ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fantastic Four (2015) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290223)

-King- 07-19-2015 09:10 AM

Looks real good. I'll watch it.

Bowser 07-19-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11606032)
Looks real good. I'll watch it.

I'm a "purist" when it comes to comics being made to movie, and this looks like dogshit. They're completely ****ed up the stories of the FF, and Doom (one of Marvel's biggest baddies) isn't some extra dimensional character. I will pass on this until it's on cable, and even then I may not watch it.

Now, from just an eye candy perspective, it does look good, but I just can't overcome my comic nerdness to give this movie a shot. Like I said, I hope this movie takes a dump and they give the rights back to Marvel so they can do these guys and their story justice.

ragedogg69 07-19-2015 05:20 PM

I liked this movie better when it wasnt a superhero movie. The plot of a research team discovering interdementional travel and their wacky adventures would be way more entertaining than another FF origin story.

Rausch 07-19-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11605581)
Am I the only one here that actually liked the FF4 comics?

For me it was Spiderman, followed by The Incredible Hulk, followed by the FF4, as my favorites.

I loved them growing up. They were always best used when exploring or encountering the unknown. They'd be out exploring the negative zone or off in space and mostly detached from many events on earth.

Completely different than the X-Men or Avengers...

-King- 07-19-2015 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11606152)
I'm a "purist" when it comes to comics being made to movie, and this looks like dogshit. They're completely ****ed up the stories of the FF, and Doom (one of Marvel's biggest baddies) isn't some extra dimensional character. I will pass on this until it's on cable, and even then I may not watch it.

Now, from just an eye candy perspective, it does look good, but I just can't overcome my comic nerdness to give this movie a shot. Like I said, I hope this movie takes a dump and they give the rights back to Marvel so they can do these guys and their story justice.

I've always said that it's a good thing I've never read a single comic in my life. So to me, as long as it looks good on film, I don't really care how close they stuck to the source material. I can see how it can annoy some of the hard core comic fans but for me, its all about making a good movie.
Posted via Mobile Device

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2015 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11607332)
I've always said that it's a good thing I've never read a single comic in my life. So to me, as long as it looks good on film, I don't really care how close they stuck to the source material. I can see how it can annoy some of the hard core comic fans but for me, its all about making a good movie.
Posted via Mobile Device

Same here. Plus, knowing my personality, if I'd read the comics I would most likely be a purist as well. Annoyance avoided!

sd4chiefs 08-06-2015 07:31 AM

Wow! A fantastic failure at 8% on the tomatometer.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fantastic_four_2015/

An outstretched, moronic, drama-less time-suck that somehow manages to be less fun than Pixels, which was only slightly more enjoyable than slamming a door on your face.

Sure-Oz 08-06-2015 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4chiefs (Post 11641408)
Wow! A fantastic failure at 8% on the tomatometer.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fantastic_four_2015/

An outstretched, moronic, drama-less time-suck that somehow manages to be less fun than Pixels, which was only slightly more enjoyable than slamming a door on your face.

Wow. I hoped that it would reach low end spiderman ratings at worst.

Sure-Oz 08-06-2015 07:50 AM

Read somewhere the 'its clobbering time' in this movie for thing comes from his brother saying that before he beats the shit out of him. Facepalm if true.

Deberg_1990 08-06-2015 05:44 PM

Smells like a bust

Sure-Oz 08-06-2015 10:02 PM

Fantastic Four director deleted this Tweet. He basically hates it too. Possibly cause of Fox.

Sure-Oz 08-06-2015 10:03 PM

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...b41afc91ba.jpg

DaneMcCloud 08-06-2015 10:27 PM

Trank is a disaster. The movie was awful and he lost his shot at a Star Wars film.

He has no one to blame but himself.

Sure-Oz 08-07-2015 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11643566)
Trank is a disaster. The movie was awful and he lost his shot at a Star Wars film.

He has no one to blame but himself.

I hope we get a decent f4 movie someday. 9% on RT....yikes

Fish 08-07-2015 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 11643734)
I hope we get a decent f4 movie someday. 9% on RT....yikes

I don't see any way they'd touch it again at this point. Shit has been absolute poison...

