ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260011)

CoMoChief 08-30-2012 11:42 AM

I'll prob puss out and end up buying this game.

I swear to God though, if it's anything like last year's game......I'm gonna snap.

A Salt Weapon 08-30-2012 08:54 PM

I'm trying to make this game as realistic as possible, but no matter what I do I can't make the refs throw non stop bs flags against the chiefs on every play.
Posted via Mobile Device

Urc Burry 08-30-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8864683)
I'll prob puss out and end up buying this game.

I swear to God though, if it's anything like last year's game......I'm gonna snap.

Be prepared to be disappointed. Same exact game.

Unsmooth-Moment 08-30-2012 09:38 PM

Operationsports has some pretty good sliders for a more realistic game play.

royr17 08-30-2012 09:55 PM

I hate it that they took out the franchise mode and replaced it with connected careers. Always something.

QuikSsurfer 08-30-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 8867231)
I hate it that they took out the franchise mode and replaced it with connected careers. Always something.

What? No franchise/Season mode??

royr17 08-30-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8867240)
What? No franchise/Season mode??

Nope only connected career modes. You can be either a player or a coach. If you choose to be a player its like superstar mode but if u choose a coach i guess its just like the franchise mode, but you cant load a edited roster into either mode or edit your players. It's a big no no that they took away from it, if they was going to go a different route on modes they could have at least left in bein able to load a edited roster and able to edit the players like change equipment and numbers. I like this years game but this is one part of it that i hate.

lcarus 08-30-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17 (Post 8867250)
Nope only connected career modes. You can be either a player or a coach. If you choose to be a player its like superstar mode but if u choose a coach i guess its just like the franchise mode, but you cant load a edited roster into either mode or edit your players. It's a big no no that they took away from it, if they was going to go a different route on modes they could have at least left in bein able to load a edited roster and able to edit the players like change equipment and numbers. I like this years game but this is one part of it that i hate.

Yeah I like to change a players position sometimes an I don't think you can do it this year. Not 100% sure on that bu so far I haven't been able to.

royr17 08-30-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8867294)
Yeah I like to change a players position sometimes an I don't think you can do it this year. Not 100% sure on that bu so far I haven't been able to.

You can to setup your own roster to just play a game but you cant do on the connected career modes. I hope they add to the connected career mode next year, add in the features that they took away from the game this year as i mentioned in the previous post bout using edited rosters and changed equipment and positions.

-King- 08-30-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8864326)
I do love how you can throw a reciever open.

I had baldwin running a post to the right sideline with a defender manning up on him and no safety.

I hit the button and held up and it lead the pass towards the endzone for an easy score.

I don't get it. I've seen this mentioned a lot of times on a few boards. Haven't we ALWAYS been able to do that?

A Salt Weapon 08-30-2012 11:49 PM

Yep same old shit game. Just stepped it up to all-madden. Instead of having the comp play better they just get more fluke shit in their favor. Down by three facing 4th and 27, do they kick a 45y field goal to tie? Nope screen pass with 3-5 broken tackles for the first. Next play wide open rec, 10y td.
Posted via Mobile Device

Aspengc8 08-31-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8867349)
I don't get it. I've seen this mentioned a lot of times on a few boards. Haven't we ALWAYS been able to do that?

No. In previous maddens, the left stick was "precision passing". So with his example, holding up on the left stick would attempt to throw a "high" pass, ie trying to make them go up and get it.

Now if you hold up, it throws them down field. Example: Right slot receiver is running a 15 yard deep corner. After he breaks toward the corner, if you hold up & throw, you lead him down field and he will actually round his route off and break down field.

QuikSsurfer 08-31-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8867349)

Not since the NFL2k series

-King- 08-31-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8867597)
No. In previous maddens, the left stick was "precision passing". So with his example, holding up on the left stick would attempt to throw a "high" pass, ie trying to make them go up and get it.

Now if you hold up, it throws them down field. Example: Right slot receiver is running a 15 yard deep corner. After he breaks toward the corner, if you hold up & throw, you lead him down field and he will actually round his route off and break down field.

Hmmm. Sounds kind of cool. Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bump 08-31-2012 10:14 AM

could you imagine what 2K sports could have done with football games after all of this time if they were allowed to compete in this market and not just be forced to go out of business so one company can become a monopoly, which is supposed to be illegal in this country? what good are rights if people can't stand up for them.