ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football 2018 Hard Knocks Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316674)

rabblerouser 08-30-2018 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13699250)
It's pretty clear that Hue isn't capable of running an NFL team. The talent Dorsey brought in should win them a couple games, but I don't see a dramatic turnaround happening.

Dorsey is gonna be picking his own HC in January. Will be interesting to see if it's Haley or McCarthy becomes available.

****, I'd fire Hue Jackson and promote Haley today - they'd be guaranteed to win at least 2 more games than last year!

Red Dawg 08-30-2018 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13699277)
****, I'd fire Hue Jackson and promote Haley today - they'd be guaranteed to win at least 2 more games than last year!

Hue is a bad coach. He isn't a good lesder.

rabblerouser 08-30-2018 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 13699281)

Right, he was a perfect fit for the Raiders.

ROFL

Baby Lee 08-30-2018 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13699277)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 13699281)

The talent accumulated is going to provide Hue enough success to hold on. So long as the devil weed or white collar crimes don't implode the roster.

Ol'Gregg might have the D in the top ten, and you're going to be explosive on offense with Landry and Gordon unless you are completely braindead.

I'm really hoping to see them take it to the Ravens and Steelers, if only to beat them up.

PmCakes 08-30-2018 06:42 AM

The part of the show where they roasted each other was hilarious

Chiefnj2 08-30-2018 06:54 AM

Old, but interesting:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/23/cl...son-head-coach

chiefzilla1501 08-30-2018 04:19 PM

I'm glad that Haley is vindicating himself in this series. I'd rather have Reid, but it still burns me up the bad rep Haley got in KC, all based on him being flustered from working with a complete asshole. He's really stood out in the series. The guy can flat out coach.

vailpass 08-30-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13699236)
Great episode this week.
Lots of interesting insights.
Entertaining 'rookie show night'

I actually teared up a bit rooting for Tyrod. Dude is determined.
Baller when they made him take a snap in the locker room with his taped wrist/finger to assess his health. Snatched it out of the air, tossed it to a trainer and walked out the room.

Tyron knows if he sits out a game he may never see the field in Cleveland again.

BlackOp 08-31-2018 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13700357)
I'm glad that Haley is vindicating himself in this series. I'd rather have Reid, but it still burns me up the bad rep Haley got in KC, all based on him being flustered from working with a complete asshole. He's really stood out in the series. The guy can flat out coach.

I was thinking the same thing...imagine having Pioli during your first stint as a HC ...then he refuses to give you anything but Cassel as your starting QB.

He was set up to fail...and literally said he couldn't win with Casshole as his QB. I dont blame him for being bitter about his time here...then CHunt dicked him around on his contract.

smith11 08-31-2018 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13677623)
I really enjoyed episode 2. Hugh came across much better. And I dont care who you are Haley is ****ing hilarious.

who hugh? hue?

Baby Lee 08-31-2018 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smith11 (Post 13701313)
who hugh? hue?

Heh.

Baby Lee 08-31-2018 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13700942)
Tyron knows if he sits out a game he may never see the field in Cleveland again.

Yeah, that goes without saying. The way he handled it [or as HK presented how he handled it] was still impressive.

He wasn't being a whiny bitch [Oh no! Muh jerb!!] He was stoic and impatient, even if he was in a good deal of pain [**** this, strap it and let's go].

MahiMike 08-31-2018 07:02 AM

Quote:

Yeah but he IS a head case. Remember how he trashed his rental property he was staying in?

-King- 09-01-2018 02:09 AM

Quote:

Haley has had a bad rep everywhere he has been. Players and fans hated him in Pittsburgh. It's not a coincidence that he's gone and Ben is suddenly talking about playing more years.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 09-01-2018 08:21 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bills</a> are releasing former first-round pick WR Corey Coleman, who the acquired from the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Browns?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Browns</a>. A few weeks just not enough time to grab a roster spot. He’s looking for another fresh start.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1035893962224095234?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 1, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bills</a> will actually LOSE $2M in cap space per this move. As Coleman held guaranteed salaries of $1.5M, &amp; $2M that now accelerate to 2018 dead cap. <a href="https://t.co/TfW5iVbmTs">https://t.co/TfW5iVbmTs</a> <a href="https://t.co/Pungzxwzmv">https://t.co/Pungzxwzmv</a></p>&mdash; Spotrac (@spotrac) <a href="https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1035894864297320448?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 1, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

chiefzilla1501 09-02-2018 05:39 PM

Nassib waived. Did NOT see that coming.

