ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

Chiefspants 06-29-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12937654)
Honestly, that could have been written by Royals Fan.

While I would have been angrier if we acquired R.A. Dickey, the Shields trade felt like the deathknell to my fandom for a good hour after the news broke.

I came to my senses, and I'm thrilled I did. Honestly, if that news was in a thread, the reactions should be in the HOC - I'm sure it'd be a fun read today.

SBInfinity 06-29-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COSMULT (Post 12937135)
QUICK UPDATE ON COSMULT :

When was the last time Cosmo posted in a Royals thread?

How often does SBInfinity post in Royals threads now (about the same as Cosmo has the last 4 years).

What posting style does SBInfinity's Royals posts remind you of?

How often did Cosmo, in the past, use the 'It's Happening' .gif?

...saddest thing is the amount of energy they both try and put in to defending their mult in DC

...sad, sad chud - that Cosmo is

ok...whut??

penbrook 06-29-2017 11:49 PM

Duffy might be back about a week from now

C3HIEF3S 06-30-2017 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 12937667)
Duffy might be back about a week from now

Assuming no issues with his final start in Omaha on Tuesday, he'll likely start on July 9 in LA on normal rest. Would be cool for him to get the start in his home state. Was born only a few hours N/NW of LA.

Buehler445 06-30-2017 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12937635)
In creepy baseball news, today is the anniversary of the Moonlight Graham game.

Yankees prospect Dustin Fowler made his debut tonight. Chased a ball into the RF wall in the 1st inning and blew his knee out. Ruptured his patella tendon and is done for the season. Never got to bat. [twilight zone music]

Jesus ****.

Mama Hip Rockets 06-30-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsroyals54 (Post 12937481)
The 2017 Royals are a faster team than you'd think. They have one of the fastest 1B, a slimmer Salvador Perez (i know hes not a speed threat), Escobar can run, he just was never on base enough so he could steal. Boni can run for his bulkyness, Whit is a speedster, Cain (nuff said), Gordon isn't fat

Gordon isn't fat but he's slow.

Mama Hip Rockets 06-30-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12937635)
In creepy baseball news, today is the anniversary of the Moonlight Graham game.

Yankees prospect Dustin Fowler made his debut tonight. Chased a ball into the RF wall in the 1st inning and blew his knee out. Ruptured his patella tendon and is done for the season. Never got to bat. [twilight zone music]

:eek:

duncan_idaho 06-30-2017 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12937548)
In today's blast from the past, read how the Blue Jays "one-upped" the Royals by trading for a better ace in 2012 (R.A. Dickey over Shields) and traded away less valuable prospects (Syndergaard and D'arnaud rather than Myers and Odorizzi).

LMAO

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...48149.amp.html

That post delivers.

I for one am really glad they made that trade. The Blue Jays with Syndergaard are a much tougher out in 2015.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12937549)
According to DJ's Left Nut, probably pieces like Boni or Strahm, if not both.

Some in that org still think he can develop as a starter, apparently.

I have no interest in Rosenthal. K rate is awesome, but he still has control issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prison Bitch 06-30-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12937656)
While I was never sold on R.A. Dickey, the Shields trade felt like the deathknell to my fandom for a good hour after the news broke.

I came to my senses, and I'm thrilled I did. Honestly, if that news was in a thread, the reactions should be in the HOC - I'm sure it'd be a fun read today.

I felt the trade was totally fair. People always overvalue their own players and free market theory teaches that any deal was reached only because other deals were not as good. (DM looked at deals all Winter for Myers and took this one, presumably because it was his best offer right?)

What I didn't like was that we were a 72-win team and nowhere close to competing the 2 years Shields would be here. And I nailed it

DiaperBoy27 06-30-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsroyals54 (Post 12937481)
The 2017 Royals are a faster team than you'd think. They have one of the fastest 1B,

While Hosmer is faster than a lot, he is one of the least efficient runners in the game.

Chiefspants 06-30-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12937828)
That post delivers.

I for one am really glad they made that trade. The Blue Jays with Syndergaard are a much tougher out in 2015.

Their douche WAR (dWAR) would have been off the charts. Syndergaard, Donaldson & Joey Bats? The bitching would have been record setting.

Speaking of Thor, word is he recently gave a bunch of middle finger emoji's toward Mets legend Ron Darling in an Instagram picture he posted in the weight room. Darling suggested that an intense strength training a muscle mass program may not be the best thing for athletes playing in a 162 game season and may be why they've been slammed with an unbelievable amount of injuries over the past two seasons.

Prison Bitch 06-30-2017 01:23 PM

Imagine if Hoz and Moose refused to listen to George Brett batting tips

Chiefspants 06-30-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12938140)
Imagine if Hoz and Moose refused to listen to George Brett batting tips

LMAO

Touche'

Bowser 06-30-2017 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12937913)
I felt the trade was totally fair. People always overvalue their own players and free market theory teaches that any deal was reached only because other deals were not as good. (DM looked at deals all Winter for Myers and took this one, presumably because it was his best offer right?)

What I didn't like was that we were a 72-win team and nowhere close to competing the 2 years Shields would be here. And I nailed it

Let's be fair - that '13 team SHOULD have made the playoffs. With that pitching and bullpen, we would have gone deep into the postseason....

duncan_idaho 06-30-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12938152)
Let's be fair - that '13 team SHOULD have made the playoffs. With that pitching and bullpen, we would have gone deep into the postseason....

That terrible May absolutely buried them.

Lot of the blame lies with that idiot Jack Maloof. Scary to think that moron was the minor league hitting coordinator before that (and a big reason why this brand of Royals hitters struggled so much to establish themselves as major league hitters).

Yost also hadn't figured out how to rely on his bullpen yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk