa King 06-17-2012 02:30 PM

So are you guys selling shit in diablo? I"m considering seeing what i can get out of my gear on the real money auction house.

Mr. Laz 06-17-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8684502)
So are you guys selling shit in diablo? I"m considering seeing what i can get out of my gear on the real money auction house.

thinking about trying to get my sixty bucks back

Imon Yourside 06-17-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8684163)
L2P, noobs

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/75dn-2864PA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

suds79 06-18-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8683718)
Oh Snap, my level 18 hardcore monk was slain today. I joined my level 23 friend and tried to skip ahead a bit and was rolling along find and bam! a bunch of things rose up from the ground and there was a pause and bam! dead instantly.

I notice a LOT more lag spikes in hardcore. Why on earth did hardcore get the shaft on the servers? Is it just me? maybe Im ****ing high but damn, I swear it lags more.

I'd be lying if I said I've never experienced that with my HC chars. Unfortunately I have (but never on lag. that's horrible). Had college buddies in town last weekend. Had my lvl 20 barb. Wanted to show them the Belial fight. That didn't go so well. (is it just me or is that the hardest of all the boss fights?)

After that started a new barb, focused on stacking vitality and man it has made all the difference in the world. So much easier now. Just beat Diablo with him last night.

Onto Nightmare with my WD (lvl 34) & Barb (lvl 30). Now.

Sofa King 06-18-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8685856)
I'd be lying if I said I've never experienced that with my HC chars. Unfortunately I have (but never on lag. that's horrible). Had college buddies in town last weekend. Had my lvl 20 barb. Wanted to him them the Belial fight. That didn't go so well. (is it just me or is that the hardest of all the boss fights?)

After that started a new barb, focused on stacking vitality and man it has made all the difference in the world. So much easier now. Just beat Diablo with him last night.

Onto Nightmare with my WD (lvl 34) & Barb (lvl 30). Now.

http://www.moneyandshit.com/wp-conte...011/04/wat.jpg

Sofa King 06-18-2012 09:07 AM

Well, i see they're nerfing IAS in the next patch, which pretty much negates my current build.

I'll definitely be listing all my gear on the rmah over noon hour. Anyone sold anything on the rmah? How do i get the money off of it?

I've never actually sold anything in a rmah in a game yet.

suds79 06-18-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8685949)
Well, i see they're nerfing IAS in the next patch, which pretty much negates my current build.

I'll definitely be listing all my gear on the rmah over noon hour. Anyone sold anything on the rmah? How do i get the money off of it?

I haven't done it. Might be interested someday when it when RMAH rolls out to HC. I believe its not there yet.

Anyways, I know you have to add a paypal account to your battle.net account's payment options.

From there.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dHP0gHOPblU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Valiant 06-18-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8685949)

From my understanding, unless you geta paypal creditcard you cannot. If/when you get one they will hit you with a good size fee.

Basically, that money sits in an account, 250max to which you can buy other rmah items, gametime for wow or blizzard items. For money back they forced paypal upon you, hit you with a fee, and after a certain amount hit you with a w2. This is just what I have read though.

You want to make some real money? Find a programmer and create a website to do this 3rd party. Will need to be a broker type situation and will have to start and work off integrity of not tipping off clients.

Sofa King 06-18-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8686175)
From my understanding, unless you geta paypal creditcard you cannot. If/when you get one they will hit you with a good size fee.

Basically, that money sits in an account, 250max to which you can buy other rmah items, gametime for wow or blizzard items. For money back they forced paypal upon you, hit you with a fee, and after a certain amount hit you with a w2. This is just what I have read though.

You want to make some real money? Find a programmer and create a website to do this 3rd party. Will need to be a broker type situation and will have to start and work off integrity of not tipping off clients.

I'm not going to be making enough off my gear to warrant a w2. I'm just considering selling my gear for what i can and moving on.

Imon Yourside 06-18-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8686315)
I'm not going to be making enough off my gear to warrant a w2. I'm just considering selling my gear for what i can and moving on.

You quitting this awesomesauce game?

Mr. Laz 06-18-2012 03:24 PM

it comes down to the reality that Diablo 3 just isn't fun

plenty of challenge but working on those challenges just isn't fun

when the fights get tough it's a lesson in frustration more than anything

even the way the cooldown time when you die increases for no good reason other than to piss you off. It's bullshit.

all the walls,immobilize,motar attacks

either your gear is good enough or you're shredded and the game just isn't fun enough to grind for better gear.

