ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352871)

FloridaMan88 03-28-2024 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17460811)
I thought it was kind of funny personally. Imagining a strung out John Sherman outside of a QT trying to grab a vote or two.

And cut it with the tap-out language, that's DC dipshit stuff. I know you're active there and those are your people, but it's not how I roll.

Sounds like you are coming to the realization that your previous statements against this ballot initiative have no logical basis. LMAO

Pablo 03-28-2024 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17460858)
Sounds like you are coming to the realization that your previous statements against this ballot initiative have no logical basis. LMAO

Oh sure that's what's happening here.

You remind me of BEP. You guys discuss matters in a similar manner.

FloridaMan88 03-28-2024 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17460861)
Oh sure that's what's happening here.

You remind me of BEP. You guys discuss matters in a similar manner.

Explain why are you against keeping the same 3/8-cent sales tax in place.

Because you hate John Sherman?

Sounds like a short-sighted dumb reason. Especially since you would be voting no to the Chiefs as well.

|Zach| 03-28-2024 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17460712)
If they'd just firmly stuck with the East Village site from the get-go and announced this thing six months ago; there wouldn't be a fight about this. It wouldn't be a hot topic.

Only the Royals could fumble a bag this hard, and they still might get their votes. But it's just because Jackson county voters will slap a 'yes' vote on anything they perceive makes them a 'big time city' - not because they earned those votes in an honest effort.

Some of the internal polling I have seen makes it look neck and neck I imagine the yes votes win out but in a close one.

|Zach| 03-28-2024 02:36 PM

A lot of people who live and spend a lot of time around downtown were pretty unhappy with the plan closing Oak St.

Now they come around and say they can do it without closing Oak but I have no idea how. And its them changing the entire thing a few days before the vote and after early voting folks have already cast a ballot.

It is such a mess.

It is also shitty because that east village area has been sitting waiting for this. One of the reasons there is so much open land there is because it was an open secret the Royals were going to make a home there so when they made this last second audible it really sucked because we could have done things with that area.

Pablo 03-28-2024 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 17460875)
Some of the internal polling I have seen makes it look neck and neck I imagine the yes votes win out but in a close one.

There's real backlash out there for pushing the Crossroads site last minute that hurt them dramatically.

The Royals would still get shit on being an awful organization, but if they had made this proposal for the East Village site (an ugly pimple that needs revitalization) it passes something like 65/35 instead of going 53/47.

Strongside 03-28-2024 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 17460881)
A lot of people who live and spend a lot of time around downtown were pretty unhappy with the plan closing Oak St.

Now they come around and say they can do it without closing Oak but I have no idea how. And its them changing the entire thing a few days before the vote and after early voting folks have already cast a ballot.

It is such a mess.

It is also shitty because that east village area has been sitting waiting for this. One of the reasons there is so much open land there is because it was an open secret the Royals were going to make a home there so when they made this last second audible it really sucked because we could have done things with that area.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am team YES on the stadium vote, but I have no idea how they&#39;re going to design this thing to keep Oak St. open. <br><br>Here are scale overlays of Busch Stadium, Oriole Park, and Coors. All downtown stadiums. <br><br>The renderings you have seen will be SIGNIFICANTLY impacted by this. <a href="https://t.co/qAyhW4yZ7B">pic.twitter.com/qAyhW4yZ7B</a></p>&mdash; Josh Chavis (@JoshChavis65) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshChavis65/status/1773415043578597516?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 28, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pablo 03-28-2024 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 17460881)

It is such a mess.

That's the biggest gripe people that work/live/play in KC have as far as I can tell.

I can sit here and blabber about the royals being long time losers with an owner that's looking to build and sell. And while that's all true, the site being forced into the Crossroads is a sticking point for more people than you'd think.

That area sucked forever and it finally gets built up to be a focal part for the city, and the big bad royals abandon plans to revitalize an eyesore just to cash in and ultimately destroy something that was built organically.

wazu 03-28-2024 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17460791)
Chiefs = awesome winners that were tacked onto this at the end for support.

Royals = losers and catalyst of this entire vote and undeserving of anything.

If this vote doesn't pass it has zero to do with support for the Chiefs and says everything about the lack of support for the Royals and Sherman's delivery of this message.

If it doesn't pass it has everything to do with the Chiefs. This is a vote to basically keep a tax in place that means we extend Arrowhead for 25 years. The Chiefs aren't there for "support", they want a long term deal.

