ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Star Wars: The Old Republic (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204523)

kcxiv 12-23-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8230673)
Did Saulbadguy not join your guild? I thought he was going to?

I almost invited a really good trooper to our guild, but he was already spoken for, I guess, so we remain comprised of CP members exclusively.

We got a bit in the guild, but Kaplin said its just him and I from CP. I just joined like 2 days ago. He would know more then i do.

Valiant 12-23-2011 05:05 PM

Brync on the Republic side is my gunslinger..

Pants 12-23-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8230745)
Brync on the Republic side is my gunslinger..

Sweet. Did you want to join the 53?

Huffmeister 12-23-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8230673)
I almost invited a really good trooper to our guild, but he was already spoken for, I guess, so we remain comprised of CP members exclusively.

Yeah, feel free to invite anyone who seems decent.

KcMizzou 12-23-2011 05:45 PM

BTW LMAO at "Wookiee Crisps".

kaplin42 12-23-2011 06:38 PM

a guildy of mine wants to try the light side, and was wondering if it's ok to join R53? Note he is not a KC fan, just a guildy. If so, who should I tell him to contact.

Pants 12-23-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 8230857)
a guildy of mine wants to try the light side, and was wondering if it's ok to join R53? Note he is not a KC fan, just a guildy. If so, who should I tell him to contact.

Huffmeister
Kthar
Shaakti
Tyterion

(sorry, but the last one escapes my memory)

I'm off to the gym, then dinner and then I should be on for as long as I can stay awake. I'm really tired of only having like an hour or two to play, so I'm looking forward to putting a decent session in. :D

Silock 12-23-2011 07:12 PM

Was traveling today and replaced my ram at the in laws house. Think it's defective. I might have broken my computer. Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuu

Huffmeister 12-23-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8230909)
Was traveling today and replaced my ram at the in laws house. Think it's defective. I might have broken my computer. Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuu

Damn, hope it's nothing too serious. :(

Huffmeister 12-23-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 8230857)

Sure, we'd love to have him. Now that I've gotten my ship, I've been thinking about starting my first Sith alt (BH). So I may be hitting you up for an invite.

BTW, the opening movie for Sith is way cool. Anyone who hasn't seen it should just start the character creation process just to watch it.

kaplin42 12-23-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8231094)
Sure, we'd love to have him. Now that I've gotten my ship, I've been thinking about starting my first Sith alt (BH). So I may be hitting you up for an invite.

BTW, the opening movie for Sith is way cool. Anyone who hasn't seen it should just start the character creation process just to watch it.

My toons are Sy'vus and Ty'vus, but everyonoe in the guild can invite so. Look up jammo, sama'el, Udon, Landyr or look up the guild if possible. Just tell them you're a friend of mine and you will get invited.

KCXIV is here with us too. We have cookies, crispy ones.

thecoffeeguy 12-25-2011 10:58 AM

Have to admit, I was hesitant on this game, not sure how it was going to be in the traditional MMO style. So far though, wow...I am unbelievably hooked.

I find myself taking my time, enjoying the story that is progressing on my characters. Really sucks you in.

So far, I have tried every class for a few levels, except the Jedi Knight, Smuggler and Sith Warrior...Highest character I have is level 11 Sith Inquisitor Assassin and a level 10 Imperial Agent.

Curios to those who are playing, finally got a chance to experience a "Heroic" Quest with another person last night and partake in the joint conversation...that was very sweet. I liked how that worked. And you get social points as well, right?

What sort of stuff does social points get you?
All I can say is, now I want to hook up with some other people and do those quests in a group, just to see the dynamic change in the content. Pretty sweet...

Any of the guilds here into PvP, or mostly PvE?

Oh ya, the servers labeled RP, I know means role playing, but what exactly does that mean happens on the server?

Pants 12-25-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy (Post 8236007)
Have to admit, I was hesitant on this game, not sure how it was going to be in the traditional MMO style. So far though, wow...I am unbelievably hooked.

I find myself taking my time, enjoying the story that is progressing on my characters. Really sucks you in.

So far, I have tried every class for a few levels, except the Jedi Knight, Smuggler and Sith Warrior...Highest character I have is level 11 Sith Inquisitor Assassin and a level 10 Imperial Agent.