Also Cajuste and Orchard. But that doesn't seem too surprising.

chiefzilla1501 09-02-2018 05:40 PM

Lol. Savage....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The formula the Browns used to cut Nassib <a href="https://t.co/KXpuh8mPEY">pic.twitter.com/KXpuh8mPEY</a></p>&mdash; Cleveland Sports Talk (@CLEsportsTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/CLEsportsTalk/status/1036327417235824646?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 2, 2018</a></blockquote>

Discuss Thrower 09-02-2018 05:49 PM

Ohhhh shiiiiiiiiit Todd 'Tywin' Haley striking back at Carl.

KChiefs1 09-02-2018 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13705543)
Nassib waived. Did NOT see that coming.

Also Cajuste and Orchard. But that doesn't seem too surprising.

Cajuste might be a good 3rd TE. No need to put Harris on the roster in week 2.

rushman 09-03-2018 09:32 AM

That Nassib financial talk was classic, as was Todd Haley's comedy bit about parents naming their child Carl.

chiefzilla1501 09-03-2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13702919)
Haley has had a bad rep everywhere he has been. Players and fans hated him in Pittsburgh. It's not a coincidence that he's gone and Ben is suddenly talking about playing more years.
Posted via Mobile Device

Haley doesn't have a bad rep everywhere. Of course when you pair him with the most toxic GM in NFL history, and a QB known for being one of the biggest prima donnas in the game, he's going to butt heads. Big Ben didn't like Haley. That means Haley did his job, and that is exactly why the Rooneys kept him around.

Haley surrounded by the right people is fine. There's nobody toxic in Cleveland. He was loved by coaches and players in Dallas and Arizona (Warner is his biggest fan). A lot of his bad rep is carryover from a lot of toxic shit in KC that wasn't his fault. Steelers fans were down his throat before the very first snap for daring to challenge Big Ben.

He's a solid coach who gets a bad rep. I will predict that the Browns will have an excellently coached offensive squad, boring playcalling, and relatively little drama.

Discuss Thrower 09-04-2018 11:30 PM

Did not ****ing realize Al Saunders was a part of any NFL staff until tonight's episode.

The Browns' have been Chiefified.

rico 09-05-2018 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13709246)
Did not ****ing realize Al Saunders was a part of any NFL staff until tonight's episode.

The Browns' have been Chiefified.

Been waiting forever for this episode. Just noticed that it was added to HBO Now.

-King- 09-05-2018 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13706132)
Haley doesn't have a bad rep everywhere. Of course when you pair him with the most toxic GM in NFL history, and a QB known for being one of the biggest prima donnas in the game, he's going to butt heads. Big Ben didn't like Haley. That means Haley did his job, and that is exactly why the Rooneys kept him around.

So why is he in Cleveland then?
Posted via Mobile Device

smith11 09-05-2018 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13701314)
Heh.

hey

BlackOp 09-05-2018 01:45 AM

My biggest take away...nix the stripe on the helmet and go with solid orange...and take the writing off the legs of the uniform. It looks like shit...that is all.

rico 09-05-2018 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13709270)
Posted via Mobile Device

Well I mean...he could have worse gigs if you consider the long term. What if Hue gets fired this year and Mayfield and the rest ended up turning the corner after he was fired. I'm sure Haley and Gregg would probably be frontrunners for the HC spot.... what if the team turned it around after Hue was fired...they'd be credited with doing the unthinkable....turning the ****ing Cleveland Browns around. Whoever turns that franchise around will be legend status in that city. I'm sure that is appealing to a lot of coaches.

