ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science RIP Stephen Hawking (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314406)

St. Patty's Fire 03-14-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13468506)
Carcosa is just trying to get under my skin by saying 600 instead of 6000, the actual age of the Earth. He thinks he's being funny. But he's just being stupid.

It truly is wondrous just how stupid the average human being is.

jjchieffan 03-14-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDONsey (Post 13468516)

Yep. And this site is loaded with a bunch of them. Garrett Bolles looks like a genius next to guys like you and Carcosa.

stumppy 03-14-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

I don think he get it

rabblerouser 03-14-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13467962)
Not to get this bounced to DC, but based on your position, every scientist prior to the rise of Christianity, and every non-Christian scientist, is "arrogant", which is ****ing stupid.

If that's what you get out of my post, more power to ya.

OmahaChief 03-14-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13468375)
yes, a black hole is not really a black hole. It does emit stuff.

It’s going to help us understand Dark Matter which we can’t see but know it exists.

And this is important why?

carcosa 03-14-2018 12:09 PM

Quote:

Carcosa is just trying to get under my skin by saying 600 instead of 6000, the actual age of the Earth. He thinks he's being funny. But he's just being stupid.

Actually I'm being funny and smart

carcosa 03-14-2018 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13468403)
What kind of dumb shit post is this?

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

It's a smart good post, idiot

kysirsoze 03-14-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 13468689)

Did you really come to Stephen Hawking's death thread for a lesson in astrophysics? Go read a book.

Ebolapox 03-14-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters (Post 13467876)
The singular great mind of our time. Who will replace him?

ed witten is twice the physicist that hawking was and he's still alive.

DaFace 03-14-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 13468713)
ed witten is twice the physicist that hawking was and he's still alive.

I'm certainly no authority on the most prominent physicists, but I have to imagine that there are quite a few guys out there doing really great work. Hawking was brilliant, but he gained a lot of celebrity due to his condition that elevated awareness of his work. Nothing wrong with that, but it's more an issue of who the next guy will be to really keep the public's imagination than who is actually making key discoveries.

kysirsoze 03-14-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13468740)
I'm certainly no authority on the most prominent physicists, but I have to imagine that there are quite a few guys out there doing really great work. Hawking was brilliant, but he gained a lot of celebrity due to his condition that elevated awareness of his work. Nothing wrong with that, but it's more an issue of who the next guy will be to really keep the public's imagination than who is actually making key discoveries.

Not saying he'll ever be the star the Hawking was, but Neil deGrasse Tyson is probably the best bet.

ptlyon 03-14-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13468740)

Al Gore of course

luv 03-14-2018 12:39 PM

Whenever a celebrity's RIP thread gets started, I don't think I've seen any "they didn't believe in God" or "so-and-so was better" type of posts. Typically, people post their RIPs, say what they liked about the person, and then go their merry way. I wonder what it is that makes people hate so much? It's like they have to bring him down a notch or make his life out to be less than it was. It's not just here, either. I've noticed a lot of this on social media.

kysirsoze 03-14-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13468754)
Whenever a celebrity's RIP thread gets started, I don't think I've seen any "they didn't believe in God" or "so-and-so was better" type of posts. Typically, people post their RIPs, say what they liked about the person, and then go their merry way. I wonder what it is that makes people hate so much? It's like they have to bring him down a notch or make his life out to be less than it was. It's not just here, either. I've noticed a lot of this on social media.

Because many people are insecure about their religious beliefs and intelligence. For someone like that, he threatened both.

Baby Lee 03-14-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

To be fair, how many celeb deaths have we gone through with vocal atheists or a life in the conversation regarding being a genius?

If we don't want criticism to come up in remembrance threads, we probably shouldn't invite sentiments that the deceased was superior to those of us remaining either.

And it's not like we haven't had vocal criticism in other spheres for the newly deceased. Billy Graham, Nancy Reagan, Margaret Thatcher spring immediately to mind.

BigRedChief 03-14-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

simple explanation:

68% of the universe is dark energy. Dark matter makes up about 27%. The rest - everything on Earth, everything ever observed with all of our instruments, all normal matter - adds up to less than 5% of the universe.