Curios to those who are playing, finally got a chance to experience a "Heroic" Quest with another person last night and partake in the joint conversation...that was very sweet. I liked how that worked. And you get social points as well, right?

All I can say is, now I want to hook up with some other people and do those quests in a group, just to see the dynamic change in the content. Pretty sweet...

Oh ya, the servers labeled RP, I know means role playing, but what exactly does that mean happens on the server?

The two CP guilds here are on Space Slug, which is a PvE server. You're welcome to join!

Barret 12-25-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy (Post 8236007)

Hey, to answer some of your questions.

Currently from what I have seen the Social points or "levels" allows you access to some good "Orange" gear. They may have more stuff later on for Social levels and legacy levels.

You get legacy levels once you have completed the act one of your character. The Legacy thing allows you to create a last name that all your characters can then have on that server.

Since it is PVE guild and server I think alot of people are more into that currently. I can't remember who was on last night but they had been doing some pvp at earlier levels and liked it.

RP servers are more for those people that don't want to see "YO YO YO I pwned your newbie ass hahaha!! It would have to be more like "I let my anger flow and noticed that you underestimated the POWER of the dark side yet again"

keg in kc 12-25-2011 06:03 PM

They're not kidding about putting new content out quickly:
Quote:

Next month we're going to be releasing a new Flashpoint and an expanded Operation. The new Flashpoint involves a plague that could have significant repercussions across the galaxy. It takes place on a brand new world and involves some pretty epic battles. I can’t go into much detail, but be prepared for something different. The expanded Operation takes the existing Karagga’s palace scenario and more than triples it in size. It includes three new boss monsters and some pretty epic set pieces.

Pants 12-25-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8236464)
They're not kidding about putting new content out quickly:

OMFG, seriously? By the time I reach end game, there's going to be TOO MUCH to do!

And yeah, it was me who played some PvP last night. I'm not a huge fan of no level brackets.

Barret 12-27-2011 08:13 AM

What happens to Maverick after a couple of weeks playing SWTOR

http://i.imgur.com/bOx53.gif

Pants 12-27-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barret (Post 8238417)
What happens to Maverick after a couple of weeks playing SWTOR

http://i.imgur.com/bOx53.gif

LMAO LMAO

We got AndChiefs in the fold now. Still waiting for KCMizzou and eventually KC Fish. Guild needs more CP members!

AndChiefs 12-27-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8238509)
LMAO LMAO

We got AndChiefs in the fold now. Still waiting for KCMizzou and eventually KC Fish. Guild needs more CP members!

You weren't kidding about life consuming though...crazy good.

Pants 12-27-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8238530)
You weren't kidding about life consuming though...crazy good.

Yeah, I think I'm a little more mature this time around and don't let it consume me as completely as WoW did even though this is a better game at this point, IMO.

We should try starting an Op for the Taris world boss sometime. I led the 25-man that downed SD-0 or whatever his name is on Coru and it was really fun. Just awesome seeing a bunch of randoms coming together like that.

AndChiefs 12-27-2011 01:53 PM

It takes 25 for those guys? We had a hard time getting four yesterday.

Pants 12-27-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8239225)
It takes 25 for those guys? We had a hard time getting four yesterday.

Yeah, it's easier getting a bunch of guys in one area though. On, RF, you have 100 people who are all at very different stages of the game all looking to do their own specific thing. Everyone on Taris is pretty much doing the same thing. IDK, man, it worked on Coru. It never hurts to try. And it's technically 24 people (3 groups of 8). Also, it might take less than 24, depending on many variables. The Coru droid droppped 2 purps and I don't think anybody tried to ninja them. :D

Gravedigger 12-27-2011 02:00 PM

Installing right now, trying to decide what faction to choose. I already know I want to be a Jedi or Sith just trying to decide on the consular/knight differences. I'd love to go Republic but Wookie Crisps is a pretty awesome name.

AndChiefs 12-27-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 8239235)
Installing right now, trying to decide what faction to choose. I already know I want to be a Jedi or Sith just trying to decide on the consular/knight differences. I'd love to go Republic but Wookie Crisps is a pretty awesome name.