And yeah, he's in Cleveland...but it's not like they don't have anything that seems to be potentially going for them. Myles Garrett last year among others. Mayfield/Ward among others this year. Gordon back in the mix. Jarvis freaking Landry.

Not to mention the attention they are receiving from Hard Knocks.

Yeah, it's Cleveland, but he has a job and the future is potentially bright in terms of the team playing well and who gets credit for it. It's not like he's walking into a Matt Cassel team that is repeatedly slaughtered or bailed out by the D, Charles, Moeaki and Bowe making crazy acrobatic catches to poorly thrown passes. I'm sure he likes what he's working with a hell of a lot more now than he did here.

-King- 09-05-2018 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13709281)
Well I mean...he could have worse gigs if you consider the long term. What if Hue gets fired this year and Mayfield and the rest ended up turning the corner after he was fired. I'm sure Haley and Gregg would probably be frontrunners for the HC spot.... what if the team turned it around after Hue was fired...they'd be credited with doing the unthinkable....turning the ****ing Cleveland Browns around. Whoever turns that franchise around will be legend status in that city. I'm sure that is appealing to a lot of coaches.

And yeah, he's in Cleveland...but it's not like they don't have anything that seems to be potentially going for them. Myles Garrett last year among others. Mayfield/Ward among others this year. Gordon back in the mix. Jarvis freaking Landry.

Not to mention the attention they are receiving from Hard Knocks.

Yeah, it's Cleveland, but he has a job and the future is potentially bright in terms of the team playing well and who gets credit for it. It's not like he's walking into a Matt Cassel team that is repeatedly slaughtered or bailed out by the D, Charles, Moeaki and Bowe making crazy acrobatic catches to poorly thrown passes. I'm sure he likes what he's working with a hell of a lot more now than he did here.

No I meant if he was such a good coach, why was he let go off like that? Youd think a team would want to keep the OC of their top 5 offense on board instead of letting him take the same job with another team. I don't think Steelers front office is incompetent so I think it's very likely Haley was a hothead like he always is and rubbed a lot of other coaches and players the wrong way.
Posted via Mobile Device

rico 09-05-2018 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13709286)
No I meant if he was such a good coach, why was he let go off like that? Youd think a team would want to keep the OC of their top 5 offense on board instead of letting him take the same job with another team. I don't think Steelers front office is incompetent so I think it's very likely Haley was a hothead like he always is and rubbed a lot of other coaches and players the wrong way.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I can see that.

I always see your point, even if I don't want to.

Didn't he have familial history in Pittsburgh? I bet he was elated when he landed that job....not only to work with those offensive players, but from a sentimental standpoint.

He probably grew up just loathing the Browns.

Baby Lee 09-05-2018 02:36 AM

There's an SNL skit to be hand in a corporate drone job where people hug and high five every time there's a firing.

rico 09-05-2018 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13709291)
There's an SNL skit to be hand in a corporate drone job where people hug and high five every time there's a firing.

Ok.

rico 09-05-2018 07:29 AM

Babe: I see you deleted a post with the reason, "read the whole thread and your question may be answered." Is this referring to one of my questions? Or -King-'s?

If mine, then I'm sorry if my question has already been answered, Babe. You don't have to communicate that to me passive aggressively via deleted post. You can call me out when I have done something careless like accidentally miss a post that answered a future question I would have. You can even babble a bunch of obscenities at me while you express your frustration with my dumbassery, Babe. It's ok. I won't have a conniption. I'm a big boy.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...rbank_2013.jpg

Speaking of Big Boi…

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20110909211839

"Outkaaaaaaast." (In that low Goldmember voice).

Whoa, ya see what I did there, Babe? A DOUBLE Austin Powers reference!!!!! Pretty neat-o, eh????

Sorry if it were my question that frustrated you, Babe.

rico 09-05-2018 09:19 AM

Kind of wanted to hear Haley’s reaction when Orchard got the Casselception!!!

