ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352575)

Titty Meat 03-01-2024 10:16 AM

Only Mahomes can be good according to CP

MahomesMagic 03-01-2024 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17423840)
I like that he isn't hiring an agent. That's actually smart if you are going to be a #1 pick. All draft picks are slotted anyway. Would want one after you sign your contract and future contracts but what is really the point to give 2% or whatever away on your rookie deal?

But if you don't pay a guy in the collective you have a network of connected people that will work 24/7 on destroying your brand.

Maybe that is the more expensive route seeing as how great QB's make so much endorsement $$$?

ThaVirus 03-01-2024 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 17423679)
Dumbass defense-minded head coach with a revolving door of OCs. Chicago looks good on paper for all the reasons you mentioned, but it's far from perfect. He's probably going to be changing head coaches and offensive playbooks/systems some time in the next two seasons.

If I'm Williams I'm not going to refuse to go there, but it's not exactly a perfect fit. It's what he said -- he's gonna get drafted and have a chance to be a starting QB in the NFL. Doesn't matter if it's Chicago, Washington, or wherever.

I agree, but that’s the case with any team that earned a top 10 draft pick*

If I was an elite prospect, I think I’d rather go to Chicago than the WSH, NE, ARZ, TEN, NYG. Probably others I’m not going to look into too much.

*By the way, I misremembered earlier when I said they had another top 5 pick. They have the #9 pick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17423682)
Maybe I am remembering wrong but I don;t recall Wilson acting like a weirdo until after he was having success in the NFL.

Like you said when you are winning you can get away with it.

Caleb has shown nothing in the NFL to get away with it.

Maybe he is the real deal and becomes a top 5 QB.

I don't see it.

Well he enjoyed pretty immediate success in the NFL, but regardless he was always weird.

TwistedChief 03-01-2024 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 17423789)
One of my buddies sent me a clip from an Outkick (I know) podcast. They were saying that Williams hasn't hired an NFLPA approved agent because during the interview process they were asking potential agents if they'd be willing to subvert the collective bargaining agreement by demanding the team break the rookie scale. I have no idea if that's true.

https://video.outkick.com/m/eoQ9wH6r...on-and-withrow

There’s a recent article on The Athletic that discusses all this stuff around him regarding ownership, etc, and it mentions that it entirely seems to be coming from his father who has micromanaged his entire career. I think it’s less a feeling that he “deserves” it and more an attempt to see if the envelope can be pushed.

I agree that all of the discussion comes off as doucey, but if you step back, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with his being iconoclastic and trying to break some of these stupid NFL norms. It obviously would benefit him - yes - but it would also set a precedent and benefit others down the line.

Lzen 03-01-2024 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17423843)
Only Mahomes can be good according to CP

That's not what is being said.

Did Mahomes act like a self-absorbed jackass as if he's already proven himself in the NFL and can make demands? No? Ok then, this is not even close to being the same thing.

Lzen 03-01-2024 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17423859)
There’s a recent article on The Athletic that discusses all this stuff around him regarding ownership, etc, and it mentions that it entirely seems to be coming from his father who has micromanaged his entire career. I think it’s less a feeling that he “deserves” it and more an attempt to see if the envelope can be pushed.

I agree that all of the discussion comes off as doucey, but if you step back, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with his being iconoclastic and trying to break some of these stupid NFL norms. It obviously would benefit him - yes - but it would also set a precedent and benefit others down the line.

So his dad is LaVar Ball? Got it.

Titty Meat 03-01-2024 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 17423861)
That's not what is being said.

Did Mahomes act like a self-absorbed jackass as if he's already proven himself in the NFL and can make demands? No? Ok then, this is not even close to being the same thing.

Mahomes bet on himself and won. Caleb is a good player perhaps he is a spoiled douche but he's going to be the #1 pick. Why not ask for the world?

Jerm 03-01-2024 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 17423873)
So his dad is LaVar Ball? Got it.

https://c.tenor.com/nWWfRixUcpQAAAAC/tenor.gif

MahomesMagic 03-01-2024 10:28 AM

Who knows. Talent wise I see him as comparable to Kyler Murray who had some initial success but wasn't able to overcome the Arizona org.

