ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KC signs Gaither (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248361)

LOCOChief 08-12-2011 09:54 AM

Roaf had injuries and was presumed to be on the second half of his career.

I guess we'll see, but others have seen som potential and ability in this kid.

The Franchise 08-12-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 7819157)
Albert is improving alright. He gave up 7.5 sacks his second year in this system, compared to 9 his first year under Haley. 1.5 sack improvement in a year when we played some of the worst teams in the league, with jack for pass rushers. Those 1.5 less sacks allowed probably had more to do with QB play than anything. Just think, if Zorn can improve Cassel's awareness like he trying to do, he may only give up 6 this year.

LT's main job is to protect the most important player on the team. Albert can run block like a boss, but he can't protect the QB.

Here.....let me go ahead and show you something.

Quote:

Cassel is improving alright. He threw 27 TD his second year in this system, compared to 16 his first year under Haley. 11 TD improvement in a year when we played some of the worst teams in the league when it came to pass defense. Those 11 TDs thrown probably had more to do with Dwayne Bowe than anything. Just think, if Zorn can improve Cassel's awareness like he trying to do, he may throw 27 again this year.

Funny how that works....huh?

Brock 08-12-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7819332)
Here.....let me go ahead and show you something.

Funny how that works....huh?

LMAO

ChiefsCountry 08-12-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 7819134)
**** YOU! Prove otherwise. Guy has the "potental" to be a LT, mainly b/c he looks like a LT, he just doesnt have the ability.

Doesn't have the ability, you are ****ing stupid. He has played well against some of the best pass rushers in the NFL. Also your little sack argument is funny considering some of the other top young left tackles such as Clady and Sam Baker have almost identical numbers.

Micjones 08-12-2011 10:07 AM

Gotta love the argument that Cassel's numbers improved only because of the weak schedule.
Not like we played a weak schedule in 2009 too.

The Franchise 08-12-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7819355)
Gotta love the argument that Cassel's numbers improved only because of the weak schedule.
Not like we played a weak schedule in 2009 too.

:facepalm:

BigRichard 08-12-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7818764)
just quit.

Most of the people that wanted nothing to do with the trade in the first place (myself included) had plenty of reasons of why that was the case.

It was just history repeating itself and we all know how that ended up over and over.

After last year, most of us have went to "lets wait and see what he can do against a schedule we will face year in and year out if he is the real deal before crowning him"

I think thats being cautiously optimistic and fair.

You, on the other hand, were slobbing his knob months before he played anything close to "respectable" and act like you should be credited for it over and over.

Its blind homerism at its worst.

Its looking at a run by Thomas Jones that goes for 8 yards and wanting to crown his ass and clowning others that say "Charles would have taken that one for 6"

Some of us watch more combined games of other teams than Chiefs games, but NEVER miss a snap of a Chiefs game as well.

Thats why we look at a play that Cassel dumped off for a 12 yard gain and :facepalm: him...because if he was truly a franchise quarterback, he would have seen the open guy for a 30 yard gain...meanwhile you are in a gamethread pointing out how great it was for you to say Cassel was gonna be great when he was 2 years old because of that 12 yard dump off pass.

If Cassel takes a sack on a play that lasted 6 or 7 seconds.. to you, its not his fault, "its the lines responsibility to protect him"...or some other BS...other of us see the play in its entirety and see how much is being lost.

"The receivers werent getting open" was routinely claimed after the playoff game by you and others...truth is they WERE GETTING OPEN and our receivers had a huge size advantage over all of their corners and we didnt even try. Not one pass to Bowe even though he was given a 10 yard cushion most the game and broke open on a long pattern without Cassel even giving him a look.

Our second best playmaker on offense didnt even get a single pass thrown his way...thats inexcusable on that stage.

Period.

Now, here we are.

A few short weeks away from facing a tough schedule that will likely tell the story of Cassels true development thus far.

If he takes us to the playoffs with this schedule and plays well in the postseason, he will have changed the majority of us "haters" into believers due to the production on the stage.

Now, go ahead and dance around and act like a fool, we are accustomed to it.

:thumb:

Micjones 08-12-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7819365)
:facepalm:

Eloquent.

I'll wait for you to counter with a list of the elite teams we played in 2009.
Won't take long. There were 3. We played 9 games against teams that finished with sub-.500 records.

Back to last year...
I know, I know...we drew the NFC West...posting big numbers in the passing game against a historically miserable division should've been automatic, right? WRONG. Rivers, the QB unanimously held as the best in the AFC West, played those same four teams...and posted inferior numbers. As did Orton. As did Campbell (though he only played 3 of the 4 NFC-W teams).

Chris Meck 08-12-2011 10:42 AM

As usual, Saccoshit, banging the drum. Also as usual, totally and completely wrong.

This is so NOT a desperation move, and so IS a typical Pioli move. BIG upside, low risk.

When healthy and properly motivated, Gaither could be all world. If not, no big deal. It's not like we spent a ton of money on him, or drafted him in the first round. He's just a young, talented player with some health question marks that we took a flyer on. How is that desperate? I would call it desperate if we signed a couple of tackles in the first few hours of free agency to big deals. This? Not desperate at all. Smart.

The Franchise 08-12-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7819442)
Eloquent.

Won't take long. There were 3. We played 9 games against teams that finished with sub-.500 records.

Back to last year...
I know, I know...we drew the NFC West...posting big numbers in the passing game against a historically miserable division should've been automatic, right? WRONG. Rivers, the QB unanimously held as the best in the AFC West, played those same four teams...and posted inferior numbers. As did Orton. As did Campbell (though he only played 3 of the 4 NFC-W teams).

It was a ****ing joke dude.....JFC.

Micjones 08-12-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7819451)

Riiiiiiight.

Sofa King 08-12-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7819451)

I don't blame him. This might be the first joke i've ever seen from you.

The Franchise 08-12-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7819458)
Riiiiiiight.

Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.

Brock 08-12-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7819442)
Eloquent.

Back to last year...

You missed the point. Some guy was jawing about how Branden Albert gave up a bunch of sacks against a weak schedule.

beach tribe 08-12-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 7819255)
Maybe someone addressed this but does anyone see some Roaf similarities to this signing and guy? I do.

Blasphemous.

Let's just hope his back is OK, and he's better than B Rich.