Discuss Thrower 09-05-2018 09:33 AM

Haley has been made somewhat likable after this season.. but that feeling runs contrary to his history. I think it's kind of a byproduct of almost everyone featured on this season being portrayed as likable people.

I also liked how the episodes narrowed in scope to only focusing on the fringe guys for the last two. Focusing on the space cadet Cajuste and family man Orchard were good moves.

Roback's girlfriend is kinda gross, though.

rico 09-05-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13709521)
Haley has been made somewhat likable after this season.. but that feeling runs contrary to his history. I think it's kind of a byproduct of almost everyone featured on this season being portrayed as likable people.

I also liked how the episodes narrowed in scope to only focusing on the fringe guys for the last two. Focusing on the space cadet Cajuste and family man Orchard were good moves.

I always got a kick out of Haley. His antics cracked me up. I always wondered what he could have done with the Chiefs if he had a chance to coach them with an actual QB. I thought he was basically the initial Pioli "fall guy."

I agree with you about Cajuste and Orchard... the exposure they received on the show likely didn't hurt them much.

I think Roback's girlfriend is a cutie. Her support for her man makes her even cuter. I thought she was a fun part of the show.

PmCakes 09-05-2018 09:59 AM

Browns are getting more than 5 wins with Ty-Rod Taylor

rico 09-05-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PmCakes (Post 13709557)
Browns are getting more than 5 wins with Ty-Rod Taylor

Kind of a weird thing to think about.

In 2011, 12 QB's were selected in the draft.

Tyrod was #11.

The QB's taken before him were (in order):

Cam Newton
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Andy Dalton
Colin Kaepernick
Ryan Mallett
RICKY STANZI THE MANZI
TJ Yates
Nathan Enderle

Tyrod Taylor

After him:

Greg McCllroy

If you were to re-rank or re-draft these QB's...where does Tyrod fit in?

I'll take a stab at it:

1.) Cam
2.) Kaep (made a SB and NFC CG)
3.) Dalton
4.) Taylor
5.) Yates (won a playoff game, didn't he?)
6.) Locker
7.) Ponder
8.) Mallett
9.) Gabbert
10.) Stanzi
11.) McClroy
12.) Enderle

I don't even know if the last 3 ever saw any action. If the last two did, they are ahead of Stanzi (HE JUST NEEDED A CHANCE, DAMMIT!!!)

If 2011 is redrafted, is Tyrod picked in the first two rounds? Because in reality, he was picked in the 6th.

Discuss Thrower 09-05-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13709551)
I always got a kick out of Haley. His antics cracked me up. I always wondered what he could have done with the Chiefs if he had a chance to coach them with an actual QB. I thought he was basically the initial Pioli "fall guy."

I agree with you about Cajuste and Orchard... the exposure they received on the show likely didn't hurt them much.

I think Roback's girlfriend is a cutie. Her support for her man makes her even cuter. I thought she was a fun part of the show.

Haley being a guy that has been a tenured offensive coordinator without ever strapping on a hat and pads is remarkable even with the asterisk his dad was a scout in a "storied" NFL franchise.

Now if he can make Tyrod play like the all-time best version of himself and then develop Mayfield into a competent starter he deserves praise and the Chiefs look like jackasses for tossing him out for failing to make Cassel into a starter.

If he fails at both then it'll be obvious he's coattail ridden two HoF quarterbacks to success.

rico 09-05-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13709590)
Haley being a guy that has been a tenured offensive coordinator without ever strapping on a hat and pads is remarkable even with the asterisk his dad was a scout in a "storied" NFL franchise.

Now if he can make Tyrod play like the all-time best version of himself and then develop Mayfield into a competent starter he deserves praise and the Chiefs look like jackasses for tossing him out for failing to make Cassel into a starter.

If he fails at both then it'll be obvious he's coattail ridden two HoF quarterbacks to success.

He was seemingly....innovative at times, for having the Cassel limitations.

