ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Eye-Oh-Wayne-E-an AMA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314805)

Buehler445 04-09-2018 11:03 PM

Describe a time when you were irrationally angry about something fairly benign.

I love Iowanian stories:D

Bugeater 04-09-2018 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13510235)
There is a relatively new music festival in the small town of St Charles that is about half an hour from Des Moines called Hinterland. I'll be going there to see sturgil Simpson and several other great bands this summer.

Des Moines has a shitload of live music if you watch...in a couple of weeks I'm going to a show on the river at the simon Estes outdoor theater. It's cool. Lots of shows.

There is a shrine built completely out of small stones located near west bend Iowa that is pretty impressive Called the grotto of the redemption. It's a religious site but you don't have to be churchy to think it's cool.

A guy has a thing called the freedom rock, where he has and does military appreciation type paintings on large rocks. He does one every year near greenfield for Memorial Day and it always has a theme. Veterans have their ashes sent to the guy to have them mixed into the paint for them. He has one in many counties and they are all unique. You could turn those into several day trips.

If you like pure athletic competition at a high level....go to the Iowa high school wrestling championships. You'll probably shit yourself at the atmosphere at the finals even if you are t a huge fan.

Every part of the state has something interesting that I like.

Hinterland looks crazy, almost like a mini-Woodstock.
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-y-RO6aXF4...255B1%255D.jpg

I'm pretty sure I saw that grotto when I was very young, I have a vague recollection of it. Not sure how we ended up way up there as it's in a part of the state we rarely spent much time in.

The Freedom Rock thing is interesting, I found a map of them and apparently there is one in Kimballton which is just down the road from the family farm. Been in that town countless times and had never heard of it. Definitely something I'll keep in mind when I'm planning my visits to the state.

DSM does have a fantastic riverfront, rode through it several times. I really need to spend a weekend there sometime.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-09-2018 11:25 PM

Describe your last hoggin experience...

rocknrolla 04-09-2018 11:29 PM

Iowanian, you are a stand up guy. This is the most honest AMA to date, You seem to be an honest guy with a fulfilling life, thanks for sharing.

rico 04-09-2018 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 13509574)
I will be spending my 4th of July vacation in Galena and Dubuque. Convince me not to just end it now.

Full disclosure, I was born in Dubuque.

Ah man, I love Dubuque. Lived there for 6 years. Have spent probably ten 4th of July weekends there...always fun.

Also love Iowanian...onto my question for him...

BryanBusby 04-09-2018 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13509322)
Truth, I have no interest in plastic women. I'll take the girl next door over a plastic face, bolt on hooter-trimmed lip cooter-American any day.

She just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's because in High School I kissed a girl that had bit lips like hers, and they were cold, dry and cracked and a total turnoff.

I'll never receive a finger that isn't attached to a medical professional for a highly necessary reason.

In all actuality, I was maybe one of the few that thought it was confusing that Brad Pitt left Jennifer Aniston for Jolie.

rico 04-09-2018 11:48 PM

Austin DeSanto is notorious for being the guy who beat Spencer Lee in the finals at state when Lee was going for his 4th state championship (along with an undefeated HS career). Lee was competing with a torn ACL, but DeSanto is notorious for it nevertheless.

Now, he is becoming known for some of his on the mat antics that he pulled at Drexel. He displayed bizarre behavior at times, most notably trying to break Stevan Micic’s arm with a Kai Mura Jiu Jitsu move at the end of their match in the quarters at nationals...this was when it was obvious that he was going to lose the match...he was getting his butt kicked. After the match, there has been an abundance of rumbling about DeSanto having autism...something that had never come out prior to that match..

Since nationals, DeSanto has been granted his release from Drexel and it looks very likely that he is going to transfer to Iowa. He attended the World Cup with Lee this weekend...definitely being recruited.

Do you think it is a mistake for Iowa to be recruiting this kid, given his behavioral concerns? Should they treat him with kids gloves due to his alleged autism? How much different should the coaches handle or treat him due to his autism? Do you think it’s a good idea that they are pursuing this or do you think they are just asking for disaster?

Iowanian 04-10-2018 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13510497)
Describe your last hoggin experience...

