ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars Rogue One Spoiler Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=298696)

DaneMcCloud 04-17-2016 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12183534)
Don't know if this is the spot to put it, but oh well.

So, we know Snoke saw the rise and fall of the Empire.

That would be cool, for sure

Buehler445 04-17-2016 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12183545)
Bloodline is fantastic, and the 2nd season drops in about a month.

Ok so what's bloodline about?

I seemed to be confusing it with the Clooney movie so I've paid it no mind.

Anyong Bluth 04-18-2016 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12183606)
Ok so what's bloodline about?

I seemed to be confusing it with the Clooney movie so I've paid it no mind.

Netflix original series.

Ben is the oldest son and black sheep and returns to home...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tRnS8FkcXNk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyong Bluth 04-18-2016 07:23 AM

Oh and I'd strongly recommend you don't watch the trailer for Season 2 if you haven't seen Season 1.

Buehler445 04-18-2016 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12183734)
Netflix original series.

Ben is the oldest son and black sheep and returns to home...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tRnS8FkcXNk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh, I'm definitely checking this shit out. This looks really good.

Thanks!

DaneMcCloud 04-18-2016 10:55 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgBa2yYUYAA_sAi.jpg:large

DaneMcCloud 04-27-2016 03:05 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/SWHolo_Net">@SWHolo_Net</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/TAnders843">@TAnders843</a> Snoke is not in Rogue One. Like, in any way, shape or form. This is a standalone movie.</p>&mdash; Pablo Hidalgo (@pablohidalgo) <a href="https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/723621794071085056">April 22, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud 04-28-2016 11:01 AM

Mads Mikkelson confirmed to Sky News UK that he's playing Jyn Erso's father, Galen. The video has since been deleted.

Speaking to Sky News Rogue One: A Star Wars Story actor Mads Mikkelsen said very little about his role in the film, but did tease that he is indeed playing Jyn Erso’s father as Jason reported earlier. Here is our earlier spoiler report on Mikkelsen’s role in the film with more detail. Check out the video to hear that he has to say about Rogue One as well as Doctor Strange and his recent award win.
-------

Also, Galen Erso helped the Empire with Death Star design problems.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story: A Father, a Daughter, and the Destroyer of Worlds!

There’s a really interesting rumor that is unverified but we’ve heard it multiple times, so it feels like now is the time to report it as it could be good info on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. If this pans out, it would be considered spoilers. I do believe this information to be accurate. You can consider this your spoiler warning in case that’s not clear.

Mads Mikkelsen (Galen appears to be his name in the film) is kind of the key to the film in a way. He is a scientist that took over the Geonosian Death Star project. He solved several of the flaws the Empire could not and is sort of a revered person in the Empire for his contributions. However, Mikkelsen’s character is a Robert Oppenheimer-type character. Oppenheimer helped design the atomic bomb only to say, “Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.” The guilt “Galen” feels for his contributions to the Empire become too much and he defects, attempting to make things right. In order to do this, he enlists the help of his only daughter….

Felicity Jones’ character has to undo the devastation her family has unleashed onto the galaxy. Early versions of this character had her as a bounty hunter type of mercenary. But with the familial connections it appears as if this idea might not interface with the final stuff for the character so I’m hesitant to say she’s a bounty hunter/mercenary type in the final iterations of the film. I believe she is probably a scientist-type herself in character of the mission to get the plans, aided by bounty hunters, in this final iteration.

DaneMcCloud 04-29-2016 01:02 PM

Serious Spoiler Info

Yesterday Mads Mikkelsen spilled the beans on who he’s playing in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and today, speaking to UK magazine Standard Online, Mikkelsen has given even more details about not only his role in the film, but some iconic characters that we might see.

When asked if Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) or members of the original trilogy had joined the cast on set, he told Standard Online: “Some of them – but I would reveal too much. There are iconic characters in our film and also characters you have never heard of. It’s a mix.”

We’ve already filled you in on rumors that Darth Vader and Grand Moff Tarkin might appear in the film, but who knows which characters Mikkelsen is referring to. Further in the interview with Standard, Mikkelsen admits that he hadn’t seen Star Wars before filming Rogue One, but if I had to bet on which iconic character he could recognize on set anyway, well I’d put money on Darth Vader.

