ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Woof. Alright, so what would you do? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351039)

Bearcat 11-21-2023 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 17236694)
The highest opponent score this season was the broncos with 24 and that included a bunch of turnovers. So you don't even need to score 30. 24 is probably enough with this defense. Average so far is 22.5

It's always so tough to tell given the number of shit offenses in the league, and even the Dolphins have looked like shit against every playoff team they've faced (they didn't even reach the red zone against the Eagles)... the defense has obviously been better than most Mahomes years, but how exactly does that translate to the playoffs when you might have to beat two or three of the best offenses in the league?

Sometimes you just need your offense to score 30+ because Hurts is having the game of his career in the SB.

Last night though was ****ing outstanding. They knew what the Eagles were doing before they did it (besides the one TD run by Hurts that I ironically called when I saw them line up, and a couple of other big plays).

Of all the years I've said the whole defense wins championships is crazy outdated, THIS defense might win one.

Eleazar 11-21-2023 09:14 AM

We have the two most penalized players in the league. Taylor has 12 accepted penalties, 8 of which were per-snap penalties, and Sneed has 9.

They have both been flagged 13 times total. The next most penalized player in the NFL has 10.

ArrowHeader 11-21-2023 09:19 AM

MVS is who we thought he was. It’s almost unfair to the guy to put him in big moments with the game on the line because he’s not that dude and we are killing whatever ounce of confidence he has left.

Bearcat 11-21-2023 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 17236734)
We have the two most penalized players in the league. Taylor has 12 accepted penalties, 8 of which were per-snap penalties, and Sneed has 9.

They have both been flagged 13 times total. The next most penalized player in the NFL has 10.

FIRE THE PENALTY COACH!

DJJasonp 11-21-2023 09:22 AM

i would start with a game plan that did NOT include double-digit targets to Justin Watson.

I would then get Rice and Toney involved more......dont care how.

Would also tell Pat it's ok to dump the ball to Pacheco from time to time, immediately.....not after all reads and a defender has had time to cover pacheco.

Would never throw another deep ball to watson or MVS - as neither of them know how to stay on their route/continue their route through the whistle.

Give Hardman MVS snaps.....pronto.

FFS - Demarcus Robinson would be WR2 on this squad. think about that, burnt peach.

Chiefnj2 11-21-2023 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 17236734)

Sneed’s penalties are acceptable. He has been told to be physical at the LOS to disrupt #1 WRs. You are going to get calls against you when that’s your job.

Chiefnj2 11-21-2023 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowHeader (Post 17236738)
MVS is who we thought he was. It’s almost unfair to the guy to put him in big moments with the game on the line because he’s not that dude and we are killing whatever ounce of confidence he has left.

Except he was that guy in the AFC championship game last year.

RunKC 11-21-2023 09:25 AM

If Mahomes simply makes a better pass on that INT and Kelce doesn't make that mistake fumbling like he never does, then it's 27-21 and we win and the offense is suddenly fixed.

That's how small the margins are. This is all self inflicted

Zebedee DuBois 11-21-2023 09:38 AM

Buy some of this for the receivers

https://www.vivomed.com/wp-content/u.../MUE020T-1.jpg

Zebedee DuBois 11-21-2023 09:39 AM

Also, more JUGS reps in practice

TLO 11-21-2023 09:39 AM

Stickum

DJJasonp 11-21-2023 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 17236766)

i played WR back in the day....and am old enough to have used stickum.

WAY overrated. once your hands hit the ground and got dirt/grass on them, the stickum was useless.

today's WR gloves are 1000% better.

How do you think these (real) receivers make those insane 1 handed grabs?

ChiTown 11-21-2023 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 17236791)
i played WR back in the day....and am old enough to have used stickum.

WAY overrated. once your hands hit the ground and got dirt/grass on them, the stickum was useless.

today's WR gloves are 1000% better.

How do you think these (real) receivers make those insane 1 handed grabs?

HA! I played TE and we used the shit out of that stuff. You are absolutely correct - you had to keep washing off and reapplying. I would have killed for the gloves they have today.

Jerm 11-21-2023 09:52 AM

They built a team to be the ‘18/‘19 Pats but still try to play like they’re the 2020 Chiefs…it just doesn’t work.

They should be a completely power running / run heavy team that uses play action and leans on the defense….the offensive system isn’t malleable though and the personnel isn’t there to run it, it’s jamming a square peg into a round hole.