I know what you mean, but I'm playing dumb and answering this way.

Last spring, myself and five of my circle of trust went to the Paris Texas area to shoot pigs. We were to pay with cash and arrived in a small RV. We met the alleged proprietor who and and his yes man in a walmart parking lot to buy licenses. The guy with the rat tail on the top of his head who smelled like he had been rolling with wild hogs for a month claimed to be the owner and pilot. We'd seen that guys pic and knew he was lying and called him out. The real guy came out and said they were trying to pull a joke on us. It was stupid. We were then told to follow them to the lodge and turned down a dead end road and a tuck pulled in behind us. It felt like a robbery attempt to be honest, but let's assume that was a terrible terrible idea.

We made our plans and we're told to be ready to leave at 6am sharp and would be left at 6:01. The guy begins to talk to us like it's our first day hunting, we explain that we're seasoned shotgun deer hunters and have shot moving animals before, we're killers. He basically says "yeah, whatever". Several of us appear to know more about taking the weapons he has apart to clean than the guy he has doing it, but they accept no advice....
We were ready, they rolled in at 7:15. The tone is being set.

We arrive at the hanger, pick our partner and draw straws for hunts. I draw second straw along with my brother who did 2 tours in Iraq and spent some time as a gunner. If he puts us on hogs, hogs will die we tell him.

For this hunt we are required to use their weapons. I select a saiga style 12 ga. With 00 buck shot over the AR. We step into something similar to a roofing harness and are clipped to a tether the size of a pinky finger. The engine whines and begins to roar...as the helicopter shakes and lifts off the ground. We zip into s field with a single tree where we are told to step out one foot onto the rail, lean out until the tether is tight and fire one round when told at the base of a lone tree in the hay field.....I don't shoot quick enough and the guy bitches st me.

He begins to orate about his awesome mapping and navigation system...and I quickly identify it as an iPad with google earth, and a kmz file with boundaries of land we can shoot on....I mention it because I have suggestions to improve it....the guy no longer wants to discuss that. What a dick.

We crest a ridge and out of the corner of my eye spot five pigs breaking cover from scrub brush and heading across a hay field to a drainage. We are told to step to the rail....the helicopter tiles sharply to the left leaving us facing the ground as he drops over the field about 50 yards from the ground......i position the fire stick to my shoulder, look through the red dot and aim just behind the rear hog in the group......After a series of 3 round bursts from the front and back seat, 3 vermin hogs lay dead in a field.

To be continued.

Graystoke 04-10-2018 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13509496)
Ever been to Nordic Fest in Decorah? Highly recommend it if not.

I spend a lot of time in the North East part of the State. Decorah kicks some serious ass. Nordic Fest is pretty cool.
Other cool is the Brewery scene with Toppling Goliath, Pulpit Rock.
The Upper Iowa River is one of the most spectacular floats you can do in the Midwest. Great Trout Streams etc...

Graystoke 04-10-2018 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13509621)
I've been in Galena for non-recreation purposes a few times. There are things to do there for sure.

To keep you from "ending it"....I'd tell you to go down to Marquette-McGreggor to Pike's Peak state park to camp and hike. I'd tell you to go to effigy mounds, mines of Spain, there is a new aquarium in Dubuque, stone cliff winery, and it seems like we went on a canoe ride in a cave somewhere...Ghost cave? Spook cave? Something like that.

Spook Cave. South of McGreggor.

Iowanian 04-10-2018 07:38 AM

3 Attachment(s)
hogs.....

The guy bitches at us from the pilots seat at every opportunity. Lean out further, get your ass cheek on the seat, don't let that slide handle break my damn windshield(because it happened a year earlier or something)...He's bitched so much I'm getting pissed off to the point of it ruining my trip. On the ride home he does some fancy Kiowa Pilot shit and we drop map of the earth in a creek bed and roar 16 miles to camp. I'm so pissed off I'm not enjoying it and I'm contemplating breaking his ****ing jaw when we land. I'm paying for this shit....