Mikkelsen goes on to give some details about his role and Jyn’s past:

The Hannibal actor – who recently revealed he is playing the father of Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones) – said the Gareth Edwards directed film will also feature flash backs to Jyn’s childhood. “I spend a lot of time with [Jones] and she’s a wonderful actress. I play her dad at the time of Felicity and I play her dad when she’s younger, so we jump back and forth in time.”

I’m pleased to hear we’ll possibly get a little insight in to Jyn and Mikkelsen’s character’s relationship. It sounds like his part is mostly with her and I look forward to learning what put Jyn on her own at age 15. I have a feeling this will explain an older story about Mikkelsen walking in something akin to a field:

Mikkelsen wears earth tones in terms of his costume. There’s a shot of him in an impressive golden colored field.

We originally heard that Mikkelsen was playing Jyn’s father and he was a key designer in the Death Star project. In the trailer we learned conclusively that Jyn has been alone and on her own since she was fifteen.

DaneMcCloud 05-05-2016 01:05 PM

This is definitely a huge spoiler and way cool

This week, after meeting with sources we have been able to verify that the Darth Vader we saw from the photoshoot is from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. I wanted to make sure this wasn’t Darth Vader for a television ad or some kind of promotion. We have been covering rumors of Darth Vader in this film for some time, but I try not to jump too far into things until I see proof, which we now have. We first heard Brian Muir (original Darth Vader costumer sculptor) was working on Rogue One back in November. Just after Christmas we heard a “dream team” had been assembled for Darth Vader in Rogue One with James Earl Jones being a lock for the voice. It was all sounding very possible but without seeing him and being able to verify that other people have seen these photos working on things associated with Star Wars, it was still open to other possibilities. We had it confirmed via three sources the we did see the Darth Vader from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

The costume is the A New Hope costume down to the fine details. The upper armor has the tunic going over the top of the shoulders, just as it did in Episode IV. The belt buckle is the same. The inside of the cape is that shiny type of material. The gloves are identical and not like the ones in the following films. The lights on the belt are the same. The chest piece’s lights match perfectly. The mask is not like the symmetrical Revenge of the Sith mask, it appears to look just like the original did. The neck of the mask and the widow’s peak are all there. The lenses have that amber look to them.

The actor in the suit is a slam dunk too. The rumor is that it is Spencer Wilding in the suit. Whoever is in the suit, they found the right person. If it weren’t for the materials I saw looking so new, I would have believed it was a photo from A New Hope. I find it to be virtually indistinguishable from the original. They nailed it. In the photos you cannot tell the difference between this guy and the Bob Anderson/David Prowse Darth Vader from the Original Trilogy.

One source is certain that the blue tank we see in the teaser has Darth Vader inside it. This person has a lot of material associated with the production. They believe a sequence was filmed in which Darth Vader get his limbs interchanged and repaired in the movie. If accurate, it would explain some in-universe discrepancies around Darth Vader’s abilities in the 1977 film compared to the rest of the stories we’ve seen from Vader’s appearances in Star Wars Rebels to the work Bob Anderson did to make Vader a swordsmen. Originally David Prowse who played Vader in the 1977 film lied about being able to sword fight, leaving George Lucas with a Darth Vader that couldn’t really do much with a lightsaber. So the new limbs and limb loss he supposedly suffers in Rogue One makes me ponder if that’s why Darth Vader is so tight when fighting Obi-Wan Kenobi a short time later. Was he not used to the new limbs? Does he lose them because of Jyn and her band of rebels or is that the reason Jyn and her rebels are able to succeed?

The rumor is that the Rogue One production also recreated Darth Vader’s meditation chamber from The Empire Strikes Back. The question is do we see the face of Anakin Skywalker in the regenerative tank glimpsed in the teaser or in the mediation chamber? There were rumors that Hayden Christensen was training with Star Wars people but we were never able to place him at the location.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-05-2016 01:10 PM

Ho-

lee-

shite.

WOW.

BleedingRed 05-05-2016 01:19 PM

looks good

DanBecky 05-05-2016 08:47 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alden Ehrenreich has landed the role of Han Solo, may appear in Rogue One. <a href="https://t.co/Xay5lcFDdu">pic.twitter.com/Xay5lcFDdu</a></p>&mdash; Ross Dillon! (@HypnoRoss) <a href="https://twitter.com/HypnoRoss/status/728412871592382464">May 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud 05-05-2016 08:49 PM

That's been the rumor for several weeks.

I've never see his work.