Gary Cooper 11-21-2023 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17236748)
If Mahomes simply makes a better pass on that INT and Kelce doesn't make that mistake fumbling like he never does, then it's 27-21 and we win and the offense is suddenly fixed.

The Mahomes INT ended up a wash. The Eagles punted a few plays later, the Chiefs had a good punt return, and scored a TD.

We don't know how the game turns out if any of these plays happened. If MVS catches the ball, the Eagles get the ball back with 1:30 only needing a FG. If Watson doesn't drop the 4th and 25, we still have 40 yards remaining for a TD.

The Kelce fumble was huge. Provided they score a TD on that possession the Eagles would be down 10 again. They were at least in FG range.

blake5676 11-21-2023 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 17236744)
Sneed’s penalties are acceptable. He has been told to be physical at the LOS to disrupt #1 WRs. You are going to get calls against you when that’s your job.

Completely agree. Sneed is nasty and his job is to jam and rough up WR's and make them earn their releases. He can get an illegal hands to the face every game as far as I'm concerned as long as it's not in a 3rd and long.

He's the guy the other WR don't want to be lined up against and I love it.

It's the bonehead false starts and numerous holding penalties on our tackles that is hampering this team in the penalty department.

crayzkirk 11-21-2023 10:01 AM

It's not just the WR group; the OL seems to have trouble run blocking as well. Many times, against a four man front, Pacheco is being met in the backfield or simply runs into a brick wall. Teams key on stopping Kelce and the run and wait for a penalty, drop or mistake from a frustrated Mahomes. Most teams seem to be able to stick to our WRs like glue so either they are telegraphing their routes or teams know what the Chiefs are going to do.

JohnnyHammersticks 11-21-2023 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyy God (Post 17236729)
Christ, he really did fly to Argentina.

No wonder his body is breaking down.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/TJawt...giphy.gif&ct=g

The Franchise 11-21-2023 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17236671)
Also the RB screen game needs to make a prominent return… it’s been a non-factor for most of the season.

And Noah Gray is probably a more reliable pass catcher than any of the Chiefs WR’s currently… yet he had zero targets last night.

This is my biggest issue. These WRs aren't cutting it. Why aren't you using 12 personnel and targeting Gray more?

The Franchise 11-21-2023 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17236748)

No...the offense suddenly wouldn't be fixed. We'd be talking about how we won despite the WRs and their drops.

Easy 6 11-21-2023 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17236546)
Don't know what there is to do. The WRs being absolutely shit there's not much to do realistically, but the far more concerning aspect of it is we seem to be watching Kelce age out in real time. He's openly flirting with retirement now and he seems to have been afflicted as well with the ****upitis.

He clearly doesn't look the same this year, its a serious concern

fadeaway 11-21-2023 10:14 AM

Stop f***ing around trying to unearth a new WR1 with garbage and actually play your better players.

OL as it is, but tell JT he needs to sort his shit out or Wanya is having a go. Lean on the OL more, run the ball more and RPO more.

Move Kelce to slot WR. Run 2 TE every play.

WR1 Rashee Rice
WR2 Kadarius Toney
WR3 Justin Watson
WR4 Skyy Moore
WR5 Hardman
WR6 MVS

The Franchise 11-21-2023 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers (Post 17236833)

As much as I like the Uzi pick in the first round....it should have been WR or TE. Mayer or Musgrave right now would help immensely.

Wisconsin_Chief 11-21-2023 10:18 AM

Quote:

Well the NFL has allowed defenders to beat the ever loving shit out of him for 10 years now, this is the end result. Same reason Gronk retired so young. TE is an absolutely brutal position.

I have a horrible feeling this is his last year. He might just retire with Jason and focus on post football life, and I can't say I would blame him at this point. I think at best we're getting 1 more year out of him.

RunKC 11-21-2023 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17236557)
Do coaching staff changes count? Because I'm getting Nagy and that putz WR coach the **** out. 3 straight games now we've been shut out in the second. Whatever Nagy is bringing to the room sure isn't a positive.

Nagy? This is Andy Reid dude. This has always been a problem on an Andy Reid football team dating back to 2001. He'll this was a problem when Nagy was in Chicago.

Peter King's article said Andy met with Nagy about the offense in Frankfurt. Well this week the offense looked much better and a big part of that was running the ball, especially on 3rd/4th and short.

They cut the cutesy shotgun shit out and lined up under center and gave the ball to Pacheco...and it worked!