Amnorix 03-14-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

It's not. The sun and all the stars rotate around the Earth, and scientific knowledge is useless to mankind.

Now go back to your sports and beer and forget about the rest. We'll take care of it.

:shake:

Beef Supreme 03-14-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13468784)
simple explanation:

68% of the universe is dark energy. Dark matter makes up about 27%. The rest - everything on Earth, everything ever observed with all of our instruments, all normal matter - adds up to less than 5% of the universe.

To be fair, that didn't say dick about the importance of it.

DaFace 03-14-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 13468746)
Not saying he'll ever be the star the Hawking was, but Neil deGrasse Tyson is probably the best bet.

As a communicator? Sure. He's not doing much groundbreaking research these days though, as far as I know.

Michio Kaku's a nice blend of both researcher and communicator.

DaFace 03-14-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

If a requirement to investigate our world was that the results of that investigation must have a directly-applicable purpose, we'd still be in the stone age.

Scientists figure shit out. It's the engineers' jobs to figure out what to do with it.

ptlyon 03-14-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 13468789)

Without it we would DIE

kysirsoze 03-14-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13468790)
As a communicator? Sure. He's not doing much groundbreaking research these days though, as far as I know.

Michio Kaku's a nice blend of both researcher and communicator.

That's true. Tyson is more Carl Sagan than Stephen Hawking.

BigRedChief 03-14-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 13468789)

you want to write a dissertation on a football BB?

If you dont get why thats important, then you should just move on to something simpler you might understand and enjoy, like a nice set of boobs.

Eleazar 03-14-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Whenever a celebrity's RIP thread gets started, I don't think I've seen any "they didn't believe in God" or "so-and-so was better" type of posts. Typically, people post their RIPs, say what they liked about the person, and then go their merry way.

You must be new here.

Eleazar 03-14-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13468768)
To be fair, how many celeb deaths have we gone through with vocal atheists or a life in the conversation regarding being a genius?

If we don't want criticism to come up in remembrance threads, we probably shouldn't invite sentiments that the deceased was superior to those of us remaining either.

And it's not like we haven't had vocal criticism in other spheres for the newly deceased. Billy Graham, Nancy Reagan, Margaret Thatcher spring immediately to mind.

Billy Graham (and his death thread) haven't been in the ground yet for 3 weeks, and nobody remembers the planet dumping on him?

We should expect less when a rough equivalent humanist dies, but really, did anyone expect anything less?

I'm not sure if anyone could be named who CP wouldn't trash in their death thread. There's probably no one with any sort of notoriety that wouldn't get trashed here by a determined few.

ptlyon 03-14-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13468833)
I'm not sure if anyone could be named who CP wouldn't trash in their death thread. There's probably no one with any sort of notoriety that wouldn't get trashed here by a determined few.

Len Dawson, Randolph Scott

Rain Man 03-14-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 13468836)

Joe Delaney tends to get a pass, too.

Eleazar 03-14-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13468784)
simple explanation:

Astrophysics, just another topic on which BRC is the planet's foremost expert.

Gentlemen, I defy you, is there anything he can't do? What did we lowly chiefs fans do to deserve a modern incarnation of Einstein, Bohr, Plato, Aristotle, James Bond, Ron Jeremy and Steve McQueen all together walking among us?

Baby Lee 03-14-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Who? /CP

Eleazar 03-14-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Ok, someone not affiliated with the Chiefs.

(And even then, it seems like the odds are against you)

OmahaChief 03-14-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13468787)
It's not. The sun and all the stars rotate around the Earth, and scientific knowledge is useless to mankind.

Now go back to your sports and beer and forget about the rest. We'll take care of it.

:shake:

I prefer Bourbon.

Graystoke 03-14-2018 01:27 PM

Loved him in Family Guy.

RIP

Beef Supreme 03-14-2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13468824)

If you dont get why thats important, then you should just move on to something simpler you might understand and enjoy, like a nice set of boobs.

I didn't ask the initial question, and I don't want your dissertation. I just pointed out that you answered a question about why something was important with some shit that didn't say anything about its importance.

If you don't get that, then you should just move on to something simpler you might understand and enjoy, like a butt plug.