007 05-05-2016 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBecky (Post 12218289)
<iframe title="Twitter Tweet" data-tweet-id="728412871592382464" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 429.1px; padding: 0px; border: medium none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

blew it with the jawline<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Sorter 05-05-2016 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBecky (Post 12218289)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alden Ehrenreich has landed the role of Han Solo, may appear in Rogue One. <a href="https://t.co/Xay5lcFDdu">pic.twitter.com/Xay5lcFDdu</a></p>&mdash; Ross Dillon! (@HypnoRoss) <a href="https://twitter.com/HypnoRoss/status/728412871592382464">May 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Han's jaw:
http://www.entrepreneurmomnow.com/wp...-Triangle2.jpg

Alden's jaw:
http://mariknits.com/wp-content/uplo...le-300x119.jpg

Sorter 05-05-2016 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12218291)
blew it with the jawline<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

God ****ing dammit.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 05-05-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12218291)
blew it with the jawline

Here is the deal: Unlike Warner's casting Brandon Routh because he "looked like" Christopher Reeve, Disney, Kathleen Kennedy, Phil Lord and Chris Miller wanted the best ACTOR.

River Phoenix looked nothing like a young Harrison Ford in "The Last Crudade" but everyone bought it because he was awesome.

Choosing the best actor is always the best strategy.

Deberg_1990 05-05-2016 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12218297)
Here is the deal: Unlike Warner's casting Brandon Routh because he "looked like" Christopher Reeve, Disney, Kathleen Kennedy, Phil Lord and Chris Miller wanted the best ACTOR.

River Phoenix looked nothing like a young Harrison Ford in "The Last Crudade" but everyone bought it because he was awesome.

Chris Pine doesnt much look like Shatner.

But he nails his attitude, tone and charisma.

Your right, its not always about nailing the exact look.

Sorter 05-05-2016 08:58 PM

Quote:

I understand.

But if there isn't an actor on the planet that has talent and resembles Harrison Ford, then maybe it's the universe telling you to not ****ing include that character until you can find someone to do him justice.

DaneMcCloud 05-05-2016 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 12218303)
I understand.

But if there isn't an actor on the planet that has talent and resembles Harrison Ford, then maybe it's the universe telling you to not ****ing include that character until you can find someone to do him justice.

My heart of hearts says that I couldn't agree more.

But the Star Wars fan in me has hope. Ewan McGregor was, IMO, amazing.

If this guy is even 60% as good, it'll be fun.

But sheesh, talk about one of the toughest gigs in the world.

007 05-06-2016 05:21 AM

Quote:

River Phoenix had the jawline and was able to sell the indy mannerisms.

Its not that I don't agree with you, acting ability is more important than looks but the guy doesn't even look one bit like Harrison other than hair color. I just can't believe they couldn't get a little bit closer.

Fire Me Boy! 05-06-2016 06:21 AM

You guys understand Han Solo isn't a real person? He's a character. Actors play characters.

Daniel Craig doesn't look anything like Sean Connery, and he did pretty OK with Bond.

Heath Ledger didn't look anything like Cesar Romero and did a pretty good job with The Joker.

Aaron Eckhart doesn't look even remotely close to Billy Dee Williams and did just fine as Harvey Dent.

Don Cheadle doesn't look like Terrence Howard, but he is fully capable as Rhodes.

George Clooney doesn't look a thing like Michael Keaton, but as Batman he... well, OK, bad example.

007 05-06-2016 08:01 AM

Daniel Craig is the only one I'll give you from that list. The rest were all plug and play. Craig was a complete departure that worked surprisingly well.

Fire Me Boy! 05-06-2016 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12218713)
Daniel Craig is the only one I'll give you from that list. The rest were all plug and play. Craig was a complete departure that worked surprisingly well.

Ledger was a wildly different Joker than Romero or Nicholson, so if you're using that as the basis, he should be in your list, too.

unlurking 05-06-2016 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12218717)
Ledger was a wildly different Joker than Romero or Nicholson, so if you're using that as the basis, he should be in your list, too.

Unless you're discounting Romero and Nicholson Joker characters as being worthy of guiding the traits of the next character version. Ledger's character was so much better than Nicholson's. Not because Ledger is the better actor, but because the character was written and developed better. Too much Tim Burton for me. Like the part was written for Johnny Depp. So unless you're making a list of actors who played a good character following actors who played a shitty character, Ledger does not make the list.