And the coach was KK and now he might be coaching Caleb.

And Washington has been just as inept and lost as a franchise.

DrunkBassGuitar 03-01-2024 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17423617)
Basically just any QB lol

Josh Allen, Burrow, Hurts, Purdy, Dak, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, Lamar Jackson.. the list goes on.

**** all those pieces of shit

Imon Yourside 03-01-2024 10:31 AM

I get the feeling Daniels might be better. Even Booger agrees!

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XJzs9hksGSE" title="Jayden Daniels is BUILT DIFFERENT Because Of This - QB Film Breakdown | Chase Daniel Show" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I also think it depends A LOT on who these guys get as coaches, Andy Reid could do wonders with either one.

MahomesMagic 03-01-2024 10:32 AM

If Bears trade down and take Drake Maye and Washington pays through the nose for Caleb, I expect Maye to have more NFL success.

Bears seem like their GM has been making very good moves over and over.

Only miss recently was signing Tremaine Edmunds to that contract.

TwistedChief 03-01-2024 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17423892)
If Bears trade down and take Drake Maye and Washington pays through the nose for Caleb, I expect Maye to have more NFL success.

Chase Claypool says hello. Gosh, that was bad.

wazu 03-01-2024 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17423892)

I mean, he did just pass on CJ Stroud last year. The Bears will get everything right except QB.

MahomesMagic 03-01-2024 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17423903)
Chase Claypool says hello. Gosh, that was bad.

Another Non Sequitur.

Gravedigger 03-01-2024 10:40 AM

I'd stay away from Maye, getting Trubisky vibes from him, it'd be Daniels for me if I'm in the top 3.

Woogieman 03-01-2024 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17423598)
Beat me to it.

Not sure what the average Chiefs fan’s obsession with tearing this dude down is all about.. they compare him to Mahomes and all of a sudden we’ve got raging hate boners for the guy.

"raging hate boners"?? That's a bit overwrought, isn't it?

MahomesMagic 03-01-2024 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17423906)
I mean, he did just pass on CJ Stroud last year. The Bears will get everything right except QB.

Let's see what they do this draft.

If they mess up and don't get a good QB then last year will haunt them.

They own the #1 pick though so let's see how they use it.

MahomesMagic 03-01-2024 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 17423908)
I'd stay away from Maye, getting Trubisky vibes from him, it'd be Daniels for me if I'm in the top 3.

I don't know.

Think Maye is getting undervalued and the Daniels hype is a bit too high.

TwistedChief 03-01-2024 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17423907)
Another Non Sequitur.

How is it a non sequitur when you’re praising Ryan Poles for all these good decisions outside of Edmunds and I remind you that he made one of the worst trades of the last few years?

Do you know what a non sequitur is? And why are you capitalizing it?

MahomesMagic 03-01-2024 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17423915)
How is it a non sequitur when you’re praising Ryan Poles for all these good decisions outside of Edmunds and I remind you that he made one of the worst trades of the last few years?

Ok, they lost a 2nd round pick.

When you add in all the extra capital they already acquired, not sinking any ships.

Veach had a horrible first draft in KC and the Frank Clark trade and the Hitchens FA signing were pretty gross early moves.

None of those stopped Veach from making better moves elsewhere.

Very simple minded mindset you have there.

;)

wazu 03-01-2024 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17423912)
Let's see what they do this draft.

If they mess up and don't get a good QB then last year will haunt them.

They own the #1 pick though so let's see how they use it.

Yeah, the table is set for them to get a top guy and crush it. Hard to imagine that whomever they get will be better than Stroud, but if they find somebody comparable it could work out great.

staylor26 03-01-2024 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17423915)

He's extra reeruned today.

MahomesMagic 03-01-2024 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17423921)
Yeah, the table is set for them to get a top guy and crush it. Hard to imagine that whomever they get will be better than Stroud, but if they find somebody comparable it could work out great.

Stroud is a very good young QB but Slowik is going to be a head coach somewhere very soon.

TwistedChief 03-01-2024 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17423920)
Ok, they lost a 2nd round pick.

When you add in all the extra capital they already acquired, not sinking any ships.

What capital are you talking about that they had acquired BEFORE they traded what turned out to be the 32nd pick in the draft for Claypool?

