ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fallout: The Series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351160)

Rausch 04-20-2024 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17485829)
Just finished E5 last night. Still enjoying the series. For a series based on a game this one feels like the best so far that I've seen.

I watched ep 1 last night and so far it looks like our guy Goggins is going to class the production up. He came to play. I was less than impressed with the rest of the cast. At some points I thought the sets looked great and spot on. Other times it seemed kinda' cheap and guided by wires.

Eh, it's one ep. Goggins is infinite fun and the guy that plays the Brotherhood leader is always a king of creepy. Our lead isn't bad. It's only one ep so I'll have to watch 3 or 4 this weekend and really give it a chance.

Rausch 04-20-2024 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17485357)
Fallout New Vegas was definitely the best of the newer games. Of all the Bethesda games I've played, it has the best, and certainly least annoying, main quest line.

I heard they're giving one of them a facelift and update. Is that NV or 4? I assume NV 'cause 4 didn't come out that long ago.

Frazod 04-20-2024 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 17487597)
I heard they're giving one of them a facelift and update. Is that NV or 4? I assume NV 'cause 4 didn't come out that long ago.

I certainly hope it's NV, because it just doesn't work worth a crap on my new computer (which I bought last year when Starfield came out because my old one, which I bought 10 years ago for Fallout 4, couldn't handle the specs). I haven't tried to play 4 on the new one yet.

Imon Yourside 04-20-2024 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17487645)
I certainly hope it's NV, because it just doesn't work worth a crap on my new computer (which I bought last year when Starfield came out because my old one, which I bought 10 years ago for Fallout 4, couldn't handle the specs). I haven't tried to play 4 on the new one yet.

NV is just plain ugly these days, needs a facelift.

Update was a nothing burger, seek mods :)

Rausch 04-20-2024 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17487691)

Update was a nothing burger, seek mods :)

Well, that sucks...

Imon Yourside 04-20-2024 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 17487718)
Well, that sucks...

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas?t...%28all+time%29

They have some High res mods for it, check them out.

Bowser 04-21-2024 04:04 PM

Digging this a ton. I just finished up the episode where
Spoiler!

(*spoilered, just in case)

I started the original Fallout game and just didn't get into it. Probably have less than an hour of playtime wrapped into it, so I'm going into the show basically unspoiled with no idea what's to come. They've done a great job worldbuilding, and I dig the little nods to the game like the stimpak shot restoring health instantly (Lucy, the dog). They've even made the outro music seem creepy and foreboding somehow. And Walton Goggins is fantastic in this, as he is in about everything I've seen him in.

A Salt Weapon 04-22-2024 05:00 PM

Just finished watching it a second time. Man they did such an amazing job with this show and the cast is about perfect. Still have a couple questions that I hope get answered in season 2.

ThaVirus 04-23-2024 10:27 AM

This show was awesome. It really was such a perfect homage to the games.

My personal favorite was The Ghoul saying “Thou shalt get sidetracked by random bullshit every time”. So true and totally meta.

I also chuckled at Maximus telling Lucy anything could be in the medical research facility. That was always my first thought when entering a building. Am I dealing with ghouls, super mutants, synths, raiders, radroaches, mirelurks???

ThaVirus 04-23-2024 10:32 AM

Norm hacking the Overseer terminal, Blamco Mac & Cheese, Sugar Bombs, radroaches, the Brotherhood, the Enclave, Radaway, Stimpaks, Abraxo Cleaner, Pip Boys, Super Duper Mart, Mr Handy, Red Rocket gas station, New Vegas.

It all seems small but important for the fan base.

Imon Yourside 04-23-2024 11:01 AM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V3z8rUe6Wsg" title="Fallout 76’s New Update Looks Incredible…" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Indian Chief 04-23-2024 01:18 PM

When games screw up their launch (FO76, Cyberpunk, No Man's Sky, etc), I tune out. I'm not being stubborn or petty, I just don't have the wherewithal to circle back around for second chances, no matter how much they fix. There are too many other games to play.

Imon Yourside 04-23-2024 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 17490839)
When games screw up their launch (FO76, Cyberpunk, No Man's Sky, etc), I tune out. I'm not being stubborn or petty, I just don't have the wherewithal to circle back around for second chances, no matter how much they fix. There are too many other games to play.

I understand and I'm not pushing FO76 I played it a bit but i'm not much on any live service crap. I tolerate Division because it's amazing despite hating Ubisoft and the Live service garbage.