The last group goes up and returns soaked from the light rain, never having seen a pig......the pilot basically says "well it's raining....and might all day, I'm booked tomorrow so you might think about going home if you don't want to wait 2 days(with no lodging...and the promised camp chef that wasn't there and had not made the breakfast we had been promised)

We're still paying full price if we leave.....but getting half the air time. This guy is a dick.

Late afternoon the weather breaks. First group goes up....Its about my turn and I'm annoyed enough with this asshole that I don't even care to go up for my second trip...I offer it to the other 4 guys but they insist I go. Reluctantly I do...but if he acts like he did last time, I'm not responsible for my actions on the ground.....

We strap in, tether our weapon choices to our chest strap and lift off. After half an hour of nothing, we are hovering over ground that is the wrong color on the map. My brother sees a cluster of hogs below us and tells the pilot. He doesn't believe him because he didn't see them first.....they are there....we hover up and down to try to get them to flee across a river where we can shoot....pilot says they will never go. My brother grins and says "watch this" and starts waving his arms up and down....and the cluster breaks for the creek. We drop lower and watch them cross a shallow river...they're going to enter a large field where we can shoot.....50-60 pigs are entering an open field. This is what I thought it would be like.

We swoop in low behind them, we're instructed to start at the back and work forward with the group...which we already knew from years of deer hunting. My brother in the front, I in the rear seat and we begin to lay waste. The hogs split into 2 groups of 30 and we're on them. We're both firing essentially on the same pig, it rolls and then move up to the next. I turn a little up when I lean and I see a brass eject into the hood of my brother's pullover and it goes down his neck...It's funny but not funny.....He goes on a terror of 3 round bursts and rolls pig after pig before I can even shoot. When it's over we leave 18 on the ground in that field. The pilot, who has been a complete asshole the entire time begins to cheer and says "holy shit, you guys CAN shoot" and mentions using my brother's video as training for his future hunts.

The last group goes up again, never sees a pig. We all pay full price, they say it's too muddy to collect any meat and basically want us to leave.

It was fun but we went with the wrong outfit. My brother said the guy was an asshole because he was a warrant officer in the army too long.

Iowanian 04-10-2018 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13510514)
Austin DeSanto is notorious for being the guy who beat Spencer Lee in the finals at state when Lee was going for his 4th state championship (along with an undefeated HS career). Lee was competing with a torn ACL, but DeSanto is notorious for it nevertheless.

Now, he is becoming known for some of his on the mat antics that he pulled at Drexel. He displayed bizarre behavior at times, most notably trying to break Stevan Micic’s arm with a Kai Mura Jiu Jitsu move at the end of their match in the quarters at nationals...this was when it was obvious that he was going to lose the match...he was getting his butt kicked. After the match, there has been an abundance of rumbling about DeSanto having autism...something that had never come out prior to that match..

Since nationals, DeSanto has been granted his release from Drexel and it looks very likely that he is going to transfer to Iowa. He attended the World Cup with Lee this weekend...definitely being recruited.

Do you think it is a mistake for Iowa to be recruiting this kid, given his behavioral concerns? Should they treat him with kids gloves due to his alleged autism? How much different should the coaches handle or treat him due to his autism? Do you think it’s a good idea that they are pursuing this or do you think they are just asking for disaster?

I know Iowa is under a lot of pressure to compete with Penn State. I think they have a hole in the lineup and are willing to make some risky moves to do it. Honestly, Tom Brands is an asshole according to most of the people I know who know him, and the mutual family we know....I want iowa to have tough wrestlers, but not dirty ones. I want them to have people my son can look up to.....not a huge fan of this move if true.

Also, I don't buy the autistic argument. he's just a dick.

Buehler445 04-10-2018 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13510644)
hogs.....

The guy bitches at us from the pilots seat at every opportunity. Lean out further, get your ass cheek on the seat, don't let that slide handle break my damn windshield(because it happened a year earlier or something)...He's bitched so much I'm getting pissed off to the point of it ruining my trip. On the ride home he does some fancy Kiowa Pilot shit and we drop map of the earth in a creek bed and roar 16 miles to camp. I'm so pissed off I'm not enjoying it and I'm contemplating breaking his ****ing jaw when we land. I'm paying for this shit....