I think the real problem here is talent. There's just no talent at WR man. Rice is good for a rookie but Justin ****ing Watson is the leading WR. That says everything.

I don't blame them for continuing to throw deep last night because the coaches were right. There were major cracks in that secondary and we saw MVS and Watson get open continuously. The last play summed it all up. Great playcall getting the WR open. And he was open. He just didn't catch it.

It's also Kelce. Him being a big threat last year made everything easier. Notice that when Kelce looked like the Kelce of last year against the Chargers we look good on offense? Well he hasn't been that guy and the WR room isn't talented enough to pick up the slack.

Easy 6 11-21-2023 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17236838)
As much as I like the Uzi pick in the first round....it should have been WR or TE. Mayer or Musgrave right now would help immensely.

We better target Pitts for a trade, or draft someone high... one of the two

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 17236841)
Well the NFL has allowed defenders to beat the ever loving shit out of him for 10 years now, this is the end result. Same reason Gronk retired so young. TE is an absolutely brutal position.

I have a horrible feeling this is his last year. He might just retire with Jason and focus on post football life, and I can't say I would blame him at this point. I think at best we're getting 1 more year out of him.

If we actually manage to win it all again this year, I bet he retires

If we don't, yeah we'll get one more go from him

chiefzilla1501 11-21-2023 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 17236841)

I just don't see it.

Get him some help. Guarantee he's back to his dominant self if you take a few defenders off of him. Kelce with less coverage is still easily the best TE in the game. But you got to got to manage his reps and stop incentivizing defenses for forcing him to grind out there.

He still loves the hell out of the game. Of course a guy is going to love it less when the circumstance makes his role crazy frustrating

Abba-Dabba 11-21-2023 10:41 AM

I would hire someone to cup my balls and tell me to trust the process.

That's always a winning formula.

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-21-2023 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba (Post 17236878)
I would hire someone to cup my balls.

Found your thesis, let's just concentrate on that.

MIAdragon 11-21-2023 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17236739)
FIRE THE PENALTY COACH!

We really are playing undisciplined ball right now. Penalties, turnovers poor fundamentals dropped passes, missed gap assignments running wrong routes. It’s bad, without Andy’s track record you’d be hard pressed to not look in that direction.

Abba-Dabba 11-21-2023 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard (Post 17236882)
Found your thesis, let's just concentrate on that.

You don't have to be so coy on asking for a application.

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-21-2023 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba (Post 17236888)
You don't have to be so coy on asking for a application.

Coy? no. Were I to have "ball cupping" money, I'd do the same.

Abba-Dabba 11-21-2023 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard (Post 17236891)
Coy? no. Were I to have "ball cupping" money, I'd do the same.

New goal. Make enough to have ball cupping money. Win.

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-21-2023 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba (Post 17236907)
New goal. Make enough to have ball cupping money. Win.

https://csuitespotlight.com/wp-conte...bert-Kraft.jpg

ToxSocks 11-21-2023 11:00 AM

There's honestly not much else you can do other than swap Toney and Moore, and if we did that we'll probably break Toney and have to start Moore anyway.

MVS had a bad night for sure, but Hardman isn't all that better if at all. MVS stays in the rotation above Hardman imo.

Lastly, feature Rice above all else. Seems that coming out of the bye they decided to feature Watson to teh tune of 11 targets. Lets try featuring Rice and see what happens.

Abba-Dabba 11-21-2023 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard (Post 17236911)

Not quite what I was thinking in terms of that new goal for you.

Gary Cooper 11-21-2023 11:16 AM

What's the harm in giving Rice and Toney 75% of the snaps as top two receivers?

Direckshun 11-21-2023 11:22 AM

I haven't read the thread.

I just don't know what else you can do at this point.

The defense is balling, Mahomes is making the plays he needs to make, Reid is dialing up good plays.

The receivers just aren't converting. It's that simple. So you just have to hope they start converting and that the Chiefs are better than opponents everywhere else, to the point where a few drops won't kill them.

In the Chiefs defense: I think if you play yesterday's game 10 times, the Chiefs win 6 or 7 of those times. They were the better team yesterday, but their receivers simply aren't good enough, and it's going to cost them if they aren't already housing teams everywhere else on the field.

The only area this team can improve reasonably is by getting the OL to cut down on penalties.

chinaski 11-21-2023 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 17236766)

Is pine tar legal?

