ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ***Official 2012-13 Mizzou football repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256647)

Frazod 05-08-2012 09:49 AM

Has anybody heard anything about when replicas of the new jerseys will go on sale? Haven't seen anything on the official site or ebay.

Pitt Gorilla 05-10-2012 01:01 AM

Awesome.

http://mls2go.smugmug.com/Other/New-...7XXQ#!p=1&n=12

kcchiefsus 05-10-2012 07:47 AM

Four * Iowa OT Jake Campos committed to Missouri.

eazyb81 05-10-2012 07:49 AM

The SEC is going to kill our recruiting.

duncan_idaho 05-10-2012 07:53 AM

I am seeing reports that Jake Campos, 4-star OT from Iowa, has joined the commit club.Just a huge get (this kid grew up a huge Cyclone fan and apparently love Rhoads) and hopefully a sign of the impact the SEC move can have on Missouri recruiting the local areas.

Missouri is building a REALLY strong OL class. A few thoughts on that:

OT Jake Campos - big and athletic, it wouldn't surprise me if he plays either T or G in college. Got a shot to be a Rivals 250 kid/go to one of the premier all-star games.Similar player to...

OTs Harneet Gill and Clay Rhodes - to me, these are very similar guys. They're tall, rangy and athletic, and LEAN. Gill has GREAT feet. Key is if they can retain the quickness/athletic ability when they add 40 pounds.

C Alec Abeln - They like his size, intelligence and ability to snap the ball. They seem to have altered their recruiting a bit, to ensure they don't have a snap situation like they did a year ago.

They probably still have a spot open for Zach Hannon, who is seen as a G, if he wants it.

Really exciting time, though. OL recruiting is at another level, it seems. Having Andy Bauer - a likely Rivals 100 and possibly Rivals 50 guy - already on board for 2014 is a great start to that class. Need to add to it with Braden Smith...

Frazod 05-10-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8606462)
The SEC is going to kill our recruiting.

We're doomed! LMAO

Saul Good 05-10-2012 08:22 AM

Did we just move into the heart of both Big Ten and Big Twelve country and snag a four star recruit right out from under them?

Pasta Little Brioni 05-10-2012 08:30 AM

Damn, SEC fever is running wild over the midwest ROFL Love it!

DJ's left nut 05-10-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8606501)
Did we just move into the heart of both Big Ten and Big Twelve country and snag a four star recruit right out from under them?

Surprised he didn't jump at that Kansas offer...

No, but seriously, I actually am surprised he passed on Iowa and Purdue. I would think an Iowa lineman leaving an Iowa offer on the table would be similar to a Pennsylvania linebacker not taking a Penn State offer (well, before Sandusky).

Pasta Little Brioni 05-10-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8606516)

No, but seriously, I actually am surprised he passed on Iowa and Purdue. I would think an Iowa lineman leaving an Iowa offer on the table would be similar to a Pennsylvania linebacker not taking a Penn State offer (well, before Sandusky).

Hey man, they have as good of facilities as anyone in the nation!! Who knows he might have fancied that track and always dreamed of running on it before a game some day :eek:

OmahaChief 05-10-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8600158)
Mizzou RB signee Morgan Steward posted a 10.44 in the 100 meters this past weekend.

SEC speed!

siberian khatru 05-10-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8606516)

Especially when Grunhard flashed those AFC West title rings from the 90s.

Saul Good 05-10-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8606523)
Hey man, they have as good of facilities as anyone in the nation!! Who knows he might have fancied that track and always dreamed of running on it before a game some day :eek:

In fairness, Mizzou has a shitty track, too.

Trevo_410 05-10-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8606311)

TBQH I think we need to pick one helmet style after this year and stick with it.

I'm starting to like them large tigerhead ones though. It seems as though the black on it matches the black on our unis. It might not be a "traditional" style helmet, but why should we want to be traditional if we're trying to make our own brand? We're not no bama, lsu, georgia, texas, oklahoma, etc... We need ot make our own type of "classic" identity by sticking with one and not alternating. I will not support a oregon/maryland/okie lite school. Also, I hate the frickin tiger oval:mad:

talastan 05-10-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevo_410 (Post 8606547)
TBQH I think we need to pick one helmet style after this year and stick with it.

I'm starting to like them large tigerhead ones though. It seems as though the black on it matches the black on our unis. It might not be a "traditional" style helmet, but why should we want to be traditional if we're trying to make our own brand? We're not no bama, lsu, georgia, texas, oklahoma, etc... We need ot make our own type of "classic" identity by sticking with one and not alternating. I will not support a oregon/maryland/okie lite school. Also, I hate the frickin tiger oval:mad:

I have to agree with you. The flat black/grey helmet and unis are awesome. I think the militaristic look of them would be great come game day.