ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***Official (12)-13 NHL Season Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268821)

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9541959)
Where the **** were you last year when the Pens got their ass kicked in the first round only to see the team that beat them get THEIR ass kicked in the following round?

Hadnt joined the forum yet. **** off!! We won the cup in 2009. Its not the end of the year if we dont win it all. We'll get it this year

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 06:52 PM

Nice trade for the blues

The Poz 04-01-2013 06:55 PM

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m
Flames also say if Blues miss the playoffs, that 1st round pick in 2013 becomes 4th-rounder this year and a 1st rd in 2014

Rams Fan 04-01-2013 07:28 PM

Shit is gonna **** up the Blues cap.

Predarat 04-02-2013 09:37 AM

Hope the Preds can find a way to get rid of Sergei Kostitsyn.

DJ's left nut 04-02-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9547584)
Shit is gonna **** up the Blues cap.

No it won't. The Blues aren't anywhere near the cap and almost certainly won't be next year either, even with these additions.

The problem is that the Blues are just a relatively cash-poor team. It's not cap space that will hurt them, it's an internal budget.

Everyone seems to like this Bouwmeester trade more than I do. He just doesn't strike me as being a top pairing defenseman anymore and in a deep draft, I think that's what you need to justify giving up a 1st round pick and taking on a ton of salary.

It tells me that they're probably resigned to losing Shatty in the off-season.

The Poz 04-02-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9549025)
Everyone seems to like this Bouwmeester trade more than I do. He just doesn't strike me as being a top pairing defenseman anymore and in a deep draft, I think that's what you need to justify giving up a 1st round pick and taking on a ton of salary.

It tells me that they're probably resigned to losing Shatty in the off-season.

Remarkably the Flames got more in return for Bou than they did for Iginla. As a Flames fan I like this trade. Get rid of a huge salary for 2 decent prospects and a first rounder. Calgary now sitting on 3 first round picks (as long as the Blues make the playoffs). Time to blow this team up and get young.

Demonpenz 04-02-2013 12:15 PM

Crosby's Jaw is broke. Penguins still have lots of stars.

DJ's left nut 04-02-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 9549550)
Remarkably the Flames got more in return for Bou than they did for Iginla. As a Flames fan I like this trade. Get rid of a huge salary for 2 decent prospects and a first rounder. Calgary now sitting on 3 first round picks (as long as the Blues make the playoffs). Time to blow this team up and get young.

Eh, you got zero decent prospects.

I'm not sure if that changes the calculus substantially, but I'd be shocked if either of the guys we gave up amount to anything at the NHL level.

But getting a 1st in a very deep 2013 draft is a pretty nice haul in its own right. I'm thinking the Blues desperately need the cash infusion that comes from playoff hockey and are willing to give up the pick to make it happen.

Predarat 04-03-2013 11:41 AM

80 minutes left until the trade deadline, only 4 deals. Though most of the major stuff was done earlier.

NJChiefsFan 04-03-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9547476)
Hadnt joined the forum yet. **** off!! We won the cup in 2009. Its not the end of the year if we dont win it all. We'll get it this year

You joined in Feb and the NHL playoffs start in April, so you were here. It's a good thing you did win one in 2009 after all that tanking you guys did to get Crosby and Malkin in the first place. Bettman would be crying by now if his team hadn't won one by now.

Predarat 04-03-2013 02:04 PM

Wow the Minnesota Wild are going to be damn good for a bit as much as I hate to say it.

Bearcat 04-03-2013 04:51 PM

Noticed the Preds picked up Filip Forsberg... he looked pretty good at times during the World Jrs.

Mother****erJones 04-03-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9553494)
You joined in Feb and the NHL playoffs start in April, so you were here. It's a good thing you did win one in 2009 after all that tanking you guys did to get Crosby and Malkin in the first place. Bettman would be crying by now if his team hadn't won one by now.

Oh cry me a ****ing river crybaby. They didnt tank shit. They lost Lemieux and Jagr. Every team has a shitty year or two. I dont remember seeing this thread when i joined.

KC_Lee 04-03-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9554470)
Noticed the Preds picked up Filip Forsberg... he looked pretty good at times during the World Jrs.

I'd be more excited if Barry Trotz had an offensive mind that could help grow this kid but such as it is...

Great trade though, gave up very little (Erat & prospect) to get this kid.