ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Sell me on Mike Glennon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267830)

RunKC 01-02-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9268429)
Does anyone really think that FSU's defense is the best in the country? C'mon.

FSU is statistically ranked the 2nd best defense in the country behind Alabama.

Bjoern Werner (top 5 projected NFL draft pick) and Tank Carradine gave FSU the best pass rush of any team. Both had 10+ sacks.

Everette Dawkins is one of the best run stoppers in the draft this year.

Xavier Rhodes is said to be the 2nd best talent CB in the draft and is expected to be taken in the first round.

They also have a couple more younger guys who are going to be high draft picks in the future.

Um yeah they are the best this year.

RunKC 01-02-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9268450)
Geno beat the #1 and #2 defense in college football last year.

Clemson? Maryland?

Do I have that right?

HolyHat 01-02-2013 01:10 PM

I believe it was LSU and Clemson, I could be wrong. I'll ask Siri and see what she thinks.

duncan_idaho 01-02-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9268423)
Selling point number 2 on Mike Glennon: beating the best defense in the entire country.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7QXPb3WoNvI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Down 16-3 in the 4th quarter and throwing 2 TD's to beat the best defense in the country.
Threw game winning TD on 4th down with 16 seconds left in the game.

This is the most impressive thing any QB in this class has done all season long.

Things I learned about Glennon watching this highlight tape:

1) He's really good at throwing crossing routes to guys that have a step on their defender
2) He checks down a LOT
3) He's not very mobile (though he can throw a bit when on the move)
4) He makes a lot of risky throws

I didn't see any WOWing throws on that highlight tape.

O.city 01-02-2013 01:51 PM

Geno put up 49 against a top 10 ranked passing defense this year. But who cares, I've been told that drafting a QB in the top 5 is WAy to risky and we can only draft sure fire HOF'ers that high.

Austin Ed 01-02-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9224207)
He's white. So therefor he is not Vince Young.

He's white and can actually throw a football with some degree of accuracy. Therefore, he is not Vince Young.

RunKC 01-19-2013 06:01 PM

More selling points on Mike Glennon.

-Has 2 years experience in a pro style WCO.
-All ACC Academic team. Kid is really smart. Graduated in 3 years and is working on his masters. Never dropped a class.
-Very good in the intermediate throws.
-Can make good throws downfield.
-Goes through progressions almost every play.
-Reads defenses well and can fool DB's with his eyes.
-Very strong arm. Not elite, but 2nd tier like Joe Flacco.

Watch this Clemson (63rd ranked D, 1 higher than OU) game to get another great look at his abilities.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ObunrSCZiTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like I said before, his accuracy problems are a mirage. In previous threads, it was noted that his receivers dropped 12 passes in the NC and Maryland game. In this Clemson game, his WR's dropped 5 balls that should have been easy catches. If those 17 passes were caught, like they should have been, his completion % is 61.5.

And yes he does check down a lot, but I don't blame him. His WR's suck ass and get no separation while his OL is getting beat constantly.

Hammock Parties 01-19-2013 06:02 PM

When was the last time some dipshit came out of college with a 58.5 percent completion percentage and was a good NFL QB?

Bewbies 01-19-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9333636)
More selling points on Mike Glennon.

-Has 2 years experience in a pro style WCO.
-All ACC Academic team. Kid is really smart. Graduated in 3 years and is working on his masters. Never dropped a class.
-Very good in the intermediate throws.
-Can make good throws downfield.
-Goes through progressions almost every play.
-Reads defenses well and can fool DB's with his eyes.
-Very strong arm. Not elite, but 2nd tier like Joe Flacco.

Watch this Clemson (63rd ranked D, 1 higher than OU) game to get another great look at his abilities.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ObunrSCZiTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like I said before, his accuracy problems are a mirage. In previous threads, it was noted that his receivers dropped 12 passes in the NC and Maryland game. In this Clemson game, his WR's dropped 5 balls that should have been easy catches. If those 17 passes were caught, like they should have been, his completion % is 61.5.

And yes he does check down a lot, but I don't blame him. His WR's suck ass and get no separation while his OL is getting beat constantly.

When I saw him live the only passes that were accurate were passes in which there wasn't even a window. It was more like a 30 yard cushion. When required to throw into a small window he couldn't even hit the side of the house.

His accuracy problems are real, IMO. He sucks. Do not want.

tony77 01-19-2013 06:05 PM

I just find it absurd 95% of the board is so sold on geno smith.

htismaqe 01-19-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony77 (Post 9333641)

Why?

htismaqe 01-19-2013 06:08 PM

I can't believe someone is trying to make a case for Mike Glennon.

Hammock Parties 01-19-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony77 (Post 9333641)

We're not "sold" on him. There's a chance he could bust. There are things I don't like about his game.

But 95 percent of the board pretty clearly sees him as the BEST option, over any other player, and that's pretty hard to argue against.

RunKC 01-19-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9333637)
When was the last time some dipshit came out of college with a 58.5 percent completion percentage and was a good NFL QB?

Russell Wilson played in the same offense with the same coach with the same shitty surrounding talent and never completed 60% of his passes 3 years at the same school

Pasta Little Brioni 01-19-2013 06:11 PM

He uh has a uh nice neck/Lestat