Join the light side with us.

hometeam 12-27-2011 02:31 PM

Im playing sith on krayt dragon server, where my guild was assigned

Pants 12-27-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 8239235)

Yeah, join us! The Right Fifty Three is awesome, albeit tiny. And as far as classes go, it just depends on what you want to do.

Jedi Knight goes either Guardian (Tank/DPS) or Sentinel (DPS) and Jedi Consular goes either Sage (healer/DPS) or Shadow (DPS).

Gravedigger 12-27-2011 03:30 PM

Think I'll go Consular Shadow, I played WoW for longer than I care to admit recently leaving the game in the Firelands before heroics kicked in. I never got to play a rogue/assassin type character so I figure I'll start there. It'll either be a Consular or Jedi Guardian. My first copy of the disks didn't install and failed on numerous times so I just got back with a new copy now. What server is the R53 on?

Pants 12-27-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 8239475)
Think I'll go Consular Shadow, I played WoW for longer than I care to admit recently leaving the game in the Firelands before heroics kicked in. I never got to play a rogue/assassin type character so I figure I'll start there. It'll either be a Consular or Jedi Guardian. My first copy of the disks didn't install and failed on numerous times so I just got back with a new copy now. What server is the R53 on?

Space Slug... same as Wookie Crisps.

Saulbadguy 12-28-2011 11:26 AM

fwiw, i'm a level 16 Imperial Agent on Iron Citadel. Went Sniper b/c most of my guild members chose Operative.

Pants 12-28-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8241070)
fwiw, i'm a level 16 Imperial Agent on Iron Citadel. Went Sniper b/c most of my guild members chose Operative.

WTF? I though you were rolling on Space Slug? Are you playing with a bunch of EMAWtards or something?

Saulbadguy 12-28-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8241089)
WTF? I though you were rolling on Space Slug? Are you playing with a bunch of EMAWtards or something?

Naw - some IRL friends.

Pants 12-28-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8241380)
Naw - some IRL friends.

Ahh. That's cool.

Barret 12-28-2011 08:52 PM

So I am going to try to keep this as spoiler free as possible.

Hit 50 and I completed the Act 3 class ending quest for Jedi Knight. The Battle sucks and I will be leveling another character so as to help anyone out in the guild that has a knight and wants to complete it.

Make sure you get T7 equipped when you are on Corellia. That is the only hint I will give.

But after the fight you will get to talk to someone on another ship. This is what Star Wars is all about and very iconic. Even if I wasn't going to play this any more this was worth the money I paid for this conversation / cut scene for Jedi Knight alone.

I still have wood from it. Just saying, I know there are other Knights in the guild and you will not be disappointed at all.

Buck 12-28-2011 09:05 PM

I might pick this up over the weekend.

MIGHT.

My brother got the game and he's been playing. I'm going to ask to watch him play for like an hour to see if I want it or not.

kcxiv 12-28-2011 11:24 PM

im level 21 now, I went with Sorcery and Madness. Plays like a necro almost. Game is fun.

Pants 12-29-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8242586)
I might pick this up over the weekend.

MIGHT.

My brother got the game and he's been playing. I'm going to ask to watch him play for like an hour to see if I want it or not.

Ask him to play for an hour instead.

keg in kc 12-29-2011 09:39 AM

Just finished chapter 1 on my consular. Pretty awesome. Finished chapter 1 previously on my smuggler and that one was awesome too. So they're 2 for 2.

Pants 01-02-2012 12:29 PM

So... seeing as the Sentinel has a bazzillion different abilities and there isn't enough prime real estate on the keyboard for them all, I'm thinking about getting a Logitech G13 pad. Seeing as TOR has made any other games I used to like completely obsolete, I can even get that thing almost for free by trading in BF3 and Skyrim @ $32 a pop. :D

Opinions?

Buck 01-02-2012 02:07 PM

Oh God.

http://i.imgur.com/rH4wY.png

Pants 01-02-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8255962)

Pretty sure that was a trolololol...

Kraus 01-02-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8255472)
So... seeing as the Sentinel has a bazzillion different abilities and there isn't enough prime real estate on the keyboard for them all, I'm thinking about getting a Logitech G13 pad. Seeing as TOR has made any other games I used to like completely obsolete, I can even get that thing almost for free by trading in BF3 and Skyrim @ $32 a pop. :D

Opinions?