Yeah didn't Larry post a tweet of some sort about his dad playing for the team in Remember the Titans and Haley basically not knowing shit about football because he never played? Like a golfer or something. That was pretty much the end of Larry, right?

Marcellus 09-05-2018 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13709551)

Robacks GF looked like she was the first generation of her family to live outside a trailer park, or maybe not, and she was just a little bit manly looking at times.

rico 09-05-2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13709961)
Robacks GF looked like she was the first generation of her family to live outside a trailer park, or maybe not, and she was just a little bit manly looking at times.

I’ve seen a lot worse live in mansions.

Marcellus 09-05-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13709971)
I’ve seen a lot worse live in mansions.

No doubt, she just looked a little trashy. Would probably be good for a romp though and frankly he is about as "Bro tank" as it gets so its probably a good fit.

3rd&Long 09-05-2018 02:09 PM

The fish stinks from the head on down. Sobering comment for Browns and Chiefs fans. Oh I know you'll say the Chiefs aren't the Browns. Forget that. It's about results in one form or the other.

Baby Lee 09-05-2018 02:50 PM

I thought an uncommented bit of the capricious nature of the game.

Mychal Kendricks committed insider trading while an Eagle, and he hid his status from both teams.

But even now, if people think 'Mychal Kendricks of the Eagles' there's a mental image of a SB champ. And if they think 'Mychal Kendricks of the Browns' there's a mental image of a felon.

rico 09-05-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13710069)
I thought an uncommented bit of the capricious nature of the game.

Mychal Kendricks committed insider trading while an Eagle, and he hid his status from both teams.

But even now, if people think 'Mychal Kendricks of the Eagles' there's a mental image of a SB champ. And if they think 'Mychal Kendricks of the Browns' there's a mental image of a felon.

Truth.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-05-2018 03:00 PM

Eliot Wolfe comes across like a little twerp. Nepotism is such a joke in the NFL.

chiefzilla1501 09-05-2018 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13709521)

I think it's a lot more of a byproduct of the media loving to sensationalized sideline explosions. They sold the story that he and Kurt Warner were going at it. They're actually best friends. We saw him light Landry up last week. Would we have known haley apologized to Landry after if not for hard knocks? Probably not. I've always felt there was plenty of a lighter side we just never see

chiefzilla1501 09-05-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13709286)
Posted via Mobile Device

I think he was the fall guy. Everybody knows Tomlin needs to go. Easier to blame haley. I never sensed he rubbed off badly at all with the coaches and the Rooneys were pretty reluctant to let him go. He was an easy fall guy because fans didn't love his playcalling and because big Ben is a big baby. It at least looks like the steelers did something. Big Ben wants to freelance. We'll see if his 36 year old body will regret that when he starts getting knocked around again.

rico 09-05-2018 03:54 PM

I mean for real...the guy had a 10-6 season...with Matt Cassel as his ordained QB that he couldn’t do anything about... that’s an accomplishment...

Marcellus 09-05-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13710219)
I mean for real...the guy had a 10-6 season...with Matt Cassel as his ordained QB that he couldn’t do anything about... that’s an accomplishment...

He is also the guy who turned Derrick Johnson's career around.

rico 09-05-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13710222)
He is also the guy who turned Derrick Johnson's career around.

And Bowe.

rico 09-05-2018 03:58 PM

I always wonder if we have any DJ types at the moment...guys who will drive us nuts before blossoming after a few years.

ToxSocks 09-05-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13710229)
I always wonder if we have any DJ types at the moment...guys who will drive us nuts before blossoming after a few years.

Speaks might be a candidate for that.

Marcellus 09-05-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13710229)

K-Pass, he is going to flash and he is going to look stupid at times learning a new position.

But he is an athletic freak.

rico 09-05-2018 04:30 PM

It’d be nice if Ford became a consistent beast. It’s about freaking time.

rico 09-05-2018 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13710283)
K-Pass, he is going to flash and he is going to look stupid at times learning a new position.

But he is an athletic freak.

