ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Minnesota man who killed teens in break-in charged with murder (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267133)

WhiteWhale 11-26-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10225998)
this is why you saying nothing to the police but "I felt in danger of my life and my lawyer will make any statements"

dude is a shitbag by all accounts for what he did, but just an example to never talk to the police in a situation like this, or any other possible felony.

The police would have figured it out man. They can spot executions over self defense.

Rausch 11-26-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9929257)
AFAIC, if somebody breaks into your home repeatedly, their safety is no guarantee. I realize my view doesn't necessarily line up with MN state law, but I have very little sympathy for home invaders. It's not like the old man is a danger to the general public. He's not out there shooting random people dead. He offed a couple of deadbeat criminals.

This.

When you break into people's homes you beg for bad $3it to happen.

Did he have to kill them? No.

They broke in and got a metric ****-ton more crazy than they planned on.

Is breaking into anything, anywhere, risking your life?

Abso-****ing-lutely...

DJ's left nut 11-26-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10227293)
Yeah, you can't execute them, but I could see someone making a convincing argument that the fifth shot was necessary because they were still moving and it looked like they were reaching for a gun. Assuming of course that the fifth shot wasn't behind the ear or something.

Well and the track from where you dragged her into the living room and put another pill into her may also be a giveaway...

threebag 11-26-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10227141)
I'm moving in a different direction than the conversation to which your post was responding, but I'll point out that if I shot an intruder in my house I'd assume I was in danger from that point on. They know where I live and presumably they're very unhappy with me shooting them. If they're just arrested for burglary they'll be out of jail in 24 hours.

That's why you shoot to kill right from the get go

Phobia 11-26-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10226201)
I'm all for shooting people but gosh...

Now I'm picturing all the dangerous old people that shouldn't be issued drivers licenses and still are... I certainly don't think you should take guns away from old people, but a check in on them every once in a while with a psych eval or even a basic firearms test wouldn't be too extraordinary to ask.

Seems like he didn't have much trouble with basic firearms operation.

Katipan 11-26-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10228090)
Seems like he didn't have much trouble with basic firearms operation.

I want a DMV kind of test.

"If you are sitting in your basement at night and kids come walking down the stairs do you...

A. Shoot to kill
B. Shoot to maim
C. Signal left

Phobia 11-26-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10228119)

"If you are sitting in your basement at night and kids come walking down the stairs do you...

A. Shoot to kill
B. Shoot to maim
C. Signal left

It's people like you who cause our taxes to go up. Please commit a felony.

Katipan 11-26-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10228131)
It's people like you who cause our taxes to go up. Please commit a felony.

It doesn't have to be expensive. Just make a website they all have to sign up with.

Phobia 11-26-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10228145)
It doesn't have to be expensive. Just make a website they all have to sign up with.

Please. They already have drivers license tests and somehow Asian women still drive.

Katipan 11-26-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10228173)
Please. They already have drivers license tests and somehow Asian women still drive.

Ouch.

You've got a point.

Phobia 11-26-2013 10:08 PM

HAHAHAHAHA - walked right into that one.

Katipan 11-26-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10228185)
HAHAHAHAHA - walked right into that one.

I forget I'm asian sometimes. Usually when I'm around men I'm taller than.

TLO 11-26-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10228119)

A. Shoot to kill
B. Shoot to maim
C. Signal left

LMAO

Phobia 11-26-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10228196)
I forget I'm asian sometimes. Usually when I'm around men I'm taller than.

Heh. I'll bet you're through dating musclebound gorillas.

Shogun 11-26-2013 10:34 PM

This would be no big deal back in the day. You enter somebodies home to steal from them, you get shot. Yeah yeah yeah, kids will be kids. But men will be men. You break into my house and and try to steal from me? Nope, sorry. Maybe the extra shot was excessive, maybe it wasn't. I wasn't there, and nobody was.