Rain Man 03-14-2018 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13468824)

I'm interested in physics, but I also like the other topic.

tatorhog 03-14-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Ah, see I was going to totally different route with it, and assuming Hawking had worked some non-linear time scale...so him saying a year might not be what we see as a year and in turn was taken out of context. Nevermind, I put too much into the original comment.

BigRedChief 03-14-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13468850)
Astrophysics, just another topic on which BRC is the planet's foremost expert.

Gentlemen, I defy you, is there anything he can't do? What did we lowly chiefs fans do to deserve a modern incarnation of Einstein, Bohr, Plato, Aristotle, James Bond, Ron Jeremy and Steve McQueen all together walking among us?

Are you really that stupid? Or you are just bringing your emotional jealousy into a RIP thread?

I'm always been into science and space. Been posting on this site and those threads for over a decade at least. I'm just trying to have a basic understanding of this complicated subject because my son is getting his doctorate in Astrophysics.

It was a cut and paste from the NASA website. They could explain it better than me. However, anyone who has taken a class in High school would know this basic information. So for you to assert this is some kind of bragger thing exposes you bringing your personal bias BS into a RIP thread.

BigRedChief 03-14-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13468880)
I'm interested in physics, but I also like the other topic.

I majored in boobs and beer in college.

BigRedChief 03-14-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 13468814)

Tyson has done more to promote learning of science, the pursuit of science than anyone else in the scientific community.

He is a "real" scientist but his "real" value is as a scientific communicator to the non-science person. Cosmos is coming back for a 2nd season. Science and astrophysics on national TV prime time. Without him, that never happens.

He is leaving a helluva legacy even if its not because of his personal scientific discoveries.

BigRedChief 03-14-2018 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 13467786)
I'd hoped that he'd share how he survived ALS for 55 years before he went.

l was curious too. I googled and found this USA Today article. Spoiler alert, they don’t know but maybe something to do with being diagnosed at 21 instead of 40-70 like most people.

We have found that the survival in younger patients is strikingly better and is measured in many years — in some cases more than 10," said King's College clinical neurology professor Nigel Leigh in the article. "Among people in their 50s and 60s, there is a 50% chance of surviving four years or so. It is a different beast if you start young, oddly, and no one knows why."
Pam Shaw, a professor of neurology at England's University of Sheffield, told the journal she, too, wasn't sure why Hawking survived so long.

"The older you are the quicker the disease course tends to be, but we don't really have a handle on why some people survive for longer periods than others. I wish we did," she said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...als/423313002/

Mennonite 03-14-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

RANDOLPH SCOTT!

/stands, places hat over heart

ohiobronco2 03-14-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 13467709)
Sad to see this.

ALS took my Grandpa three weeks ago. He loved reading Hawking's books and passed that love on to me. He was the best man I'll ever know.

**** that disease.

My dad passed from ALS in January. ALS is a mother ****er.

cooper barrett 03-14-2018 05:07 PM

When Lenny croaks, hopefully many years from now, we can have a discussion if he really has skeletons in the closet.

BucEyedPea 03-14-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13468076)
He is universally viewed as the smartest person that lived in our lifetimes. Intellect that impacted human history. Maybe you shouldn't be so dismissive of his beliefs?

No he's not.

eDave 03-14-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13469674)
No he's not.

He's no Donald Trump. That's for sure.

BucEyedPea 03-14-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13469677)
He's no Donald Trump. That's for sure.

Well even Hawking called that "rubbish."

Please keep the politics in DC, Mr. eDave.

Rain Man 03-14-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

No he's not.

Thank you. I appreciate your support.

WhiteWhale 03-14-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13467844)
Yet, rejected God.

Strange person.

Cue the Curly Bill .gif...

Yeah I know.

He never wrote ONE book about sasquatch either.

WhiteWhale 03-14-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13467856)
He was arrogant.

People who think they're intelligent, but don't believe in God, yet want to know the "secrets of the universe" are simply arrogant.

Who's god? The christian god? YOUR god? Why not Allah? Why not Thor?

Hawking took shits smarter than you, so try not to throw too much shade around.