ChiTown 11-21-2023 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Cooper (Post 17236951)

Re: Rice
Out of ALL of our WR's on the team (minus newcomer Hardman), Rice has the best Success % and Catch % on the team. He also has the most 1st downs and TD's. He's essentially the same as Watson and MVS on Receiving Yards per Target. He's getting 12.6% of the teams targets, which is the highest rate to any Chiefs WR. What we need is more consistency from him throughout the game - ie. 2 halves of FB. IDK if that's the O and our playcaling or whether it's a "him" problem.

T-post Tom 11-21-2023 12:42 PM

1. More run plays with better variety. This includes practice. The o-line obviously needs more practice in blocking run plays. Also, like the idea of having two backs in the backfield more often. #10 & #1 are both adept at catching passes out of the backfield. Keep the opposing defenses guessing.
2. More screen passes. More jet sweeps.
3. More 2 TE sets. More targets for TEs not named Kelce. These extra receptions will come at the expense of targets for the WR group. At least until they improve.
4. Cut back on WR rotation. 24 & 11 are backups/special teams.
5. Extra daily sessions with the JUGS machine for all pass catchers.
6. Bring in a fresh face for coaching the WRs. Title does not matter, call him a “consultant” if you want. Preferably a bigger name that has relevant NFL experience & success. Someone that will command immediate respect from the players. Keep, reassign or fire the current WR coach. It would be nice to send a message here, but whatever.
7. Keep #15 happy.
8. Keep #15 healthy

IowaHawkeyeChief 11-21-2023 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Cooper (Post 17236805)
The Mahomes INT ended up a wash. The Eagles punted a few plays later, the Chiefs had a good punt return, and scored a TD.

We don't know how the game turns out if any of these plays happened. If MVS catches the ball, the Eagles get the ball back with 1:30 only needing a FG. If Watson doesn't drop the 4th and 25, we still have 40 yards remaining for a TD.

The Kelce fumble was huge. Provided they score a TD on that possession the Eagles would be down 10 again. They were at least in FG range.

A wash? What, it was first down in the redzone, from the 13 I believe. He threw the pick in the endzone... a better throw and it's 7, if it's incomplete it's second and goal. Horrible pass by Mahomes and was anything but a wash.

IowaHawkeyeChief 11-21-2023 12:54 PM

Quote:

What? He doesn't look as good so teams are tripple teaming him?

Chief Pagan 11-21-2023 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Cooper (Post 17236951)

I'm puzzled as to why Rice doesn't get even more snaps.

I think the 'harm' in giving Toney more snaps is fear of injury.

He may well be load managed just like McKinnon for the entire regular season.

And that is a defendable strategy.

Easy 6 11-21-2023 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17237132)
What? He doesn't look as good so teams are tripple teaming him?

I don't need you in here berating me like you're going around doing everyone else today, whether its age, injury or a little of both, he's looked off to my eye and I'm damn sure not alone in that assessment

Gary Cooper 11-21-2023 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17237119)
A wash? What, it was first down in the redzone, from the 13 I believe. He threw the pick in the endzone... a better throw and it's 7, if it's incomplete it's second and goal. Horrible pass by Mahomes and was anything but a wash.

The Eagles were stuffed, punted, the Chiefs had a big return, and scored a TD anyway. So either way, the Chiefs were up 7 points, even if Mahomes didn't throw the INT. Unless you think Mahomes throws a TD and the other chain of events still occurs. Doesn't work that way. We don't know what would have happened but we know what actually did.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11-21-2023 01:56 PM

He knows the system, he would be a good fit

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Facts im catching that! <a href="https://t.co/SScyQqS3qd">https://t.co/SScyQqS3qd</a> <a href="https://t.co/zCVqRvzuiH">pic.twitter.com/zCVqRvzuiH</a></p>&mdash; Desean Jackson (@DeSeanJackson10) <a href="https://twitter.com/DeSeanJackson10/status/1726818900451742057?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 21, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

poolboy 11-21-2023 01:57 PM

The receivers hit rock bottom yesterday...I believe there is no where to go but up

el borracho 11-21-2023 01:58 PM

Rice, Toney and MVS for the majority of snaps. These three are your most explosive players.
Hardman for the gadget plays (he's too dim for a larger role).
Moore, and Watson to the bench (nothing special about either one).