Pablo 03-28-2024 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 17460889)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am team YES on the stadium vote, but I have no idea how they&#39;re going to design this thing to keep Oak St. open. <br><br>Here are scale overlays of Busch Stadium, Oriole Park, and Coors. All downtown stadiums. <br><br>The renderings you have seen will be SIGNIFICANTLY impacted by this. <a href="https://t.co/qAyhW4yZ7B">pic.twitter.com/qAyhW4yZ7B</a></p>&mdash; Josh Chavis (@JoshChavis65) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshChavis65/status/1773415043578597516?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 28, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Does keeping Oak St open change anything with the way the South Loop Park project is incorporated from your understanding?

Strongside 03-28-2024 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17460905)
Does keeping Oak St open change anything with the way the South Loop Park project is incorporated from your understanding?

Not to my understanding, no.

I think they will have no choice but to reroute the street, which will still end up doing what residents were concerned about: displacing businesses and razing buildings.

ChiefsCountry 03-28-2024 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 17460889)

Look at A&T Park in San Francisco and Target Field in Minneapolis

Strongside 03-28-2024 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17460937)
Look at A&T Park in San Francisco and Target Field in Minneapolis

Did.

Don't fit.

mr. tegu 03-28-2024 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 17460945)
Did.

Don't fit.

Isn’t it obvious? They will shrink the field to better fit the typical Royals roster power numbers thereby improving the team’s scoring while keeping the street. Win win.

J Diddy 03-28-2024 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17460896)
If it doesn't pass it has everything to do with the Chiefs. This is a vote to basically keep a tax in place that means we extend Arrowhead for 25 years. The Chiefs aren't there for "support", they want a long term deal.

So did Sneed.

Pablo 03-28-2024 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 17460922)
Not to my understanding, no.

I think they will have no choice but to reroute the street, which will still end up doing what residents were concerned about: displacing businesses and razing buildings.

Ok.

I can certainly find things to like about this stadium location should it pass. That integration of the south loop park is a major win for walkability and will just plain look cool as hell.

smithandrew051 03-28-2024 04:41 PM

I’d like to change my vote to “no”

FloridaMan88 03-28-2024 04:42 PM

Looks like someone is still bitter.

This is who Team No is associating themselves with… a degenerate crook.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TBT?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TBT</a>: Opening Day 2023<br><br>A lot can happen in a year… <br><br>… From friend and Royals Hall of Famer to an “unpopular and desperate politician.”<br><br>So, what’s the best bar in Jackson County to watch today’s game? <a href="https://t.co/mtfPYftWB6">pic.twitter.com/mtfPYftWB6</a></p>&mdash; Frank White (@JCEFrankWhite) <a href="https://twitter.com/JCEFrankWhite/status/1773397579285336350?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 28, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pablo 03-28-2024 04:44 PM

Frank White **** your dad or something?

Titty Meat 03-28-2024 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17461026)

He's the same guy who thinks the moon landing was staged. Idk who lets these DC tards out of their cage

FloridaMan88 03-28-2024 06:25 PM

Quote:

You are unaware that Frank White is a despicable human being?

Seriously?

GloryDayz 03-28-2024 06:53 PM

Without specifics it was already a 'no' for me. But add that JACO residents, because we're funding the team's future with taxes, should not have any games blacked out, and should be given tickets (season or individual games) at half price. You know, because the new stadium is going to be SOOOOOO successful...

EDIT: And the owner has to commit to adding $10M a year to the player's spending limit each until we're a .666 team. Yeah, put your money where your dream are there Mr. Owner...

scho63 03-28-2024 06:57 PM

Can't you guys rig this voting like Luv's?

GloryDayz 03-28-2024 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17461177)
Can't you guys rig this voting like Luv's?

Is blackmailing/threatening (to move) the citizens seven years before a contract up rigging?

Titty Meat 03-28-2024 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Bearcat 03-28-2024 07:51 PM

Quote:

I figured zero people were surprised he hates a black person, but that probably just means the little bit of DC I read is still too much.

Pablo 03-28-2024 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17461186)

wtf lolol

GabyKeepsMeWarm 03-28-2024 08:06 PM

I've tried to stay out of this thing, if for no other reason than I don't live in Jackson County.

I was very underwhelmed by the Chiefs plan for TSC.

