ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Crying kids at restaurants (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315557)

BucEyedPea 05-27-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13571112)
I’m sitting here at Big Bisquit trying to enjoy a nice breakfast. I’m solo this am as the family slept in. So, I though a nice, peaceful breakfast out would be a great way to start the day.

Unfortunately, this family with 5 kids in the 1 to 7 age range is seated right next to me. The 3ish year old boy starts bitching and crying. Mom, who obviously hasn’t ever heard of birth control, seems to think it’s cute. It’s a good thing I’m hungry, because I’d like to jam my biscuit in the little rat bastards mouth. Meanwhile, the next older brother is coughing non stop and sounds like he has whooping cough.

Now, my peaceful breakfast sucks, I may need antibiotics, and my blood pressure is up.

Take your sick and crying kids outside people. ****ing idiots.

And no, I can’t choke them out.
Flame away

ROFL Hilarious!

It's even worse on a plane when you're trying to sleep, just doze or read.

Buy Bose noise canceling headphones. I hear they work great from colleagues I fly with.
https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/...eadphones.html

Or ask to have your seat moved.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-27-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

I’m sitting here at Big Bisquit trying to enjoy a nice breakfast. I’m solo this am as the family slept in. So, I though a nice, peaceful breakfast out would be a great way to start the day.

Unfortunately, this family with 5 kids in the 1 to 7 age range is seated right next to me. The 3ish year old boy starts bitching and crying. Mom, who obviously hasn’t ever heard of birth control, seems to think it’s cute. It’s a good thing I’m hungry, because I’d like to jam my biscuit in the little rat bastards mouth. Meanwhile, the next older brother is coughing non stop and sounds like he has whooping cough.

Now, my peaceful breakfast sucks, I may need antibiotics, and my blood pressure is up.

Flame away

Holy Shit I needed a good laugh. Sorry bout your breakfast but that was funny!

BucEyedPea 05-27-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msmith (Post 13571363)
It is up to the parent to teach the kids how to behave.

Agreed. We were never allowed to act up like that. Gotta' teach them some manners. Tho' infants and babies are another matter. They really can't help it but feeding them before arriving or first thing should help and not when they tired. That's just asking for trouble. On a plane, their ears hurt when landing, so shove a bottle in their mouth to let them suck to alleviate it.

DaFace 05-27-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13571361)
A couple or three Bloody Marys would have fixed tooge’s problem.

You're joking, but there is a strong inverse correlation between kids and booze in breakfast joints in my experience.

Why Not? 05-27-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Ultimately, kids who get rowdy at public places often get rowdy at home. It is up to the parent to teach the kids how to behave.

Sometimes. We have a deal with our kids. At home, they can totally be themselves, provided they aren't name calling or being physical in a negative way. Otherwise, they can run, jump, yell, wrestle, cuss, be moody, etc. In other words, they are allowed the same right to be themselves at home as we are. In public, they are expected to behave pretty damn close to impeccably or they know they will face significant consequences. This has worked out extremely well for us and them.

Hammock Parties 05-27-2018 01:27 PM

Next time I suggest hitting up Westport for brunch.

The Corner Restaurant or Westport Cafe. You won't find any crying kids in those places, and food a billion times better.

I'm sure you think Overland Park is American Mecca, though, you milquetoast, homogenized, bud-light drinking, McDonalds eating son of a bitch Midwestern muggle.

You disgust me.

vailpass 05-27-2018 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13571395)
You're joking, but there is a strong inverse correlation between kids and booze in breakfast joints in my experience.

I was more thinking the booze was for Tooge.

BucEyedPea 05-27-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13571271)
Cook your own breakfast at home, problem solved. I do it every morning, no waiting, no noise and I know exactly what I am eating.

Did you know I-Hop puts flour in their omelettes to make look fluffy?

I was shocked to find that out when some colleagues of mine stopped at one after a long-drive business trip. I normally never eat there. Don't know whey they just can't use eggs. Makes me wonder what else restaurants like that put in their food to look better.

BryanBusby 05-27-2018 01:36 PM

Oh and maybe give the kids some antifreeze popsicles next time

Rain Man 05-27-2018 01:38 PM

To be completely honest, I never want to see someone under 18 in any situation. They can't hold a conversation, run around incessantly, stare inappropriately at me, and the 17 year-old girls don't have any type of warning ID so I don't stare at them inappropriately.

FlaChief58 05-27-2018 01:42 PM

People with kids should never take them anywhere but McDonald's, burger king or Chuck-e-cheese until said kids turn 25

BryanBusby 05-27-2018 01:43 PM

Take em to strip clubs. Music so loud can't hear the crying.

