ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Sure-Oz 01-26-2009 10:29 AM

Saw

Pineapple Express...definite stoner movie with some funny parts but i didn't think it lived up to the hype for me. Rent if you want to see it.

Max Payne...stupid story, nothing really to do with the game, had maybe a few scenes that looked cool on bluray but wasn't worth seeing. 2 straight turds for wahlberg with The Happening and this movie.

Henry Poole is Here....about a guy that has a mark on his house that looks like jesus face and people bug him, about miracles kind've. Incredibly boring and the first 10 minutes of the movie tells you that the movie will stay just like this. Not worth a rent

Thank goodness for netflix...

Also i saw Bangkok Dangerous, that was pretty good and i was suprised it was.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-26-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5427245)
Saw

Pineapple Express...definite stoner movie with some funny parts but i didn't think it lived up to the hype for me. Rent if you want to see it.

Max Payne...stupid story, nothing really to do with the game, had maybe a few scenes that looked cool on bluray but wasn't worth seeing. 2 straight turds for wahlberg with The Happening and this movie.

Henry Poole is Here....about a guy that has a mark on his house that looks like jesus face and people bug him, about miracles kind've. Incredibly boring and the first 10 minutes of the movie tells you that the movie will stay just like this. Not worth a rent

Thank goodness for netflix...

Also i saw Bangkok Dangerous, that was pretty good and i was suprised it was.

Yeah, I watched Max Payne too. It was so good, I forgot to include it in my original post.:rolleyes::doh!:

Sure-Oz 01-26-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5427264)
Yeah, I watched Max Payne too. It was so good, I forgot to include it in my original post.:rolleyes::doh!:

It sucks cause i wanted to stop it a few times but had to see how it ended, and yep a floating turd:doh!:

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-26-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5427272)
It sucks cause i wanted to stop it a few times but had to see how it ended, and yep a floating turd:doh!:

Video games that become movies are by and large shite. Conversely, movies that become video games are usually pretty good.

Sure-Oz 01-26-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5427289)
Video games that become movies are by and large shite. Conversely, movies that become video games are usually pretty good.

True that....

I kind've like Wahlberg in some of his films, the trailer made the movie look decent, im just glad i got it out of the way so i can netflix a better flick.

Bowser 01-26-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heapshake (Post 5425459)
Was it bad? I had planned on picking it up from the library. I thought it sounded interesting.

It IS an interesting concept, but be warned - it is a straight up chick flick. Very indie/low budget feel to it, but it has a few moments. The idea of the movie kept me around more than the movie itself, if that makes sense.

KcMizzou 01-26-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5427289)

Bullshit.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-26-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5427494)
Bullshit.

All the quarters in TRON's gullet beg to differ.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-26-2009 12:19 PM

And don't forget the Rock's Massive Turdburgler; DOOM.

Portlantis 01-26-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5419028)
Anything Paul Verhoven is worth watching. Yes, even Showgirls.

Have you seen Black Book yet? I don't think I've ever seen a film that is so successful at being both fun and depressing. Also, as in almost any Paul Verhoven movie, it has tons of nudity.

Deberg_1990 01-26-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portlantis (Post 5429485)
Have you seen Black Book yet? I don't think I've ever seen a film that is so successful at being both fun and depressing. Also, as in almost any Paul Verhoven movie, it has tons of nudity.

No. I want to. Ill have to look that up on Netflix.

Portlantis 01-26-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5405650)
Metropolis was WAY better.

I have to admit, I didn't like Metropolis as much as I thought I would.

Now M on the other hand, that's a hell of a movie.

Fire Me Boy! 01-27-2009 06:52 AM

Watched Righteous Kill last night. Not horrible. Not anywhere NEAR as good as Heat.

Sure-Oz 01-27-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5430307)
Watched Righteous Kill last night. Not horrible. Not anywhere NEAR as good as Heat.

I thought it pretty much sucked honestly...i love the worthless random sex scenes

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-27-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5430488)
I thought it pretty much sucked honestly...i love the worthless random sex scenes

De Niro and Pacino couldn't pull off some magic? That's not a good sign for the world.

Buehler445 01-28-2009 12:19 AM

Watched 30 Days of Night. Hadn't seen it. It was a decent mindless timewaster, but if I had any expectations at all, I would probably be furious. BTW, what the **** was this whole bit about giving the mindless attack animals a story line and then completely abandoning it?