And I'm just kinda curious... If the sales tax vote gets extended, why hasn't there been any type of proposal for when Kauffman gets torn down, to begin building a new Arrowhead at that site and having all new for both teams?

Pablo 03-28-2024 08:11 PM

Jackson county voters in this thread are really splitting at 13 to 12.

But it seems the folks outside of the county would certainly vote this thing through if they could at 45 to 19. Why the dramatic disparity?

Discuss Thrower 03-28-2024 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17461225)

But it seems the folks outside of the county would certainly vote this thing through if they could at 45 to 19. Why the dramatic disparity?

No skin in the game.

Titty Meat 03-28-2024 08:18 PM

Quote:

Most of the people probably don't live around here so they don't see the shit roads, the crime, or has a major increase on their property tax

FloridaMan88 03-28-2024 08:18 PM

Quote:

Yes will get at least 55% of the vote next week... and that is a conservative estimate.

It could very well be above 60% yes.

lewdog 03-28-2024 08:19 PM

I am voting this thing through because I don't live there and I want the Royals to stay in KC.

Thank you!

FloridaMan88 03-28-2024 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17461232)
Most of the people probably don't live around here so they don't see the shit roads, the crime, or has a major increase on their property tax

And keeping an existing 3/8-cent sales tax in place has exactly what impact on that?

LMAO

George Liquor 03-28-2024 08:19 PM

Can i vote half yes just for the Chiefs?

Pablo 03-28-2024 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17461233)
Yes will get at least 55% of the vote next week... and that is a conservative estimate.

It could very well be above 60% yes.

Yeah but I feel like you're probably wrong about most things in life. So maybe you need to take the other side if you want to see this thing win.

FloridaMan88 03-28-2024 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17461238)
Yeah but I feel like you're probably wrong about most things in life. So maybe you need to take the other side if you want to see this thing win.

You think it won't pass?

LMAO

Titty Meat 03-28-2024 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17461236)
And keeping an existing 3/8-cent sales tax in place has exactly what impact on that?

LMAO

You keep proving again and again you are not informed on the issue. You realize we don't know who will pay for the demolition of the K, the 5+ acres that are not covered by the tax you keep talking about, why the tax 3/8 tax you keep mentioning is being changed to a parks tax, keeping oak street among many things isn't even legally binding.

You don't live here. You don't have any idea what you're talking about. Go back to DC and talk about migrants squatting properties

GabyKeepsMeWarm 03-28-2024 08:34 PM

Man... this is quite a pissing match. I really feel like we've all really accomplished something today. Well done!

GloryDayz 03-28-2024 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm (Post 17461222)
I've tried to stay out of this thing, if for no other reason than I don't live in Jackson County.

I was very underwhelmed by the Chiefs plan for TSC.

And I'm just kinda curious... If the sales tax vote gets extended, why hasn't there been any type of proposal for when Kauffman gets torn down, to begin building a new Arrowhead at that site and having all new for both teams?

I think the Chiefs are avoiding the argument that's bound to happen when the dome/no-dome fight happens again.

Titty Meat 03-28-2024 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm (Post 17461261)
Man... this is quite a pissing match. I really feel like we've all really accomplished something today. Well done!

Well if you read what I've stated and actually bothered looking into it you'll see the the things I've brought up aren't addressed by this vote. Another thing Donovan's comments about the concrete at Royals stadium were proven false by a study done by Burns & McDonnell. The loop project was brought up in this thread, the original capping doesn't even cover that part of downtown so that would be additional and is covered by the state. What happens if the state says no? This vote doesn't mean the Royals would move Sherman has even said as much. It would bring them back to the table and actually address these issues instead of rushing it to a vote

GabyKeepsMeWarm 03-28-2024 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17461269)
Well if you read what I've stated and actually bothered looking into it you'll see the the things I've brought up aren't addressed by this vote. Another thing Donovan's comments about the concrete at Royals stadium were proven false by a study done by Burns & McDonnell. The loop project was brought up in this thread, the original capping doesn't even cover that part of downtown so that would be additional and is covered by the state. What happens if the state says no? This vote doesn't mean the Royals would move Sherman has even said as much. It would bring them back to the table and actually address these issues instead of rushing it to a vote

It wasn't a personal attack. Just stating the obvious. Lot of back and forth jabs, insults and points made by people with differing opinions.

Another reason why I've tried to stay out of this.

