ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

Sorter 02-18-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9412776)
Claiborne can barely read and had like a 6 on the wonderlic. Milliner is a better overall prospect and I don't think it's close.

I don't know about that. IIRC, he said he viewed the Wonderlic as a waste of time and literally just started bubbling in answers.

Saccopoo 02-18-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9412651)
Who says it even has to be a trade for a QB? Maybe the Eagles get worried the Raiders will take Joeckel.

http://static.themetapicture.com/med...l-laughing.gif

The Eagles are switching to a 34. The only way they take Joeckel is if the Raiders take Lotulelei. And the Raiders and Jacksonville pass rush are so abyssmal that there is virtually no way that they don't take either Moore or Werner. And they would probably take Milliner before they took Joeckel. And there is the sentiment that the kid out of Central Michigan might even go ahead of Joeckel at this point. And if a guy from Central ****ing Michigan is going ahead of you, or even getting mentioned of possibly going ahead of you, let's face facts - Joeckel isn't a guy you really want to draft at #1 overall. And Roaf and Munoz want you to know how much being the best offensive tackle in the NFL means in terms of winning playoff games.

The Chiefs could potentially trade with the Eagles so that they take Lotulelei ahead of the Raiders, but then Jacksonville or the Raiders could very likely take Geno at that point.

O.city 02-18-2013 03:12 PM

So a team is going to trade from wherever they are, to 1, for Milliner? Really?

B14ckmon 02-18-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9412868)
http://static.themetapicture.com/med...l-laughing.gif

The Eagles are switching to a 34. The only way they take Joeckel is if the Raiders take Lotulelei. And the Raiders and Jacksonville pass rush are so abyssmal that there is virtually no way that they don't take either Moore or Werner. And they would probably take Milliner before they took Joeckel. And there is the sentiment that the kid out of Central Michigan might even go ahead of Joeckel at this point. And if a guy from Central ****ing Michigan is going ahead of you, or even getting mentioned of possibly going ahead of you, let's face facts - Joeckel isn't a guy you really want to draft at #1 overall. And Roaf and Munoz want you to know how much being the best offensive tackle in the NFL means in terms of winning playoff games.

The Chiefs could potentially trade with the Eagles so that they take Lotulelei ahead of the Raiders, but then Jacksonville or the Raiders could very likely take Geno at that point.

Spoiler Alert: Jaguars are switching to a 3-4/4-3 LEO. So expect the Werner/Moore talk to disappear once more people realize this.

Jordan/Mingo/Star are the only legit candidates.

Saccopoo 02-18-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9412690)
Don't be stubborn. If a team will trade to 3 for a RUNNING BACK (a position of low importance), they will trade to 1 for a left tackle or pass rusher.

Considering that Moore, Mingo and Jordan are virtually clones of one another, and that Werner and Montgomery are both studs as well as having Jones in the mix, I seriously, seriously doubt that anyone is going to move up in this draft for a pass rusher. There is a ton of pass rushers in this draft.

Fisher and Joeckel are both similar players with the same caveat - they are both going to require a serious learning curve to come up to speed to the NFL level. They are three to four years out from contributing at a high level in the NFL - if they ever get to that level at all. (Considering that many people consider Matthews a better tackle prospect than Joeckel is telling in itself. Personally, I'd much rather have Barrett Jones in the later first, early second than Joeckel in the top five.)

Sorter 02-18-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9412877)
Spoiler Alert: Jaguars are switching to a 3-4/4-3 LEO. So expect the Werner/Moore talk to disappear once more people realize this.

Jordan/Mingo/Star are the only legit candidates.

The LEO is a position...the Jags are switching to a 4-3 under base front that utilizes 1 player playing 2-gap in the 4tech with the shaded NT occasionally playing 2g, with the others playing 1 gap from the 3 and 9 tech(your LEO)

Moore, Jordan, Mingo, Star, Richardson, Floyd, should all be in the mix if they choose to focus on their front at 1.2

B14ckmon 02-18-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9412914)
The LEO is a position...the Jags are switching to a 4-3 under base front that utilizes 1 player playing 2-gap in the 4tech with the shaded NT occasionally playing 2g, with the others playing 1 gap from the 3 and 9 tech(your LEO)

Moore, Jordan, Mingo, Star, Richardson, Floyd, should all be in the mix if they choose to focus on their front at 1.2

Yes, obviously LEO is a position. But if they are going to have rotating LEO's for pass rushing, Jordan and Mingo are probably the most explosive.

O.city 02-18-2013 03:35 PM

Seems more teams are thinking Jordan would be a better 34 OLB at this point. I think Mingo ends up being that guy.

Sorter 02-18-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9412945)
Yes, obviously LEO is a position. But if they are going to have rotating LEO's for pass rushing, Jordan and Mingo are probably the most explosive.

Then why did you say that the Jags were switching to a position rather than the base front they're going to run?

B14ckmon 02-18-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9412961)
Then why did you say that the Jags were switching to a position rather than the base front they're going to run?

I never said they were switching to a position. I said they are switching to a 3-4/4-3 LEO, by which I meant a hybrid defense with a LEO.

BossChief 02-18-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9412976)
I never said they were switching to a position. I said they are switching to a 3-4/4-3 LEO, by which I meant a hybrid defense with a LEO.

Sure you did.

BossChief 02-18-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9412871)
So a team is going to trade from wherever they are, to 1, for Milliner? Really?

I doubt it, but it's possible.

Only 16 teams stayed put last year and picked at their original position and Andy Reid moved around A LOT in the drafts he ran.

O.city 02-18-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9413014)
I doubt it, but it's possible.

Only 16 teams stayed put last year and picked at their original position.

Well, they weren't trading to 1. The cost of it would likely sway most.

To go from say 10 to 1 would cost quite a bit. Is Milliner worth that?

B14ckmon 02-18-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9413004)
Sure you did.

Sure did. Thanks bruh.

Sorter 02-18-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9413020)
Well, they weren't trading to 1. The cost of it would likely sway most.

To go from say 10 to 1 would cost quite a bit. Is Milliner worth that?

**** no. I like the kid and he does a great job IMO in run support (which isn't a huge factor but should be acknowledged anyways) and is solid about getting his head turned around and playing the ball.

However, he's a 1 year starter with non-elite physical skills who really isn't shut down corner. IMO, he isn't even close to Patrick Peterson.