ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

petegz28 05-13-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8613277)
Yeah it's not like this at all.

Well I know that she doesn't go to the House of the Undying under the circumstances that she is, or at least I don't remember that. And I don't remember a mass murder of the 13 but something seems to tug at me saying that may have happened. I might have to go back and re-read book two in spots.

AndChiefs 05-13-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8613286)
Well I know that she doesn't go to the House of the Undying under the circumstances that she is, or at least I don't remember that. And I don't remember a mass murder of the 13 but something seems to tug at me saying that may have happened. I might have to go back and re-read book two in spots.

I don't believe the 13 died either. But i'm pretty much okay with the direction. She was going to be going to the House of Undying anyways. They're just spicing it up for TV.

KcMizzou 05-13-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8613281)
I'm having a hard time watching this show. It seems nothing has happened. I'm on season 2, episode 4. I was pretty pumped at the end of season 1
Spoiler!
but I have to force myself to pay attention to this show, I fall asleep half the time or start playing on my phone cause I'm hella bored.

This show is not for you. It's not all dragons melting faces.

petegz28 05-13-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8613290)
I don't believe the 13 died either. But i'm pretty much okay with the direction. She was going to be going to the House of Undying anyways. They're just spicing it up for TV.

Yeah I am ok with the storyline and all just didn't recall it happening that way.

Bump 05-13-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8613298)
This show is not for you. It's not all dragons melting faces.

I guess not

but it has been 1.5 seasons and nothing has really happened. Should I have read the books?

petegz28 05-13-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8613281)
I'm having a hard time watching this show. It seems nothing has happened. I'm on season 2, episode 4. I was pretty pumped at the end of season 1
Spoiler!
but I have to force myself to pay attention to this show, I fall asleep half the time or start playing on my phone cause I'm hella bored.

Ok since this is the spoiler thread I am going to tell you now...

Spoiler!

petegz28 05-13-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8613310)
I guess not

but it has been 1.5 seasons and nothing has really happened. Should I have read the books?

Yes, there are tons of storylines going on and tons more to come. Just keep in mind the actual title of the series of books is "A Song of Ice and Fire", not Game of Thrones. That is just the title of the first book.

Bump 05-13-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8613314)
Ok since this is the spoiler thread I am going to tell you now...

Spoiler!

ok, fine. But they did make it seem on the season 1 finale that it was gonna be like "OH SHIT, BITCH GOT DRAGONS, BETTER WATCH THE **** OUT"

KcMizzou 05-13-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8613310)

:facepalm:

Bump 05-13-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8613329)
:facepalm:

here is what I've gathered. Granted I was really stoned during each viewing

Spoiler!

petegz28 05-13-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8613324)
ok, fine. But they did make it seem on the season 1 finale that it was gonna be like "OH SHIT, BITCH GOT DRAGONS, BETTER WATCH THE **** OUT"

And that is still a valid point but you have to consider it is 5 books and we are on book 2. The Dragons have to grow up. Bitch does have dragons and they will play a part but no one knows what that is as of yet.

Bump 05-13-2012 08:32 PM

Ok, I think I went in expecting stuff to be like the video games I've played, like Skyrim or something. I'll try to be a little more patient. Boy, that midget sure can act, huh?

petegz28 05-13-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8613340)
here is what I've gathered. Granted I was really stoned during each viewing

Spoiler!

I think you are missing a lot of what has happened. First off Ned Stark was not a King. King Robert is called "the Userper" by several for fighing against Daenerys's father. So "honorable" is a matter of perspective. Secondly "the midget" was sent to King's Landing to control the King and his sister because the little inbred **** is ****ing everything up.

Thirdly and I will put this as a spoiler..

Spoiler!

petegz28 05-13-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8613344)
Ok, I think I went in expecting stuff to be like the video games I've played, like Skyrim or something. I'll try to be a little more patient. Boy, that midget sure can act, huh?

Just one more spoiler so you understand the entire concept.

Spoiler!

Sfeihc 05-13-2012 08:54 PM

It's like a fine wine, the books and the series keep getting better with each episode and page. I'm about 100 pages into "Storm of Swords" and can't wait until I have the chance to read more.