Titty Meat 03-28-2024 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm (Post 17461282)
It wasn't a personal attack. Just stating the obvious. Lot of back and forth jabs, insults and points made by people with differing opinions.

None taken

dlphg9 03-28-2024 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17460691)
It's a grift, the amount of money he wants is about the same as the value of the Royals.

Dude wants the stadium to sell the Royals and double his worth.

I really don't think he plans on selling. I really think he wants to own an MLB club. He's already got plenty of money. Once they have his kind of money, then they want things that only few people have and there are only 30 MLB clubs. That's more exclusive than being a billionaire, since there are over 3000 of those.

No way he sells, because he is absolutely set.

srvy 03-29-2024 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17460801)
If you vote no next Tuesday you are siding with that group… and Frank White.

Frank White… whose only relevance in his pathetic life was his association with the Royals… and he’s forever bitter that they kicked his deadbeat ass to the curb.

Frank White who misused $20 million+ in tax payers dollars allocated to fight crime/drugs… to bankroll his degenerate lifestyle.

That’s who the no voters are siding with. ROFL

It doesn't mean anything if you are living in Jackson County other than that you are tired of this bullshit of expecting the public to pay for more ineptness.

Also how can anyone believe anything shyster Sherman shits out of his pig head mouth. That dude needs to be called pig head that's what he looks like. Every time he tries to make a point I think to myself that will do pig.

GloryDayz 03-29-2024 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 17461615)
It doesn't mean anything if you are living in Jackson County other than that you are tired of this bullshit of expecting the public to pay for more ineptness.

Also how can anyone believe anything shyster Sherman shits out of his pig head mouth. That dude needs to be called pig head that's what he looks like. Every time he tries to make a point I think to myself that will do pig.

Sadly too few people are willing to call his bluff even one time. Nobody in government will ask the pig if he's going to ensure games aren't blacked-out for JACO residences and businesses, or what kind of JACO-specific ticket pricing structure he plans to offer those who are footing the bill.

Why, because he intends to **** JACO residents and the city officials are more than happy to let it happen.

FloridaMan88 04-02-2024 11:18 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> Head Coach Andy Reid after voting YES in Jackson County. <a href="https://twitter.com/KSHB41?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KSHB41</a> <a href="https://t.co/Uy4afV0mRZ">pic.twitter.com/Uy4afV0mRZ</a></p>&mdash; Taylor Hemness 📺 (@taylorhemness) <a href="https://twitter.com/taylorhemness/status/1775139453037633614?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 2, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Titty Meat 04-02-2024 11:23 AM

Very weird the loudest voice for "Yes" on here is some Mexican dude in Miami lol

Mecca 04-02-2024 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17467251)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> Head Coach Andy Reid after voting YES in Jackson County. <a href="https://twitter.com/KSHB41?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KSHB41</a> <a href="https://t.co/Uy4afV0mRZ">pic.twitter.com/Uy4afV0mRZ</a></p>&mdash; Taylor Hemness 📺 (@taylorhemness) <a href="https://twitter.com/taylorhemness/status/1775139453037633614?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 2, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm shocked a team employee would vote yes.

Mecca 04-02-2024 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17467264)
Very weird the loudest voice for "Yes" on here is some Mexican dude in Miami lol

It's easy to play with money that isn't yours.

|Zach| 04-02-2024 11:24 AM

Voted no today.

They need to come back to us with a better plan than this.

And if they don't? **** em.

FloridaMan88 04-02-2024 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17467264)

You are going to take your guidance from Degenerate Frank White… or Andy Reid?

siberian khatru 04-02-2024 11:26 AM

Quote:

Gotta love KC Wolf nodding along, LIKE THE COMPANY STOOGE IT IS.

Mecca 04-02-2024 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17467268)

Should you be taking your advice from any sports figure?

|Zach| 04-02-2024 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 17467269)
Gotta love KC Wolf nodding along, LIKE THE COMPANY STOOGE IT IS.

"How KC Wolf is morally bankrupt MY COLUMN:"

KCUnited 04-02-2024 11:27 AM

Quote:

Ironically being interviewed on Oak St (and 52nd)

Bearcat 04-02-2024 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17467268)

Stop spamming the thread, dipshit... for the 20th time, you hate Frank White. Got it.

FlaChief58 04-02-2024 11:30 AM

What time do the polls close there?

