ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

keg in kc 01-21-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9339324)
Like Mayock said you don't miss the senior bowl when no clear cut number 1.

And Geno was obviously told something else by his agent. We'll see how it plays out.

Generally in all star games like this, highly rated QBs can only lose ground. That's why the top ones don't go, and why the ones who make moves during the week are the middle-round guys. That's just the way it is.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9339307)
Geno has no business skipping the senior bowl imo. He is a good prospect but, he's not good enough to skip the Senior Bowl.

He wouldn't be skipping the Senior Bowl if he wasn't being advised to do so.

This is the biggest bunch of BS there is. Guys skip the Senior Bowl and throwing at the combine ALL THE TIME.

This isn't new.

Of course, it applies to the QB class of 2013, so it's the WORST THING EVAR!!!!!111

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339332)
your bullshit is pretty heavy as well. LMAO

You're a liar. No bullshit.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9339324)
Like Mayock said you don't miss the senior bowl when no clear cut number 1.

Unless there IS a clear cut number 1 and Mayock and the rest of the talking heads just haven't been told. :hmmm:

RunKC 01-21-2013 03:21 PM

Mayock-"There is no clear cut number 1 QB. Geno Smith is mistaken if he thinks he is a top ten draft pick and the number one QB at this point. He's not doing himself any favors by missing out on the Senior Bowl."

RealSNR 01-21-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339329)
Top QB's of previous years weren't Seniors. Sam Bradford was a brokedick so he couldn't play either.

Lots of 1st rd QB prospects like Carson Palmer, Jay Cutler, Brandon Weeden, Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, Joe Flacco, Phillip Rivers, David Carr and Chad Pennington were at the Senior Bowl.

Carson Palmer (shitass)
Jay Cutler (shitass with beetis)
Brandon Weeden (huge shitass)
Jake Locker (Flopnuts' shitass)
Christian Ponder (shitass)
Joe Flacco (pretty good)
Phillip Rivers (shitassiest of the shitasses)
David Carr (shitass)
Chad Pennington (wobble shitass)

You were saying?

Rambozo 01-21-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339337)
He wouldn't be skipping the Senior Bowl if he wasn't being advised to do so.

This is the biggest bunch of BS there is. Guys skip the Senior Bowl and throwing at the combine ALL THE TIME.

This isn't new.

Of course, it applies to the QB class of 2013, so it's the WORST THING EVAR!!!!!111

In Geno's case he is being advised to skip the senior bowl because he is not the hands down #1 pick. The senior bowl could hurt Geno's stock bad imo. That's why he was advised not to go. He's not skipping it because he has nothing to prove. He's skipping it because his stock is as high as it can get.

This is why people are knocking on him for skipping out. Odds are the senior bowl would hurt him much more than help him. He's damnned if he does and damnned if he doesn't imo. Please don't shoot the messenger.

RunKC 01-21-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9339344)
Carson Palmer (shitass)
Jay Cutler (shitass with beetis)
Brandon Weeden (huge shitass)
Jake Locker (Flopnuts' shitass)
Christian Ponder (shitass)
Joe Flacco (pretty good)
Phillip Rivers (shitassiest of the shitasses)
David Carr (shitass)
Chad Pennington (wobble shitass)

You were saying?

8 TD's/0 INT's in the playoffs this year. Most playoff wins on the road for a player at his age in NFL history. Beat Manning and Brady 2X on the road and is in the SB.

Pretty good?

You were saying?ROFL

keg in kc 01-21-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9339331)
I know this won't be popular but, I'm saying he's not as good as most of the other recent QBs who skipped the Senior Bowl IMO. It is going to be a mistake. This QB class is weak imo. There are a ton of people who feel that way. Hell, there is even a thread here today about the possibility of Cassel being the starter next year. That should tell us something...

It absolutely should tell us something: that nobody has a clue.

And I don't mean that in a mean "people are stupid" way (although plenty are). I mean that in a "nobody actually has any idea what the Chiefs are going to do, nobody has any idea what NFL front office people and scouts actually think about Smith, nobody has any idea what's going to happen in February and March with workouts and interviews, and nobody has any idea what's going to happen in April when KC's on the board" way.

Everything is speculation and opinion. And should be treated as such. Your "this QB class is weak imo" means no more or less than my "this QB class is actually no weaker than any other non-luck/non-griffin class of recent history". Because in the end they're both just opinions.

RealSNR 01-21-2013 03:25 PM

Why didn't Ryan Tannehill or RGIII play in the Senior Bowl?

RealSNR 01-21-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339350)
8 TD's/0 INT's in the playoffs this year. Most playoff wins on the road in NFL history. Beat Manning and Brady 2X on the road and is in the SB.

Pretty good?

You were saying?ROFL

Joe Flacco isn't elite, dipshit. Pretty good is fair for him.

And I just showed you what most Senior Bowl QBs end up being: garbage.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9339348)
He's skipping it because his stock is as high as it can get.

Pretty much EXACTLY what we've been saying all along.

BigCatDaddy 01-21-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9339352)
Why didn't Ryan Tannehill or RGIII play in the Senior Bowl?

What is "Because they were projected as 1st rounders Alex"?

keg in kc 01-21-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9339348)
In Geno's case he is being advised to skip the senior bowl because he is not the hands down #1 pick. The senior bowl could hurt Geno's stock bad imo. That's why he was advised not to go.

That...opinion. Proves the point I just made. What are you basing that on? Is that what you believe? Is that what somebody told you? Or is that word directly from Geno or his agent?

Because if it's an opinion, you're stating it like it's a fact...

Rambozo 01-21-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9339351)
It absolutely should tell us something: that nobody has a clue.

And I don't mean that in a mean "people are stupid" way (although plenty are). I mean that in a "nobody actually has any idea what the Chiefs are going to do, nobody has any idea what NFL front office people and scouts actually think about Smith, nobody has any idea what's going to happen in February and March with workouts and interviews, and nobody has any idea what's going to happen in April when KC's on the board" way.

Everything is speculation and opinion. And should be treated as such. Your "this QB class is weak imo" means no more or less than my "this QB class is actually no weaker than any other non-luck/non-griffin class of recent history". Because in the end they're both just opinions.

You are right to an extent. However, Geno skipping the senior bowl is very telling imo. Please note I always say in my opinion guys.