The trade was labeled an overpay when it happened and it looks horrific in hindsight.

MahomesMagic 03-01-2024 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17423929)
What capital are you talking about that they had acquired BEFORE they traded what turned out to be the 32nd pick in the draft for Claypool?

The trade was labeled an overpay when it happened and it looks horrific in hindsight.

So what? No GM bats 1.000

They have added more draft capital than they lost overall.

Poles is doing well so far.

If the standard is that a GM can't make a mistake then Veach sucks too.

TwistedChief 03-01-2024 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17423931)

What don’t you understand here?

You went out of your way to praise him. Fine. You then went out of your way to say the only recent mistake he made was signing Edmunds. I reminded you that he also traded for Claypool which was much worse. You then pretend like I’m having some debate about how good of a GM he is when instead I’m just pointing out that you have a glaring omission when you’re complimenting him on his track record.

And fwiw - I think the Carolina trade last year was more the stupidity of that franchise than the shrewdness of Poles.

Chiefnj2 03-01-2024 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17423628)
Thinking about it, this is how I feel about the situation. The farthest this guy falls is to #2. Very few teams will be in the market for him. Does he really need to submit records to teams that have no chance at drafting him?

Teams will look at old medical data when they sign FA’s and/or trade for a guy and compare it to the current physical.

Shields68 03-01-2024 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17423931)

Right or wrong Poles job evaluation comes down to getting the QB decision right. Chicago fans will monday morning QB his decision and it bette be right.

MahomesMagic 03-01-2024 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17423941)

You went out of your way to praise him. Fine. You then went out of your way to say the only recent mistake he made was signing Edmunds. I reminded you that he also traded for Claypool which was much worse. You then pretend like I’m having some debate about how good of a GM he is when instead I’m just pointing out that you have a glaring omission when you’re complimenting him on his track record.

And fwiw - I think the Carolina trade last year was more the stupidity of that franchise than the shrewdness of Poles.

;)

Sure, back away now.

Anyways, back to the thread topic.

Shields68 03-01-2024 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17423941)

IF Carolina took CJ and he performed the same he did for the Texans I think it would have been a good trade for them.

MahomesMagic 03-01-2024 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shields68 (Post 17423953)
IF Carolina took CJ and he performed the same he did for the Texans I think it would have been a good trade for them.

He might have been a great pick but if Stroud went to Carolina no one would be praising the Panthers.

They had no line and no weapons and poor coaching.

Chiefnj2 03-01-2024 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17423840)
I like that he isn't hiring an agent. That's actually smart if you are going to be a #1 pick. All draft picks are slotted anyway. Would want one after you sign your contract and future contracts but what is really the point to give 2% or whatever away on your rookie deal?

How the contract is structured matters. Agents also set up classes and coaching for how to interview. Teams and others are going to toss out rumors and things like that to drop his stock so he falls to another team. Agents have a direct line to the coaches and GMs to immediately refute the rumors and kill them before they gain ground. It seems like he needs that with his wildcard dad.

-King- 03-01-2024 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 17423684)
NFL is combat sport. Most of the 53 put their long-term health in jeopardy. Offensive lineman have to learn how to deal with injuries that could put you on short-term disability and could keep you out of your cubicle farm for weeks. And it's cut-throat. Every year younger and quicker players get drafted to take your job. You can be a male model influencer and play cover corner or run your little 10 yard out routes. But you can't be QB (see Colin and Dwayne and Manzel). I've watched this douche for years (had a tangential connection to Gonzaga highschool) and I can gaurantee you that that partial ownership, chicago whining, and medical bullshit is coming from him and his family. His shtick is not going to fly in a professional locker room if his hero ball style doesn't translate to success.

So...basically, the case with every other QB in the league?

Mecca 03-01-2024 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17423888)
I get the feeling Daniels might be better. Even Booger agrees!

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XJzs9hksGSE" title="Jayden Daniels is BUILT DIFFERENT Because Of This - QB Film Breakdown | Chase Daniel Show" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I also think it depends A LOT on who these guys get as coaches, Andy Reid could do wonders with either one.

