ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ***Official 2023-2024 Missouri Tigers Men's Basketball*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348325)

Mizzou_8541 11-06-2023 08:38 PM

“Mizzou has the number 1 recruiting class in the country.” You love to hear it.

dlphg9 11-06-2023 08:39 PM

Shaw has 5 blocks lmao.

Mizzou_8541 11-06-2023 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17214078)
Hard to tell how good they are considering the opponent, but they seem to be playing pretty good.

I’m not saying they are a final 4 team but you have to be blind to not see how much more athletic this team is than last year…and on a Nth degree a Kim Anderson team.

dlphg9 11-06-2023 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 17214082)

That's crazy as ****.

dlphg9 11-06-2023 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 17214091)
I’m not saying they are a final 4 team but you have to be blind to not see how much more athletic this team is than last year…and on a Nth degree a Kim Anderson and Clownzo team.

FIFY

Mizzou_8541 11-06-2023 08:42 PM

I hate Kim Anderson. Watching a Gates team rekindles my hate for that man. Should be arraigned for larceny.

Mizzou_8541 11-06-2023 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17214096)
FIFY

Lol so true

Mizzou_8541 11-06-2023 08:57 PM

I tell my girls we don’t hate anyone, but I don’t have more disdain for kim Anderson, and clownzo Martin, than I do pioli, cassel, and Haley.

dlphg9 11-06-2023 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 17214139)
I tell my girls we don’t hate anyone, but I don’t have more disdain for kim Anderson, and clownzo Martin, than I do pioli, cassel, and Haley.

I always like Haley and I hated Cassel, but honestly I can't blame him for accepting the contract he did. It's that ****ing idiot Pioli that was responsible for that. Pioli is #1 on my hate list among the guys on this list.

#1 Pioli
#2 Kimmy
#3 Martin
#4 Cassel
#5 Haley

It's amazing how all of these Patriot way jackasses follow the same exact script and bring in some back up Patriot QB to take over the starting job.

duncan_idaho 11-07-2023 09:45 AM

Aidan Shaw looked like a real monster last night. He's gotten stronger, the offensive game has expanded a little bit, and his length and athleticism are such weapons defensively.

Bates and Grill also have majorly upgraded the athleticism on the wing.

Fun team, and I'm looking forward to this year.

dlphg9 11-07-2023 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17214561)
Aidan Shaw looked like a real monster last night. He's gotten stronger, the offensive game has expanded a little bit, and his length and athleticism are such weapons defensively.

Bates and Grill also have majorly upgraded the athleticism on the wing.

Fun team, and I'm looking forward to this year.

It's amazing how fast Gates turned over the roster and just made this team so much more athletic. Your boy Clownzo didn't seem to care about athletic players.

DJ's left nut 11-07-2023 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17214583)
It's amazing how fast Gates turned over the roster and just made this team so much more athletic. Your boy Clownzo didn't seem to care about athletic players.

I think the NIL rules are also more beneficial in basketball (where you're not hidden behind a helmet and are thus more marketable and the pool of players is smaller) than it is in football.

Even Martin may have had some success in this environment.

But ultimately Martin simply didn't recruit for athleticism. He wanted to build ground and pound teams. Offensive cohesion and athleticism were an afterthought.

That said, my expectations for this year's squad are...muted. I'm not seeing much to really get excited about just yet. This is still a squad that's going to need a lot from someone like Nick Honor and Noah Carter. Can Caleb Grill be a big time threat from outside? Because we'll need that as well. Will East step forward? Shaw? Is Vanover a Power 5 player? Brown seems more like a role player. Pierce and Robinson aren't exactly turnkey in their own right.

This just feels like a gap year. I'd like to see them make the tournament to get some of those young players some experience as a springboard, but it's not really an expectation for me.