Quote:

Not trying to speak ill of the dead, I know a lot of you respected him, and I'm not trying to slight his accomolishments or how he adapted to his condition, but it's not like he had some intuitive understanding of the universe - it was forced. Stilted.

Wrong, at least for me. If it works for you, more power to you.

Have you read any of his material? Ever? I kinda doubt it. I kinda imagine you don't know anything about him other than "He doesn't believe in my personal idea of god! What an eeeejit!"

Vapid.

WhiteWhale 03-14-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 13468814)

Tyson likes to imagine himself as some combination of Sagan, Einstein, and Yoda.

I find him pretty obnoxious actually.

WhiteWhale 03-14-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Yeah, and the terrifying thing is that HALF of the people are even dumber than that.

Beef Supreme 03-14-2018 08:29 PM

Hawking wasn't even viewed by his peers as the smartest person in our lifetime. Look into it. He was smart, no denying it. But he was also a great media poster boy for science. Just because the press heralded him as the smartest guy in the world, it didn't make it so. Many in his field would, and have, said as much.

He was dealt a crappy hand in life and he didn't let it stop him. Rest in peace and all that, but let's not deify him just yet.

BigRedChief 03-14-2018 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 (Post 13469216)
My dad passed from ALS in January. ALS is a mother ****er.

sorry man. That’s no way to go out.:shake:

cooper barrett 03-14-2018 09:05 PM

You must remember this wabblrwouser's not in the same universe we are, an intelligent thought is outside his grasp.

http://big5kayakchallenge.com/wp-con...purge-meme.jpg

Quote:

He was arrogant.

People who think they're intelligent, but don't believe in God, yet want to know the "secrets of the universe" are simply arrogant.

Not trying to speak ill of the dead, I know a lot of you respected him, and I'm not trying to slight his accomolishments or how he adapted to his condition, but it's not like he had some intuitive understanding of the universe - it was forced. Stilted.

Wrong, at least for me. If it works for you, more power to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13469772)
Who's god? The christian god? YOUR god? Why not Allah? Why not Thor?

Hawking took shits smarter than you, so try not to throw too much shade around.

Have you read any of his material? Ever? I kinda doubt it. I kinda imagine you don't know anything about him other than "He doesn't believe in my personal idea of god! What an eeeejit!"

Vapid.

BigRedChief 03-14-2018 09:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

No he's not.

:harumph:

BigRedChief 03-16-2018 01:24 AM

Why was this controversial?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rest in peace Dr. Hawking. Now you&#39;re free of any physical constraints.. Your brilliance and wisdom will be cherished forever ✨ <a href="https://t.co/EQzSxqNTuN">pic.twitter.com/EQzSxqNTuN</a></p>&mdash; Gal Gadot (@GalGadot) <a href="https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/973919102174711809?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 14, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Iowanian 03-16-2018 09:44 AM

"There is no God"
-Stephen Hawking 2011

"There is no Stephen Hawking"
-God 2018

*stolen material

Frazod 03-16-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13472311)
Why was this controversial?

Because people are hypersensitive ****ing idiots.

Spott 03-16-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13473104)
Because people are hypersensitive ****ing idiots.

That is pretty damn stupid. People offended by that comment need to drink antifreeze.

carcosa 03-16-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13473120)
That is pretty damn stupid. People offended by that comment need to drink antifreeze.

You don't see how it might be offensive to disabled people to describe their deaths as "freedom"?

I know she meant well, but her comment betrays a pretty backwards understanding of disability.

Baby Lee 03-16-2018 01:44 PM

Yeah, not sure how hypersensitive is an objectively inferior form of sensitive.

cooper barrett 03-16-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13473120)

I suggest Toyota's It's cherry flavored.

jjchieffan 03-16-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13472667)
"There is no God"
-Stephen Hawking 2011

-God 2018

*stolen material

Haha! Rep coming your way.

cooper barrett 03-16-2018 04:47 PM

:D:D:DI am interested to know what will happen to his wheel chair:D:D:D

DaFace 03-16-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13473510)
:D:D:DI am interested to know what will happen to his wheel chair:D:D:D

Not sure what the smileys are all about, but I'd guess it'll end up in the possession of a museum at some point.

cooper barrett 03-16-2018 06:49 PM

It would be the one thing I would not want to be remembered as... but they will do just that...