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I think MVS would improve with additional reps. It's probably pretty hard to come in cold and just perform. I think the more he's in there catching, the better his hands will be.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11-21-2023 02:00 PM

Rice and Toney do not need to come out at all. Rice only playing 57% of the snaps is pitiful. Falls on Reid. Toney and Rice moving forwards. And for ****s sake, if the run is working, keep running the ball!

wheeler08 11-21-2023 02:03 PM

Fire Matt Nagy, and some guy we have coaching WRs

srvy 11-21-2023 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17236567)
I'd personally panic, check CP, sign every broke dick FA WR this week that I could while stress eating In-A-Tub and watching the 2021-22 Divisional Round game over and over.

Four hot with powdered cheese please!

srvy 11-21-2023 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17236719)
We need to CATCH the ****ing ball - problem solved

We had them right where we needed them. They couldn't stop the run so at halftime eagles changed fronts in running downs. Andy schemed plays to go over the top. All we had to do was run the right route catch the ball and run away with it.

crayzkirk 11-21-2023 02:43 PM

We, as fans, do nothing. As frustrating as this is to watch, it has to be 1000 times worse for the players.

I'm ready to let it go and move on to Raider week...

srvy 11-21-2023 02:44 PM

I know we all like to claim Andy is pass happy and will move away from the ground game that is working.

I think you have to throw it deep when they load up the box. Our receivers didn't get the job done. Short and simple if they do what they are paid to do we win big.

There is no help coming that is better than we have. I'll try to be patient and hope those guys get it figured out.

crispystl 11-21-2023 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17236575)
Yeah, remember all the times we've said we're absolutely spoiled with how they can score on demand and comebacks seemed so inevitable.... yeah, that's actually really ****ing hard to accomplish at the level they did.

It might bite them in the ass this season, but with this defense and how playoff seeding is looking, I'm not ruling out anything.

Me either.
That defense is going to be bitch do deal with in some bad weather.
I'm also fairly optimistic we can get the running game going and lean on it a tad more. Last night did look encouraging in that aspect. I wish we had a scat back that could spell Pacheco. It woud be perfect if you could pound Pacheco and then hit them with some speed.

RaidersOftheCellar 11-21-2023 03:21 PM

Apparently they think they're good enough to get the 1 seed while load managing Toney and continuing to bring Rice along slowly. And they might be right, even after pissing away a few games with uncharacteristic mistakes.

There's a small chance that James could be the answer to our prayers. Not that he's going to put up huge numbers, but just be a reliable option to run a proper route and hold on to the damn ball.

OnTheWarpath15 11-21-2023 03:22 PM

Enough with the rotation. Rice and Toney or bust.

Where the **** is the screen game?

Get vertical with Rice. He was sold as DeAndre Hopkins 2.0, but we refuse to send him on deep middles or boundary plays.

Easy 6 11-21-2023 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 17237370)
Enough with the rotation. Rice and Toney or bust.

Get vertical with Rice. He was sold as DeAndre Hopkins 2.0, but we refuse to send him on deep middles or boundary plays.

Andy clearly calls the shots, but I'm not a fan of how Nagy is seemingly rubbing off on him... I mean, he's the only major change from last year so I'm not sure who else to blame

I was way down on Bienemy, but at this point I'm starting to miss him

Dartgod 11-21-2023 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowHeader (Post 17236738)

What? It's unfair to expect him to catch a perfectly thrown deep ball when he has 2-3 steps on the defender?

GTFO with that bullshit. He's a professional and he should be able to catch that pass in any situation.

smithandrew051 11-21-2023 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 17237409)
What? It's unfair to expect him to catch a perfectly thrown deep ball when he has 2-3 steps on the defender?

GTFO with that bullshit. He's a professional and he should be able to catch that pass in any situation.

College kids catch that pass.

High school kids catch that pass.

MVS is a 6-year NFL receiver. Catch the ball in your hands.

Womble 11-21-2023 04:08 PM

We've got a few glaring issues but 1 that can and should be addressed immediately.

We need to rebuild the Chiefs Cheerleading roster.

IowaHawkeyeChief 11-21-2023 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 17237424)
We've got a few glaring issues but 1 that can and should be addressed immediately.

We need to rebuild the Chiefs Cheerleading roster.

That's been done.... Night and day better than they were 5 years ago...:thumb:

Brooklyn 11-21-2023 04:23 PM

I would take this loss with a grain of salt. Find solace in the fact that it’s hard to beat a team twice in the same season, once in the playoffs. Hope that if we see the Eagles in the big dance this year they won’t really have a lot of good tape on the offense, and we will give them the Tampa Bay treatment.

