ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

GloucesterChief 06-07-2015 07:58 PM

So basically in the North, I am hoping for a Reign of Terror at this point. Let all the nobles answer to Madame Guillotine.

MMXcalibur 06-07-2015 09:18 PM

**** you, Stannis.

**** you.

GloucesterChief 06-07-2015 09:18 PM

The writers are basically making it so that there is no one for the audience to root for.

Stannis is a kinslayer twice over now. I don't think Davos will be following him any longer. He also did it in a front of a bunch of witnesses. That will not go over well with the other houses.

Jamie is still wrapped around Cercsi's finger. I thought we would get him on a much more heroic bent after we found out why he killed the Mad King but I guess not.

Everything Dany touches turns to crap and she is not fit to rule a keep out in the hinterlands much less seven kingdoms.

Tyrion's story is being subsumed by Dany which pretty much pushes him to side character.

Sansa seems to have chosen a life of misery by marrying Ramsay.

Tommen is spineless.

We basically have Brianne who hasn't been around much, Jon but he seems to want to stay at the wall, and Arya who is on another continent.

MMXcalibur 06-07-2015 09:23 PM

Seriously, that is one episode I will never watch again.
I literally, had my head in my hands during that entire Shireen sequence.

DaFace 06-07-2015 09:24 PM

I just hope GRRM really does have a conclusion for all of this in mind. The show is so scattered at this point that it's getting hard to see how an all-encompassing finale is really going to work.

wazu 06-07-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11538210)
The writers are basically making it so that there is no one for the audience to root for.

Stannis is a kinslayer twice over now. I don't think Davos will be following him any longer. He also did it in a front of a bunch of witnesses. That will not go over well with the other houses.

Jamie is still wrapped around Cercsi's finger. I thought we would get him on a much more heroic bent after we found out why he killed the Mad King but I guess not.

Everything Dany touches turns to crap and she is not fit to rule a keep out in the hinterlands much less seven kingdoms.

Tyrion's story is being subsumed by Dany which pretty much pushes him to side character.

Sansa seems to have chosen a life of misery by marrying Ramsay.

Tommen is spineless.

We basically have Brianne who hasn't been around much, Jon but he seems to want to stay at the wall, and Arya who is on another continent.

You forgot the White Walkers. They might be the side to root for.

GloucesterChief 06-07-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11538313)
You forgot the White Walkers. They might be the side to root for.

Going with the all killed horribly option huh?

At this point if we can get Jon off Westoros it might be the best option.

mr. tegu 06-07-2015 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11538237)
I just hope GRRM really does have a conclusion for all of this in mind. The show is so scattered at this point that it's getting hard to see how an all-encompassing finale is really going to work.

But isn't he not really working too close with the show anymore? They are starting to go their own ways and will only continue to do so. I just hope the show doesn't lose it's luster because of it. I haven't read the books but I understand the latest one came across as dragging on and not accomplishing much.

This raises another question. If the show finishes within 3 years or so, the books won't be concluded by then. Do they continue getting written? And if so, do the shows spoil the books or do the books go their own way just for the sake of being different?

GloucesterChief 06-07-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 11538360)
But isn't he not really working too close with the show anymore? They are starting to go their own ways and will only continue to do so. I just hope the show doesn't lose it's luster because of it. I haven't read the books but I understand the latest one came across as dragging on and not accomplishing much.

This raises another question. If the show finishes within 3 years or so, the books won't be concluded by then. Do they continue getting written? And if so, do the shows spoil the books or do the books go their own way just for the sake of being different?

Yeah, the chance that he might pull a Robert Jordan and meander away from the plot is high.

MMXcalibur 06-07-2015 10:47 PM

One thing to not overlook in the heat of the arena battle: Jorah made skin-to-skin physical contact with Danerys...

Buehler445 06-07-2015 11:13 PM

Well, the Shireen part was awful. Just today I was gone for like 10 minutes (busy time of year for me) with my 15 month old daughter. When I had to go back, she gave me the "daddy don't go" look and cried when I left. It damn near killed me. That scene was tough. Well done but tough.

The wall was anticlimactic but whatever. Better than some shitty drama for the sake of drama.

The Dorne scene was meh. Seemed like filler.

Aryas scene was intriguing. Not the normal style for the 9th episode. But it is interesting what will happen.

Danys scene was interesting. As soon as the attack started I knew the dragons were in route. They didn't disappoint. Good scene. Jorah won the day and is going to die a horrible death of greyscale anyway LOL.

In other news, I'm all about fighting when it is a tactical battle. But what were those mother****ers thinking continuing the attack when napalm breath shows up? It would be like having a friendly fight with small arms then someone shows up with a ****ing f-16. I would have been the **** out of there for sure. I will say I thought they were going to kill the dragon and then Dany would get out and burn the city with the other 2.

Buehler445 06-07-2015 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11538376)
One thing to not overlook in the heat of the arena battle: Jorah made skin-to-skin physical contact with Danerys...

Oh ****. Missed that. Interesting

Hammock Parties 06-08-2015 12:54 AM

Jesus Christ. That moved me to tears.

wazu 06-08-2015 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11538376)

I could be wrong, but I was thinking it only matters if the scaled part touches.

Fire Me Boy! 06-08-2015 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11538491)
I could be wrong, but I was thinking it only matters if the scaled part touches.

I agree.

And isn't part of the thing about the Mother of Dragons that illness (as well as fire) doesn't affect her as much? That may be something I heard about from the books...