I agree.

rico 09-05-2018 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13710258)
Speaks might be a candidate for that.

I like him, but sometimes watching him throws me off because it seems like he plods when he runs. I hope the times I’ve noticed that have been fluky.

rabblerouser 09-05-2018 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13709270)
Posted via Mobile Device

To take over for Hue Jackson by week 5?

rico 09-05-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13710455)
To take over for Hue Jackson by week 5?

Yeah...Haley would probably get that over Gregg Williams, I’m guessing.

rabblerouser 09-05-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13710219)

He also did it with a balanced attack that while it leaned heavy on the run, it split carries with Charles and Jones, and both were extremely effective.

And both stayed healthy through the year...

What was JC's line on 2010? Like 1500/6 for 6.3 per?

AGAINST DEFENSES STACKED TO STOP HIM BECAUSE NO ONE WAS SCARED OF CASSEL...

Haley was the Running Game Coordinator when he was 'Co-Offensive Coordinator' with Sean Payton under Parcells in Dallas. Dude can coach.

Pittsburg lost their playoff game by like a point, it lwas like, what, a 75-74 final score?

And they fire the OC!?

Okay then...

It will work out better for Haley anyway; I predict Pitt cleaning house if they don't make get a Super Bowl out of Tomlin this year.

rico 09-05-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13710491)
He also did it with a balanced attack that while it leaned heavy on the run, it split carries with Charles and Jones, and both were extremely effective.

And both stayed healthy through the year...

What was JC's line on 2010? Like 1500/6 for 6.3 per?

AGAINST DEFENSES STACKED TO STOP HIM BECAUSE NO ONE WAS SCARED OF CASSEL...

Haley was the Running Game Coordinator when he was 'Co-Offensive Coordinator' with Sean Payton under Parcells in Dallas. Dude can coach.

Pittsburg lost their playoff game by like a point, it lwas like, what, a 75-74 final score?

And they fire the OC!?

Okay then...

It will work out better for Haley anyway; I predict Pitt cleaning house if they don't make get a Super Bowl out of Tomlin this year.

This is a good post. I agree with you.

Jones...ahhhh it used to drive me nuts when we’d feed him the rock 25 times to Charles’s 12 and he’d average like 2.5 YPC and we knew that at any time, Charles could catch lightning in a bottle.

rabblerouser 09-05-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13710510)
This is a good post. I agree with you.

Jones...ahhhh it used to drive me nuts when we’d feed him the rock 25 times to Charles’s 12 and he’d average like 2.5 YPC and we knew that at any time, Charles could catch lightning in a bottle.

But it kept him healthy...and effective.

6.3 ypc...

With Cassel at QB.

Haley should've been CotY over Rheem Morris or whoever won that year.

****ing DBowe LED THE LEAGUE IN TDs THAT YEAR.

The guy who couldn't find the field in Cleveland ($9m guaranteed...5 catches) led the NFL in TDs in 2010.

Haley MADE DJ's career...

Haley can definitely coach 'em up.

rico 09-05-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13710531)
But it kept him healthy...and effective.

6.3 ypc...

With Cassel at QB.

Haley should've been CotY over Rheem Morris or whoever won that year.

****ing DBowe LED THE LEAGUE IN TDs THAT YEAR.

The guy who couldn't find the field in Cleveland ($9m guaranteed...5 catches) led the NFL in TDs in 2010.

Haley MADE DJ's career...

Haley can definitely coach 'em up.

For sure.

Bowe was so weird. He would make these acrobatic catches where it looked like he was playing hacky sack with the football with his hands before finally catching it. Then he would drop a rare Cassel thrown ball right at his chest. He’d routinely missed the rare easy ones from Cassel. It was as if Cassel was so bad that Bowe grew used to only having poorly thrown footballs his way and grew accustomed to it... so then when a ball was thrown perfectly to him, it threw him off because he wasn’t used to it. LMAO

Strongside 09-05-2018 10:10 PM

I hate to say it...but I ****ing love Todd Haley on this show. He’s just a good dude.