As well, Connery/Craig shouldn't make this list either. That is like expecting every Dr. Who to be the same after you've seen 10 of them. We know the actor changes. It's part of that universe. Unless you want to change the pairing to Moore / Lazenby and Connery? At that time, people probably were not yet used to the frequent recasting. I liked Moore, but he's not Connery. I don't think I want the summation to be "Ehrenreich was OK, but he's no Harrison Ford."

I think the thing is, we want Han Solo. Not a reimagining of Han Solo. Not a new interpretation.

007 05-06-2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12218717)

Agree to disagree on that particular character. When you compare to the comics and some cartoon series, he was much like those and not a huge departure.

Fire Me Boy! 05-06-2016 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12218808)
Agree to disagree on that particular character. When you compare to the comics and some cartoon series, he was much like those and not a huge departure.

In comparison to what we've seen on the silver screen, he was.

DaneMcCloud 05-06-2016 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 12218758)

I think the thing is, we want Han Solo. Not a reimagining of Han Solo. Not a new interpretation.

If that's the Standard, I highly doubt that it will be met.

Han Solo was as much Harrison Ford as the lines written for him by Lucas and Kasdan. Harrison Ford is also the biggest movie star of all time according to box office gross. You can't just find a "clone" and roll.

I'm more than willing to wait to pass judgment on this decision, as I know it was made carefully and with a ton of input.

If he didn't blow way Kennedy, Miller, Lord and Kasdan, he wouldn't have the gig.

keg in kc 05-06-2016 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12218290)
That's been the rumor for several weeks.

I've never see his work.

He was - literally - the only good part of hail caesar. And he was really, really good. I was hoping he would get it.

DaneMcCloud 05-06-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12218969)
He was - literally - the only good part of hail caesar. And he was really, really good. I was hoping he would get it.

That's what I'd heard from other actors and producers at a Super Bowl party I attended but I've never seen him or the film.

The kid must have something, however. He was noticed by Steven Spielberg at a Bar Mitzvah and was cast in a film shortly thereafter.

Spielberg's not usually one to miss.

unlurking 05-06-2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12218830)
If that's the Standard, I highly doubt that it will be met.

Han Solo was as much Harrison Ford as the lines written for him by Lucas and Kasdan. Harrison Ford is also the biggest movie star of all time according to box office gross. You can't just find a "clone" and roll.

I'm more than willing to wait to pass judgment on this decision, as I know it was made carefully and with a ton of input.

If he didn't blow way Kennedy, Miller, Lord and Kasdan, he wouldn't have the gig.

Pretty much agree. Will wait to see the final result, but I'm not holding out hope. Would much rather see some more Obi-Wan. Ewan McGregor did an incredible job making me believe he was a young Obi. That's what I want from a Han Solo movie. If they can't do that, I'm not interested.

There are great new characters in the Star Wars universe I'd love to see more of. No reason to try to sell us on a rehashed version of Han Solo.

DaneMcCloud 05-06-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 12219029)
Pretty much agree. Will wait to see the final result, but I'm not holding out hope. Would much rather see some more Obi-Wan. Ewan McGregor did an incredible job making me believe he was a young Obi. That's what I want from a Han Solo movie. If they can't do that, I'm not interested.

There are great new characters in the Star Wars universe I'd love to see more of. No reason to try to sell us on a rehashed version of Han Solo.

Yeah, I don't get the Obi Wan thing. As I had mentioned in the past, I heard in 2012 that he was definitely getting his own trilogy and that McGregor was all in . Recently, he's stated that he's still all in but hasn't heard from Disney.

I'm not sure if it's because they're busy launching other projects, like Rogue One, Boba Fett and Han Solo, but I would think that at some point, an Obi Wan movie, if not trilogy, would be on the slate.

unlurking 05-06-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12219051)
Yeah, I don't get the Obi Wan thing. As I had mentioned in the past, I heard in 2012 that he was definitely getting his own trilogy and that McGregor was all in . Recently, he's stated that he's still all in but hasn't heard from Disney.

I'm not sure if it's because they're busy launching other projects, like Rogue One, Boba Fett and Han Solo, but I would think that at some point, an Obi Wan movie, if not trilogy, would be on the slate.

Would love this. Many of the storylines during TCW were fantastic. Would love to see a live action story arc from this time period. Would also like to see some Kanaan and Hera stories. Now Boba Fett I would love to see reimagined. Would be great to see a movie with his crew (including Ventress). Could even throw in an Obi-Wan appearance. Or maybe some Hando?

