ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

KC_Connection 04-23-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8560259)
Tyrion gets to verbally dismantle an average of about one minor character per episode now, which I totally support. Dinklage is amazing to watch, and he totally deserves the Emmys and the top billing.

No doubt. He's been stealing scenes for 14 episodes now.

MMXcalibur 04-23-2012 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8560259)
Tyrion gets to verbally dismantle an average of about one minor character per episode now, which I totally support. Dinklage is amazing to watch, and he totally deserves the Emmys and the top billing.

I caught myself fistpumping when Tyrion walked in on Joffrey's acts towards Sansa. ROFL

Still wondering what in the **** I just watched at the end though... :spock:

OmahaChief 04-23-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8558043)
so is this show good? I just ordered HBO for the HBO GO on xbox. They have all of the shows from every season. Was gonna start with this, The Wire, Oz, Deadwood or Carnivale. I haven't seen any of those. I'm leaning towards The Wire though.

In order of greatness...

The Wire
Oz
Deadwood
Carinvale

Had Deadwood lasted longer I would hated rated it about Oz. Deadwoods best beats Oz best though. Carnivale was cut short but was a brillant show, extremely odd but the characters were rich and deep and the thought provoking storyline keep my interested.

Another show that ended too early was Rome. It had so much promise but ended after a two year run.

NewChief 04-23-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 8560271)
I caught myself fistpumping when Tyrion walked in on Joffrey's acts towards Sansa. ROFL

Still wondering what in the **** I just watched at the end though... :spock:

Just walked in to work, and I heard a kid entering the building mumbling under his breath, "I... just... don't get it... he's the Lord of Light... but that thing was shadow...." LMAO

AndChiefs 04-23-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8560302)
Just walked in to work, and I heard a kid entering the building mumbling under his breath, "I... just... don't get it... he's the Lord of Light... but that thing was shadow...." LMAO

Did you tell him that shadow can't exist without light?

Pasta Little Brioni 04-23-2012 06:39 AM

...and the ending gets us to my least favorite part of the book.

Ugh. Hate that part about birthing a shadow :whackit:

Oh well, at least it rebounds strongly RATHER quickly.

allen_kcCard 04-23-2012 06:43 AM

Yeah, that part turned off my wife and her friend that watchs with us. They said dragons and white walkers are something they can deal with....birthing black ooze that stands up wierded them out.

eazyb81 04-23-2012 06:48 AM

Interesting episode, but this season seems to be moving sloooooow.

How crazy will it be if Arya ends up being some sort of apprentice for Tywin.

Swanman 04-23-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8560322)
Interesting episode, but this season seems to be moving sloooooow.

How crazy will it be if Arya ends up being some sort of apprentice for Tywin.

Don't worry, it will pick up, and most likely with this next episode and for the rest of the season. Then when they start with Storm of Swords next season, that book was at breakneck speed from beginning to end.

Los Pollos Hermanos 04-23-2012 07:40 AM

My favorite line was, "There's no cure being a ****".

vailpass 04-23-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 8558743)
My friend told me, "If you haven't watched The Wire, you're seeing the world in only black & white. If you have watched it, you can see the world in color."

Uh...ok. Or, your friend could leave the house every now and then.

Buck 04-23-2012 01:54 PM

Did anyone else think that the one whore was going to penetrate the other whore with that stag staff?

Fire Me Boy! 04-23-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8560947)
Did anyone else think that the one whore was going to penetrate the other whore with that stag staff?

Yes, and I was afraid. I was actually relieved she just beat her with it.

KC_Connection 04-23-2012 02:00 PM

Jack Gleeson plays a ridiculously evil character in Joffrey very well.

KC_Connection 04-23-2012 02:01 PM

There hasn't been much Jaime Lannister this season yet either. I guess with him being locked up by Robb there wouldn't be. He was a very interesting character last season, though.