:shrug:

what a waste :(

only reason i'm still playing at all is because i'm stubborn

Gravedigger 06-18-2012 08:12 PM

Yeah I sold up to $50.00 on the RMAH just to realize that I set it up under my battle.net balance instead of Paypal, and you cannot get the money off of your battle.net balance unless you sell out of it. I plan on getting my $50.00 off of it, minus the %15, and then seeing how the game improves after the patch. I can tell you people won't be seeing these kinds of prices when anyone can get that gear. I think it'll make the game better but for people wanting to sell for alot I think the prices will stabilize once the market is flooded with four of the same type of weapon or ring. People will undercut, populace will expect lower prices, if it doesn't then great I can actually make money off this game.

The other thing that really has ticked me off is that I've upgraded gear ALOT and I still cant kill elite and rare packs by myself in Act 3. Maybe 1 every 4th pack, but theres always some bullshit that makes it to where now I just teleport past the mobs and just skip as much as I can and get to the boss. Ghom was an easy kite fest once I got to him, and I plan on skipping as much as I need to to get to Act 4 as well because honestly whats the point? All the gear I have came from the AH, the drops that are dropping are jokes compared to what I have, and I'm still struggling. When the game is nerfed it'll be more fun but right now waiting until that day is just annoying and makes the game less and less playable.

Imon Yourside 06-18-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 8687282)
Yeah I sold up to $50.00 on the RMAH just to realize that I set it up under my battle.net balance instead of Paypal, and you cannot get the money off of your battle.net balance unless you sell out of it. I plan on getting my $50.00 off of it, minus the %15, and then seeing how the game improves after the patch. I can tell you people won't be seeing these kinds of prices when anyone can get that gear. I think it'll make the game better but for people wanting to sell for alot I think the prices will stabilize once the market is flooded with four of the same type of weapon or ring. People will undercut, populace will expect lower prices, if it doesn't then great I can actually make money off this game.

The other thing that really has ticked me off is that I've upgraded gear ALOT and I still cant kill elite and rare packs by myself in Act 3. Maybe 1 every 4th pack, but theres always some bullshit that makes it to where now I just teleport past the mobs and just skip as much as I can and get to the boss. Ghom was an easy kite fest once I got to him, and I plan on skipping as much as I need to to get to Act 4 as well because honestly whats the point? All the gear I have came from the AH, the drops that are dropping are jokes compared to what I have, and I'm still struggling. When the game is nerfed it'll be more fun but right now waiting until that day is just annoying and makes the game less and less playable.

I could give a crap about whether people are making money, I want a game that is fun to play.

Imon Yourside 06-19-2012 07:31 AM

The joyous wonders of 10 hour maintenance, Blizzard you really send me!

Saulbadguy 06-19-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8686565)
it comes down to the reality that Diablo 3 just isn't fun

plenty of challenge but working on those challenges just isn't fun

when the fights get tough it's a lesson in frustration more than anything

even the way the cooldown time when you die increases for no good reason other than to piss you off. It's bullshit.

all the walls,immobilize,motar attacks

either your gear is good enough or you're shredded and the game just isn't fun enough to grind for better gear.

:shrug:

what a waste :(

only reason i'm still playing at all is because i'm stubborn

Good, stop posting in this thread then.

hometeam 06-19-2012 08:26 AM

Im off on tuesdays, maintainence till 1 :/ Guess im going to go to work for a while. Christ.

Imon Yourside 06-19-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8687896)
Im off on tuesdays, maintainence till 1 :/ Guess im going to go to work for a while. Christ.

That's 3 o clock to us.

Sofa King 06-19-2012 09:58 AM

God damnit. I got busy yesterday and forgot to put my shit up for sale. Now the goddamn patch came out and all my gear that was focused around IAS is probably worthless.

son of a bitch.

Mr. Laz 06-19-2012 10:01 AM

[QUOTE=suds79;8687846]So I don't know if you guys heard. I think it's interesting plus I had a bet with a buddy who didn't think it'd happen this year.

Kripparian became the first to clear inferno on Hardcore
. Before the nerf. Congrats to him.

I'm sure he'll post his Diablo fight soon.

Here's his latest. Taking down Azmodan on Inferno HC.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/e/QUOTE]interesting

also goes to show you that it's all about the gear

He did NOTHING special in his fight. No cool tactics or fighting style. He just avoid the comet shot and hacked and slashed.

Bump 06-19-2012 10:10 AM

can't play for 3 more hours, guess that means I better get some work done.

But I'm gonna be doing butcher runs all ****ing night just to see. I invested a little bit in IAS, but I didn't spend a fortune on it, hence my monk sucked. Now I need to be going after crit gear I think and possibly life regen. I'm thinking that's the wave of the future, for monks at least.

suds79 06-19-2012 11:04 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YaDA7GxAtXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Laz 06-19-2012 11:06 AM

looks like i gave this thread aids

i'm sorry :sulk:

Sofa King 06-19-2012 12:01 PM

Well i really ****ed up not selling all of my gear before this ****ing patch went live.