DaneMcCloud 05-06-2016 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 12219090)
Would love this. Many of the storylines during TCW were fantastic. Would love to see a live action story arc from this time period. Would also like to see some Kanaan and Hera stories. Now Boba Fett I would love to see reimagined. Would be great to see a movie with his crew (including Ventress). Could even throw in an Obi-Wan appearance. Or maybe some Hando?

Well, the thing is that there is a treasure trove of adventurous possibilities for Obi Wan between ROTS and ANH.

Owen Lars said in ANH, "I don't think he exists any more. He died about the same time as your father." So from his "point of view", the last time he saw Obi Wan was when he dropped off Luke as an infant.

We're led to believe that Obi Wan was there to protect and oversee Luke but that doesn't mean that he spent every minute of the next 19 years on Tatooine. Anakin/Darth Vader obviously has no idea that his son is hidden on Tatooine or that his daughter is hidden on Alderaan, so it really opens a window into all kinds of possibilities.

Plus, the way it's portrayed in Rebels, Yoda has a connection through the Force with Force users like Ahsoka, Kanan and Ezra, and he definitely is aware of Luke, so it really begs the question of why did Obi Wan need to spend 19 years on Tatooine?

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2016 10:40 AM

http://i0.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/...NE-.jpg?w=1000

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2016 10:40 AM

Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones)

http://i2.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/...zoom.jpg?w=333

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2016 10:41 AM

Director Krennic (Ben Mendelsohn)

http://i2.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/...sohn.jpg?w=548

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2016 10:42 AM

Captain Cassian Andor (Diego Luna)

http://i1.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/...7185.jpg?w=293

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2016 10:43 AM

Baze (Jiang Wen)

http://i1.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/..._1_b.jpg?w=600

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2016 10:44 AM

Bodhi Rook (Riz Ahmed)

http://i1.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/...odhi.jpg?w=247

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2016 10:44 AM

Chirrut (Donnie Yen)

http://i0.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/...ne06.jpg?w=528

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2016 10:45 AM

http://i0.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/...fit=1000%2C656

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2016 10:46 AM

K-250 the Enforcer Droid (Alan Tudyk)

http://i2.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/...it=7200%2C4725

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2016 10:47 AM

http://i2.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/...?fit=800%2C525

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2016 10:47 AM

http://i0.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/...fit=1000%2C656

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2016 10:48 AM

And this is the biggie, Peeps...

http://i0.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/...it=7200%2C4725

DaneMcCloud 05-17-2016 10:49 AM

http://i2.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/...fit=1000%2C656

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-17-2016 06:27 PM

Dane with the premium content at no additional charge!

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-17-2016 06:28 PM

I like the new star fighter.

Jamie 05-17-2016 11:34 PM

It just looks like a stretched out Snowspeeder with X-Wing engines stuck on the back to me. And what are the tines sticking out the front supposed to be do? I feel like something that's missing from the newer designs like this and Kylo Ren's shuttle is implied functionality. The OT ship designs were idiosyncratic, but still managed to stay grounded.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-18-2016 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 12235901)
It just looks like a stretched out Snowspeeder with X-Wing engines stuck on the back to me. And what are the tines sticking out the front supposed to be do? I feel like something that's missing from the newer designs like this and Kylo Ren's shuttle is implied functionality. The OT ship designs were idiosyncratic, but still managed to stay grounded.

Yes, it looks like a rag tag group of rebels putting parts together to make craft.

DaneMcCloud 05-18-2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 12235901)

I think these are called U Wings and in the trailer, a ship that looked like Kylo Ren's was destroyed.

Personally, I'm all good with new ships as designs, as there should be a ton of different ships in a galaxy filled with thousands of space traveling sentient life forms.

Discuss Thrower 05-18-2016 12:59 PM

Would love to see a few ARC-170s retroactively added to the Rebellion's fleet but won't be holding out a lot of hope for it.

Jamie 05-18-2016 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12236412)
I think these are called U Wings and in the trailer, a ship that looked like Kylo Ren's was destroyed.

Personally, I'm all good with new ships as designs, as there should be a ton of different ships in a galaxy filled with thousands of space traveling sentient life forms.

I agree there should be new ships, I just don't think the new ships are quite living up to McQuarrie.

Discuss Thrower 05-18-2016 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 12236507)
I agree there should be new ships, I just don't think the new ships are quite living up to McQuarrie.

Can anyone live up to McQuarrie?

