ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Are "Begging" To Get Out Of 1st Pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272119)

RunKC 04-15-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9590527)
Dorsey said it, was it right before or after the combine? There isn't a consensus choice by everyone through out the league who is the best QB in this draft.

The only place where there is a majority is CP.

Absolutely right.

mcaj22 04-15-2013 09:29 PM

the teams that filled voids with crappy veteran QBs, (Bills, Oakland, Arizona) all desperately need and are in the starting LT race, maybe not Oakland since they have the hulk, who might be too big/slow for LT, and more suited as a huge RT, but can play there, but Arizona has to protect their immobile veteran QB with a new LT and Buffalo needs help at o-line everywhere

our biggest selling point to the market to dangle the #1 seed is saying to teams they have their pick of Joeckel or Fisher, but I think teams are going to hold us hostage, force us to pick and if the Chiefs dont pick either, than both of them are sitting at #2 or #3 and that makes it more attractive for a team to pick.

So we kind of have to threaten the market that we will take Joeckel or Fisher, in fear that only one of them will be left at 2 or 3.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590519)
Joe Kruger.

I think he's got a real future in an attacking 34 like Sutton is going to run.

Dude has a high motor, high athleticism, good instincts, plays nasty and strong.

I'd love to see him on this team.

Yeah, my fault.

I think he could bulk up and play the 5 tech, with Richardson at the 3, and Poe at NT.

Jackson, Devito, Kruger, Poe, Powe, Richardson, and Richard Seymour would be a great rotation.

BossChief 04-15-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9590277)
If Geno is Luck why does nobody want the #1 Pick?

Luck had a history of a pro style offense with pro style coaching, showed on tape that he was a consistently good runner of the ball when his receivers were covered and understood the game/pro concepts better than nearly any qb of recent memory.

Geno comes from a gimmick air raid offense that didn't utilize under center formations much, he refused to fully utilize his physical skill set to it's utmost potential by not running with the ball enough to take advantage of defenses keying on the short passing game and had a couple bad games against ranked opponents coughpeytonmanningcough.

Let me ask you this...

If Geno Smith went to Stanford...how much different would his perception be as a prospect?

When Geno went to WV, they ran a pro style offense and he EXCELLED at it...through no fault of his, they moved to an air raid pistol and spread formations and he destroyed worlds with it.

If he would have been able to stay in a pro style offense his whole college career, who knows what happens.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9590549)
Luck had a history of a pro style offense with pro style coaching, showed on tape that he was a consistently good runner of the ball when his receivers were covered and understood the game/pro concepts better than nearly any qb of recent memory.

Geno comes from a gimmick air raid offense that didn't utilize under center formations much, he refused to fully utilize his physical skill set to it's utmost potential by not running with the ball enough to take advantage of defenses keying on the short passing game and had a couple bad games against ranked opponents coughpeytonmanningcough.

Let me ask you this...

If Geno Smith went to Stanford...how much different would his perception be as a prospect?

When Geno went to WV, they ran a pro style offense and he EXCELLED at it...through no fault of his, they moved to an air raid pistol and spread formations and he destroyed worlds with it.

If he would have been able to stay in a pro style offense his whole college career, who knows what happens.

Or if he just would have played well in big games maybe things would be different.

mcaj22 04-15-2013 09:32 PM

where are we getting Richard Seymour and with what money

is he going to play for free? did i miss something

O.city 04-15-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9590555)
where are we getting Richard Seymour and with what money

is he going to play for free? did i miss something

I dont' know where the money is coming from for these LB's we just signed, so **** it, he'll come on the cheap.

penbrook 04-15-2013 09:33 PM

Dorsey has said he hasnt ruled out Geno. The only person they met with for a TWO DAY visit was Geno.

He compared Geno to the Rodgers situation. The way I see it is that Clark and Dorsey have a hard on for Geno while Reid has a hard on for Alex Smith and a bag of Cheetos.

keg in kc 04-15-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590554)
Or if he just would have played well in big games maybe things would be different.

He was awful in the Orange Bowl.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:34 PM

Your and idiot.

mcaj22 04-15-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590559)
I dont' know where the money is coming from for these LB's we just signed, so **** it, he'll come on the cheap.

these crappy LBers come cheap, like NFL bare minimum barely make the final 53 man roster cheap. Richard Seymour will cost millions even for 1 year.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590481)
No it's not.

23 teams didn't think that Rogers was worth a first round pick. And I guarantee you that all 23 of those teams would give their left nut to have him now.

If you are suggesting that there is a reason why we aren't getting offers of multiple first rounders for Geno, it's because teams don't think that he's worth that much. Same as Rogers not being worth a first rounder to those 23 teams.

I don't see how you can say "bullshit" to that.

I can say "Bullshit" because they're completely different players with completely different circumstances.

JFC.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9590564)
He was awful in the Orange Bowl.

Sure. He was great in that game.

When the pressure was on and he was the Heisman shoe in, things went downhill. It is what it is.

penbrook 04-15-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590559)

True. Seems like Dorsey keeps signing players and he gets this money where. Who knows whats next Charles Woodson and Bart Scott.

B14ckmon 04-15-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9590562)
Dorsey has said he hasnt ruled out Geno. The only person they met with for a TWO DAY visit was Geno.

He compared Geno to the Rodgers situation. The way I see it is that Clark and Dorsey have a hard on for Geno while Reid has a hard on for Alex Smith and a bag of Cheetos.

Why are you so reeruned. Serious question.