ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Felix Anudike-Uzomah Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348536)

The Franchise 04-28-2023 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16922631)
Yeeeeeah so that sounds like bullshit.

LMAO What was it that set off your bullshit alarm? The fact that he used gangbanger?

Iconic 04-28-2023 10:40 AM

I think Veach did the absolute best he could with FAU.

Majority of teams ahead of us were in direct competition with us for a Lombardi last year ie. Eagles, Bills, Bengals. Felt terrible for Veach after listening to the presser because it sounds like teams weren't picking up the phone when they saw him on the caller ID. And if they were, it was at an extreme unjustifiable premium.

We pretty much got dicked for being overly successful. Not to mention if you listened to Reid it sounds as if they really thought long and hard about overpaying to move up but in the end abstained.

Props to the FO for their discipline. I bet last night was real tough to swallow.

AdolfOliverBush 04-28-2023 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16922531)
Also, we're gonna need a new name for this guy, cuz FAU aint it. Feels like we're talking about the university.

Drop the A, call him F.U. and start printing t-shirts.

ToxSocks 04-28-2023 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16922633)
LMAO What was it that set off your bullshit alarm? The fact that he used gangbanger?

Pretty much.

How many sons of pro athletes actually become "gangbangers?". And who the **** says gangbanger any more?

Roving the mean streets of whatever million dollar community his daddy put him in?

raybec 4 04-28-2023 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 16922611)
I just got some insight on why Porter Jr fell. I have a friend that moved here from Bakersfield. He says that teams are moving him down their boards because he is a gangbanger. He says that NFL teams are aware of it, but it's not public information

What does Bakersfield have to do with it? I don't think that gives anyone special insight into an NFL draft board.

MahomesMagic 04-28-2023 10:45 AM

Our front office is really dialing in and grabbing good football players at the top

Felix is an ass kicker and this feels like another Bolton, Humphrey player where you get him an not only do they have a high floor but the ceiling is high too.

The Franchise 04-28-2023 10:46 AM

Sounds more to me like your "friend from Bakersfield" thinks all black people look the same.

ToxSocks 04-28-2023 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 16922644)
What does Bakersfield have to do with it? I don't think that gives anyone special insight into an NFL draft board.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16922648)
Sounds more to me like your "friend from Bakersfield" thinks all black people look the same.

Joey Porter Jr. isn't even from Bakersfield. He was BORN there, but he played HS ball in PA.

So unless Joey Porter Jr was "gangbanging" back in elementary school, someone completely made some shit up.

Talisman 04-28-2023 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16922531)
Also, we're gonna need a new name for this guy, cuz FAU aint it. Feels like we're talking about the university.

I feel like there's something with the initials of his last name being the symbol for gold, but that's as far as I've gotten.

Demonpenz 04-28-2023 10:58 AM

He looks like he is standing still in the pictures I have seen

Nightfyre 04-28-2023 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 16922611)
I just got some insight on why Porter Jr fell. I have a friend that moved here from Bakersfield. He says that teams are moving him down their boards because he is a gangbanger. He says that NFL teams are aware of it, but it's not public information

I have some insight on why porter Jr fell. He's athletic, but just not as good as the corners who went ahead of him. He's not his dad, and the media narrative putting him in the first round was based on name recognition and not his play. NFL teams are aware of it, but the media is clueless.

KCUnited 04-28-2023 11:02 AM

Newly released tape of Joey Porter Jr

https://i.imgur.com/FhbAxRZ.gif

Mecca 04-28-2023 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 16922686)
I have some insight on why porter Jr fell. He's athletic, but just not as good as the corners who went ahead of him. He's not his dad, and the media narrative putting him in the first round was based on name recognition and not his play. NFL teams are aware of it, but the media is clueless.

He fell because he doesn't have ball skills, the NFL values the ever loving shit out of CBs that get picks. He doesn't have ball production and his testing numbers aren't stupid like Deonte Banks so he fell a bit. He also isn't good in zone so now you have..

Scheme specific, lack of ball production and non elite measurables so he drops.

Mecca 04-28-2023 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 16922645)
Our front office is really dialing in and grabbing good football players at the top

Felix is an ass kicker and this feels like another Bolton, Humphrey player where you get him an not only do they have a high floor but the ceiling is high too.

This is also what happens when you pick at the end of rounds...

Guys who are just good football players fall while guys with elite measurables get picked higher.

Sassy Squatch 04-28-2023 11:18 AM

Is it actual gangbanger or Ja Morant gangbanger?