JohnnyHammersticks 11-07-2023 10:21 AM

My observations:

Honor looked about the same except for jacking up shots almost every time he touched the ball. Looks like a 40 year old playing with college kids

Bates looks good, very athletic. Could end up being our best player

East and Shaw both seem to have taken fairly substantial steps forward

Carralero made some great passes, seems to be a good defender, and plays with a lot of energy

Anthony Robinson will end up being a very solid player for us. Gates has praised his leadership qualities, unusual for a freshman

Grill is more athletic than I expected

Got somewhat distracted by the terrible play calling by Nathanial Hackett in the football game (how on earth does he not run more quick slants, screens, and quick tosses to Hall outside the Tackle box to take pressure off of terrible Zach Wilson?? Chargers were just pinning their ears back on the pass rush), but overall obviously looks like we don't have the top-end talent that we had last year. This team could end up being much deeper and being a much better rebounding team. Could be a tournament team, don't see much beyond just making it, which I kind of expected considering the talent we lost.

dlphg9 11-07-2023 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17214596)
I think the NIL rules are also more beneficial in basketball (where you're not hidden behind a helmet and are thus more marketable and the pool of players is smaller) than it is in football.

But ultimately Martin simply didn't recruit for athleticism. He wanted to build ground and pound teams. Offensive cohesion and athleticism were an afterthought.

That said, my expectations for this year's squad are...muted. I'm not seeing much to really get excited about just yet. This is still a squad that's going to need a lot from someone like Nick Honor and Noah Carter. Can Caleb Grill be a big time threat from outside? Because we'll need that as well. Will East step forward? Shaw? Is Vanover a Power 5 player? Brown seems more like a role player. Pierce and Robinson aren't exactly turnkey in their own right.

This just feels like a gap year. I'd like to see them make the tournament to get some of those young players some experience as a springboard, but it's not really an expectation me.

We really need just 1 or 2 guys that can really step up and score. I wish Kobe would have come back, because I think with him this team would be a top 15 team. I think this team will be better defensively and much much better at rebounding, but we just need someone to step up and be a scorer. If that happens, then this team can be better than last years.

DJ's left nut 11-07-2023 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17214323)
I always like Haley and I hated Cassel, but honestly I can't blame him for accepting the contract he did. It's that ****ing idiot Pioli that was responsible for that. Pioli is #1 on my hate list among the guys on this list.

#1 Pioli
#2 Kimmy
#3 Martin
#4 Cassel
#5 Haley

It's amazing how all of these Patriot way jackasses follow the same exact script and bring in some back up Patriot QB to take over the starting job.

I'll be hard pressed to dislike anyone more than Kim Anderson if for no other reason than the fact that I live in Columbia and had to listen to these mother****ing Norm Acolyte blue hairs sing his praises even when we were clearly the worst team in major college basketball.

Sure-Oz 11-07-2023 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 17214082)

Really? I haven't been paying attention

dlphg9 11-07-2023 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17214618)
I'll be hard pressed to dislike anyone more than Kim Anderson if for no other reason than the fact that I live in Columbia and had to listen to these mother****ing Norm Acolyte blue hairs sing his praises even when we were clearly the worst team in major college basketball.

Lmao, I can't imagine your pain. He was just completely unqualified for the job and it was completely obvious to everyone that wasn't a "True Son".

DJ's left nut 11-07-2023 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17214623)
Lmao, I can't imagine your pain. He was just completely unqualified for the job and it was completely obvious to everyone that wasn't a "True Son".

Cuonzo Martin may have been the best thing that could've happened to Mizzou basketball.

Because Martin was exactly what the Norm Stans THOUGHT they were getting in Anderson. And the ceiling was still mediocrity.

They got two bites at the apple. They had two chances to re-build the Norm years. One of them they could've passed off as simply being blinded by program loyalty. "Well it didn't work THIS time, but it still will!". The second one, however, got them exactly what Norm Ball will give you in modern college basketball.

So now we never have to listen to them again. We've finally closed the book on that era, IMO.

Pitt Gorilla 11-07-2023 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17214596)

This just feels like a gap year. I'd like to see them make the tournament to get some of those young players some experience as a springboard, but it's not really an expectation for me.