You bastard.

Simplicity 01-02-2012 09:45 PM

THIS is totally off topic but I do not have the power to make a thread :(
If someone could make a thread to discuss a possible ChiefsPlanet youtube channel, I will be thankful. I can set up the channel, make a amazing background and display picture.
The channel can be used to post everything Chiefs by all CPers. Ofcourse me (because I made the channel) and all the other mods will be in charge of the channel. If a CPer wants a video posted. Send the video to a MOD and thus we can get it up.
ALSO, think of this. If we get atleast 3k subs, we could apply for a YT partnership. THUS we get paid for posting videos.
--If this ever happens, we could use the money to donate to the site and some local KC charities.
Haters gonna hate.

Pants 01-03-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 8257443)
You bastard.

OMG, Kraus, come play TOR! BTW, I decided to keep BF3 since it's only woth $25 in Amazon credit now. Skyrim is bye bye at @$35.10 though.

Huffmeister 01-03-2012 09:45 AM

I started a BH this past weekend, and it's been a lot of fun so far. The ranged blasty-blasty is a nice change of pace from my lightsaber twirling Sentinel. Although I did start jonesing to play my Sentinel, so I'll still be spending most of my time on him.

Pants 01-03-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8258569)
I started a BH this past weekend, and it's been a lot of fun so far. The ranged blasty-blasty is a nice change of pace from my lightsaber twirling Sentinel. Although I did start jonesing to play my Sentinel, so I'll still be spending most of my time on him.

I was wondering why you haven't been on lately.

keg in kc 01-03-2012 09:55 AM

Hit 42 on my sage this morning. My gunslinger is lagging behind now, that being the character I originally used to unlock my legacy. I have to get back to her at some point, but I was doing a lot of dying on Balmorra the last time I played her.

About time to get back to my own sentinel and/or Commando, too.

Huffmeister 01-03-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8258584)
I was wondering why you haven't been on lately.

That + a wicked sinus infection +general holiday family/friends obligations = not much time for my Sentinel (I'm sure T7 is getting lonely)

And speaking of companions, should I be using a particular companion for different sets of quests? Obviously, I had to use Kira for some class-specifics quests on Coruscant in order to advance the story. But once I got my ship and was able to change, I went back to T7 for his tanking abilities. I just finished up Taris (minus the bonus quests) and noticed that there were a lot of optional quest rewards that were Kira-only gear. Should I have been using her on Taris instead of T7? I made it through the quest lines without much difficulty, but I was just curious if BioWare had designed the game to use certain companions for certain planets.

Pants 01-03-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8258642)
That + a wicked sinus infection +general holiday family/friends obligations = not much time for my Sentinel (I'm sure T7 is getting lonely)

And speaking of companions, should I be using a particular companion for different sets of quests? Obviously, I had to use Kira for some class-specifics quests on Coruscant in order to advance the story. But once I got my ship and was able to change, I went back to T7 for his tanking abilities. I just finished up Taris (minus the bonus quests) and noticed that there were a lot of optional quest rewards that were Kira-only gear. Should I have been using her on Taris instead of T7? I made it through the quest lines without much difficulty, but I was just curious if BioWare had designed the game to use certain companions for certain planets.

I don't think any quests were designed for any specific companion. As far as I can tell, when there's a reward offered for Kira, there's one right next to it that is for T7 (they all look weird as they're usually cores/motors/parts since he's a droid). I usually keep T7 around as I'm the highest with him as far as affection goes and I have not had any trouble advancing at any point yet so, like you, I see no reason to change. Kira has crazy DPS so I'm sure killing mobs is way faster with her, but meh... I like T7.

The only trouble I ever had was killing that optional champion dude in the first Watcher One instance (he's in a side room all by himself). He was owning me hard. Took me like 6 tries to kill him.

keg in kc 01-03-2012 10:29 AM

I'm exactly the opposite. I don't like T7 all that much. Kira's out all the time on my sent.

Huffmeister 01-03-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8258657)
The only trouble I ever had was killing that optional champion dude in the first Watcher One instance (he's in a side room all by himself). He was owning me hard. Took me like 6 tries to kill him.