Make sure the club has a kitchen. Problem solved.

Miles 05-27-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13571387)
ROFL Hilarious!

It's even worse on a plane when you're trying to sleep, just doze or read.

Buy Bose noise canceling headphones. I hear they work great from colleagues I fly with.
https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/...eadphones.html

Or ask to have your seat moved.

They are great if you fly a lot but mostly just cut the engine noise. If you have people loudly talking behind you it’s a little dulled but still annoying.

If you fly a lot still highly recommend but unfortunately not complete magic.

BucEyedPea 05-27-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 13571424)
They are great if you fly a lot but mostly just cut the engine noise. If you have people loudly talking behind you it’s a little dulled but still annoying.

Bose ones are expensive. The owner of the company bought everyone smaller sound reduction headphones and one gal told me she could barely hear some crying or acting up kids.

I even got a pair and I am not an employee. Only I'm afraid to wear them, feeling I'd conk out miss hearing we landed and end up someplace else. It's nearly happened before without them.

banecat 05-27-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Flame away

Was there not a sign up stating that the residents of Holt are not welcome? If there wasn't then hang one to make sure that it doesn't happen again

Miles 05-27-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13571426)
Bose ones are expensive. The owner of the company bought everyone smaller sound reduction headphones and one gal told me she could barely hear some crying or acting up kids.

I even got a pair and I am not an employee. Only I'm afraid to wear them, feeling I'd conk out miss hearing we landed and end up someplace else. It's nearly happened before without them.

I’ve mostly gotten lucky with crying or don’t notice it anymore since I got the Bose headphones (hear Sony’s are better) They don’t block people talking by design though.

As long as you are on a destination flight the flight attendants will wake you up to get out.

Rain Man 05-27-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13571417)
Take em to strip clubs. Music so loud can't hear the crying.

Make sure the club has a kitchen. Problem solved.

And if the workers are mostly single moms, the kids might be chick magnets.

BryanBusby 05-27-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13571443)
And if the workers are mostly single moms, the kids might be chick magnets.

They tend to all have a male friend named John.

BWillie 05-27-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13571177)
If you go to a more upscale place, you won't have this problem as much. Instead, you chose a cheap, family-friendly place.

I tend to agree. Place like the Big Biscuit. Expect crying kids. Go to reasonable classy restaurant, even a chain like Longhorn or Cheesecake Factory on a Friday and Saturday night. I more so see your point.

BryanBusby 05-27-2018 02:20 PM

Never go to Cheesecake Factory

HemiEd 05-27-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13571275)
I never know what to tip in that situation.

Just empty your wallet on the table and the clean up crew will be thrilled.

Otter 05-27-2018 02:36 PM

I was at a sports bar once watching the NFL games in a big booth and a couple with 3 kids sat down next to us. The kids were crawling on the floor over to and under our booth, running up and down the aisle, playing with toys on the floor tripping the waitstaff on several occasions. It was the biggest shit show and the couple was perfectly fine with it.</br></br>Junior wound up accidentally wearing an 7% ABV IPA the last time he crawled under the booth.

Nickhead 05-27-2018 02:47 PM

fat people riding mobility scooters thru the grocery store isle piss me off more :D

Hammock Parties 05-27-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13571490)
fat people riding mobility scooters thru the grocery store isle piss me off more :D

It's getting worse. I've seen two separate fat people riding segways down the sidewalk, presumably on their way home from work or school.

This country is going to be so fat in 20 years.

Nickhead 05-27-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13571491)
It's getting worse. I've seen two separate fat people riding segways down the sidewalk, presumably on their way home from work or school.

there is one guy in this town. about 350 lbs. he's got his orange triangle flag, hi vis vest with reflectors, and a bike helmet. he tools into the shops, drives every where. he will drop things and people will pick them up off the floor and hand to him. then he will drive to the express checkout, put everything on the belt from the scooter (you can't put anything on the conveyor because the scooter is more like an atv). then after all that, he will drive his scooter beyond the checkout in the middle of the walkway for all the other shops, park, get up and pay, place groceries back into scooter, then drive off.

one day ima gonna leave my foot under his wheel and then i can tool around the shops in one myself. then i will make it my life long mission to road rage with him in the fat people isles. :D

kccrow 05-27-2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13571124)
Kids cry sometimes. What are the parents supposed to do just never go anywhere? If you wanted a peaceful breakfast, you should have made it yourself and ate at home.

This. If you can't handle it, you're probably the one that shouldn't be going out to eat.

Stewie 05-27-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13571298)
The old my kids were always angels but others no so much.