P-squad whoever is willing to join among Landry, Golladay, and TY Hilton and hope one still has some juice left. Been little to no juice has gotta be better than the spoiled milk we are trotting out at WR now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emaw1979 11-21-2023 04:23 PM

I'm firing Connor Embree and Joe Bleymaier today. Both are in over their heads. I'm moving Pinkston to WR coach- an actual former NFL WR and kicking the tires on the recently fired Ken Dorsey for a passing game coordinator for the rest of the season.

MVS/Watson are done seeing the field, barring injury. I'm rolling with Rice, Toney, and Moore as my primary WRs with Richie James when he gets up to speed. There is no longer a need for Hardman once James gets rolling so to the bench with him.

It can't be worse than this shit, so let them get their lumps and if anyone like Toney gets injured, I'm bringing up Cornell Powell, who looked a lot better this offseason and can't be worse than MVS and Watson.

Womble 11-21-2023 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emaw1979 (Post 17237436)
I'm firing Connor Embree and Joe Bleymaier today. Both are in over their heads. I'm moving Pinkston to WR coach- an actual former NFL WR and kicking the tires on the recently fired Ken Dorsey for a passing game coordinator for the rest of the season.

MVS/Watson are done seeing the field, barring injury. I'm rolling with Rice, Toney, and Moore as my primary WRs with Richie James when he gets up to speed. There is no longer a need for Hardman once James gets rolling so to the bench with him.

It can't be worse than this shit, so let them get their lumps and if anyone like Toney gets injured, I'm bringing up Cornell Powell, who looked a lot better this offseason and can't be worse than MVS and Watson.

I thought Reid was the problem. Isn't it the beginning of the end for him or something?

emaw1979 11-21-2023 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 17237445)
I thought Reid was the problem. Isn't it the beginning of the end for him or something?

Are you stupid or just pretend to be?

IowaHawkeyeChief 11-21-2023 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emaw1979 (Post 17237448)
Are you stupid or just pretend to be?

Your Mom is calling you upstairs...

emaw1979 11-21-2023 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17237450)
Your Mom is calling you upstairs...

You misheard; that's actually your mom. She wants seconds and she's pissed at you.

lcarus 11-21-2023 06:14 PM

The time to make any real change is gone. I can tell you one thing though. The JUGS machine and our starting WRs would be in a more intimate relationship than Kelce and Swift starting today.

FloridaMan88 11-21-2023 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emaw1979 (Post 17237436)

Joe Bleymaier was the WR Coach last year… move him back to that role.

And move Embree back to his intern role of washing Andy’s car.

trndobrd 11-21-2023 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 17237370)

Right next to the play-action passes.

T-post Tom 11-21-2023 06:30 PM

Resurrect the porta potty drills!!!

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/...mp-porta-potty

mnchiefsguy 11-21-2023 06:36 PM

Practice catching the ****ing ball.

Focus on play execution on offense.

Get a chip on your shoulder and get pissed off.

TEX 11-21-2023 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers (Post 17237234)
I don't need you in here berating me like you're going around doing everyone else today, whether its age, injury or a little of both, he's looked off to my eye and I'm damn sure not alone in that assessment

I think he's playing though injuries.

poolboy 11-21-2023 06:46 PM

Andy is gonna have to coach this week and rebuild some confidence....I think we put it on the Raiders this week...and it would help if Pat would stop grabbing his helmet after a bad drop

Chief Pagan 11-21-2023 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17237417)
College kids catch that pass.

High school kids catch that pass.

MVS is a 6-year NFL receiver. Catch the ball in your hands.

If MVS had a good catch rate, KC would not have been able to sign him for 10 mil a year.

If Toney didn't have an injury history and iffy route running, they wouldn't have gotten him for a third.

Easy 6 11-21-2023 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 17237587)
I think he's playing though injuries.

Trade Atlanta for Pitts, then go gonzo on receivers or TE's

Chris Meck 11-21-2023 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers (Post 17237608)
Trade Atlanta for Pitts, then go gonzo on receivers or TE's

Why in the world would Atlanta trade Pitts?

No way.

saphojunkie 11-21-2023 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 17237583)
Practice catching the ****ing ball.

Focus on play execution on offense.

Get a chip on your shoulder and get pissed off.

And pray it doesn't rain in the super bowl when we face the Eagles again.