I would be really really weary of Daniels, he's throwing to 2 1st round WRs and a lot of his stuff doesn't scream NFL translatable.

Imon Yourside 03-01-2024 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 17423908)

Exactly the same for me.

TwistedChief 03-01-2024 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shields68 (Post 17423953)

Oh, it definitely would’ve ended up being a good trade. But it felt like an overpay at the time of the trade regardless and the fact that they ended up with Young who struggled in the way everyone would’ve expected definitely is a major failure. I thought the fact that they acquired their rookie QB darling while simultaneously giving away his best offensive weapon by far was completely negligent. They needed Moore there to get a true evaluation of Young’s talents.

Mecca 03-01-2024 11:15 AM

I think Maye is solid but I don't think he's a franchise player, I think his absolute best case scenario is more mobile Matt Ryan but he could just as easily end up being Alex Smith.

Imon Yourside 03-01-2024 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17423970)
I would be really really weary of Daniels, he's throwing to 2 1st round WRs and a lot of his stuff doesn't scream NFL translatable.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qycwAX5Ei2E" title="Caleb Williams is NOT What You Think - QB Film Breakdown | Chase Daniel Show" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know you're a USC guy and I get it to he was throwing to but he also made the right reads and seems fast at it. I'm getting Stroud vibes from Daniels, only he has legs as well. He is a smaller guy so he will have to bulk up a bit for the NFL but we shall see. I'm no expert by far just my eye test and I think Caleb would benefit from having a coach like Reid or Mcvay, perhaps the Seahawks ex O coordinator as well.

Mecca 03-01-2024 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17423981)
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qycwAX5Ei2E" title="Caleb Williams is NOT What You Think - QB Film Breakdown | Chase Daniel Show" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know you're a USC guy and I get it to he was throwing to but he also made the right reads and seems fast at it. I'm getting Stroud vibes from Daniels, only he has legs as well. He is a smaller guy so he will have to bulk up a bit for the NFL but we shall see. I'm no expert by far just my eye test and I think Caleb would benefit from having a coach like Reid or Mcvay, perhaps the Seahawks ex O coordinator as well.

Caleb needs to be coached out of thinking he can do anything at anytime, he will literally not take designed easy throws for 1st downs because he wants to go long.

Eleazar 03-01-2024 11:38 AM

Just armchair thinking here, but when you have a guy with super elite arm talent like this, but who doesn't take what the defense gives him at times, wouldn't you want to know how coachable he is? Especially if the athleticism of the defensive linemen he's playing against in the NFL will be much greater and negate some of his escapability, throwing windows will be tighter, reads will need to be made faster, all else.

The attitude coming out of his camp seems to be more that he's a finished product, teams should be considering him as such. Is that the case in his mind, too?

Mecca 03-01-2024 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 17424015)
Just armchair thinking here, but when you have a guy with super elite arm talent like this, but who doesn't take what the defense gives him at times, wouldn't you want to know how coachable he is? Especially if the athleticism of the defensive linemen he's playing against in the NFL will be much greater and negate some of his escapability, throwing windows will be tighter, reads will need to be made faster, all else.

The attitude coming out of his camp seems to be more that he's a finished product, teams should be considering him as such. Is that the case in his mind, too?

Could be a lot of things, I don't think Lincoln Riley is a QB whisperer so he just let Caleb do Caleb things.

Also he apparently said the teams he visits will get his medicals, so this is much a do about nothing.

Imon Yourside 03-01-2024 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17423987)
Caleb needs to be coached out of thinking he can do anything at anytime, he will literally not take designed easy throws for 1st downs because he wants to go long.

I think his biggest problem is wearing his hate on his sleeve, Mahomes does a great job of being the nice guy saying all the right things but you know he pumps himself full of I'll show them. If Caleb gets the right coach it will make a world of difference, Shane Waldron might be the calming force if he goes to the Bears which I think is a no brainer. I'm just puzzled as to why the Bears kept Eberflus.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-01-2024 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17423606)
It has nothing to do with Mahomes.

Caleb is coming across like one of the most entitled little child in NFL history.

What's more creepy is the white knights riding in to his rescue. Now that is creepy...