I hope your kids understand this, because I sure don't. Do they have a decoder ring?

Baby Lee 05-27-2018 03:31 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wMjVKaUfE78" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HemiEd 05-27-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 13571482)
I was at a sports bar once watching the NFL games in a big booth and a couple with 3 kids sat down next to us. The kids were crawling on the floor over to and under our booth, running up and down the aisle, playing with toys on the floor tripping the waitstaff on several occasions. It was the biggest shit show and the couple was perfectly fine with it.</br></br>Junior wound up accidentally wearing an 7% ABV IPA the last time he crawled under the booth.

ROFL

HemiEd 05-27-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13571490)

It is a disgusting problem and it pisses me off more when they sit there stopped and blocking an aisle.

Quote:

It has already happened. Fast food is the norm and the majority of people don't take responsibility for their own health. Just keep shoving that shit in and sit on that ass.

Baby Lee 05-27-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

We were blessed with four kids who behaved well in their young age. One time when we ate at McDonald, the town police chief sitting next to our table commented how well our kids behaved.

My wife always carried some crayons and coloring books in her purse. She provided the kids in drawing while we waited for the meals. Some restaurants provided those stuff as well.

Ultimately, kids who get rowdy at public places often get rowdy at home. It is up to the parent to teach the kids how to behave.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13571165)
I always hate when my kids are missed behaving.

Particularly at a McDonald

Rain Man 05-27-2018 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13571540)
It is a disgusting problem and it pisses me off more when they sit there stopped and blocking an aisle.

I'm not passing judgment on people in scooters because I may possibly need one someday. So I'll reserve my disdain for children, because I doubt that I'll ever become a child again.

Beef Supreme 05-27-2018 04:25 PM

ehhh...kids are kids and all, but sometimes the little ****ers turn into a ringwraith from lord of the rings and should be dealt with accordingly.

Nickhead 05-27-2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13571548)
I'm not passing judgment on people in scooters because I may possibly need one someday. So I'll reserve my disdain for children, because I doubt that I'll ever become a child again.

consider this an advance warning for if you ever do need a scooter :D

Bob Dole 05-27-2018 05:00 PM

I rarely go out to eat. The last time, I walked in and there were about 20 people in a large group and quite a few kids. I sat as far away as possible around a corner. 3 of the little ****ers decided to chase each other around squealing. About the 4th pass, I shouted HEY at the top of my lungs (I’m a little loud) and they ran away. A Dad came around the corner and I smiled and waved. They didn’t come squealing past any more.

Chief Pagan 05-27-2018 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Or:

sully1983 05-27-2018 05:25 PM

Yeah crying kids at restaurants are annoying as hell. I'll add going to movies and these stupid parents bring them to PG 13 movies (face palm)
I remember seeing Jurassic World in theaters and it was hands down the worst theater going experience of my life. This idiot couple brought TWO of their little ones to it (one was a baby that wouldn't stop crying through out the film ). I wanted to throw my popcorn at them so badly .

Moral of the story , GET A ****ING BABYSITTER!!!!11

srvy 05-27-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 13571581)
Yeah crying kids at restaurants are annoying as hell. I'll add going to movies and these stupid parents bring them to PG 13 movies (face palm)
I remember seeing Jurassic World in theaters and it was hands down the worst theater going experience of my life. This idiot couple brought TWO of their little ones to it (one was a baby that wouldn't stop crying through out the film ). I wanted to throw my popcorn at them so badly .

Moral of the story , GET A ****ING BABYSITTER!!!!11

Kids and dinosaurs thats a hard pass for me. If I ever did want to see that one its netflix all the way.

Baby Lee 05-27-2018 05:34 PM

I'm not usually one to complain about such things, but the last time I went to the theater [Force Awakens]. It was really nice with barcaloungers and whatnot [B&B's, Lee's Summit].

But the concessions apparently sell their nachos with the chips in those clear crinkly bags.

Throughout the entire first half of the movie I heard every moment of the consumption of a plate of nachos from the person in the lounger next to me.

The crinkle,
the grasp,
the pull,
the dip,
the chomp,
the chew.

Dear Lord, did it set me on edge.

I mention it largely because it arose out of the theater's concession decisions, not the particular fault of the customer.

BucEyedPea 05-27-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13571589)
I'm not usually one to complain about such things, but the last time I went to the theater [Force Awakens]. It was really nice with barcaloungers and whatnot [B&B's, Lee's Summit].

But the concessions apparently sell their nachos with the chips in those clear crinkly bags.

Throughout the entire first half of the movie I heard every moment of the consumption of a plate of nachos from the person in the lounger next to me.