That's largely because it is. With the incoming guys (assuming everyone signs) and seniors moving on, we're going to have a MUCH different team again next season. But, I think we're going to compete. Really like how much East has improved.

BryanBusby 11-07-2023 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17214618)

Gross. Can't even imagine.

JohnnyHammersticks 11-07-2023 11:00 AM

No longer considering G-League

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-theme="dark"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NEWS: 2024 Top-10 prospect Jayden Quaintance is down to four schools and will no longer consider the G-League Ignite pathway, per his coach. <br><br>The 16-year-old must complete two years of college before being NBA Draft eligible in 2026. <br><br>Story: <a href="https://t.co/Qvh1plGEY0">https://t.co/Qvh1plGEY0</a> <a href="https://t.co/yCM4egK7cO">pic.twitter.com/yCM4egK7cO</a></p>&mdash; Joe Tipton (@TiptonEdits) <a href="https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1721663627692818495?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 6, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dlphg9 11-07-2023 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17214631)
Cuonzo Martin may have been the best thing that could've happened to Mizzou basketball.

Because Martin was exactly what the Norm Stans THOUGHT they were getting in Anderson. And the ceiling was still mediocrity.

They got two bites at the apple. They had two chances to re-build the Norm years. One of them they could've passed off as simply being blinded by program loyalty. "Well it didn't work THIS time, but it still will!". The second one, however, got them exactly what Norm Ball will give you in modern college basketball.

So now we never have to listen to them again. We've finally closed the book on that era, IMO.

Lol just wait for the return of Norm! Norm will be 100 and Mizzou will be looking for a coach and decide he's the man for the job.

dlphg9 11-07-2023 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 17214668)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-theme="dark"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NEWS: 2024 Top-10 prospect Jayden Quaintance is down to four schools and will no longer consider the G-League Ignite pathway, per his coach. <br><br>The 16-year-old must complete two years of college before being NBA Draft eligible in 2026. <br><br>Story: <a href="https://t.co/Qvh1plGEY0">https://t.co/Qvh1plGEY0</a> <a href="https://t.co/yCM4egK7cO">pic.twitter.com/yCM4egK7cO</a></p>&mdash; Joe Tipton (@TiptonEdits) <a href="https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1721663627692818495?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 6, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well I like that. From what I've read he's leaning Kentucky. Hope that's not what happens.

DJ's left nut 11-07-2023 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 17214651)
Gross. Can't even imagine.

I shit you not, a large contingent of them wanted him retained after they beat Auburn in that meaningless conference tournament game.

Norm Stans were gaslighting before it was cool.

BryanBusby 11-07-2023 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17214679)
I shit you not, a large contingent of them wanted him retained after they beat Auburn in that meaningless conference tournament game.

I don't think I could handle it. That whole era was triggering as ever.

Pitt Gorilla 11-07-2023 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 17214668)

Would be such a good get, but I think it'll be Kentucky. Hope I'm wrong!

Perineum Ripper 11-07-2023 12:23 PM

Quote:

Wife and I were out eating one night, that tall asshole came in, sat down across the aisle from us. All night old gray haired ****s were coming up congratulating him after that game.

You would have thought we made it to the E8 or farther the way they were cradling the balls as they worked his shaft.

One asshole turned around and asked wife and I if we happened to be excited after that win. Wife made me leave after I told them it was as exciting as a positive AIDS test

duncan_idaho 11-07-2023 05:11 PM

Quote:

They, like CuonzNO Martin, had NO understanding that what worked from 1976-1986 REALLY stopped working in the mid-90s. He never adapted his style, and did so while also acquiescing to a significant downgrade in the talent on his bench.

They also refused to acknowledge that Norm's recruiting went into the toilet as soon as he put Kim Anderson in charge of it.

The last act of Norm Stewart's career is like he experienced the season we see Pete Bell having at the start of Blue Chips, and he just decided to go along with it.