Mecca 03-01-2024 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17424020)
I think his biggest problem is wearing his hate on his sleeve, Mahomes does a great job of being the nice guy saying all the right things but you know he pumps himself full of I'll show them. If Caleb gets the right coach it will make a world of difference, Shane Waldron might be the calming force if he goes to the Bears which I think is a no brainer. I'm just puzzled as to why the Bears kept Eberflus.

The Eberflus shit makes no sense, I guess they somehow think the fact that they finished the year ok and the defense got better means if Caleb is good they're a playoff team?

ChiefsFanatic 03-01-2024 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 17423648)
LMAO. I didn’t now that Deion story.

You didn't then it either

ThaVirus 03-01-2024 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 17423886)
**** all those pieces of shit

This post made me laugh. I don’t get it though. None of those dudes bother me, especially given the fact that our guy is better than any of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woogieman (Post 17423911)
"raging hate boners"?? That's a bit overwrought, isn't it?

Idk. We’ve had multiple threads about this dude and the comments are all extremely negative. It’s weird that people here care so much.

His school didn’t play Kansas or Mizzou much and he isn’t even likely to play in the Chiefs’ conference at this rate. He is irrelevant.

Eleazar 03-01-2024 11:45 AM

I guess if you're the Bears, you might feel that Fields' limitations as a passer are the team's primary problem and that Williams should develop into an elite passer. On the surface level it makes sense irrespective of the staff.

RunKC 03-01-2024 11:45 AM

Deion Sanders acted this way and wouldn’t even talk to teams that didn’t have a high enough pick to take him.

He turned out fine and so will Caleb. He’s gonna be good. If any franchise deserves a good QB it’s the Bears

Imon Yourside 03-01-2024 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17424026)
The Eberflus shit makes no sense, I guess they somehow think the fact that they finished the year ok and the defense got better means if Caleb is good they're a playoff team?

Not a good organization.

ThaVirus 03-01-2024 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17424040)
Deion Sanders acted this way and wouldn’t even talk to teams that didn’t have a high enough pick to take him.

He turned out fine and so will Caleb. He’s gonna be good. If any franchise deserves a good QB it’s the Bears

And Deion went 6th overall. Talking like that to a team with the 18th pick.

I wasn’t alive at the time to know if he was a projected #1 overall but I doubt it in such a stacked draft.

That’s insane confidence.. or maybe he had conversations with teams that led him to believe there was absolutely no way he’d fall beyond a certain pick.

Titty Meat 03-01-2024 12:09 PM

CP hates confident black men

notorious 03-01-2024 12:12 PM

Quote:

Whoa, cornerback is a hell of a lot different than QB.

wannaGOback 03-01-2024 12:15 PM

Daniels is now my QB1. Anyone who drafts Caleb ahead of this guy will be at risk of losing their job.

seamonster 03-01-2024 12:34 PM

Quote:

CB has supreme accuracy , a cannon arm and high-level pocket escapability (lateral quickness). I watched him when he played in high-school and he was pretty ****ing good. But he's not even close to being a complete NFL QB. He's always played in dumbed down systems. He'll be starting from day one in a pass-happy offense with out a 1k rusher and the o-line is medicore. If he could sit behind a solid vet and if the team had guard-rails ("culture") he could get away with his heavyduty punky bitch antics but that's not happening. I think he'll be a better QB than fields long term if (big if) the coordinator can adjust his scheme and the players can deal with hero-ball 20 yard sacks.

Buehler445 03-01-2024 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17424094)
CP hates confident black men

I like boobs. They're my favorite thing.

DJ's left nut 03-01-2024 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17424026)

With their cap space and draft capital, if Caleb Williams is even average they should be a playoff team.

They could potentially be a playoff team with Justin Fields next year.

I think Chicago is as good a 1.1 opportunity as any QB has had in a VERY long time.

Megatron96 03-01-2024 12:42 PM

Third time now that I've heard/read about Caleb possibly being a bust. Will be interesting to see how he pans out. And which analysts prove to be correct.

DJ's left nut 03-01-2024 12:45 PM

Quote:

The fact that Miller Moss stepped in and looked as good as Caleb Williams has at any point in the last year has to mean something, right?