RINGLEADER 05-18-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12236412)

Buck Rodgers.

DaneMcCloud 05-23-2016 12:19 PM

Jyn Erso, Death Trooper and the Enforcer Droid Lego figures

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjKQ9NHUkAAXVpt.jpg

DaneMcCloud 05-25-2016 04:18 PM

http://i2.wp.com/bitcast-a-sm.bitgra...size=700%2C432

DaneMcCloud 05-25-2016 04:19 PM

http://i0.wp.com/bitcast-a-sm.bitgra...size=700%2C429

DaneMcCloud 05-25-2016 04:19 PM

http://i2.wp.com/bitcast-a-sm.bitgra...size=700%2C391

DaneMcCloud 05-25-2016 04:21 PM

http://i0.wp.com/bitcast-a-sm.bitgra...ZZ4B929726.jpg

DaneMcCloud 05-26-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12247246)
Isn't that luke in the top left?

Yep.

These are newly created posters that will be on display at Star Wars Celebration London in July.

They were made up to promote Episode VIII and Rogue One.

SAUTO 05-26-2016 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12247250)
Yep.

These are newly created posters that will be on display at Star Wars Celebration London in July.

They were made up to promote Episode VIII and Rogue One.

Yeah I'm a dumbass lol.

I didn't realize what I was looking at right off the bat and wondered why he was there and definitely wondered why he would be there with all that gray lol

Anyong Bluth 05-26-2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12246154)

They made Baze look like younger, chubby Gary Oldman.

DaneMcCloud 05-26-2016 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12247266)
They made Baze look like younger, chubby Gary Oldman.

LMAO

Hammock Parties 05-30-2016 08:19 PM

uh oh

Disney execs in a panic over upcoming ‘Star Wars’ film

Quote:

The first “Star Wars” spinoff, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” is in crisis, and the movie will have to go into expensive reshoots over the summer, sources exclusively confirmed to Page Six.

The much-anticipated “Rogue One” is due for release on Dec. 16, but we’re told bosses at Disney are not fully satisfied with the first cut from director Gareth Edwards.

One Hollywood source told us, “The execs at Disney are not happy with the movie, and ‘Rogue One’ will have to go back into four weeks of expensive reshoots in July.”

The movie stars Felicity Jones, Mads Mikkelsen, Ben Mendelsohn, Forest Whitaker and Diego Luna. The “Star Wars” franchise’s first spinoff film will take us back in time to a point between Episodes III and IV. The plot reportedly sees resistance fighters embark on a daring mission to steal the plans for the Death Star before it can be used to enforce the Emperor’s cruel rule.

There has been much speculation that the movie will take a darker turn and Darth Vader will appear as the Emperor’s chief enforcer. It is also believed that a young Han Solo will make a cameo appearance. Page Six exclusively revealed earlier this month that Alden Ehrenreich has landed the coveted part to play the young Solo, a role made famous by Harrison Ford.

It was announced earlier this month that Edwards would not direct “Godzilla 2” later this year, and would instead “focus on smaller films.” But the movie insider told us, “Gareth’s work on the first ‘Godzilla’ [which came out in 2014] shows he can handle a big studio blockbuster. But ‘Rogue One’ has fallen short of what J.J. Abrams did with ‘Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens.’ So Disney has ordered reshoots.”

Edwards is well-known as a risk-taking director, but has also been reported to prefer to keep studio influence at a minimum. The source added, “Disney won’t take a back seat, and is demanding changes, as the movie isn’t testing well.”

Reps for Disney and Edwards didn’t get back to us last night.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-30-2016 08:21 PM

Dane?

DaneMcCloud 05-30-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12253542)
Dane?

I haven't heard a thing about reshoots or any problems.

That doesn't mean that Page Six is fabricating a story but why would LucasFilm announce just last week that Gareth Edwards is to appear at Star Wars Celebration in July, with the first extended look at the film, if he's overseeing "expensive reshoots"?

And KK is automous. She'd have to agree for this to be true and again, it doesn't make much sense.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-30-2016 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12253793)
I haven't heard a thing about reshoots or any problems.

That doesn't mean that Page Six is fabricating a story but why would LucasFilm announce just last week that Gareth Edwards is to appear at Star Wars Celebration in July, with the first extended look at the film, if he's overseeing "expensive reshoots"?

And KK is automous. She'd have to agree for this to be true and again, it doesn't make much sense.