MVChiefFan 09-05-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 13710905)
I hate to say it...but I ****ing love Todd Haley on this show. He’s just a good dude.

My wife actually watched the show with me, and she’s not a sports fan. During the first episode I explained who Haley was and how he’s a real grade A douche. By the time the show ended, he made me look like an idiot. Lol He was actually alright.

Strongside 09-05-2018 10:44 PM

He’s genuinely a smart, funny, likeable guy. He wasn’t ready to be a HC...but he’s a damn good coach nonetheless.

rabblerouser 09-06-2018 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 13710929)
He’s genuinely a smart, funny, likeable guy. He wasn’t ready to be a HC...but he’s a damn good coach nonetheless.

I don't think ANYONE is ready to be a head coach if Scott Pioli is the GM and Matt Cassel is the QB.

rico 09-06-2018 06:35 AM

Haley’s reaction when Palko threw that Hail Mary for a TD against the Bears (I think) was freaking hilarious. He was laughing on the sideline like, “holy shit, I can’t believe we just pulled that off with that guy.” LMAO

I won’t deny it. I like Haley and always have. Have always considered him the “fall guy” here.

chiefzilla1501 09-06-2018 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad (Post 13710092)
Eliot Wolfe comes across like a little twerp. Nepotism is such a joke in the NFL.

Who starts a phone call about being cut with "unfortunately." I don't think I've ever seen that on hard knocks. Maybe it helped the players blow off steam on the car ride. But it seemed more that Wolfe is in way over his head.

rabblerouser 09-06-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13710582)
For sure.

Bowe was so weird. He would make these acrobatic catches where it looked like he was playing hacky sack with the football with his hands before finally catching it. Then he would drop a rare Cassel thrown ball right at his chest. He’d routinely missed the rare easy ones from Cassel. It was as if Cassel was so bad that Bowe grew used to only having poorly thrown footballs his way and grew accustomed to it... so then when a ball was thrown perfectly to him, it threw him off because he wasn’t used to it. LMAO

I called him 'Mr. Clutch' for a similar reason :

It always seemed like he made those crazy acrobatic receptions on first and second down...but if it was 3rd or 4th?

Forget about it.

Remember that 4th down in the Indy playoff? He let that Colts defender ride him out of bounds...for a defender known for his physical nature, and he let that skinny punk DB ride him out of bounds.

rico 09-06-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13712363)
I called him 'Mr. Clutch' for a similar reason :

It always seemed like he made those crazy acrobatic receptions on first and second down...but if it was 3rd or 4th?

Forget about it.

Remember that 4th down in the Indy playoff? He let that Colts defender ride him out of bounds...for a defender known for his physical nature, and he let that skinny punk DB ride him out of bounds.

I never made the connection about what down we were on when he’d make those catches. That’s not the only Bowe moment against the Colts that pissed me off. In 2011, I was 100% aboard the Suck for Luck train...we were well on our way and projected to win those sweepstakes until we beat the ****ing Colts... and we wouldn’t have beaten them without Bowe being an acrobat. That sparked a mini roll that we went on and eventually, we went from front-runners to out of the sweepstakes. I think he best catch he ever had was in that game.

rico 09-06-2018 07:07 PM

This one...God it was sick.... that's the beginning of the end our Suck for Luck bid we had in.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/27dQ-CaGJgw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-King- 10-22-2018 05:28 AM

Looks like both Jackson and Haley have worn out their welcomes in Cleveland. Fans want them both fired and the FO is tired of their shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

dj56dt58 10-22-2018 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13712512)
This one...God it was sick.... that's the beginning of the end our Suck for Luck bid we had in.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/27dQ-CaGJgw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So your saying if Bowe doesn't make this catch we don't have Patrick Mahomes?

:wayne: D Bowe

rico 10-22-2018 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 13835475)
So your saying if Bowe doesn't make this catch we don't have Patrick Mahomes?

:wayne: D Bowe

Lol basically. That was a blessing in disguise because Mahomes >>>> Luck.