The crinkle,
the grasp,
the pull,
the dip,
the chomp,
the chew.

I mention it largely because it arose out of the theater's concession decisions, not the particular fault of the customer.

I HATE when the person behind me kicks my seat constantly—same on an airplane.

Simply Red 05-27-2018 06:04 PM

I'm just glad nobody was hurt this morning.

Couch-Potato 05-27-2018 06:17 PM

Don't bring small children out to eat.

Simply Red 05-27-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 13571617)
Don't bring small children out to eat.

http://i63.tinypic.com/27wt4rc.jpg

Simply Red 05-27-2018 06:37 PM

it's irresponsible if you're not locking your children up somewhere while you go out.

Easy 6 05-27-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13571609)
I'm just glad nobody was hurt this morning.

LMAO

TribalElder 05-27-2018 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13571634)
it's irresponsible if you're not locking your children up somewhere while you go out.

The children’s Kennels are a safe space.

TimBone 05-27-2018 08:30 PM

Quote:

Were that many of the kids named Mary?

tooge 05-27-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13571278)
Tooge is complaining about a three year old. It’s a little harder to reason with a three year old than it is a 5 year old or 7 year old. If you pull a three year old out of the restaurant and explain to him/her that their behavior will not be tolerated they probably aren’t going to fully understand. They will act better for awhile when you go back in, but as soon as something else grabs their attention they will probably forget and act up again.

Frazod, while I understand your sentiment being raised by a strict disciplinarian myself, I would be ****ing furious if a total stranger spanked my kid.

Actually, I’m complaining about the non acting parent. Kids will be kids. Mine cried at restaurants but I dealt with it.
This is an interesting social examining thread. Half the people are like “ deal with the idiots that make life miserable for others”, and half are like “ those idiots need to deal with the reason they make life miserable for others”. Interesting

tooge 05-27-2018 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 13571310)
What did you have? Was it good?

Little kids always suck if they aren't yours.. at least in public situations.

I had the ranchero omelet. It was just ok. Look, when I cook Bs and Gs at home or an omelet at home it’ll kick big biscuits ass. The fam was sleeping, I almost never eat breakfast out, and I wanted to chill and enjoy breakfast and a cup of coffee. That’s it.

tooge 05-27-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13571402)
Next time I suggest hitting up Westport for brunch.

The Corner Restaurant or Westport Cafe. You won't find any crying kids in those places, and food a billion times better.

I'm sure you think Overland Park is American Mecca, though, you milquetoast, homogenized, bud-light drinking, McDonalds eating son of a bitch Midwestern muggle.

You disgust me.

Actually I went to corner cafe in liberty first. Pretty long wait. Then I thought Ginger Sues in liberty. Great place. In hindsight, shoulda gone there.

carcosa 05-27-2018 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13571634)

Lock them in a cage until they're grown up. Problem solved !!

tooge 05-27-2018 10:17 PM

Thank you

Bufkin 05-27-2018 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13571159)
Yet another post proving you’re a dumb ****.

Everyone on CP is aware of your stupidity. There’s no reason to continue reminding us.

Grown men that refer to themselves as “BAMF” should probably yield from throwing cyber insults. I’d bet my left leg you’re 250 pounds minimum.

BWillie 05-27-2018 11:21 PM

Quote:

Isn't it going the opposite direction wirh more of the population, especially younger, being cognizant of nutrition & eating clean?

stevieray 05-28-2018 05:04 AM

get over yourself, mommie dearest.

HemiEd 05-28-2018 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13571548)

keeping your half marathon record in perspective, by the time you need one they will be obsolete and you will be "transported" where you need to go by something similar to Star Trek.

I swear some of these people in Wallyworld just sit in those things seeking attention.

threebag 05-28-2018 06:26 AM

I seen a guy using one to retrieve carts from the parking lot a couple days ago.

He would pull a cart in then drive out for another.

007 05-28-2018 06:51 AM

Hell when we started having kids, we stopped eating out. Sometimes no matter how hard you try to get a young child to stop acting out, nothing works. Our youngest of four is 10 now and we generally go out once a month at this point.

Basically stemmed back to how I felt, and still feel about eating out and having to hear other people's children, sometimes the parents as well, yelling in public. You can only take so much before it just ruins your experience.

What it boils down to is how much more of a rude society we have become.

LoneWolf 05-28-2018 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 13571989)
Grown men that refer to themselves as “BAMF” should probably yield from throwing cyber insults. I’d bet my left leg you’re 250 pounds minimum.