My damage went from 55k to 35k, and my weapon went from 960 damage to 880 damage.

Now all my ias is ****ing worthless.

I may never buy another blizzard game in my lifetime.

suds79 06-19-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8688395)
Well i really ****ed up not selling all of my gear before this ****ing patch went live.

My damage went from 55k to 35k, and my weapon went from 960 damage to 880 damage.

Now all my ias is ****ing worthless.

I may never buy another blizzard game in my lifetime.

How has your stuff gone down? I thought the patch nerfs things. Namely inferno.

Sounds like it just got a lot harder for you. ???

The Franchise 06-19-2012 12:06 PM

I totally should have bought my laptop and THEN purchased Diablo 3. I may only play through it one time before it finds the shelf.

Sofa King 06-19-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8688404)
How has your stuff gone down? I thought the patch nerfs things. Namely inferno.

Sounds like it just got a lot harder for you. ???

I went from 15-20% ias on most of my gear to 6-7%.

That drops my damage on my weapon big time, as well as eliminates the best part about my rings.

The only damn thing these patches has done so far is eliminate the shit that actually works in this ****ing game. The game started off like shit and they've only made things worse.

hometeam 06-19-2012 12:42 PM

I was barely using any IAS and I droped from 36k to 27k, and now cannot kill elites in a2 inferno again.

My cheap rings and ammy will have to be replaced for millions on AH and i still will be down DPS.

real ****ing discouraging.

drunkie 06-19-2012 12:47 PM

to be fair the nerfed the hell out act2 an above. the nerf to the demon hunter nether arrow hurts alot. they just have no clue. they added more of the cheese. they need to rework the ai so the fights are hard. not just adding random cheesy shit to force damage on people. there is nothing hard about fighting elites with cheesy skills. it will piss you off but there is no thought or skill needed. it a lil luck and a willingness to just keep pushing forward. the repair cost change is a total joke

Sofa King 06-19-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8688535)
to be fair the nerfed the hell out act2 an above. the nerf to the demon hunter nether arrow hurts alot. they just have no clue. they added more of the cheese. they need to rework the ai so the fights are hard. not just adding random cheesy shit to force damage on people. there is nothing hard about fighting elites with cheesy skills. it will piss you off but there is no thought or skill needed. it a lil luck and a willingness to just keep pushing forward. the repair cost change is a total joke

What other games are out there that i should be looking into? I bought my home computer because i imagined myself playing diablo 3 on it for the next 5 years or so. Guess i ****ed up.

Any good multiplayer games out there i should be looking at? PC is best, but ps3 wouldn't be bad either. Anything coming out? I will be preordering Borderlands 2, I'll probably get torchlight when it comes out, and currently looking into Dark souls.

Not sure if those are the "best" games, but I'd definitely be game for a bigger game.

Mr. Laz 06-19-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8688574)
What other games are out there that i should be looking into? I bought my home computer because i imagined myself playing diablo 3 on it for the next 5 years or so. Guess i ****ed up.

Any good multiplayer games out there i should be looking at? PC is best, but ps3 wouldn't be bad either. Anything coming out? I will be preordering Borderlands 2, I'll probably get torchlight when it comes out, and currently looking into Dark souls.

Not sure if those are the "best" games, but I'd definitely be game for a bigger game.

you can play POE for 10 bucks

it's a Diablo II-ish clone

http://www.pathofexile.com/

Sofa King 06-19-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8688589)
you can play POE for 10 bucks

it's a Diablo II-ish clone

http://www.pathofexile.com/

Oh yes. good call. I've heard about that game on the D3 forums. In fact that's why i looked up Dark Souls in the first place. All the pissed off D3 fans recommended POE and Dark Souls.

EDIT: So this game is still in it's BETA? And it says it's free to play. Where the $10 fit in?

drunkie 06-19-2012 01:53 PM

i really don't know of anything coming out. so disrespect to anyone here who might be this, but games keep getting worse trying to make games for the mass casual crowd. they really stopped making good, hard, and fun games it seems. so anything coming out will prolly fall in to the same lameness as diablo3. look at the last good game skyrim, and while this game was fun it was so easy even herm would master it. it becomes a face roll after just a few levels. i really starting to think we will not see anymore great games

suds79 06-19-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8688574)

Assume you know about this but Torchlight 2 is an obvious one.

http://www.torchlight2game.com/

And if you never played Torchlight 1, think it's only 14.95.

Torchlight 1 was one of the best games I've played in some time. Can't wait for #2.