The last group goes up and returns soaked from the light rain, never having seen a pig......the pilot basically says "well it's raining....and might all day, I'm booked tomorrow so you might think about going home if you don't want to wait 2 days(with no lodging...and the promised camp chef that wasn't there and had not made the breakfast we had been promised)

We're still paying full price if we leave.....but getting half the air time. This guy is a dick.

Late afternoon the weather breaks. First group goes up....Its about my turn and I'm annoyed enough with this asshole that I don't even care to go up for my second trip...I offer it to the other 4 guys but they insist I go. Reluctantly I do...but if he acts like he did last time, I'm not responsible for my actions on the ground.....

We strap in, tether our weapon choices to our chest strap and lift off. After half an hour of nothing, we are hovering over ground that is the wrong color on the map. My brother sees a cluster of hogs below us and tells the pilot. He doesn't believe him because he didn't see them first.....they are there....we hover up and down to try to get them to flee across a river where we can shoot....pilot says they will never go. My brother grins and says "watch this" and starts waving his arms up and down....and the cluster breaks for the creek. We drop lower and watch them cross a shallow river...they're going to enter a large field where we can shoot.....50-60 pigs are entering an open field. This is what I thought it would be like.

We swoop in low behind them, we're instructed to start at the back and work forward with the group...which we already knew from years of deer hunting. My brother in the front, I in the rear seat and we begin to lay waste. The hogs split into 2 groups of 30 and we're on them. We're both firing essentially on the same pig, it rolls and then move up to the next. I turn a little up when I lean and I see a brass eject into the hood of my brother's pullover and it goes down his neck...It's funny but not funny.....He goes on a terror of 3 round bursts and rolls pig after pig before I can even shoot. When it's over we leave 18 on the ground in that field. The pilot, who has been a complete asshole the entire time begins to cheer and says "holy shit, you guys CAN shoot" and mentions using my brother's video as training for his future hunts.

The last group goes up again, never sees a pig. We all pay full price, they say it's too muddy to collect any meat and basically want us to leave.

It was fun but we went with the wrong outfit. My brother said the guy was an asshole because he was a warrant officer in the army too long.

You should have blasted him with some of your CP fire.

And videoed it.

I would pay money for that shit. :D

Iowanian 04-10-2018 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13510481)
Describe a time when you were irrationally angry about something fairly benign.

I love Iowanian stories:D

I will be away today but will circle back to this. I'm sure I've got a bucket full of stories where I was angry about stupid things.

Iowanian 04-10-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13510666)
You should have blasted him with some of your CP fire.

And videoed it.

I would pay money for that shit. :D

My brother and I were both wearing his go pro....After we got off the first round, I was telling my brother that if the guy got off the copter I might break his ****ing jaw. I was hot. My brother laughed and pointed up at his go pro and to mine(they were the companies and they use the footage to make a video).

I looked straight at the camera and left the asshole the very message you were looking for....he saw it for sure and so did his helper. It didn't make the final video however.

Buehler445 04-10-2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13510674)
My brother and I were both wearing his go pro....After we got off the first round, I was telling my brother that if the guy got off the copter I might break his ****ing jaw. I was hot. My brother laughed and pointed up at his go pro and to mine(they were the companies and they use the footage to make a video).

I looked straight at the camera and left the asshole the very message you were looking for....he saw it for sure and so did his helper. It didn't make the final video however.

ROFL

Well done, sir.

rico 04-10-2018 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13510658)
I know Iowa is under a lot of pressure to compete with Penn State. I think they have a hole in the lineup and are willing to make some risky moves to do it. Honestly, Tom Brands is an asshole according to most of the people I know who know him, and the mutual family we know....I want iowa to have tough wrestlers, but not dirty ones. I want them to have people my son can look up to.....not a huge fan of this move if true.

Also, I don't buy the autistic argument. he's just a dick.

I’ve kind of heard the same thing. Heard Terry is one of the coolest guys ever, but Tom is a dick.

DeSanto’s interviews are weird...I don’t know what to make of them. I know he had a terrible concussion that kept him out a month or two...I wonder if he has had issues with that.

KS Smitty 04-10-2018 04:58 PM

Have you ever eaten feral hog meat? I would think it would have a strong flavor.