Where is FDR's chair?

BigRedChief 03-16-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13473688)
It would be the one thing I would not want to be remembered as... but they will do just that...

Where is FDR's chair?

It’s at the FDR presidential library and museum.

Chiefshrink 03-16-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13472667)
"There is no God"
-Stephen Hawking 2011

-God 2018

*stolen material

Oh there is a Stephen Hawking alright, he is just not resting in peace assuming here of course he rejected Jesus as Lord and Savior even on his death bed.

Romans 1:19-25

19 They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. 20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. 23 And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. 25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen.

https://www.ccel.org/ccel/hodge/theology1.iv.i.i.html

Iowanian 03-16-2018 08:39 PM

In my defense I was passing on a joke, not making sure hades is handicap accessible.

Fish 03-16-2018 08:41 PM

:facepalm:

Chiefs4TheWin 03-16-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13473838)
:facepalm:

Yep.

Perineum Ripper 03-16-2018 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13473775)
Oh there is a Stephen Hawking alright, he is just not resting in peace assuming here of course he rejected Jesus as Lord and Savior even on his death bed.

19 They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. 20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. 23 And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. 25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen.

Take this make believe bullshit to DC

cooper barrett 03-16-2018 10:56 PM

I knew of the statue of him sitting in a wheel chair at his memorial, wasn't sure where the chair was. It isn't something that comes up in conversation on a daily basis.

Once again,, a man who never really wanted to be seen in a wheel chair having a bronze statue of him in a wheelchair funded by disabled people on public display. Something tells me that he might disapprove.

These idiots can have a debate if they are in heaven or hell watching what's happening. Hawkin's would tell you; Just moving from one form of matter to the next.

At least no one here is saying he will be reincarnated as the dog of a poor man because he believed in science.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13473763)
It’s at the FDR presidential library and museum.

Pitt Gorilla 03-16-2018 11:00 PM

Quote:

FFS.

FlintHillsChiefs 03-16-2018 11:27 PM

Quote:

You're a real piece of work. Funny thing is, if there is a Christian God, you're burning in hell.

Pablo 03-17-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs (Post 13474333)
You're a real piece of work. Funny thing is, if there is a Christian God, you're burning in hell.

Oh, there is. And he snapped his fingers and the Earth popped out about 600 years ago. Read a book or something man.

Perineum Ripper 03-17-2018 03:36 PM

Chiefshirink don’t send me a rep message telling me I believe matter came out of nothing and to think about it and then think about what make believe is. You have no ****ing clue what I believe or think.

I do know some make believe deity that came from nothing made something from nothing. Throughout history there have been 100’s of gods and goddesses. They have all been proved to be bullshit, so what makes you really think the religion you have chosen is the one who has the real god after all others have been proven fake

DaFace 03-17-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 13475182)
Chiefshirink don’t send me a rep message telling me I believe matter came out of nothing and to think about it and then think about what make believe is. You have no ****ing clue what I believe or think.

I do know some make believe deity that came from nothing made something from nothing. Throughout history there have been 100’s of gods and goddesses. They have all been proved to be bullshit, so what makes you really think the religion you have chosen is the one who has the real god after all others have been proven fake

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GVJgmp2Tc2s?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

carcosa 03-17-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

lol shut the **** up

Fish 03-17-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 13475182)

Did you get the trusty ol' threat of Pascal's Wager too? Hawking's death is really bringing out the insecurity in some of these knuckleheads....

Perineum Ripper 03-17-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13475526)
Did you get the trusty ol' threat of Pascal's Wager too? Hawking's death is really bringing out the insecurity in some of these knuckleheads....

It was something about “physical matter created the world and humans out of nothing.” Telling me to think about that and then ask myself what is make believe.

I don’t really give a shit if people are religious. My kids and parents all believe in god. I just don’t. But whenever you stand over a dead person thumping your Bible about him going to an eternal hell because he didn’t believe, that’s when it becomes nothing but bullshit. Stand there high and mighty because you believe in some made up god and then pound your chest that you are saved and other people are damned, that is a ****ing joke.