Hehe, I was eyeing him last night and decided against trying to take him down.

Pants 01-03-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8258813)
Hehe, I was eyeing him last night and decided against trying to take him down.

He didn't drop shit (it was some worthless green item) so you didn't miss out much. Dude hits like a ****ing truck, though.

kaplin42 01-03-2012 12:16 PM

I just hit 40 last night on my Tankasin, which for the record, tanking on an Assassin is a lot of fun.

As far as your companions go, I don't think it really matters. If loot is dropped or rewarded after a quest for a companion that im not using, I just switch out real quick and give it to them.

I was using Khem soley for the longest time, but then on Taris, I got this innocent little jedi padawan named Ashara. Yeah, she's now my apprentice and on her way to the dark side.

As a motto, lightning to the face solves pretty much all problems.

Silock 01-03-2012 01:03 PM

So, answer me this:

Why is it I'm just now getting legacy experience on my Sage (lvl 34), but my alt gunslinger is getting legacy exp from level 1?

Pants 01-03-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8259231)
So, answer me this:

Why is it I'm just now getting legacy experience on my Sage (lvl 34), but my alt gunslinger is getting legacy exp from level 1?

From what I understand, you have to unlock Legacy with a character by completing Act I. After that, all your other characters will be a part of that legacy and will contribute to it from the get-go.

Pants 01-03-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8259231)
So, answer me this:

Will you run FPs/Heroics with me when I get into the 30's with Tyterion?

Silock 01-03-2012 01:37 PM

Absolutely. Let's start with Taral V lol

AndChiefs 01-03-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8259376)
Absolutely. Let's start with Taral V lol

Don't do it! Taral V sucks.

Pants 01-03-2012 01:48 PM

I feel like the Right 53 are a tank away from having an awesome core for 4 man Hard Modes at 50. Not sure how we're going to go about Ops. Might have to look for a decent guild to take us in?

Silock 01-03-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8259402)
Don't do it! Taral V sucks.

I know, but it's a prereq for some of the other flashpoints.

kaplin42 01-03-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8259433)
I feel like the Right 53 are a tank away from having an awesome core for 4 man Hard Modes at 50. Not sure how we're going to go about Ops. Might have to look for a decent guild to take us in?

Betray and come to the darkside. We have tanks. I think we have 5 or 6 active tanks in Wookiee Crisps. One of them 50 already, I'm 40 and the rest are working their way up.

Also, we have cookies. A little furry, but cookies none the less.

Pants 01-03-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 8259845)
Betray and come to the darkside. We have tanks. I think we have 5 or 6 active tanks in Wookiee Crisps. One of them 50 already, I'm 40 and the rest are working their way up.

Also, we have cookies. A little furry, but cookies none the less.

Thanks for the invitation, but I'll have to pass. Not my thing, man. Besides, the populations are skewed as they are. :)

Pants 01-04-2012 09:09 AM

Hey, TR53 guys, I invited a level 26 Commando healer to the guild last night. His name is Mayhem and he seemed really cool. I did 3 Heroics with him and he seemed like a good healer too.

AndChiefs 01-04-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8261893)
Hey, TR53 guys, I invited a level 26 Commando healer to the guild last night. His name is Mayhem and he seemed really cool. I did 3 Heroics with him and he seemed like a good healer too.

I hate him.

Pants 01-04-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8261904)
I hate him.

I hate you.

AndChiefs 01-04-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8261908)
I hate you.

Guess I'll have to make him hate you so we can get the perfect hate triangle going on.

Pants 01-04-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8261909)
Guess I'll have to make him hate you so we can get the perfect hate triangle going on.

:thumb:

Nobody was on last night, was kind of weird.

Saulbadguy 01-04-2012 09:25 AM

We've heard of many a bug and exploit in MMOs over the years, but sometimes there comes along one special case that is so entertaining you can't help but wonder if some mischievous developer planned it on purpose.

Such is the case with Star Wars: The Old Republic's latest glitch, where players busting a groove actually affects combat. According to several sources that confirmed this, by typing /getdown during combat (a dance move) enemies attacking you will be continually interrupted -- including bosses. Perhaps the bad guys were so amazed that players could do the moonwalk that they become stunned out of awe?