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-28-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5432812)
Watched 30 Days of Night. Hadn't seen it. It was a decent mindless timewaster, but if I had any expectations at all, I would probably be furious. BTW, what the **** was this whole bit about giving the mindless attack animals a story line and then completely abandoning it?

I don't know if they're "official" or not, but there are a couple of 30 minute shorts done by some horror channel that define events before and after the film.

They're on You Tube. Go to Wiki to get the exact names under the "disambiguation" option.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-28-2009 12:45 AM

What's up, DCS?

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2009 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5424888)
:shake:

I thought Dark City was mediocre at BEST. Didn't care for it.

I do own it on DVD... mainly because it was $3.99.

One of my friends who's a director has this movie in his top 10.

I don't get it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-28-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5432847)
What's up, DCS?

What up wit' CHOOO, Carl Weathers?

Man, they had a Rocky marathon on AMC this weekend, and every time Apollo started getting pissed it made me laugh.

All I could hear was "True Fan this, and True Fan that"! :D

God damn! 810's been down for days, so I've had to make do with 610? Oooooh...it's a TF Extravaganza guaranteed to make one wish for ownership of a long-range missile.:doh!:

Miles 01-28-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portlantis (Post 5429543)
I have to admit, I didn't like Metropolis as much as I thought I would.

Now M on the other hand, that's a hell of a movie.

Pretty much the same with me as well on both. Though my expectations were extremely high going into Metropolis and it's the only silent film I have actually sat down and watched. It has been a while so I probably need to give it another go whenever the original full cut is released.

The Testament of Dr. Mabuse is another great Lang flick.

Abba-Dabba 01-28-2009 01:11 AM

Gran Torino.
Good movie. Not Clint's best as advertised. Script seemed to be lacking something. Maybe it was just they used zipperhead and gook about a thousand times too many. Seemed to lose it's message with the overabundance of racial insults. The ending could been seen from a mile away. Plenty of laughs, no tears. Coming away from it... Would watch again, but would not seek it out to watch again if you catch my drift.

Seven Pounds.
Throughly enjoyed this movie. If you don't shed a tear in this one, something is seriously wrong with you. Personally I think this was Will Smith's best performance yet. Must buy for me.

Abba-Dabba 01-28-2009 10:15 AM

Frost/Nixon
Wow. Incredible movie. Gives me a completely different perspective on a man I had learned to despise.

Side story here, In March of 1994 I had entered the military, during basic training Nixon had passed away. All of us in the company were huddled into a room to watch the televised memorial service for him. I remember thinking at the time that it was a waste for that man to have that level of respect handed to him in his death. Either I'm getting soft or old age is starting to set in, I don't really see it that way anymore. As I get older I've begun to realize adverseries can be friends.

I am so glad the makers of this movie allowed the perception of a personal side to Nixon rather than just the shrewd and corrupt politician. Another must buy.

KCChiefsMan 01-28-2009 03:45 PM

Before The Devil Knows You're Dead

watch this simply for Marisa Tomei is topless a lot in it!!

Fire Me Boy! 01-28-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 5434869)
Before The Devil Knows You're Dead

watch this simply for Marisa Tomei is topless a lot in it!!

And it's a damn good movie.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-30-2009 02:07 AM

Just watched Cocaine Cowboys (documentary) on Netflix. Can't recommend this highly enough. Chronicles the drug traffic and trade in Miami in the 70's and 80's.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-30-2009 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5439833)
Just watched Cocaine Cowboys (documentary) on Netflix. Can't recommend this highly enough. Chronicles the drug traffic and trade in Miami in the 70's and 80's.

Anything new on Jung or Escobar?

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-30-2009 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5439837)
Anything new on Jung or Escobar?

Funny thing, DCS. Escobar was basically dismissed as a lackey in the documentary. The real strongmen in the Medellin cartel were the Ochoa family, and stateside, the craziest mother****er was this gorda puta named Griselda Blanco...responsible for 200+ murders.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-30-2009 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5439848)
Funny thing, DCS. Escobar was basically dismissed as a lackey in the documentary. The real strongmen in the Medellin cartel were the Ochoa family, and stateside, the craziest mother****er was this gorda puta named Griselda Blanco...responsible for 200+ murders.

