ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****Official 2012 CP Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256626)

DaKCMan AP 03-08-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8431065)
Because he's slow.

Are you just butthurt because he abused the Nubs for 148yds and TD despite not playing the 4th quarter?

RealSNR 03-08-2012 09:14 PM

It's way too early to be picking from this crop of crap QBs. Way too ****ing early.

I could understand the Tannehill pick just because that high ceiling of his isn't an absolute pipe dream. He's the definition of fixer-upper. With Foles and Osweiler you didn't buy fixer-uppers. You bought good land and a nice location with god awful money pits sitting on top.

Osweiler's inaccuracy, poor judgment, and sloppy footwork require YEARS of constant attention and coaching. No team, not even the Eagles are going to give him the benefit of the doubt even in riding the pine after the second year. Better prospects will be investigated, other QBs will be brought in, and Osweiler's os will be out the door (see what I did there?) before you know it.

You take a guy like him in the 5th round at the EARLIEST in case you get lucky and the real Brock Osweiler is returned by the aliens who abducted him, and he's actually got the skills to play QB in the NFL. Not in the 2nd though.

Titty Meat 03-08-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8431072)
He didn't work out at the combine at all. Does that mean he can't jump or catch, too?

He never showed speed while playing at USC.

DaKCMan AP 03-08-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8431122)
He never showed speed while playing at USC.

That's not his game. He's not a 4.3 burner. He's a big, physical receiver with excellent hands and adequate speed. When you're 6'3" 216 you don't need to run a 4.3 or 4.4. IMO, he's a Dwayne Bowe (maybe a tad less physical) with better hands. Bowe ran a 4.51 and that's around where I expect Jeffery to run.

DaKCMan AP 03-08-2012 09:32 PM

By the way, nfldraftscout has the following 40 times listed:

Justin Blackmon 4.54
Kendall Wright 4.61
Alshon Jeffery 4.56
Michael Floyd 4.47
Rueben Randle 4.55
Mohamed Sanu 4.67

BossChief 03-08-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8429565)
If there's a mod watching this, could they please change BossChief's name to BossReach?

I know, but at least that's what I'm advertising the picks as and the upside is there for both players.

Going into last year, I thought Foles had a chance to be the second qb off the board and if he had a defense, he would have won a ****ton more games and would be looked at differently. Not trying to make excuses, the kid made mistakes that cost his team games, but he was also the only reason they were even in most of their games.

Upshaw is a special type of player that I think is underrated a lot.

But, yeah both are probably "reaches" as far as popular draft value goes.

Direckshun 03-08-2012 09:44 PM

I don't mind the Foles pick too much. I think he's underrated.

He's battle tested and has been the man for years. He's also had to carry his shit team against good competition.

I think he can make noise in the right situation. I'm not sure if Miami's that place, though. That place can't coach quarterbacks for shit.

If Miami was going to reach for a QB, better to do it for a guy who is pretty much going to be what you want the day you draft him. Kirk Cousins.

Titty Meat 03-08-2012 09:44 PM

Is there really such a thing as a reach in early March? It's not like Boss selected a guy with a 3rd round grade in the first.

Titty Meat 03-08-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8431210)
I don't mind the Foles pick too much. I think he's underrated.

He's battle tested and has been the man for years. He's also had to carry his shit team against good competition.

I think he can make noise in the right situation. I'm not sure if Miami's that place, though. That place can't coach quarterbacks for shit.

If Miami was going to reach for a QB, better to do it for a guy who is pretty much going to be what you want the day you draft him. Kirk Cousins.

You don't think Philbin and Sherman can coach QB's? I disagree. Foles would be a good fit in Miami.

jd1020 03-08-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8431170)
By the way, nfldraftscout has the following 40 times listed:

Justin Blackmon 4.54
Kendall Wright 4.61
Alshon Jeffery 4.56
Michael Floyd 4.47
Rueben Randle 4.55
Mohamed Sanu 4.67

I still don't believe that time.

Watching his 40 and using a stop watch I, and many others, timed low-mid 4.4's.

DJ's left nut 03-08-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8431022)
Michael Vick won't play forever, and he is pretty much a given to miss time every year. The Eagles did sign Trent Edwards, but want to draft Vick's eventual replacement. This is just about a perfect situation for a young QB - established starter, coach who has gotten good results from his QBs and runs a pass happy offense, and offensive weapons everywhere. With some time and work, this guy could turn into a damn good player. The physical tools are certainly there.

The Eagles select Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State

No !@#$ing way that just happened.

Okay, the "we need a QB" thing has officially made Chiefs fans reeruned. Brock Osweiler just went in the 2nd round to team that already had a legitimate starting QB. Hell, it wasn't even a guy like Cousins that could actually play next year, but rather a guy that won't be able to play for 3 but may desperately need to be ready next season.

I think Reachmaqe just got let off the hook for his Mercilus pick.

The Franchise 03-08-2012 10:13 PM

Annnnnnnnnd no one remembers my 49ers pick. Thanks doomy.

Lono 03-08-2012 10:19 PM

The Jets addressed a significant need in the first round on offense. This time they pick up a big time position of need that some might think is a bit of a reach. There aren't very many quality safeties in this draft so the Jets pick one when they can. With the 47th pick in the 2012 draft the New York Jets pick Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame

doomy3 03-08-2012 10:26 PM

LMAO

Wow, you guys really didn't like that pick. I realize I'm probably higher than most here on Osweiler, but the kid has huge physical upside. I think he will be a second round pick in the real draft, so I don't think it was some massive reach.

And I do think a team like the Eagles are a perfect spot for him and anticipate them spending a pick in the top 3 rounds on the position this year.

We'll see though.

doomy3 03-08-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8431281)
No !@#$ing way that just happened.

Okay, the "we need a QB" thing has officially made Chiefs fans reeruned. Brock Osweiler just went in the 2nd round to team that already had a legitimate starting QB. Hell, it wasn't even a guy like Cousins that could actually play next year, but rather a guy that won't be able to play for 3 but may desperately need to be ready next season.

I think Reachmaqe just got let off the hook for his Mercilus pick.

This post doesn't even make sense to me. This is similar to the Mallet pick for NE last year, IMO. And a guy who may desperately need to be ready? Why? I didn't draft him to be a backup to Vick. That's why they signed Edwards. I drafted him to be a potential replacement.