UteChief 04-23-2024 01:34 PM

Is this worth watching if you’ve never played the game?

Valiant 04-23-2024 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteChief (Post 17490864)

Yes. It will probably make you want to play them.

Think Skyrim but apocalyptic 50s.

Frazod 04-23-2024 02:42 PM

Quote:

Apparently so. I've seen plenty of glowing reviews begin with the words "I never played the games, but..."

And let's be honest here - while it's very well done and highly entertaining, it's still just a cartoonishly violent, sci-fi fantasy show. This shit ain't rocket science.

I would imagine I would like it had I never played the games, just not as much. I assume this will also inspire a lot of people who never played Fallout before to give it a go. Serious win-win for Bethesda.

dlphg9 04-23-2024 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17487508)

My God, I will have completely forgotten about this by the time it comes out again.

Yeah I wish it was like the old days where you had a season come out every year right around the same time. Now we have to wait at minimum 2 years if we're lucky and we're only getting 8-10 episodes, which drives me ****ing crazy.

stumppy 04-23-2024 04:06 PM

Quote:

Yes it is. I've never played the game but am seriously thinking about it after watching the series.

crayzkirk 04-23-2024 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 17491043)
Yes it is. I've never played the game but am seriously thinking about it after watching the series.

I have the original game somewhere; I remember playing it and thinking it was rather tedious. I'm more of a FPS and RTS player instead of the roll playing games.

I liked the series. A lot doesn't make sense because I don't know the background however the actors seem to be enjoying it.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-24-2024 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 17478622)
Michael Rapaport...

Spoiler!

Even the humor has been well done.

Naming him knight Titus was a genius touch ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 04-24-2024 08:56 AM

Fantastic show...and I don't say that often

BigRichard 04-24-2024 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17491649)
Naming him knight Titus was a genius touch ROFL

Can you fill me in on this? Something I must not know.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-24-2024 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 17492363)

I had him confused with someone else lol There was a show back in the day called Titus. For some reason I thought he was on it

Imon Yourside 04-25-2024 05:51 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mVZ_c_eVW0g" title="HUGE Free PC Game Update is Out Now + Get Fallout Games CHEAPER on Steam" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fallout 4 update and a link to buy all of the fallout games for cheap on Steam if anyone is interested.

El Lobo Gordo 04-25-2024 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 17492363)

Titus Manlius was a roman youth who did a kinda David and Goliath thing. He accepted a challenge for single combat against a physically superior Gaul and ended up kicking his ass.

Nobody anticipates it but Titus will **** you up.

PatMahomesIsGod 04-26-2024 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 17491043)

I randomly ended up at the Fallout: NV launch party at the Palms after backpacking the Grand Canyon. Wayne Newton and Vamipre Weekend were there.

Serendipity!

stumppy 04-26-2024 05:01 PM

I went ahead and got Fallout 4. Thought I'd give it a try.

Just got a new PC, hopefully it will run the game alright.

Ryzen 5 5500 3.6 ghtz, 6 core and a Radeon RX 6500 XT GPU.

notorious 04-28-2024 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 17498537)
I went ahead and got Fallout 4. Thought I'd give it a try.

Just got a new PC, hopefully it will run the game alright.

Ryzen 5 5500 3.6 ghtz, 6 core and a Radeon RX 6500 XT GPU.

Nice.

It will have no prob running FO4. I'm struggling to get into 3, just hard to do. The gunplay sucks ass, have to use VATS, and I find the conversation strings tedious.

Coming off of 7 Days to Die where you talk to no one, that might be my problem.

stumppy 04-28-2024 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17502341)
Nice.

It will have no prob running FO4. I'm struggling to get into 3, just hard to do. The gunplay sucks ass, have to use VATS, and I find the conversation strings tedious.

It doesn't seem to have a problem running it.

This is only the second RPG I've tried. Tried Valheim a couple yrs ago and just couldn't get into it. I'm getting the hang of it in FO4. I've already got myself some armor with a mini gun.:) FPS were always my favorite but it's been several years since I out any time into playing. Pretty sure I'm going to waste a lot of time playing FO4.

srvy 04-28-2024 04:10 PM

Quote:

Very much worth watching and I don't play video games. Walter Goggins made it a cant miss for me and it didn't disappoint.

It didn't make me go out and buy the game and learn to play. I'm to damn old for that.

GloucesterChief 04-28-2024 08:53 PM

I hate how they turned Vaut-tec from evil but just somewhat incompetent to evil and absolute morons.