ChiefsCountry 11-08-2023 05:59 PM

Zo had some shitty luck as well with the Porters being Brodie Croyle's in college. E. J. Liddell was the big nut kick. That was going to be a big time 4 year get - only to lose him to Ohio State because he was a fat kid growing up who loved Orlando Pace. I wonder how the new NIL laws would have helped with Love and Fletcher recruiting. Courtney Ramey's dad is a major AAU **** so that didn't surprise me.

duncan_idaho 11-08-2023 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17216038)
Zo had some shitty luck as well with the Porters being Brodie Croyle's in college. E. J. Liddell was the big nut kick. That was going to be a big time 4 year get - only to lose him to Ohio State because he was a fat kid growing up who loved Orlando Pace. I wonder how the new NIL laws would have helped with Love and Fletcher recruiting. Courtney Ramey's dad is a major AAU **** so that didn't surprise me.

The bigger issue with CuonzNO is that he coached a stupid and outdated brand of basketball and was a bad recruiter.

dlphg9 11-08-2023 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17216038)

Clownzo didn't have anything remotely close to shitty luck. He's lucky he even got the Porters. Even though Michael didn't really play he was still the reason for all of Clownzo's recruiting success that year. Jontay played in every game his freshmen year. Without MPJ coming to Missouri the recruiting would have been way worse.

JohnnyHammersticks 11-10-2023 06:56 PM

Mizzou v Memphis tonight on SECN.

siberian khatru 11-10-2023 07:00 PM

Should be a close game. Good quality opponent early in the season.

Mizzou_8541 11-10-2023 08:27 PM

I hope I never see Kaleb Brown take that corner set three ever again.

Pitt Gorilla 11-10-2023 08:59 PM

Is Grill supposed to be THIS bad?

Mizzou_8541 11-10-2023 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17218325)
Is Grill supposed to be THIS bad?

Starting out super cold. He hasn’t been this bad his last 4 years so surely he’s going to “regress” to the mean soon. But you’re right. He’s been real bad so far.

Mizzou_8541 11-10-2023 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 17218328)
Starting out super cold. He hasn’t been this bad his last 4 years so surely he’s going to “regress” to the mean soon. But you’re right. He’s been real bad so far.

Grill has single handedly let Memphis take the lead. Hopefully this is just growing pains moving from a less talented Big 12 and adjusting to the much much more talented SEC.

Edit: then he drains a tree. Glad I’m an idiot.

Mizzou_8541 11-10-2023 09:30 PM

Two stellar plays by Shaw in a row. Off the ball screen foul and then goaltending.

siberian khatru 11-10-2023 09:32 PM

What a disaster

Pitt Gorilla 11-10-2023 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 17218351)
Grill has single handedly let Memphis take the lead. Hopefully this is just growing pains moving from a less talented Big 12 and adjusting to the much much more talented SEC.

Edit: then he drains a tree. Glad I’m an idiot.

Grill most certainly has NOT hit a three.

Mizzou_8541 11-10-2023 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17218359)
Grill most certainly has NOT hit a three.

Lol. Yep. He hit a 2.

Pepe Silvia 11-10-2023 09:39 PM

Gates is getting out coached in this one.

Mizzou_8541 11-10-2023 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 17218365)

Lol

Pitt Gorilla 11-10-2023 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 17218365)

Everyone gets that you hate Mizzou. Literally nobody is dumb enough to believe that you're a Mizzou fan.

With that being said, there's zero chance you're actually THIS stupid. Zero.

Pitt Gorilla 11-10-2023 09:47 PM

Free. Throws. FFS.

Pepe Silvia 11-10-2023 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17218371)
Everyone gets that you hate Mizzou. Literally nobody is dumb enough to believe that you're a Mizzou fan.

With that being said, there's zero chance you're actually THIS stupid. Zero.

Memphis adjusted defensively and Mizzou had no answer. You’re just mad.

dlphg9 11-10-2023 09:50 PM

Mizzou has just went ice ****ing cold. Sometimes it happens. We don't have anyone to break us out of that funk.

Pitt Gorilla 11-10-2023 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 17218373)
Memphis adjusted defensively and Mizzou had no answer. You’re just mad.

