ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Sac's 2015 Chiefs Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285132)

kccrow 04-28-2015 01:12 PM

I will say Sac, of all the prospects you like this year, the one I'd be most happy with is Zach Vigil. I would very much like it if the Chiefs draft him. I'm hoping for Anthony in round 2, but if that doesn't happen Vigil would be my next favorite. I've given you alot of shit about Utah State and whatnot for fun, but Vigil is going to be a stud I think. He does everything exactly the way it is supposed to be done, there really isn't a hole in his game that sticks out. He's very close to the prospect Bobby Wagner was. He's not quite as explosive or as fast over a long distance but he's stronger in his upper half and he's just as fast in a 10-yard window. My honest feeling is that Vigil goes 3rd or 4th round and not the 6th-7th he's rated, but if KC could snag him in round 5 then great.

Saccopoo 04-28-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11463145)
I like him, but I like Jarrett more.

I think Jarrett is Aaron Donald lite. Him and Poe in the middle with 3 pass rushers on the field would wreck shit

Jarrett is a little short and short armed to be effective in a 34, especially in subsets, don't you think?

He gets after dudes, but he's going to be limited in his ability to hold a double gap to let linebackers come off the blocks.

If we were running a 43, sure, but I don't see him having a function in this defense.

Saccopoo 04-28-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 11463676)
I will say Sac, of all the prospects you like this year, the one I'd be most happy with is Zach Vigil. I would very much like it if the Chiefs draft him. I'm hoping for Anthony in round 2, but if that doesn't happen Vigil would be my next favorite. I've given you alot of shit about Utah State and whatnot for fun, but Vigil is going to be a stud I think. He does everything exactly the way it is supposed to be done, there really isn't a hole in his game that sticks out. He's very close to the prospect Bobby Wagner was. He's not quite as explosive or as fast over a long distance but he's stronger in his upper half and he's just as fast in a 10-yard window. My honest feeling is that Vigil goes 3rd or 4th round and not the 6th-7th he's rated, but if KC could snag him in round 5 then great.

Yeah, I love Vigil, especially playing next to DJ in this system. And opposed to Anthony, Vigil is a self-motivating team leader. (If I remember correctly, Anthony actually lost his starting position last season or the season before at one point for whatever reason.) And Vigil compiled those insane statistics without anybody else around him other than his brother.

Like I said, after he ran a 4.6 at his Pro Day and had 18 or so teams there to basically watch him alone, he might go as early as the third. His athleticism, production, leadership, fundamentals and measurables are as good individually as anybody in the draft at his position and when you combine those (and understand that he's a complete player with no/few holes), I think he's arguably the best MLB prospect in the 2015 draft.

O.city 04-28-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11463721)
Jarrett is a little short and short armed to be effective in a 34, especially in subsets, don't you think?

He gets after dudes, but he's going to be limited in his ability to hold a double gap to let linebackers come off the blocks.

If we were running a 43, sure, but I don't see him having a function in this defense.

Guys basically said the same thing with Donald.

His arms are short, yes. I'm not shoehorn ing it because of it. I think he would wreck world's next to Poe.

You find a spot for him. We arent sitting in a set where he's going to be put head up on a guard or whatever that much.

I think we need to start looming at both sides. Incredible athleticism but no stats. Don't knock him for it because we don't know why.

Stats but bad athlete? Well, until his athleticism starts causing no atats, don't knock him

Saccopoo 04-28-2015 01:55 PM

I also might amend the Heurerman pick as I've been seeing where everyone has moved him up to the fourth or even third round. (Which I think is insane, but...)

I like Heurerman a lot, especially because of his blocking ability (which I think is at a higher level than a lot of the TE's in this class) and I think he matches up athletically to Kelce and would provide a nice complimentary bookend to Travis' game/skill set.

However, I'm not necessarily spending a third on him over a potential starting DB/WR/OL player.

Koyack, Kroft, O'Leary, Uzomah would all be acceptable replacements in the fifth round to fill out the TE spot on the roster.

Saccopoo 04-28-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11463759)
Guys basically said the same thing with Donald.

His arms are short, yes. I'm not shoehorn ing it because of it. I think he would wreck world's next to Poe.

You find a spot for him. We arent sitting in a set where he's going to be put head up on a guard or whatever that much.

I think we need to start looming at both sides. Incredible athleticism but no stats. Don't knock him for it because we don't know why.

Stats but bad athlete? Well, until his athleticism starts causing no atats, don't knock him

I understand what you are saying, but the problem is, he's going to get absolutely swallowed whole by the 6'5", 330 lb. guards at the next level when having to hold up a center or tackle as well in addition to filling a passing lane.