I knew about the Ochoa's; they paved the way for Escobar to run shop without being harassed by the local authorities.
But Blanco? I heard the term "Black Widow" back in the day, but she was always kind of pushed to the side in terms of big picture sensationalism.

What I want to know, is how the drugs coming in off of the Zapata Offshore Rigs were obtained, and then distributed in the US.
At some point those shipments left Official hands and got to the street.

THAT...is the REAL story O' Intrigue. :thumb::evil:

Abba-Dabba 01-30-2009 04:31 AM

Griselda was never at the level of Escobar. This is the biggest problem I have with both Cocaine Cowboys 1 & 2(#2 was devoted to her). Griselda's wealth reportedly reached approx 3b, Pablo's over 20+b. Who do you think had more power and pull?

It's one thing to kill drug dealers and their families you deemed a threat because you are mentally unstable like Griselda. It's a completely different animal to bring down an airplane, kill dozens of politicians, over 400 hundred police officers, taking seige of the Colombian Supreme Court, as well as the drug dealers and their families like El Patrón did. Papa Ochoa was the only one untouchable.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-30-2009 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saggysack (Post 5439862)
Griselda was never at the level of Escobar. This is the biggest problem I have with both Cocaine Cowboys 1 & 2(#2 was devoted to her). Griselda's wealth reportedly reached approx 3b, Pablo's over 20+b. Who do you think had more power and pull?

It's one thing to kill drug dealers and their families you deemed a threat because you are mentally unstable like Griselda. It's a completely different animal to bring down an airplane, kill dozens of politicians, over 400 hundred police officers, taking seige of the Colombian Supreme Court, as well as the drug dealers and their families like El Patrón did. Papa Ochoa was the only one untouchable.

I never said that, nor did the documentary. I said the Ochoas were > Escobar, and Griselda was a crazy fat bitch.

blaise 01-30-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5439833)

I think, at some point, someone is going to make a movie about the stuff going on on the Mexico/US border towns with the drug trade. There's some crazy stories coming out of there. People leaving 8 or 9 severed heads in the street. It'd be hard to make a documentary about it because those dudes actually target and kill reporters and journalists. But I would love to see a fictional movie about it.

Deberg_1990 01-30-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5439992)
I think, at some point, someone is going to make a movie about the stuff going on on the Mexico/US border towns with the drug trade.

They covered it a little bit in the movie "Traffic"

blaise 01-30-2009 09:59 AM

That's true, but I'm hoping for more of a City of God type movie, especially about a place like Ciudad Juarez. That's probably morbid on my part, considering they're real people getting killed.

Fire Me Boy! 01-30-2009 10:56 AM

Watched Pride & Glory last night. Pretty mediocre movie. The performances from Norton is good.

Abba-Dabba 01-30-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5439867)
I never said that, nor did the documentary. I said the Ochoas were > Escobar, and Griselda was a crazy fat bitch.

:spock:

Did the imaginary man come out and bite you in the ass? I never said you said that. There are plenty of people and articles that have though.

Your comment to me is quite puzzling since I neither quoted you are typed your name.

Griselda was crazy? Or still is? She is still alive and living freely.

Have you seen #2?

Abba-Dabba 01-30-2009 11:36 AM

Revolutionary Road.
Meh. Overrated. Only part worth watching is the last 15 minutes.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-30-2009 12:19 PM

A while back we were talking about the new movie 'Taken'. I mentioned a miniseries of the same name, and this is the link to the first clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGTyL...x=0&playnext=1

PunkinDrublic 01-30-2009 04:24 PM

Watched a documentary "Heckler" the other day. It's about people who heckle comedians, movie and music critics. It's hosted by Jamie Kennedy who confronts all the critics who have talked shit about his movies and the hecklers at his comedy shows. It was pretty funny because the critics never back off their stances and Kennedy comes off sounding like a whiney bitch.

Bowser 01-30-2009 06:42 PM

Just re-watched Pitch Black. It had been awhile since I had seen it; really an underrated sci-fi/horror film. I love the Riddick character, and they could have done so much with it, but decided to try for an epic, larger than life turd in "Chronicles". Hopefully, someday they re-visit that character with a better script.

And Claudia Black is ****ing well hot, in case you haven't received that memo yet.