Mecca 04-02-2024 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17467279)
Stop spamming the thread, dipshit... for the 20th time, you hate Frank White. Got it.

I had no idea Frank White butt ****ed his mom in 1983.

FloridaMan88 04-02-2024 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 17467267)
Voted no today.

SportingKC is supporting the Yes vote.

Pablo 04-02-2024 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17467284)

And some of the jizz trickled down into her vag. And Kcchiefs fan 50/50 was born a short nine months later

Spott 04-02-2024 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17467284)

He butt ****ed his own mom? He was a freak with those gold gloves.

Rainbarrel 04-02-2024 11:47 AM

It's baseball with the ROYALS(in Shawshank Iowa)

Titty Meat 04-02-2024 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaChief58 (Post 17467282)
What time do the polls close there?

ThrobProng 04-02-2024 11:49 AM

What will a can of beer cost at the new Arrowhead? $30?

Titty Meat 04-02-2024 11:50 AM

Quote:

Voted no today.

This is where I'm at

duncan_idaho 04-02-2024 11:59 AM

Quote:

Voted no today.

I voted Yes.

The Royals might come back with a different plan, but 'better?' Color me skeptical that it will be better when there is more competition than just Jackson County.

Peter Gibbons 04-02-2024 12:00 PM

I voted yes by mail from my home in Ohio (twice).

FloridaMan88 04-02-2024 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17467351)
I voted Yes.

The Royals might come back with a different plan, but 'better?' Color me skeptical that it will be better when there is more competition than just Jackson County.

That “better” plan will be in Nashville.

But at least people in Jackson County will “save” on paying a 3/8-cent sales tax after 2030.

Hammock Parties 04-02-2024 12:07 PM

RIGGED

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...bw&oe=661226B8

Hammock Parties 04-02-2024 12:07 PM

Quote:

Voted no today.

No, commie.

**** you.

You will lose.

Pablo 04-02-2024 12:08 PM

lol that story sounds completely real and not fabricated at all

FloridaMan88 04-02-2024 12:09 PM

Figures the “No” Reeruns have to cheat… turning people away wearing Chiefs/Royals clothing is weak.

Pablo 04-02-2024 12:12 PM

I read if they were wearing a red political hat and a chiefs shirt they turned them away double hard!

Bearcat 04-02-2024 12:13 PM

Quote:

I voted Yes.

Nashville has been thrown around here, so I googled and the first article had a headline "Long on promises and short on details" regarding a new stadium plan... who knows, maybe that suddenly wouldn't matter if the Royals give no shits about moving, but they're either half-baking another proposal for money somewhere else or putting effort towards addressing concerns with their current plan.

I feel like if the latter is completely off the table while they rush to take money from OP or Nashville or wherever, then I'd kind of lean towards '**** 'em', personally.

|Zach| 04-02-2024 12:15 PM

Quote:

I voted Yes.

Hey that is fine they can go find their fortunes somewhere else.

I think they are going to run into a similar problem elsewhere and I think they have overplayed this particular hand but fairplay go on and leave.

|Zach| 04-02-2024 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17467288)
SportingKC is supporting the Yes vote.

I don't give a shit.

My man, do you think I make every life decision according to teams I watch?

Your posts in this thread are weird as hell. I have never liked you and that is fine that is no big deal totally putting that aside your posts in this thread make you look like a person that has tied their self worth to sports teams and probably needs some help.

Are you ok?

Mecca 04-02-2024 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17467374)
No, commie.

**** you.

You will lose.

Are you like a gimmick poster?

Mecca 04-02-2024 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17467389)
Nashville has been thrown around here, so I googled and the first article had a headline "Long on promises and short on details" regarding a new stadium plan... who knows, maybe that suddenly wouldn't matter if the Royals give no shits about moving, but they're either half-baking another proposal for money somewhere else or putting effort towards addressing concerns with their current plan.

I feel like if the latter is completely off the table while they rush to take money from OP or Nashville or wherever, then I'd kind of lean towards '**** 'em', personally.

I'm sure Nashville that is paying billions for a new Titans stadium is just going to hand the Royals billions at the same time.

|Zach| 04-02-2024 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17467403)
I'm sure Nashville that is paying billions for a new Titans stadium is just going to hand the Royals billions at the same time.

I think it is a bluff and am happy to call it in advocacy for my community but if they pack up and leave come what may. Life is made of decisions they have made the playoffs like twice in my lifetime.