ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

Pasta Little Brioni 02-09-2013 07:16 PM

48th ranked 3-4 end out of 50 ROFL Imagine if we had taken a "risk" on another guy.

DaneMcCloud 02-09-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9390430)
comment in derision all you want. doesn't make it any less true.

Bullshit.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-09-2013 07:18 PM

We just took a safe route 4 years ago that resulted in a "QB with sum xperience" and a low floor guy being two of the worst players at their respected positions and people STILL can't fathom spending a 1st on a QB. Wow...just wow.

DaneMcCloud 02-09-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9390438)
Hey guys remember when we took Tyson Jackson at #3 overall because the media claimed ***** wanted the "safe" pick over the "risky" QB Mark Sanchez?

How well did that "safe" pick work out for us?

Who, outside of Scott Pioli, wanted Tyson Jackson at #3 overall?

I said it the day he was drafted and it's still true: Tyson Jackson was the WORST draft selection in franchise history and set this team back by five years.

No hindsight needed.

RealSNR 02-09-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9390451)
Who, outside of Scott *****, wanted Tyson Jackson at #3 overall?

I said it the day he was drafted and it's still true: Tyson Jackson was the WORST draft selection in franchise history and set this team back by five years.

No hindsight needed.

And to me, a pick of a LT at #1 overall when we're on the eve of re-signing our pretty good one would be just as much of a failure. Same goes for the fat defensive linemen who "collapses the pocket" in the modern NFL, when QBs get rid of the ball so fast the linemen don't have time to collapse the pocket.

Why do Piolis and Casserlys and all those dumbasses advise that teams make those kinds of picks? Because they're ****ing pussies, that's why.

Playing scared in the draft will get you beat. Each and every time.

Ebolapox 02-09-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9390446)
Bullshit.

BY DEFINITION, you can't be considered a BUST (all of the guys on my list? COLOSSAL BUSTS) unless it wasn't OBVIOUS TO A LOT OF PEOPLE that you were going to be PRETTY DAMNED GOOD.

vis-a-vis... not bullshit in the least. can't miss. did miss. suck it, trebek. :)

Ace Gunner 02-09-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9390451)
Who, outside of Scott *****, wanted Tyson Jackson at #3 overall?

No hindsight needed.

Sanchez is garbage and Jackson can at least play his position at this level. there were other guys, yes, but not Sanchez. He is crap.

DaneMcCloud 02-09-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9390459)
vis-a-vis... not bullshit in the least. can't miss. did miss. suck it, trebek. :)

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 02-09-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9390454)
And to me, a pick of a LT at #1 overall when we're on the eve of re-signing our pretty good one would be just as much of a failure. Same goes for the fat defensive linemen who "collapses the pocket" in the modern NFL, when QBs get rid of the ball so fast the linemen don't have time to collapse the pocket.

Why do *****s and Casserlys and all those dumbasses advise that teams make those kinds of picks? Because they're ****ing pussies, that's why.

Playing scared in the draft will get you beat. Each and every time.

And both are unemployed.

:D

(And Jeff Ireland should have joined them this off-season).

milkman 02-09-2013 07:47 PM

Dane, your discussion of Manning and how he was viewed is not how it was.

There were a number of questions, most notably, whether he had the requsite arm strength to make all the throwzs because he had a tendency to float the deep outs at Tennesee, and whether he had potential to grow or had he reached his ceiling?.

Bill Polian has talked about he and his scouts struggled with those questins, and the fact that Leaf had superior physical skills and measureables made the decision a last minute one when the draft rolled around.

Plunket and Elway were as close to sure things at QB that have been drafted in the last 40 years prior to Luck.

One was a disappointment.

HotCarl 02-09-2013 08:05 PM

Mark Sanchez is another example of these "sure things" at QB

milkman 02-09-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9390537)
Mark Sanchez is another example of these "sure things" at QB

You're full of shit.

patteeu 02-09-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9389989)
Jake Long was so much greater at his position than Matt Ryan was at his.

Was he?

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-09-2013 08:30 PM

Steele Jantz to play safety.

Bowser 02-09-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9390595)
Steele Jantz to play safety.

I'm pretty sure it was Rustshack that said we needed to take him in the third. That was, of course, when he thought he was playing QB.