ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Knowmo's Homer Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274917)

MagicHef 08-01-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9851000)
Without a QB your entire list goes down the toilet.

No QB, no passing attack. No passing attack, the opposing D stacks the line and your ground game goes to hell. No ground game, no extended offensive series. No offensive drives, and your Defense gets no rest and gives up big drives and points.

No QB and everything goes to hell. If the Broncos lose Peyton, they are toast.

I doubt you paid much attention to the AFCW two years ago, but I feel you should know that Denver won the division with Tebow.

RealSNR 08-01-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9851042)
Does anyone in this division have a QB? Brock can succeed with the pieces we have.

I really hope you get your wish and Brock gets a chance to start a game or two. I want you to see how awful his accuracy is.

Maybe he's had enough time to make his throwing motion far more efficient and streamlined. In two years it's possible I guess. But I seriously doubt it.

Kaepernick 08-01-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9851042)
Does anyone in this division have a QB? Brock can succeed with the pieces we have.

You have a point there. Rivers and Smiff are not exactly all world. At least Smiff won't hurt his team.

We'll see about Osweiler. John Elwhack is high on him so here is hoping he sucks, but you may be right about the kid.

Quesadilla Joe 08-01-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9851068)
I really hope you get your wish and Brock gets a chance to start a game or two. I want you to see how awful his accuracy is.

Maybe he's had enough time to make his throwing motion far more efficient and streamlined. In two years it's possible I guess. But I seriously doubt it.

He's getting a lot of good reviews in camp. He should get a bunch of snaps in the preseason, I don't see our 3rd and 4th string QB's getting a whole lot of looks this preseason.

Kaepernick 08-01-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9851057)
I doubt you paid much attention to the AFCW two years ago, but I feel you should know that Denver won the division with Tebow.

I paid enough attention to know that the entire Broncos team played FAR FAR harder for Tebow. This despite Fox having no faith in him and Elway hating his guts. The team laid down for Orton. You could see that Orton had no respect of his teammates, but they played way up for Tebow.

Tebow is a natural leader and he lead that team to the playoffs, despite his abysmal passing accuracy. It was a fluke he beat the Steelers to advance in the playoffs. Where his 125 passer rating v. Steelers came from, I have no clue. That game was just mind boggling. Tebow had some very clutch play in that game.

I hate the Broncos so I can't say I know anything about Brock. Maybe he is the next star QB, what do I know? Seems to me, they lose Peyton and they are in a world of hurt.

Kaepernick 08-01-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9851088)
He's getting a lot of good reviews in camp. He should get a bunch of snaps in the preseason, I don't see our 3rd and 4th string QB's getting a whole lot of looks this preseason.

To be fair, there are always camp players who don't see the success in games they see in camp. A much better assessment is what Brock does in preseason games. That will be telling.

vailpass 08-01-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9851122)
To be fair, there are always camp players who don't see the success in games they see in camp. A much better assessment is what Brock does in preseason games. That will be telling.

Fair statement.

Quesadilla Joe 08-02-2013 06:48 AM

At the 6:53 mark in this interview with Mike Klis they debate if the Broncos could make the playoffs with Brock starting every game. They all agree that the Broncos would.

http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=737&f=1697271

RealSNR 08-02-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9852389)
At the 6:53 mark in this interview with Mike Klis they debate if the Broncos could make the playoffs with Brock starting every game. They all I agree that the Broncos would.

http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=737&f=1697271

WHAT A SURPRISE

AussieChiefsFan 08-02-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9847683)
God Knowmo is one stupid dumbass.

Dwayne Bowe had 5 more TD's and a higher average with Matt mother****ing Cassel throwing him the ball.

And what's incredible is Bowe had 35 less receptions in 2010 than Thomas did last year. He also didn't have the luxury of having:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Another capable WR to take pressure off of him.

Put Bowe is Thomas' shoes next year and he gets at least 12 TD's and 1,400 yards.

Yep. It's as simple as this.

Quesadilla Joe 08-02-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9852408)
Yep. It's as simple as this.

Thomas is still better because he is a much better athlete and he doesn't have drop issues. DT can beat you over the top or take a screen pass to the house, Bowe is just a really good possession receiver.

RealSNR 08-02-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9852410)
Thomas is still better because he is a much better athlete and he doesn't have drop issues. DT can beat you over the top or take a screen pass to the house, Bowe is just a really good possession receiver.

Thomas is a much better athlete than Jerry Rice was.

Who was the better WR?

MagicHef 08-02-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9805860)
Thomas has played in 39 games, including playoffs. He has 161 receptions, 2602 yards, and 18 TDs.

Through his first 39 games, Bowe had 183 receptions, 2392 yards, and 16 TDs.

FlaChief58 08-02-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9852415)
Thomas is a much better athlete than Jerry Rice was.

Who was the better WR?

Thomas of course. He dawns the almighty donkey hat so he MUST be the bestest ever, just like anyone else who wears it. Canton has an entire wing dedicated to the pile high donks /knomer

RealSNR 08-02-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9852421)

40% of those games are with Peyton ****ing Manning.

The best Bowe could ever hope for was 2 games with Kyle Orton.

That's the point we've been trying to make. Do you think DT is a better WR just because his numbers blew Larry Fitzgerald's off the charts this past year?

QB matters.