Sofa King 06-19-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8688709)
i really don't know of anything coming out. so disrespect to anyone here who might be this, but games keep getting worse trying to make games for the mass casual crowd. they really stopped making good, hard, and fun games it seems. so anything coming out will prolly fall in to the same lameness as diablo3. look at the last good game skyrim, and while this game was fun it was so easy even herm would master it. it becomes a face roll after just a few levels. i really starting to think we will not see anymore great games

I have to agree with you very very much on this part. I feel as though i kinda missed the boat when i went to college and didn't do much gaming there. Now i have time and the games are dogshit. Modern Warfare 2 was fun, black ops was less fun and more of a money grab with all the DLC, and MW3 was complete shit. Activision and Blizzard have fallen way off to the point where I won't be buying their games anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8688719)
Assume you know about this but Torchlight 2 is an obvious one.

http://www.torchlight2game.com/

And if you never played Torchlight 1, think it's only 14.95.

Torchlight 1 was one of the best games I've played in some time. Can't wait for #2.

Yup. I'll probably be purchasing Torchlight 2. I already own 1 and while it's fun, it will be much more fun as a multiplayer with TL2.

Mr. Laz 06-19-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8688703)
Oh yes. good call. I've heard about that game on the D3 forums. In fact that's why i looked up Dark Souls in the first place. All the pissed off D3 fans recommended POE and Dark Souls.

EDIT: So this game is still in it's BETA? And it says it's free to play. Where the $10 fit in?

it's in Beta so you have to either play on the open stress test weekends or hope for a random Beta key that they giveaway each hour.

OR

You can help support the game by buying a beta key for 10 bucks

it's a fun game for a cheap 10 bucks ... you can solo play or coop group play.

I believe they also have PVP tournaments now

I haven't played it since before DIII came out so i'm not sure of all the changes they have made.

a game to consider anyway

Sofa King 06-19-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8688790)
it's in Beta so you have to either play on the open stress test weekends or hope for a random Beta key that they giveaway each hour.

OR

You can help support the game by buying a beta key for 10 bucks

it's a fun game for a cheap 10 bucks ... you can solo play or coop group play.

I believe they also have PVP tournaments now

I haven't played it since before DIII came out so i'm not sure of all the changes they have made.

a game to consider anyway

Any idea on a release date?

Mr. Laz 06-19-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8688815)
Any idea on a release date?

not really

I don't think it's supposed to be too long

i've seen something that said mid 2012 which is pretty much now. :shrug:

The Franchise 06-19-2012 07:05 PM

Laz,

Can you update my battlenet id on the OP? It's now Pestilence1414.

Mr. Laz 06-19-2012 08:57 PM

wow ... just played a little Amalur

so THAT's what fun battle feels like?!?!

it's been awhile

Gravedigger 06-19-2012 10:48 PM

I got to play for about an hour and a half today on my Wizard. I was getting 1-3 hit deaths and didn't know what to do with my gear/skillsets to adapt to survive. The patch hits and I'm thinking that it'll be easier to get through act 3, well yes and no. Sure I still get three shot by certain attacks, my IAS wasn't too high so my damage went from 35k to 28k, and I still don't know what skillsets to take into this nerfed game.

I tried my kite build, feels weaker somehow and things don't necessarily die any faster. Not to mention all my attacks are as slow as when I used to have a 2H, so kind of a bummer. I got 2 rare packs at the same time and was able to keep up with them but things haven't necessarily changed, at least that I can tell. I got a rare or two more than I usually got, and I can compete against rares and elites but I still feel like I have no idea how to play the game. Maybe thats the way Blizz wanted it, but I do miss games like Dark Souls, Darksiders, and Uncharted. Dark Souls was tough, but I knew what I had to do, I wasn't clueless, and when I finally beat it, I felt like the world's biggest badass. When/If I beat Diablo on Inferno, I think I'll just be happy to put the game away.

Imon Yourside 06-20-2012 01:09 AM

My barbarian actually became more badass, he can now solo act 2 fairly easily.

chasedude 06-20-2012 02:06 AM

So how many of you are looking forward to Guild Wars 2? eh? anyone? :D I'm there!

I see your frustrations and I give empathy. I didn't pay attention, but did Blizzard do an open beta for D3?

Sofa King 06-20-2012 08:36 AM

Sweet. Sold my shoulders last night for $35.

Already paid for half my game and that was the only thing I've listed so far.

jd1020 06-20-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8690526)

Banned.

Sofa King 06-20-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8690528)
Banned.

Nuh uh

jd1020 06-20-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8690536)
Nuh uh

Wait for it...

Mr. Laz 06-20-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8690526)

wow ... congrats

i'm afraid all of my gear is just a step too low to be worth anything anymore.

The Franchise 06-20-2012 09:37 AM

Are the drops the same quality no matter the game type? What I mean....is do you find better shit in multiplayer vs. single player?