Dude throws 6 TDs in his only start. That's gotta matter. Especially when there are real concerns that the guy doesn't process very well.

wazu 03-01-2024 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17424148)
With their cap space and draft capital, if Caleb Williams is even average they should be a playoff team.

They could potentially be a playoff team with Justin Fields next year.

I think Chicago is as good a 1.1 opportunity as any QB has had in a VERY long time.

Bad coaching is more than capable of squandering what should be an embarrassment of riches. It will probably come down to whether or not their new offensive coordinator is good.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-01-2024 12:49 PM

I’m starting to buy in a little on Williams and I think the possibility of Chicago being a real competitor again is fun. Thank God the NFC is finally getting some new QB blood.

MahomesMagic 03-01-2024 12:51 PM

He's very talented. But he does have some flaws.

Unlike Mahomes, who created to keep the play alive, Caleb will actually create the chaos himself even when it is not needed.

Mahomes was killed for this coming out but Caleb is way worse at moving on to the next play.

Imon Yourside 03-01-2024 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannaGOback (Post 17424101)
Daniels is now my QB1. Anyone who drafts Caleb ahead of this guy will be at risk of losing their job.

I hope the Raiders don't get Daniels, then again if they do they can Raider anything up.

DJ's left nut 03-01-2024 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17424172)
He's very talented. But he does have some flaws.

Unlike Mahomes, who created to keep the play alive, Caleb will actually create the chaos himself even when it is not needed.

Mahomes was killed for this coming out but Caleb is way worse at moving on to the next play.

If Deshaun Watson were more athletic, he'd be Caleb Williams.

Watson created far more headaches for himself than he needed to and in the end the only thing he truly did well was throw a pretty deep ball.

Clay would've masturbated furiously to either of those guys back in 2015 in his 'throw it deeeeeeeep' days.

Williams has tools, no question. Premier arm talent, great athleticism. But he's not a polished quarterback in a lot of ways. We've gotten a little bit nutty in that we suddenly expect these guys to be finished products when very very few truly are. He could absolutely learn how to do most of these things he struggles with.

But Fields never did. Many guys before that didn't. And Williams has to self-scout in order to make those improvements; it's not a given that he's open to that sort of thing.

I'd take him at 1.1. I'd simply not be willing to pass on the tools. But man - there's a lot more risk here than many want to think.

Eleazar 03-01-2024 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17424231)

Watson created far more headaches for himself than he needed to and in the end the only thing he truly did well was throw a pretty deep ball.

Clay would've masturbated furiously to either of those guys back in 2015 in his 'throw it deeeeeeeep' days.

Williams has tools, no question. Premier arm talent, great athleticism. But he's not a polished quarterback in a lot of ways. We've gotten a little bit nutty in that we suddenly expect these guys to be finished products when very very few truly are. He could absolutely learn how to do most of these things he struggles with.

But Fields never did. Many guys before that didn't. And Williams has to self-scout in order to make those improvements; it's not a given that he's open to that sort of thing.

I'd take him at 1.1. I'd simply not be willing to pass on the tools. But man - there's a lot more risk here than many want to think.

All in all, I don't know how you could pass on the potential if you're a QB-poor team and your only chance to be relevant is to hit on a QB. You may as well swing for the fence.

Imon Yourside 03-01-2024 01:28 PM

Quote:

Well stated and it all depends on what is around him coaching and talent wise.

MahomesMagic 03-01-2024 01:31 PM

Quote:

To me there are two guys at the top in Caleb and Drake.

Both have talent to be very good. For most prospects, unless you are a generational player like Mahomes or a horrible prospect like Josh Rosen, the destination matters a lot.

If you are a talented prospect and go to a team with no oline, weapons or coaching you are going to look bad.

Then you need coaching fit.

If Josh Allen went to Shanahan I don't think he would be what he is now. He got Daboll who built a unique offense around the QB. Not every QB drafted gets that opportunity.

comochiefsfan 03-01-2024 01:37 PM

I don’t see any kind of leadership gene with Caleb.

He might be great if he went into a ready made situation like SF.

But how will he react when he’s playing for a shitty organization and people are failing all around him?

I have serious doubts but we’ll see.

Titty Meat 03-01-2024 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 17424144)
I like boobs. They're my favorite thing.