If you’d like to test this theory, I’m at every Chiefs home game. Shoot me a pm and I’ll let you know where we tailgate.

tooge 05-28-2018 07:58 AM

Lol

Spott 05-28-2018 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13572128)
If you’d like to test this theory, I’m at every Chiefs home game. Shoot me a pm and I’ll let you know where we tailgate.

You should be easy to find. Just look for the tent with all the screaming kids. :)

bevischief 05-28-2018 08:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well there is...

LoneWolf 05-28-2018 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13572156)
You should be easy to find. Just look for the tent with all the screaming kids. :)

Tooge is not invited. :)

SuperBowl4 05-28-2018 08:25 AM

You should have offered to pay for their meals. :shake:

tooge 05-28-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13572175)
Tooge is not invited. :)

Are you one of those guys that dress up in character for games?

scho63 05-28-2018 09:16 AM

The only thing that pisses me off more than an unruly bunch of spoiled screaming brats in a restaurant is when children are sitting at the bar. I go to the bar in restaurants as a single guy to drink adult beverages, have adult conversations and not be worried that my conversation could be offensive to some 10 year old child.

Bars are for adults-you'll get there soon enough kiddo!

Bob Dole 05-28-2018 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13572199)
The only thing that pisses me off more than an unruly bunch of spoiled screaming brats in a restaurant is when children are sitting at the bar. I go to the bar in restaurants as a single guy to drink adult beverages, have adult conversations and not be worried that my conversation could be offensive to some 10 year old child.

Bars are for adults-you'll get there soon enough kiddo!

My regular hangout chose to go no smoking and all ages. I used to go 6 days a week. I maybe go once a month now.

LoneWolf 05-28-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13572183)
Are you one of those guys that dress up in character for games?

Nope. I’m also not one of the guys who brings a huge speaker and drowns out all conversation around me or the guy who drinks a thirty pack of Bud Light and murders someone sleeping in my car.

I’m the guy with extra food and whiskey for anyone who shows up.

CanadianChief 05-28-2018 11:46 AM

http://www.careercapitalist.com/.a/6...4e0b970d-800wi

Bob Dole 05-28-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 13572306)

I yelled that at a cow Saturday morning.

Gravedigger 05-28-2018 12:50 PM

Kids in movie theaters, kids in restaurants, kids on airplanes, old people driving, it's all the same kind of annoying.

Randallflagg 05-28-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13571285)
Well, this would have happened around 1970. It was clearly a different time.

It most definitely isn't the 70s any longer - and that's too bad.

I got exactly 2 "Whippings" in my life. One by my Dad and one by my Mother. I deserved them both. We were raised (in the 50s and 60s) to believe that kids were to be "seen and not heard". Today? Kids have "rights". ROFL

And, the other posters are correct. Do that today (in public) and you will most likely be sent to Guantanamo for "terrorism".

Flying High D 05-28-2018 01:43 PM

All the kids I grew up that were worshipped by their parents didn’t turn out so good.

tooge 05-28-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13572278)
Nope. I’m also not one of the guys who brings a huge speaker and drowns out all conversation around me or the guy who drinks a thirty pack of Bud Light and murders someone sleeping in my car.

I’m the guy with extra food and whiskey for anyone who shows up.

You sound like a good host then

MarkDavis'Haircut 05-28-2018 02:59 PM

Quote:

It doesn't help when fat people are told it is OK to be fat or fat is beautiful.

banecat 05-28-2018 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 13572411)
It doesn't help when fat people are told it is OK to be fat or fat is beautiful.

But it's funny. Can it be done with a straight face?

MarkDavis'Haircut 05-28-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13572413)
But it's funny. Can it be done with a straight face?

I am sure it can.

Heck in my college dorm hallway, there was a poster proclaiming such a thing.

I laughed for a good minute.

Ming the Merciless 05-28-2018 03:19 PM

I know when im seeking peace of mind and solace i.usually go to crowded breakfast places and pancake houses

Its practice for zen buddhism

sedated 05-28-2018 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13571589)

The crinkle,
the grasp,
the pull,
the dip,
the chomp,
the chew.

Im pretty surprised people dont realize how annoying chip bags are. A temp in our office loved eating Fritos from the bag. I spent an excessive amount of my work day planning how I was going to kill him.

Rain Man 05-28-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 13572455)
Im pretty surprised people dont realize how annoying chip bags are. A temp in our office loved eating Fritos from the bag. I spent an excessive amount of my work day planning how I was going to kill him.

I do focus groups, and we give people a meal or snacks when they participate.
We specifically ban certain types of food based on their wrapper and/or crunchiness. They completely screw up the recording and observation.