ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Should the Chiefs look at S Minkah Fitzpatrick as a CB? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325064)

BossChief 09-15-2019 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14447028)
best i can do

you will be pleased

What’s that mean?

Hammock Parties 09-15-2019 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14447035)
What’s that mean?

people are usually pleased when good things happen

RealSNR 09-15-2019 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14447028)
best i can do

you will be pleased

If you're Marty, what's the point of having an inside connection and claiming to get information before it hits if you don't share it in a meaningful way?

His Chiefs Editorial Kingdom twitter handle doesn't do much otherwise.

Hammock Parties 09-15-2019 01:40 AM

He's shared plenty. First guy to tell anyone Reek would be at camp.

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-15-2019 01:48 AM

Hey guys I have inside info the chiefs will make a move for a corner. Everyone and their mother knows that’s gonna happen at some point. If you keep saying it every week you will be right once. Can’t believe anyone thinks these clowns have info

MIAdragon 09-15-2019 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime (Post 14447045)
Hey guys I have inside info the chiefs will make a move for a corner. Everyone and their mother knows that’s gonna happen at some point. If you keep saying it every week you will be right once. Can’t believe anyone thinks these clowns have info

Look just trying to be pleased here.

Dunerdr 09-15-2019 06:38 AM

The guys who used to have inside info always got slaughtered around here too. In a fast paced business like this things can change in the blink of an eye. You leak info, it changes, your source gets thrown to the wolves for the remainder of eternity.

Even if Marty and Clay dont bat 1000 i still love them 4000.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-15-2019 06:46 AM

They are batting under .100 That's the problem

Jerok 09-15-2019 07:32 AM

The problem is they post dumb vague shit so they won't get called out when something doesnt happen. But can take credit when it does.

Sure-Oz 09-15-2019 08:11 AM

@flasportsbuzz: There is considerable interest in Minkah around the league, as we noted Friday. CBS' La Canfora says 20 teams have shown interest. NFL Net and CBS both reporting he could be dealt this week. Miami wants first-rounder back.

nychief 09-15-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14447170)
@flasportsbuzz: There is considerable interest in Minkah around the league, as we noted Friday. CBS' La Canfora says 20 teams have shown interest. NFL Net and CBS both reporting he could be dealt this week. Miami wants first-rounder back.

He's being fed info by the dolphins, obviously.

RealSNR 09-15-2019 08:35 AM

And I'm saying no to a first rounder.

This isn't the Royals. We're not doomed to collapse. We have Patrick Mahomes in a salary cap era. We won't collapse if we're smart.

Constantly trading away your 1st round pick isn't smart. It's a good way to turn your team into the Packers.

Stop saying, "We need to win now." No we don't. We need to win over the course of 10-15 years. The goal should be to win multiple championships with Mahomes, not just one.

We ARE winning now. We almost won now last year in spite of doing jack shit. Just have some ****ing patience.

Chris Meck 09-15-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14447193)

This isn't the Royals. We're not doomed to collapse. We have Patrick Mahomes in a salary cap era. We won't collapse if we're smart.

Constantly trading away your 1st round pick isn't smart. It's a good way to turn your team into the Packers.

Stop saying, "We need to win now." No we don't. We need to win over the course of 10-15 years. The goal should be to win multiple championships with Mahomes, not just one.

We ARE winning now. We almost won now last year in spite of doing jack shit. Just have some ****ing patience.

In general, I agree with you. However, THIS is the sort of trade that actually strengthens your team for the long haul, not just to WIN NOW.

Fitzpatrick is in the second year of his 5 year rookie deal. He's a better player than anyone we'll have access to draft at our slot, which might be #32.

a late first round pick has what, a 50/50 chance of being a quality starter? this guy has already shown that.

Unlike trading a pick and bunch of cap for a proven veteran, this is like taking a first round pick 15 slots higher than you'll get, and only giving up one year of his rookie deal in exchange. That's worthwhile.

TambaBerry 09-15-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14447193)

This case is a bit different or I would agree with you. You're getting a 2nd year player who is dirt cheap for next four years for a 1st round pick who you very likely wouldn't get someone anywhere near as good as him at.

Coogs 09-15-2019 08:50 AM

I'm not really a huge Washington Redskins fan, so I could be off a bit here. I seems like a big portion of the 1970' and 1980's that they never had any draft picks... at least early in the draft. They moved them all for established players. The 1970's and 1980's was probably the best era ever for the Redskins too.