If you're hoping to wield your incredible dance powers for either the light or dark side of the Force, know that BioWare is fully aware of this exploit. Considering that the studio removed all mentions of the bug on the forums, we can assume that a fix is coming to the game sooner rather than later.

[Thanks to Kaizlu for the tip!]

[UPDATE: The Reverend Shaw Moore has arrived in SWTOR and accounts are being banned for getting down. Accounts taking advantage of this bug are being sanctioned with the explanation that the offending characters "participated in abusing game mechanics to prevent enemy NPCs from targeting the user", and that "dancing is currently not permitted outside of special Dance Zones."]

AndChiefs 01-04-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8261920)
:thumb:

Nobody was on last, was kind of weird.

Yeah normally there's about five logged in which is amazing considering there's only 10 or so in the entire guild. It happens though.

Huffmeister 01-04-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8261931)
[UPDATE: The Reverend Shaw Moore has arrived in SWTOR and accounts are being banned for getting down. Accounts taking advantage of this bug are being sanctioned with the explanation that the offending characters "participated in abusing game mechanics to prevent enemy NPCs from targeting the user", and that "dancing is currently not permitted outside of special Dance Zones."]

LMAO

I wonder if there's an old abandoned factory on Taris where I can go smoke and do some angry punch-dancing.

Pants 01-04-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8261931)
We've heard of many a bug and exploit in MMOs over the years, but sometimes there comes along one special case that is so entertaining you can't help but wonder if some mischievous developer planned it on purpose.

Such is the case with Star Wars: The Old Republic's latest glitch, where players busting a groove actually affects combat. According to several sources that confirmed this, by typing /getdown during combat (a dance move) enemies attacking you will be continually interrupted -- including bosses. Perhaps the bad guys were so amazed that players could do the moonwalk that they become stunned out of awe?

If you're hoping to wield your incredible dance powers for either the light or dark side of the Force, know that BioWare is fully aware of this exploit. Considering that the studio removed all mentions of the bug on the forums, we can assume that a fix is coming to the game sooner rather than later.

[Thanks to Kaizlu for the tip!]

Is this legit?

keg in kc 01-04-2012 10:28 AM

Yes, and they really are apparently banning people for it.

Pants 01-04-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8262154)

HTF would they know? Do they have ninja GMs watching over everybody?

keg in kc 01-04-2012 10:33 AM

I have no idea.

NewChief 01-04-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8262154)

From what I saw on another forum, they're also banning people for looting in areas above their level. It was some specific area that was referenced, but I don't actually play the game so can't remember what area.

keg in kc 01-04-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8262166)
From what I saw on another forum, they're also banning people for looting in areas above their level. It was some specific area that was referenced, but I don't actually play the game so can't remember what area.

Ilum.

People have also been exploiting the Ilum open world area by running in low-level alts (usually republic side alts, it's imperial guilds doing this primarily) to capture points and then taking them back with their mains.

(or something to that effect)

keg in kc 01-04-2012 10:35 AM

It shouldn't surprise me after more than a decade in the genre that people will exploit whenever possible, but it still does.

Pants 01-04-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8262167)
Ilum.

People have also been exploiting the Ilum open world area by running in low-level alts (usually republic side alts, it's imperial guilds doing this primarily) to capture points and then taking them back with their mains.

(or something to that effect)

This is why you shouldn't be able to roll both sides on a server. Dumb as shit.

keg in kc 01-04-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8262170)
This is why you shouldn't be able to roll both sides on a server. Dumb as shit.

I'd never play empire if I couldn't roll both sides on a server. I'm not going to play on more than one, at least not now.

NewChief 01-04-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8262163)
HTF would they know? Do they have ninja GMs watching over everybody?

I'm sure it's pretty easy to do a find/grep on people typing /getdown during combat or to have it notify GMs whenever someone is typing /getdown while in combat.

Pants 01-04-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8262175)
I'd never play empire if I couldn't roll both sides on a server. I'm not going to play on more than one, at least not now.

Well, that would be on you. When I wanted to try out the Horde in WoW, I had to roll on a different server, IIRC. World PvP can get messed up in a thousand different ways when you can roll on both sides.