ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

KCUnited 06-08-2015 07:18 AM

I wasn't really feeling the dragon scene. It started off cool then kind of cheesed out there at the end. I'm not sure how else they could have pulled that off if it indeed happened that way in the book, but it came across kind of silly in a Never Ending Story (awesome movie as a kid in '84) kind of way to me.

BigRichard 06-08-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11538527)
I wasn't really feeling the dragon scene. It started off cool then kind of cheesed out there at the end. I'm not sure how else they could have pulled that off if it indeed happened that way in the book, but it came across kind of silly in a Never Ending Story (awesome movie as a kid in '84) kind of way to me.

Spoiler!

allen_kcCard 06-08-2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 11538543)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

BigRichard 06-08-2015 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 11538575)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

ToxSocks 06-08-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 11538543)
Spoiler!

Then the show was way cooler than the book...for that scene anyway.

WilliamTheIrish 06-08-2015 09:05 PM

Stanis is off my Christmas list.

Hawk 06-08-2015 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11538744)

I actually think that scene was better in the book, or at least more impactful to me, maybe because I wasn't expecting it. But it was cooler in my mind's eye than it actually looked on screen. I agree with above, actually seeing a her fly off on the dragon looked a little bit cheesy. But still a good scene, it certainly rescued Dany's story arc in the book as it was a little boring up until that point.

Tribal Warfare 06-08-2015 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 11540073)
I actually think that scene was better in the book, or at least more impactful to me, maybe because I wasn't expecting it. But it was cooler in my mind's eye than it actually looked on screen. I agree with above, actually seeing a her fly off on the dragon looked a little bit cheesy. But still a good scene, it certainly rescued Dany's story arc in the book as it was a little boring up until that point.

I see what you did there

BigRedChief 06-08-2015 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11538744)

You have to give props to the TV crew. I think most book readers think the changes have made the TV version much better. The book went on and on about Stanis trekking through the snow. Deanery's dealing with politics in Mereen etc.

They still need to improve on showing the bad assness that were the Sand Snakes and the unsullied in the books.

Aries Walker 06-09-2015 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 11540073)
actually seeing a her fly off on the dragon looked a little bit cheesy.

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enh...76490438-6.gif

frankotank 06-09-2015 02:20 PM

OK...haven't read the books. I've seen movies and crap where they are using dragon scales for armor and whatnot. I cannot tell you how disappointed I was at the ease with which Drogon could be hurt. a real WTF moment for me! really pissed me off. come ON! he's a frigging dragon man!

also...how cool would it have been if several harpys were holding Dany and Drogo just blasted the shit out of them! woulda been sofa king cool AND she'd be nude. missed opportunity.

also....Dany jumps on Drogo...he takes flight...and...they fly away! dammit! at least one fly by woulda been in order.

EDIT - is Drogo full sized now? or will he get bigger? asking you book readers. I ASS-U-ME he must not be full grown since spears pierce him so easily.....maybe he gets his big boy spear deflecting scales when his balls drop?

Amnorix 06-09-2015 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 11540786)
OK...haven't read the books. I've seen movies and crap where they are using dragon scales for armor and whatnot. I cannot tell you how disappointed I was at the ease with which Drogon could be hurt. a real WTF moment for me! really pissed me off. come ON! he's a frigging dragon man!

Young dragon. Very, very young dragon. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Quote:

also...how cool would it have been if several harpys were holding Dany and Drogo just blasted the shit out of them! woulda been sofa king cool AND she'd be nude. missed opportunity.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that we won't be seeing any new shots of Dany naked, partially or otherwise. I think her contract was revised to reflect that after season 2 or 3 or something.

Yeah, found it.

Quote:

Daenerys, as portrayed by Emilia Clarke, has been getting naked on screen since all the way back in "Game of Thrones" season 1, when it was kind of creepy, because her character was so young. By "Game of Thrones" season 3, it got kind of creepy for an entirely different reason: it happened really distressingly often. There's a lot of nudity in "Game of Thrones," but the Khaleesi naked had become an incredibly common sight. And as Emilia Clarke became more well known as an actor, she decided - reasonably enough - to end it. The "Game of Thrones" season 3 finale offered the last naked Daenerys you're ever going to get.

The Franchise 06-09-2015 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 11540786)

also....Dany jumps on Drogo...he takes flight...and...they fly away! dammit! at least one fly by woulda been in order.

EDIT - is Drogo full sized now? or will he get bigger? asking you book readers. I ASS-U-ME he must not be full grown since spears pierce him so easily.....maybe he gets his big boy spear deflecting scales when his balls drop?

You sound like a 12 year old.

BigRichard 06-09-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11540829)
You sound like a 12 year old.

Why because he wants to see Dany naked?

You sound like a girl. :D

ThaVirus 06-09-2015 02:54 PM

Dragons can live like 200 years.

Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion are maybe 3 (?). They've got a lot of growing to do.