Deberg_1990 01-30-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5441545)
Just re-watched Pitch Black. It had been awhile since I had seen it; really an underrated sci-fi/horror film. I love the Riddick character, and they could have done so much with it, but decided to try for an epic, larger than life turd in "Chronicles". Hopefully, someday they re-visit that character with a better script.

I dont agree. Love Pitch Black. Loved Chronicles of Riddick as well. I liked how they expanded the Universe. The Necromongers were great baddies.

Bowser 01-30-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5441549)
I dont agree. Love Pitch Black. Loved Chronicles of Riddick as well. I liked how they expanded the Universe. The Necromongers were great baddies.

See, to me, Pitch Black and Chronicles are kind of like Matrix and Matrix Reloaded. Both of the sequels were good, but not as good as the original, just because they tried to get "too big" with the story. I could be nitpicking some, but Pitch Black just seemed stronger than Chronicles because it was more concise of a story; Chronicles was trying to take on a whole universe worth of storytelling. Although I did enjoy Chronicles, I never felt as "in" to that maove as I did Pitch Black.

Like I said, the Riddick character is a prototypical sci/fi storyline in waiting. I hope they can continue on with it.

Bowser 01-30-2009 06:57 PM

And speaking of Vin Diesel fueled sci/fi, anyone have a review of Babylon A.D.?

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-30-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 5441218)
Watched a documentary "Heckler" the other day. It's about people who heckle comedians, movie and music critics. It's hosted by Jamie Kennedy who confronts all the critics who have talked shit about his movies and the hecklers at his comedy shows. It was pretty funny because the critics never back off their stances and Kennedy comes off sounding like a whiney bitch.

ROFL

Who the ****, besides the elderly perhaps, is going to be intimidated by Jamie Kennedy?!?!? ROFL

KcMizzou 01-30-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5441588)
See, to me, Pitch Black and Chronicles are kind of like Matrix and Matrix Reloaded. Both of the sequels were good, but not as good as the original, just because they tried to get "too big" with the story. I could be nitpicking some, but Pitch Black just seemed stronger than Chronicles because it was more concise of a story; Chronicles was trying to take on a whole universe worth of storytelling. Although I did enjoy Chronicles, I never felt as "in" to that maove as I did Pitch Black.

Like I said, the Riddick character is a prototypical sci/fi storyline in waiting. I hope they can continue on with it.

I agree. I really liked Pitch Black, but Chronicles felt like it was all style and no substance. Fantastic visuals, and not much else.

Deberg_1990 01-30-2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5441768)
I agree. I really liked Pitch Black, but Chronicles felt like it was all style and no substance. Fantastic visuals, and not much else.

To me, im amazed they were able to make a sequel to Pitch Black.

Im fairly certain it was meant to be just a cheap, stand alone, sci-fi horror flick.

It turned out much better than that though....

TrickyNicky 01-30-2009 11:52 PM

Wrong thread, but if you're a Riddick fan, they are re-making the original Xbox game Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay for the 360. It was, and still is, one of the best movie franchise --> video games ever imo (excluding anything Star Wars of course).

KCChiefsMan 01-31-2009 12:26 AM

Pineapple Express was pretty good

Step Brothers not so much, didn't care for it.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-31-2009 01:26 AM

So this week I watched Bangkok Dangerous (a pretty shitty flick with all kinds of dumbassery, IMO), and just got back from watching The Strangers at one of my friends' houses. Dumbass ****ing movie, but I tend to hate all horror movies because no one has a goddamned bit of common sense.

I'm going to go watch Taken tomorrow. Hopefully it's as good as the previews look.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-31-2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5442696)
So this week I watched Bangkok Dangerous (a pretty shitty flick with all kinds of dumbassery, IMO), and just got back from watching The Strangers at one of my friends' houses. Dumbass ****ing movie, but I tend to hate all horror movies because no one has a goddamned bit of common sense.

I'm going to go watch Taken tomorrow. Hopefully it's as good as the previews look.

Nick Cage looked like a goofball, but I still liked it. I think the deaf chick made it a little better than it should have been.
The whole "apprentice" thing was bullshit though.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-31-2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5442705)
Nick Cage looked like a goofball, but I still liked it. I think the deaf chick made it a little better than it should have been.
The whole "apprentice" thing was bullshit though.

That, and him not wearing gloves on important jobs, not being able to shoot the guy in the boat and then turning into ****ing Martin Riggs in the factory shootout, and just drawing way too much attention to himself in general.