We're 5-24 from 3 on largely good looks. You think that's coaching?!?

JohnnyHammersticks 11-10-2023 10:06 PM

When I said we could be a tournament team I technically wasn’t wrong, since I didn’t specify which tournament

|Zach| 11-10-2023 10:07 PM

Not ideal. Just one game but damn!

Mizzou_8541 11-10-2023 10:15 PM

I don’t think this is indicative of anything other than a terrible night, but that was a Kermit/Clownzo loss.

dlphg9 11-10-2023 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 17218392)
I don’t think this is indicative of anything other than a terrible night, but that was a Kermit/Clownzo loss.

Sometimes guys have bad nights and tonight they were pretty much all off. Nothing the staff can do about that.

Ron Swanson 11-10-2023 10:36 PM

That was tough to watch.

Molitoth 11-11-2023 09:20 AM

I was having fun when MU was up by 14...

Then it all went downhill.

dlphg9 11-16-2023 08:38 PM

Minnesota is 7/11 from 3. ****ing ridiculous.

dlphg9 11-16-2023 09:22 PM

Starting to think this team is going to take a pretty big step back.

JohnnyHammersticks 11-16-2023 09:38 PM

Yeah they’re really pretty bad in every phase of the game. No consistent scorers, no outside shooting, not great defensively, there’s really nothing they do very well right now. Hopefully they figure it out and some guys emerge throughout the season.

TrebMaxx 11-16-2023 10:12 PM

A win is a win.

Ron Swanson 11-16-2023 10:13 PM

What a comeback!

Pitt Gorilla 11-16-2023 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17227391)
Starting to think this team is going to take a pretty big step back.

Why? I absolutely LOVE the "new" kids. Get Grill (and all the white guys, really) away from this team, and we're pretty good.

JohnnyHammersticks 11-16-2023 10:22 PM

I put the reverse jinx on them. Gutsy road win and a heck of a comeback. Not sure how good either of those teams will end up being, but still a good win. Gates is a good coach. Probably a transition year, but guys like Pierce and Robinson might surprise. They played a lot better after Grill got tossed. Not sure what that guy brings to the table. Thought he was supposed to be a good shooter, but he can’t hit the broadside of a barn.

phisherman 11-16-2023 10:28 PM

Won't lie. I turned this one off when we were down by 12 or 13 and only came back at the end to see the final damage. What a finish! Gutsy win!

phisherman 11-16-2023 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 17227542)
They played a lot better after Grill got tossed. Not sure what that guy brings to the table. Thought he was supposed to be a good shooter, but he can’t hit the broadside of a barn.

Just my opinion but he seems to be forcing shots.

dlphg9 11-16-2023 10:49 PM

I stopped paying attention at 15 down lmao. What a ****ing surprise!

Mizzou_8541 11-17-2023 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17227512)
Why? I absolutely LOVE the "new" kids. Get Grill (and all the white guys, really) away from this team, and we're pretty good.

Spoken from the guy who started the biggest virtue signaling thread in CP history. Mods can we sweep out this racist trash?

Mizzou_8541 11-17-2023 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17227512)

Ahhh CP Democrat racism. Amazing. Had you said black you’d be banned by now.

Pitt Gorilla 11-17-2023 12:23 AM

Honestly, I'm probably wrong on Grill. The guys seem to like him and I assume he won't be a complete liability at some point, especially shooting. Maybe Vanover can contribute, but I'd really prefer Butler and Pierce get those minutes. Carallero does just about nothing, though.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Winning with each other.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MIZ?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MIZ</a> �� <a href="https://t.co/yyCK6Y81jb">pic.twitter.com/yyCK6Y81jb</a></p>&mdash; Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/MizzouHoops/status/1725381649074934034?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 17, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mizzou_8541 11-17-2023 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17227658)
Honestly, I'm probably wrong on Grill. The guys seem to like him and I assume he won't be a complete liability at some point, especially shooting. Maybe Vanover can contribute, but I'd really prefer Butler and Pierce get those minutes. Carallero does just about nothing, though.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Winning with each other.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MIZ?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MIZ</a> �� <a href="https://t.co/yyCK6Y81jb">pic.twitter.com/yyCK6Y81jb</a></p>&mdash; Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/MizzouHoops/status/1725381649074934034?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 17, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Explaining away racism. I bet you love telling people how your friends are not white. Racist.

