ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

B14ckmon 02-18-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9412516)
And who are they going to trade down with?

Teams trade up for QUARTERBACKS.

Sure. Someone could want to trade up to get Geno if they think the Raiders or Eagles would take him. Maybe the Browns.

htismaqe 02-18-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9412530)
Sure. Someone could want to trade up to get Geno if they think the Raiders or Eagles would take him. Maybe the Browns.

If Geno is worth that pick, the Chiefs aren't trading it.

BossChief 02-18-2013 01:16 PM

The Bills owners said he wants to move up for a QB.

I haven't heard of anyone else saying something like that.

B14ckmon 02-18-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9412534)
If Geno is worth that pick, the Chiefs aren't trading it.

Worth is an objective thing. What is worth it to the Browns, isn't necessarily worth it to Andy Reid. Especially if they get someone in FA or in a trade.

htismaqe 02-18-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9412538)
The Bills owners said he wants to move up for a QB.

I haven't heard of anyone else saying something like that.

The Bills GM has openly declared interest in Mike Glennon as well.

htismaqe 02-18-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9412543)
Worth is an objective thing. What is worth it to the Browns, isn't necessarily worth it to Andy Reid. Especially if they get someone in FA or in a trade.

ROFL

B14ckmon 02-18-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9412557)
ROFL

Am I wrong? Blaine Gabbert was worth trading up and taking at #10 to Gene Smith. Are you saying that means he was worth it to every other team in the league to take at #10?

htismaqe 02-18-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9412561)
Am I wrong? Blaine Gabbert was worth trading up and taking at #10 to Gene Smith. Are you saying that means he was worth it to every other team in the league to take at #10?

It's not even remotely the same situation.

The argument here is that the Chiefs HAVE to take another position because no QB in this draft is even REMOTELY CLOSE to being worth the #1 pick.

If a team is willing to trade up to #1 to get a QB, then the above statement is obviously false.

And therefore this idea of them taking anything but a QB is completely invalid.

B14ckmon 02-18-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9412566)
It's not even remotely the same situation.

The argument here is that the Chiefs HAVE to take another position because no QB in this draft is even REMOTELY CLOSE to being worth the #1 pick.

If a team is willing to trade up to #1 to get a QB, then the above statement is obviously false.

And therefore this idea of them taking anything but a QB is completely invalid.

Once again, you are assuming Reid doesn't go after someone with a trade or in FA.

htismaqe 02-18-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9412573)
Once again, you are assuming Reid doesn't go after someone with a trade or in FA.

Why would they go after a lesser option, like Alex Smith, if there's a QB available at #1 in the draft?

Basically your entire premise is built on the Chiefs just saying **** it, we lose, and going with Plan B before Plan A even plays out.

B14ckmon 02-18-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9412580)
Why would they go after a lesser option, like Alex Smith, if there's a QB available at #1 in the draft?

Basically your entire premise is built on the Chiefs just saying **** it, we lose, and going with Plan B before Plan A even plays out.

No. I am just an unbiased non Chief's fan who is able to see things clearly due to me not being positioned promptly on Geno Smith's dick.

You are biased. And it's ruining your ability to discuss the NFL draft intelligently.

htismaqe 02-18-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9412586)
No. I am just an unbiased non Chief's fan who is able to see things clearly due to me not being positioned promptly on Geno Smith's dick.

You are biased. And it's ruining your ability to discuss the NFL draft intelligently.

ROFL

You can't even keep your own argument straight. Your "logic" has the consistency of Silly Putty.

The REASON being given for why the Chiefs would acquire a QB via trade/FA and draft another position is because there's NO QB WORTH THE FIRST PICK, not in the Chiefs eyes, in ANYBODY'S EYES.

If another team wants to trade to #1 to DRAFT A QB, there absolutely IS a QB worth the 1st pick, BY DEFINITION.

Stop trying to change the argument or bog it down in silly semantics. The above spells it out clearly. Acknowledge it and move on.

B14ckmon 02-18-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9412593)
ROFL

You can't even keep your own argument straight. Your "logic" has the consistency of Silly Putty.

The REASON being given for why the Chiefs would acquire a QB via trade/FA and draft another position is because there's NO QB WORTH THE FIRST PICK, not in the Chiefs eyes, in ANYBODY'S EYES.

If another team wants to trade to #1 to DRAFT A QB, there absolutely IS a QB worth the 1st pick, BY DEFINITION.

Stop trying to change the argument or bog it down in silly semantics. The above spells it out clearly. Acknowledge it and move on.

The Chief's EYES are not the EYES of every other team needing a QB. So that entire point is moot. And if the Chiefs go for a QB in FA/Trade, it will happen BEFORE the draft.

You not wanting this to happen, is not the same thing as it being a possibility to happen.

htismaqe 02-18-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9412601)
The Chief's EYES are not the EYES of every other team needing a QB. So that entire point is moot. And if the Chiefs go for a QB in FA/Trade, it will happen BEFORE the draft.

Wrong. In EVERYBODY'S EYES.

Every single article you read says "there's no CONSENSUS". Consensus implies more than one, not just the Chiefs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9412601)
You not wanting this to happen, is not the same thing as it being a possibility to happen.

I've absolutely acknowledged the possibility of this happening. Just because it might happen doesn't mean it isn't utterly stupid if it does. Because it is.

Canofbier 02-18-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9412439)

Geno being at 47 clearly isn't the lowlight of this board. This dude has Nassib as the #1 overall prospect for this draft class. Not just the top QB, but the top player. This guy is smoking some mighty strong crack rock if he honestly believes that.