It's simply just the physical limitations imposed by the system. Look how long it took Bailey, a guy who is three plus inches taller than Jarrett, to "get it" in terms of playing in a two gap system. (And Bailey is a physical force of nature. Insanely strong and was incredibly effective in pushing the pocket out of a 43 from the DT position. If I remember correctly, he led the Hurricanes in sacks three straight seasons.)

I just question what you are getting with Jarrett that we don't already have in Bailey and Catapano (strong like bulls) that's three/four inches shorter with shorter arms.

I like his game a lot, but just like Donald, I don't know if I see it ultimately working in what Sutton runs - especially the subsets.

the Talking Can 04-28-2015 06:04 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2015/sto...year-old-woman

Quote:

Police are seeking to question La'el Collins following the shooting death of a pregnant woman last week, but the former LSU offensive lineman is not considered a suspect, Baton Rouge police Lt. Jonny Dunnam told ESPN.

Brittany Mills, 29, is believed by police to be a former girlfriend of Collins. Police said Collins is not believed to be a suspect in the shooting, only that they want to talk to him to see if he can provide them with information.

Collins' attorney, Jim Boren, told police his client is in Chicago getting ready for the NFL draft. But Boren told ESPN he has been in constant contact with the lead detective on the case and he spoke with the district attorney Tuesday.

"We took the investigation seriously," Boren said from his offices Tuesday. "We've tried to rule him out as a suspect. We're going to provide that information to the police, and ultimately [Collins] will sit down and talk to them. But the timing is poor."

Saccopoo 04-29-2015 10:35 AM

Updated to reflect a change at the TE in the fifth pick.

Saccopoo 04-29-2015 10:37 AM

And I'm sitting here wondering what to do with La'el Collins.

Shit just got interesting in the first round.

Does a team pull the trigger on a dude who, at the very least, is going to be questioned by police in a murder investigation involving a recent girlfriend. One recent girlfriend that might have been carrying his child when she was shot dead?

Yeesh...

The Franchise 04-29-2015 10:42 AM

Go CB in the 1st and a different position in the 2nd.

Saccopoo 04-29-2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11465719)
Go CB in the 1st and a different position in the 2nd.

I'd like to, but I think I'm in-between a rock and a hard place with both the OL and CB positions.

The two guys I'd really like for the Chiefs at those positions are Eric Rowe and Jake Fisher (if you take La'el off your board at this point due to the current situation at hand).

Depending upon how the board falls, one of those guys, maybe both, will not be there with the second round pick. Both have been mentioned as potential first rounders.

I think one of those two positions (CB & OT) get taken quicker and I'm banking on it being OT, which pushes the CB position down a bit and Rowe will be available with the Chiefs second round pick.

Personally, I think that Jake Fisher hits on a lot of what both Dorsey and Reid want in a OT. And seeing as both Stephenson and Allen will be free agents next year who have underperformed to date, I don't see how they ignore the RT position in the draft. Fisher would be a very good fill at RT for the team.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just don't know.

It's the poker game that's played during the draft that is the interesting part. Guys get pick you were hoping would be there a few picks below, guys drop, etc.

If Collins is completely innocent, I like him better than any other OL guy in this draft for this team. But the whole situation is crazy right now for him and the draft.

After him, I like Fisher. But I also think that Rowe is singularly the best CB in the draft for this team and Sutton's defense.

kccrow 04-29-2015 04:09 PM

It does make it awful difficult to project Collins. I kept him in the first round but am considering an update to take him out of it. Its been stated by the police that he isn't being implicated as a suspect, they are just seeking information. Its not even obvious whether or not Collins was in Baton Rouge at the time of her death last Friday. Either way, not a good thing to have surrounding you days before the draft. There's the worry its a Rae Carruth situation for sure. He could be completely innocent. What will a team be willing to risk? Might fall to day 3, but I still suspect he's going to be drafted.

Edit: The fact that it was reported in the note to GMs that he hadn't contacted Mills since September makes me think he is innocent, but you never know. That's the tough part for a franchise, can you afford to take that chance? Hope he has insurance on his draft position in the case he's innocent and this causes him to fall out of the first round.

redshirt32 04-29-2015 08:25 PM

Im debating also to lower Collins OT/OG or to remove him from the first round.

, Shane, Gregory, Jalen Collins, DGB, , Jamies Winston, Frank Clark, La'el Collins,
Marcus Peters, and so on.............
Pick your poison

KC native 05-02-2015 05:58 PM

LOLz
Vigil nor Collins didn't get drafted.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-03-2015 06:29 AM

No fatty smorgasbord for you, Sacc.

Here's your booby-prize:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_br0ZnqnhVY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>