Sure-Oz 08-07-2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11643763)
I don't see any way they'd touch it again at this point. Shit has been absolute poison...

Read an article that it's a 100 min of trailer for a movie that doesn't happen. 13 of those minutes are enjoyable... Woof

The Franchise 08-07-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

They need to just sign that shit over to Marvel and let it go. They've had their chance and failed every time.

L.A. Chieffan 08-07-2015 11:19 AM

Apparently there was a Fantastic Four movie produced in the mid 90's that never saw the light of day. Its sole purpose was for the company to be able to retain the rights to the FF brand in the future. Interesting article about it on VICE. We should probably expect to see another version in about ten years again.

The only good thing to come out of FF is the Norm MacDonald sketch

Bowser 08-07-2015 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11644186)
They need to just sign that shit over to Marvel and let it go. They've had their chance and failed every time.

****ing this. Called this shit, too.

Chieficus 08-07-2015 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 11644199)
Apparently there was a Fantastic Four movie produced in the mid 90's that never saw the light of day. Its sole purpose was for the company to be able to retain the rights to the FF brand in the future. Interesting article about it on VICE. We should probably expect to see another version in about ten years again.

They have a lot of fun with that movie in season 4 of arrested development.

Swanman 08-07-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11644186)

I just want Galactus and Silver Surfer in the MCU and you need to get the F4 rights to make that happen.

Valiant 08-07-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 11644199)

On IGN they are already talking a cross over with xmen and another time line story.

Bowser 08-07-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 11644271)
I just want Galactus and Silver Surfer in the MCU and you need to get the F4 rights to make that happen.

Yes. I've been screaming for that, as well. Surfer was my guy back in the day, and they just could not have ****ed his and Galactus' story up any more if they tried in that shit ass movie.

Gravedigger 08-07-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Yep, unfortunate that it's boiled down to petty finger pointing now but everyone is responsible for these movies, the actors read the script, the director directs his actors, you can blame the script all you want but Trank isn't the best director either. After Chronicle were we expecting a mega hit? I wasnt

Munson 08-07-2015 05:12 PM

Even with the shitty reviews, I'll probably end up seeing this.

There is no way it can be as bad as the other FF movies.

Sure-Oz 08-07-2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 11644702)
Even with the shitty reviews, I'll probably end up seeing this.

There is no way it can be as bad as the other FF movies.

It'll be worse...very little humor and action I hear

Deberg_1990 08-07-2015 06:14 PM

It sounds like Trank started with some interesting ideas, then the studio panicked when they saw what he delivered. they decided to boot him and tack on an action ending.

How did this thing get greenlit in the first place?

Sure-Oz 08-07-2015 06:20 PM

@HolyBatCast: Give me #BatmanandRobin over the new #FantasticFour any day. At least that was a hilarious abomination. This is just a crushing bore.

cabletech94 08-07-2015 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 11644829)
@HolyBatCast: Give me #BatmanandRobin over the new #FantasticFour any day. At least that was a hilarious abomination. This is just a crushing bore.

that's too bad. seriously.

Silock 08-07-2015 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 11644545)
Yep, unfortunate that it's boiled down to petty finger pointing now but everyone is responsible for these movies, the actors read the script, the director directs his actors, you can blame the script all you want but Trank isn't the best director either. After Chronicle were we expecting a mega hit? I wasnt

Chronicle was pretty good.

ragedogg69 08-08-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11645615)
Chronicle was pretty good.

I agree 100%, but I think it has more to do with Max Landis having an amazing screenplay. We will see if that is the case with American Ultra.

thabear04 08-08-2015 01:05 PM

With the bad reviews you think they are still going to make the next movie.

RobBlake 08-08-2015 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 11646458)
With the bad reviews you think they are still going to make the next movie.

see the spider man series.. i think thats what is going to happen to FF4

Rausch 08-09-2015 12:12 PM

Spoilers - possibly NSFW

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VX7abBTZewI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"It hurts to know that movie exists..."