Though with good writing they can make Mr. House how he is in New Vegas as morally grey but very smart.

Loneiguana 04-29-2024 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17502341)
Nice.

I got about 30 hours into 3 before I bounced off for much the same reason.

I loved when it came out. I wanted to play through it again and would have sooner if not for stupid games for windows legacy nonsense.

Still 30 hours for 4.99 off steam isn't bad.

notorious 04-29-2024 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loneiguana (Post 17503409)
I got about 30 hours into 3 before I bounced off for much the same reason.

I loved when it came out. I wanted to play through it again and would have sooner if not for stupid games for windows legacy nonsense.

Still 30 hours for 4.99 off steam isn't bad.

Steam is a goldmine for deals. When the sales go on you can purchase hundreds of hour of entertainment for a few dollars.

I purchased Left 4 Dead 2 for my oldest kids at 1.99 and we have played for hundreds of hours together the last 8 years.

Frazod 05-02-2024 04:04 PM

Well, I got the wife to watch the first episode. She's never played this or any other video game, and seemed to really enjoy it.

Otter 05-03-2024 07:50 AM

Finished this one last night and was very impressed. There were some silly inconsistencies but overall it was great. Never played the game. My biggest complaint is that we never got to see Goosie's boobs and the ghoul didn't eat her finger after he cut it off.

Two questions:

Spoiler!

GloucesterChief 05-03-2024 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 17508305)
Finished this one last night and was very impressed. There were some silly inconsistencies but overall it was great. Never played the game. My biggest complaint is that we never got to see Goosie's boobs and the ghoul didn't eat her finger after he cut it off.

Two questions:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

alanm 05-03-2024 09:12 AM

I'm gonna start watching this tonight when I get home. If it really hooks me I'll probably end up bingeing it. :D

alanm 05-03-2024 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 17502558)
It doesn't seem to have a problem running it.

This is only the second RPG I've tried. Tried Valheim a couple yrs ago and just couldn't get into it. I'm getting the hang of it in FO4. I've already got myself some armor with a mini gun.:) FPS were always my favorite but it's been several years since I out any time into playing. Pretty sure I'm going to waste a lot of time playing FO4.

Valheim kicks ass. It's gone thru a few updates and they've expanded the world quite a bit. And yet those mosquitoes still kick my ass whenever I run into them.

Bump 05-05-2024 12:01 AM

I recently finished this season, it was alright

It held my attention until the end.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-05-2024 09:32 AM

Quote:

Two questions:

Spoiler!

The dude should have hit that when she offered ROFL

mr. tegu 05-05-2024 11:56 PM

I have no concept of the story or content beyond the series, but it’s shocking how much better this was than The Rings of Power. I assume being familiar with the games might make things more meaningful in the moment if that knowledge provides extra context, but I never felt like I was missing anything necessary by not knowing the games.

BigRichard 05-06-2024 05:52 AM

Quote:

Two questions:

Spoiler!

She doesn't appear to be afraid to do some topless stuff... so there is hope.

Image: Not Safe for Work
NSFW Image

PatMahomesIsGod 05-06-2024 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 17510705)

NSFW Image

Bless you sir.

penguinz 05-06-2024 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17487645)

NV is shit on PC without tweaking and modding it.

stumppy 05-06-2024 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 17510705)

NSFW Image

:( I'm disappoint

Frazod 05-06-2024 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 17511035)
:( I'm disappoint

Seriously. The one thing missing here that the game had is a mod that would give her a decent rack.

Otter 05-10-2024 07:28 AM

There's a couple Fallout games on Amazon Luna compete with all DLC if interested.

Imon Yourside 05-11-2024 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 17515306)
There's a couple Fallout games on Amazon Luna compete with all DLC if interested.

Fallout 76 for both Xbox and PC(Microsoft Gamestore)

It's not a bad game, has a lot of new stuff since it's inception but it's mainly a grindy looter shooter type which I like.

Hammock Parties 06-14-2024 06:59 PM

Finale was epic. Felt like an actual setpiece from the end of a Fallout quest.

Walton Goggins is inspired. NEW VEGAS! :)

Also ****ing love everything about Dogmeat. They somehow nailed communicating the connection you feel to him when you acquire him. Amazing show.

Is FO 76 now worth playing?

BleedingRed 06-20-2024 08:45 AM

Please study this hollywood, they even snuck in a gay story line and no one cared!