Pitt Gorilla 11-17-2023 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 17227661)
Explaining away racism. I bet you love telling people how your friends are not white. Racist.

Everyone gets that you're upset; nobody cares. I don't dislike the players because they're white; I dislike them because they have either played poorly or haven't really done anything positive at all. That's it.

At this point, you should probably take your DC bullshit back to DC and I'll try to refrain from referring to any talentless-portal-hopping-hack by anything other than their completely unskilled-names. Sound good, Karen?

warpaint* 11-17-2023 05:07 AM

Down 20 on the road with like 11 min left - when’s the last time we won in that spot?!

IDK what this team is yet but they have heart it appears.

|Zach| 11-17-2023 05:26 AM

They were having a lot of fun out there in the end. Great to see so much of that from the two big revenue sports right now.

WhawhaWhat 11-17-2023 10:21 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Never a doubt...<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MIZ?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MIZ</a> �� <a href="https://t.co/7HC69eSsMo">pic.twitter.com/7HC69eSsMo</a></p>&mdash; Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/MizzouHoops/status/1725384066487156875?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 17, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dlphg9 11-17-2023 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 17227649)
Spoken from the guy who started the biggest virtue signaling thread in CP history. Mods can we sweep out this racist trash?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 17227653)
Ahhh CP Democrat racism. Amazing. Had you said black you’d be banned by now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 17227661)

Holy ****, shut up you ****ing blowhard.

dlphg9 11-17-2023 11:00 AM

When we went down 20 Nick Honor went on a 10-2 run in 2 minutes lmao. That's nuts.

Pitt Gorilla 11-17-2023 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17227964)
When we went down 20 Nick Honor went on a 10-2 run in 2 minutes lmao. That's nuts.

Yup, and I still don't love him. I should give him more credit for being the grizzled vet, but the kids just have so much energy and are so fun to watch.

That being said, you're right and we don't win without his incredibly timely contribution.

ChiefsCountry 11-19-2023 07:14 PM

Honeymoon over for Gates yet
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">FINAL: Jackson State 73, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Mizzou</a> 72.</p>&mdash; ESPN100.5/105.1 KTGR (@KTGRsports) <a href="https://twitter.com/KTGRsports/status/1726408106782151057?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 20, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DJ's left nut 11-19-2023 07:17 PM

Eh.

Again, this team isn't ready for much. Needs too much from guys who aren't ready or just aren't that talented.

It's gonna be a mediocre season. Wasn't hard to see this coming. It's a year for development and building towards the next two years.

BryanBusby 11-19-2023 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17227663)
Everyone gets that you're upset; nobody cares. I don't dislike the players because they're white; I dislike them because they have either played poorly or haven't really done anything positive at all. That's it.

At this point, you should probably take your DC bullshit back to DC and I'll try to refrain from referring to any talentless-portal-hopping-hack by anything other than their completely unskilled-names. Sound good, Karen?

Lmao I forgot. He can't.

Was a useless pile of shit there too and got his post count reset LMAO

dlphg9 11-19-2023 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17231188)
Honeymoon over for Gates yet
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">FINAL: Jackson State 73, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Mizzou</a> 72.</p>&mdash; ESPN100.5/105.1 KTGR (@KTGRsports) <a href="https://twitter.com/KTGRsports/status/1726408106782151057?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 20, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Definitely not. Why would it be?

warpaint* 11-19-2023 09:42 PM

Jax St 309 in the KenPom, worst loss since he started tracking in 1999. For context UMKC was 286 when they beat us...per a tweet I saw.

As brutal as losses get.

Hard to imagine this team making the tournament if they can lose to an 0-5 team that's this bad.

The hope is in the incoming class & whatever the portal can bring.