I'm going to get some so youll talk to me

neech 03-01-2024 01:44 PM

Quote:

But in today's NFL these teams place these unproven stud QB's right out of college into playing right away instead of giving them half the season or better to learn the fast-paced game and complicated playbooks these teams have.

Throw them into the fire right away.

BenoniBenko 03-01-2024 01:49 PM

This kid is incredibly talented. Barring some disaster (i.e injuries) I have zero doubt he'll be top 5 within 2-3 years in the NFL.

I spent several years of my life living in Chicago and even studied there and they really deserve to have an elite QB. Its unbelievable, they've been around for 100+ years and have this storied history but the only superstar QB they've ever had was Sid Luckman back in the 1940's

Maye is also fantastic as well. He's way better than Jayden Daniels

I hope Williams and Maye go to the NFC . It will help bring some much needed QB talent parity between the 2 conferences.

MahomesMagic 03-01-2024 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenoniBenko (Post 17424288)
This kid is incredibly talented. Barring some disaster (i.e injuries) I have zero doubt he'll be top 5 within 2-3 years in the NFL.

I spent several years of my life living in Chicago and even studied there and they really deserve to have an elite QB. Its unbelievable, they've been around for 100+ years and have this storied history but the only superstar QB they've ever had was Sid Luckman back in the 1940's

Maye is also fantastic as well. He's way better than Jayden Daniels

I hope Williams and Maye go to the NFC . It will help bring some much needed QB talent parity between the 2 conferences.

I think Maye seems like a better coaching fit with the Bears offense.

If the Bears get a boat load of picks from Washington I think they drop 1 spot and take Maye.

BenoniBenko 03-01-2024 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17424305)

If the Bears get a boat load of picks from Washington I think they drop 1 spot and take Maye.

Maye played in a modern air-raid system last year and that's what Kliff is known for. I get your point though, Caleb Williams is Kliff's guy.

Imon Yourside 03-01-2024 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17424305)

Bears can't afford another Trubisky

notorious 03-01-2024 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17424319)

I've always been of the opinion you take shot after shot after shot until you land "the guy".

Bears need to be aggressive, but this guy will implode,and he will take the team with him.

Eleazar 03-01-2024 02:06 PM

How do you approach the subject of his helicopter parents after you draft him, anyway? 'Hey, we like you but this is a professional football team so you need to cut the cord and they need to not be a distraction'

DrunkBassGuitar 03-01-2024 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17424037)
This post made me laugh. I don’t get it though. None of those dudes bother me, especially given the fact that our guy is better than any of them.

Idk. We’ve had multiple threads about this dude and the comments are all extremely negative. It’s weird that people here care so much.

His school didn’t play Kansas or Mizzou much and he isn’t even likely to play in the Chiefs’ conference at this rate. He is irrelevant.

i just thought it would be funny to post that i hate them

thats all lol

Imon Yourside 03-01-2024 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17424327)
I've always been of the opinion you take shot after shot after shot until you land "the guy".

Bears need to be aggressive, but this guy will implode,and he will take the team with him.

They almost have to take Caleb, the hype is real for sure. Not a well run organization and that will matter.

Valiant 03-01-2024 02:22 PM

I get bust vibes from his ability to not beat good teams even though he was surrounded with elite talent. What does he expect at the next level.

Then his demands are asinine for a potential rookie, unless he is gambling to drop his stock and get drafted by a better team at the bottom.

I also read that he doesn't want to show up because he is 5,11. Which looking at photos of him and the coaches may be true.

DJ's left nut 03-01-2024 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17424319)

Yeah - they can't make the same mistake twice. Oh sure, making a completely different mistake isn't much better from a results standpoint, but from a fan satisfaction standpoint, you just can't do the same thing you did last time when you locked in on 'coachability' and floor with Trubisky over a guy like Mahomes who was clearly a superior raw talent even without the benefit of hindsight.

The Bears have to take the guy with the best physical tools this time. And that guy is Williams. It's a risk in its own right and I know they shouldn't make decisions based on the past, but the NFL is still an entertainment industry. That fanbase just can't handle the same process going the same way again. And there's no worse than a coinflip chance of that happening if they pass on Williams for Maye.