ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270750)

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468309)
Actually, that one scares me. Reid has an unusual affection for Barkley.

What the hell, I should stand by my word.

Okay Pawnmower. I will make the bet with you. I bet the Chiefs do not take a QB with the OVERALL #1 pick in the 2013 draft. If they do I will gladly send you a check for the chess club. If they don't, you send me a check for Eddie's charity. Deal?

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9468318)
Heh..I didnt really care win or lose, maybe ill just send something to kennison's foundation......

good idea on the bets though! fun & helpful

I agree. It beats name calling and constant foundering behind a keyboard. Let's make a real impact instead.

Ming the Merciless 03-05-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468323)
What the hell, I should stand by my word.

Okay Pawnmower. I will make the bet with you. I bet the Chiefs do not take a QB with the OVERALL #1 pick in the 2013 draft. If they do I will gladly send you a check for the chess club. If they don't, you send me a check for Eddie's charity. Deal?

sure man! sounds like a win/win to me...! I will match your 50$ also, if I win and send a 50$ check with yours ...in addition to the normal donation i give

TribalElder 03-05-2013 06:17 PM

I like money
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHCVyllnck

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9468321)
He wins games in the postseason including quite a few on the road, so yeah I think that makes him worth a huge chunk of change. They contend every year and make noise in the postseason. What more do you want?

Okay, you believe he is worth 1/6th the total cap for a 53 man roster. I don't.

We will see how they do next season.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9468332)
sure man! sounds like a win/win to me...! I will match your 50$ also, if I win and send a 50$ check with yours ...in addition to the normal donation i give

Damn, I can't let you get the better of me. The same goes here. In fact, I see Eddie about once a month. I will get a pick of me handing him our checks and I will have him sign it for you.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 06:19 PM

You either have a QB or you don't, so yeah it's worth spending that much.

They have one (Super Bowl Champs contend every year)
We don't (2-14 with 8 probowl caliber position guys/ no playoff wins in several decades)

HotCarl 03-05-2013 06:20 PM

Welp I guess we'd better draft Barkley 1 and trade 3-7 for another one.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9468344)
You either have a QB or you don't, so yeah it's worth spending that much.

They have one (Super Bowl Champs contend every year)
We don't (2-14 with 8 probowl caliber position guys/ no playoff wins in several decades)

They never spent 20 mil on one player before this year. Let's see how it plays out before you label it a success.

Ming the Merciless 03-05-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468339)
Damn, I can't let you get the better of me. The same goes here. In fact, I see Eddie about once a month. I will get a pick of me handing him our checks and I will have him sign it for you.

holy shit that would be sick! that would probably be more amazing than to me getting a picture with International Master John Donaldson would be for you ....LOL

so yah you got me

(although Donaldson is another one of my heroes!)

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9468355)
holy shit that would be sick! that would probably be more amazing than to me getting a picture with International Master John Donaldson would be for you ....LOL

so yah you got me

(although Donaldson is another one of my heroes!)

Now, if I lose, I demand an autographed pick of Mr. Donaldson. God knows it will be worth a fortune if he ever plays the MIT Greenblatt.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 06:24 PM

Thanks for the discussion Wolfman. Good to see ya back.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9468366)
Thanks for the discussion Wolfman. Good to see ya back.

You as well.

SAUTO 03-05-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9468296)
So you are saying we spent a second round and more for a backup QB?

Should be easy money for you then. Take the bet against me, name your charity and make them 50 bucks.

When you lose I need a check mailed to me completed for the Eddie Kennison Lupus Foundation. I will supply my address to you privately if you take the bet.

I think sometime in those two years he will be a backup. Yes.

Ill take your bet. Are you going to keep track and remind me just prior to the draft? Because there is no way I will remember. Lol

Let me figure out who you will pay
Posted via Mobile Device

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9468379)
I think sometime in those two years he will be a backup. Yes.

Ill take your bet. Are you going to keep track and remind me just prior to the draft? Because there is no way I will remember. Lol

Let me figure out who you will pay
Posted via Mobile Device

Yup, I have two takers now. Only one slot to fill.