Bowser 08-09-2015 12:21 PM

So that didn’t take long. The Fantastic Four reboot is currently going over like a lead balloon at the box office and the bad press that has been hounding the film since production hasn’t stopped with the film’s release. But what about the already announced Fantastic Four 2? There’s now a rumor going about that Fox is going pull Fantastic Four out of that release window and give to another superhero they have much higher hopes for: Deadpool.

As is standard with movie studios, and even more standard with the big-budget properties, Fox already had their major release dates staked out for the next couple of years. That schedule included a sequel to this weekend’s Fantastic Four with a planned release date of June 9, 2017. The Daily Superhero has the rumor that the conversation is already going on behind closed doors that Fox is looking to make a change. While Fantastic has not been so, the buzz around Deadpool has been everything the studio could want. So, why not give that sequel date to Deadpool instead?

ADVERTISEMENT

The one major problem could be that it may be too difficult to turn around Deadpool that quickly. Even if Fox is already in the early stages of planning a sequel, they would need to shift things into a fairly high gear to meet a summer 2017 release date. They’d likely need to begin filming no later than June of 2016, which is only four months after the first film would hit theaters. In short, they’d need to commit to Deadpool 2 now to make that release date. And, on the off-chance that something goes wrong and Deadpool doesn’t succeed as expected, then Fox isn’t in any better position than they’d be if they had gone ahead and made a Fantastic Four 2. Having already made a bet on Fantastic they may not be willing to do that here, no matter how much positive press they're getting.

Still, this isn’t the first talk of a Deadpool sequel we’ve seen. There’s already been some talk about bringing a classic Deadpool character into a sequel if it happens. This could be a sign that there have been at least some preliminary discussions. With the future uncertain for the X-Men franchise after Apocalypse, at Hugh Jackman making his final bow as Wolverine soon, Fox may be looking to put most of their superhero eggs in the Deadpool basket (at which point Deadpool will throw the eggs at your house and then run away).

Either way it’s looking to be a good bet that Fantastic Four won’t need that 2017 release date. Unless somebody starts looking at another bloody reboot of course.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Fanta...l-2-76087.html

unlurking 08-10-2015 03:18 PM

Yay Deadpool!

:)

**** this FF4 franchise.

RobBlake 08-10-2015 05:35 PM

worst movie i've ever seen

Just Passin' By 08-10-2015 06:02 PM

They found a way to make it even worst than I was worried it might be. LMAO

Bowser 08-10-2015 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 11651198)
worst movie i've ever seen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11651274)
They found a way to make it even worst than I was worried it might be. LMAO

Was this one worse than Rise of the Silver Surfer?

bishop_74 08-11-2015 03:04 PM

http://i.imgur.com/i9eqYtU.png

Rausch 08-11-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11652205)

RedLetterMedia claims it was less enjoyable than the original (90's unreleased) version.

Fail on every level.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2ol2rzuRDAE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AustinChief 08-11-2015 03:22 PM

I came in expecting it to be unwatchable... it was not THAT bad... still bad but not as bad as I thought it would be. My biggest complaint is that the entire movie is just the first part of an origin story until the last few minutes. It's like they planned on a 2 hour film but got 80 minutes in and said... **** it, this is AWFUL let's just throw a bullshit action ending on it and call it a day.

Fish 08-11-2015 03:31 PM

It was bad, but I don't think it was the worst ever by any means. They did quite an injustice to Dr. Doom though. It's like they didn't have a clue what to do with him. The character's decisions didn't make any sense. Wasn't impressed with the actor that played Reed either.

RobBlake 08-11-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11652205)

at least the battle towards the end was somewhat sensible in that movie. This movie? They literally beat him in about 4 mins. The most anticlimatic end i've seen for quite some time. The second act and on in the movie was just a joke and you can totally tell when the director stopped giving an eff.

Rausch 08-11-2015 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11653439)
It was bad, but I don't think it was the worst ever by any means. They did quite an injustice to Dr. Doom though. It's like they didn't have a clue what to do with him. The character's decisions didn't make any sense. Wasn't impressed with the actor that played Reed either.

Possibly NSFW...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RRZNI8VUZiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990 08-11-2015 08:06 PM

Why was Sue white and her daddy and brother black?