Maybe it's because I read the banned guide on contract killing from Paladin Press a few weeks ago (and watched Collateral)...but it was like taking the worst elements from Leon, Collateral, and Hitman, and putting them all together.

Jerm 01-31-2009 08:38 AM

Finally got to check out Green Street Hooligans last night.

What an awesome movie, loved every bit of it. Being an avid soccer lover made it easier to enjoy but I thought it was an all around great flick.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-31-2009 09:25 AM

saw Gran Torino last night. Overall decent movie, but Clint's acting and the acting of Toad were pretty bad.

Interesting story though...

Miles 01-31-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5441592)
And speaking of Vin Diesel fueled sci/fi, anyone have a review of Babylon A.D.?

I rented it with low expectations because of the poor reviews but am usually interested in any sci-fi/action flick. The first half or so was actually pretty solid but it imploded in the last half hour.

KcMizzou 01-31-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 5442992)
saw Gran Torino last night. Overall decent movie, but Clint's acting and the acting of Toad were pretty bad.

Interesting story though...

Kyle's gonna ban you.

Portlantis 01-31-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5443265)
Kyle's gonna ban you.

Yep. According to AustinChief, Gran Torino was a classic on par with The Godfather and Citizen Kane.

Fire Me Boy! 01-31-2009 02:49 PM

Just got home from Taken.

It's what you expect. Check your brain at the door and enjoy the ride. I wasn't overwhelmed, but similarly I wasn't disappointed.

The wife really liked it.

Buehler445 01-31-2009 02:52 PM

I think I will be seeing this one.

Sure-Oz 01-31-2009 03:11 PM

I'm watching T2 on bluray...i noticed one of the guys from 24 that was in past seasons is john's step dad or whatever lol

I forgot how cool this movie was, even though the effects are definetly a bit outdated. Also forgot how badass Arnold was too.

Reaper16 01-31-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5443851)
I'm watching T2 on bluray...i noticed one of the guys from 24 that was in past seasons is john's step dad or whatever lol

Yeah, he played George Mason in seasons 1 and 2.

Sure-Oz 01-31-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5444083)
Yeah, he played George Mason in seasons 1 and 2.

haha yes, george mason was a badass

Deberg_1990 01-31-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5443851)

I forgot how cool this movie was, even though the effects are definetly a bit outdated. Also forgot how badass Arnold was too.

Great flick. Never gets old.

Nzoner 01-31-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5443752)
Just got home from Taken.

It's what you expect. Check your brain at the door and enjoy the ride. I wasn't overwhelmed, but similarly I wasn't disappointed.

The wife really liked it.

Starts like a rollercoaster in that the first part takes a bit to get to the real fun but once it clears the top get ready for a non-stop thrill ride.If you like lots of action,violence including big body counts and seeing the bad guys get the holy shit kicked out of them don't miss it.

Liam Neeson was very good in the role and at times made Jack Bauer look like a boy scout.

Good popcorn flick

Fire Me Boy! 02-01-2009 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 5445115)
Starts like a rollercoaster in that the first part takes a bit to get to the real fun but once it clears the top get ready for a non-stop thrill ride.If you like lots of action,violence including big body counts and seeing the bad guys get the holy shit kicked out of them don't miss it.

Liam Neeson was very good in the role and at times made Jack Bauer look like a boy scout.

Good popcorn flick

Spoiler!

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-01-2009 01:14 AM

Brian Mills is officially one of the 5-10 baddest mother****ers in the history of action movies after that performance.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-01-2009 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5445367)
Spoiler!

That was ****ing badass.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-01-2009 03:44 AM

I just caught a wee-teaser for Angels and Demons.

Stoked!

Nzoner 02-01-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5445367)
Spoiler!

Yeah,and speaking of taken,that scene was pretty much taken from an episode of 24 but for intensity I'll take this one.

Ceej 02-04-2009 03:55 PM

Has anyone went and seen Rise of The Lycans?

I just watched the first two again.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-04-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 5458329)
Has anyone went and seen Rise of The Lycans?

I just watched the first two again.

Not yet.

I finished 'Rocknrolla' day before yesterday. Fantastic movie.