Prolly trying to generate some buzz for themselves.

DaneMcCloud 05-30-2016 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12253834)
Prolly trying to generate some buzz for themselves.

Maybe but there's a lot of buzz for the movie so I'm not sure that's necessary.

It's an odd report for sure.

DaneMcCloud 05-31-2016 10:03 PM

Okay, I heard from someone today and this thing is being totally blown out of proportion.

Pickup shots were already scheduled but Disney's biggest issue (not LucasFilm but Disney) was that there's currently not enough Vader.

I think everyone wants to see Vader get as much screen time as possible so this isn't a bad thing but from Disney's perspective, it's all about merch and toys.

The Vader of R1 looks like Rebels and ANH, making it somewhat unique on the market.

Take it FWIW.

Anyong Bluth 05-31-2016 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12255220)
Okay, I heard from someone today and this thing is being totally blown out of proportion.

Pickup shots were already scheduled but Disney's biggest issue (not LucasFilm but Disney) was that there's currently not enough Vader.

I think everyone wants to see Vader get as much screen time as possible so this isn't a bad thing but from Disney's perspective, it's all about merch and toys.

The Vader of R1 looks like Rebels and ANH, making it somewhat unique on the market.

Take it FWIW.

Talked to a CAA buddy of mine earlier today. It casually came up because when I read THR story, it screamed of exaggerated gossip.

Rest assured, much more ado about nothing from his gauging of things.

1st. Studios get the dailies, well, daily, unlike earlier days when on-set had the screening room and the studio would pop in or a composition reel was sent back.
So, they've known exactly what's what. Especially Disney, and especially x2 for their first stand alone for the SW franchise.

2nd. The story seems to really pin it on Garreth. Well, studio complaints about the cut would principally fall to with the editor. At the very least, the story would or should mention R1's editor.

My take: Edwards broke traditional SW formula and got some square studio execs expecting another predictable SW story with the same elements, style, yada, yada, and the gossip mill played rumor telephone around town and inflated the situation.

The Vader screen time sounds exactly what Disney would push for because they don't want release press moaning about how he got 6 minutes in the whole movie.

Re-shoots or not, that's no longer really very telling that a film is in trouble and has become more and more a common practice. Both Planet of the Apes did some re-shoots, and we're both strong films, even if the 2nd one didn't meet the 1st one's level.

DaneMcCloud 06-01-2016 12:57 PM

Heat Vision and Deadline have both incorporated more detail into the original NY Post report. Both confirm that yes, the four weeks of re-shoots are definitely happening but there was no 'test screening' as the original report suggested. The film WAS screened for the studio though.

Their source says:

"The move is happening after execs screened the movie and felt it was tonally off with what a 'classic' Star Wars movie should feel like. The goal of the re-shoots will be to lighten the mood, bring some levity into the story and restore a sense of fun to the adventure".

"This takes place just before A New Hope and leads up to the ten minutes before that classic films begins. You have to match the tone... while [director Gareth] Edwards' first cut was a solid showing, it didn't measure up to the bar set in terms of four-quadrant appeal. Anything less than extraordinary won't do."

-------------

I'm not so sure about "lightening the mood", as this film was expected to be dark and gritty.

keg in kc 06-01-2016 01:44 PM

So too dark for Disney. I was worried about that.

DaneMcCloud 06-01-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12255862)
Too dark for Disney. I was worried about that.

Rian Johnson's Episode VIII is reportedly much darker than Episode VII so it will be interesting to hear their reaction to its first screening.

Deberg_1990 06-01-2016 04:36 PM

Quality aside, The Force Awakens made so much money it's set an impossibility high standard for the films that follow.

This could be a better film, but make less money. Disney obviously wants the magical 'four quadrant appeal' to keep the money train rolling.

Bowser 06-01-2016 04:51 PM

"Four-quadrant appeal"

Sounds like a bullshit upper management term, like "Shift the paradigm". If it's good, leave it alone (I know that's too much to ask of Disney, but still....).

SAUTO 06-01-2016 05:05 PM

Sounds pretty ridiculous

DaneMcCloud 06-01-2016 05:19 PM

The disconcerting aspect of this information is that apparently, Disney isn't allowing LucasFilm and Gareth Edwards to make the movie they want to make.

I realize that basing an opinion on a two minute trailer might be a little presumptive but IMO, it most certainly had the look and feel of A New Hope and TFA.

It was Classic Star Wars, from my point of view.