Iowanian 04-10-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 13510693)
I’ve kind of heard the same thing. Heard Terry is one of the coolest guys ever, but Tom is a dick.

DeSanto’s interviews are weird...I don’t know what to make of them. I know he had a terrible concussion that kept him out a month or two...I wonder if he has had issues with that.

I have said this before, but I wrestled terry brands at a freestyle clinic when I was a sophomore Andy he was a national champ. Twice actually.

Iowanian 04-10-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 13511304)
Have you ever eaten feral hog meat? I would think it would have a strong flavor.

I have a couple of times. I shot one in Oklahoma a few years ago. I made a big batch of slow roaster pulled pork and it was good. We cooked another one in the ground whole and it was ok.

Buehler445 04-10-2018 07:01 PM

You live in corn country. What are your thoughts on GMO?

Iowanian 04-10-2018 07:35 PM

I don't consider myself an expert on the subject of GMO. I understand the need and value of disease and pest resistant corn at a time that more people need to be fed on less acreage. With the expense of crop inputs I inderstsnd why farmers will use the, to increase yields for a shit at making money. I understand the need for tougher stalks than handle storms wind and drought.

I also think sometimes the need for increased yield can come at a cost and that while I have no proof, I am open to the possibilities that there are unintended consequences. Simple examples are the corn stalks that are 7' spears. I've had more than one stalk bust through the dash of a ranger and nearly impale myself or a passenger. Last fall a guy riding with me was a couple of inches from having his ball sack kabobed. Looking at how fat Americans are getting it does make me question how much corn syrup is being ingested and if it has some contribution to rising cancer rates. Too much sugar isn't good for us.....as I swig a Mountain Dew.

I guess consider me a cautious supporter. I think the companies have an obligation to put safe products into the food resources......that don't kill my honey bees.

Buehler445 04-10-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13511461)
I don't consider myself an expert on the subject of GMO. I understand the need and value of disease and pest resistant corn at a time that more people need to be fed on less acreage. With the expense of crop inputs I inderstsnd why farmers will use the, to increase yields for a shit at making money. I understand the need for tougher stalks than handle storms wind and drought.

I also think sometimes the need for increased yield can come at a cost and that while I have no proof, I am open to the possibilities that there are unintended consequences. Simple examples are the corn stalks that are 7' spears. I've had more than one stalk bust through the dash of a ranger and nearly impale myself or a passenger. Last fall a guy riding with me was a couple of inches from having his ball sack kabobed. Looking at how fat Americans are getting it does make me question how much corn syrup is being ingested and if it has some contribution to rising cancer rates. Too much sugar isn't good for us.....as I swig a Mountain Dew.

I guess consider me a cautious supporter. I think the companies have an obligation to put safe products into the food resources......that don't kill my honey bees.

Good reasoned response.

I would think you would be all for most of it. I mean, the corn belt is not going to stop growing corn (as the guy in the wheat belt actively tries to grow less wheat), and without the BT gene your neighbors would be spraying thousands of tons of insecticide to kill root worm beetles. Shit is nasty - certainly worse than herbicide. Insects are a lot closer to human physiology than plants. Then there is runoff and all the nice stuff. And talk about killing your bees!

My plants come under far too much stress to ever be that tough of cornstalk, so I can’t really relate.

As far as the nutrition side I agree stuff needs to not be poisoned, but in terms of being fat, we are probably going to be fat whether it is off of imported cane sugar or corn syrup. And I’m certainly not an advocate of someone handling nutrition for me because I’m not disciplined enough to do it right.

I presume you know, but it isn’t GMOs that kill your bees. It is “supposedly” the insecticide in the seed treatment. Which I’ll buy.

ping2000 04-10-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 13509420)
She’s about a running backs size. I’d say 225. She is about my height, 5’10”

Double D’s bro

Chiefs just signed her.

Iowanian 04-12-2018 02:08 PM

One bump to notify the pending conclusion of the EyeowayneEan AMA.

Thank you to those who participated. If you take nothing else from the culmination of my 17 years of posting here; donate blood and become CPR certified if you are not. Doing one of those two things make the time I've wasted here telling dick jokes to you people worth it.