Sure-Oz 02-04-2009 04:00 PM

Watched

"intolerable cruelty" dogshit....gf's rent she didnt like it either and "burn after reading" which wasn't bad i guess, the ending pretty much is like the crappenings

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-04-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5458352)
Watched

"intolerable cruelty" dogshit....gf's rent she didnt like it either and "burn after reading" which wasn't bad i guess, the ending pretty much is like the crappenings

Something weird just happened to the board. I paged back one space, and on the left side of the screen it had a bunch of shit about "DCS is Chiefs Planet Icon, when meeting this person kneel and kiss the ring.

Everybody had some kind of weird shit like that.

noa 02-04-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5458357)
Something weird just happened to the board. I paged back one space, and on the left side of the screen it had a bunch of shit about "DCS is Chiefs Planet Icon, when meeting this person kneel and kiss the ring.

Everybody had some kind of weird shit like that.

The board has had that for a while. It relates to your rep.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-04-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 5458388)
The board has had that for a while. It relates to your rep.

Haa Sooooooo.....Sank you!

Nzoner 02-04-2009 04:15 PM

2 movies last night,Pride and Glory with Edward Norton,Colin Farrell and Jon Voight.Cop movie that didn't have anything that hasn't been done before but the cast and story kept my interest for 2 hours+ so that's a thumbs up.

Zack and Miri Make A Porno,meh,couple of lol scenes,overall I could take it or leave it.Had a friend that told me it was the funniest movie he'd seen in a long long time,no way would I say that.

Jerm 02-05-2009 12:06 PM

Watched Rogue a little while ago...pretty good flick.

A lot better than Primeval or any other giant croc movie that's come out lately.

Miles 02-06-2009 01:50 AM

Saw Slumdog Millionaire earlier tonight and it was pretty outstanding.

DeepPurple 02-06-2009 03:25 PM

I went to Red Box last night to pickup RocknRolla, they didn't have it but they did have "The Lucky Ones". I remember seeing Tim Robbins on Conan a few months ago talking about the film, so I decided to rent it. Usually I read reviews first, this time I read them after getting home.

I didn't know what to expect, some wrote the film was great and some said it was liberal garbage. After watching "The Lucky Ones" last night, I can tell you my wife and I were both floored. The negative reviews are from morons who never saw the film, but feel the need to express their opinion because Tim Robbins is playing a soldier in the film.

It stars Robbins, Rachel McAdams who was good in Red Eye and The Notebook to name a couple and Michale Pena who was the locksmith in Crash and the guy stuck underground with Nick Cage in World Trade Center. It's directed by Neil Burger, whose previous film was the very good The Illusionist with Edward Norton.

It's a very, very good film, 8 stars by me. It's not about Iraq, it's not about the Army, it's not about soldiers. If you liked films like "Sideways, Little Miss Sunshine or Borat", you should like the "Lucky Ones". It came out on DVD Jan. 27th.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-06-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepPurple (Post 5464929)
I went to Red Box last night to pickup RocknRolla, they didn't have it but they did have "The Lucky Ones". I remember seeing Tim Robbins on Conan a few months ago talking about the film, so I decided to rent it. Usually I read reviews first, this time I read them after getting home.

I didn't know what to expect, some wrote the film was great and some said it was liberal garbage. After watching "The Lucky Ones" last night, I can tell you my wife and I were both floored. The negative reviews are from morons who never saw the film, but feel the need to express their opinion because Tim Robbins is playing a soldier in the film.

It stars Robbins, Rachel McAdams who was good in Red Eye and The Notebook to name a couple and Michale Pena who was the locksmith in Crash and the guy stuck underground with Nick Cage in World Trade Center. It's directed by Neil Burger, whose previous film was the very good The Illusionist with Edward Norton.

It's a very, very good film, 8 stars by me. It's not about Iraq, it's not about the Army, it's not about soldiers. If you liked films like "Sideways, Little Miss Sunshine or Borat", you should like the "Lucky Ones". It came out on DVD Jan. 27th.

I will check out "The Lucky Ones". Continue to pursue 'RocknRolla'; best movie I've seen in quite a while.

luv 02-06-2009 07:01 PM

I went to see New In Town last Monday night. Hilarious. It's a chick flick, but a guy with a good sense of humor would laugh.

I'm going to go see "he's just not that into you" with a friend of mine tomorrow.

Check this out. Make sure to click on the 10 chick flick cliches not found in this movie.

http://www.hesjustnotthatintoyoumovie.com/