ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SI : Chiefs have a problem and his name is Dwayne Bowe (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277331)

beach tribe 10-11-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 10074196)
Because at some point we will lose a game and after that we'll lose a playoff game and one of the biggest reasons will be because we aren't using our offensive weapons effectively.

This is true, but its a bit much to ask even Reid to have ironed out every issue, have the offense running at maximum efficiency, and have figured out exactly how to utilize every weapon he has after 5 games with an entirely new roster.
I think it has looked very promising, all things considered, and expect improvement that will, in fact, be needed if we want to beat the big dogs.

Ace Gunner 10-11-2013 09:08 PM

okay. y'all need stop with the "timing route" shit. k. a quick slant is not a timing route.

beach tribe 10-11-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10074226)
okay. y'all need stop with the "timing route" shit. k. a quick slant is not a timing route.

:spock:

Yeah. It is.

Simply Red 10-11-2013 09:14 PM

Bowe is going off this week.

aturnis 10-11-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10074224)
This is true, but its a bit much to ask even Reid to have ironed out every issue, have the offense running at maximum efficiency, and have figured out exactly how to utilize every weapon he has after 5 games with an entirely new roster.
I think it has looked very promising, all things considered, and expect improvement that will, in fact, be needed if we want to beat the big dogs.

I don't know. The defense has seen a huge change and it hasn't slowed progress. I know it typically takes more time for offenses to gel, especially with timing in this type of system, but the defensive playbook is so big and intricate at this point, I have to put them on a level playing field.

Right now, and I know I'll get shit for this, but I dislike Andy Reid's offense. From the blocking scheme change, to the misuse of talent(under utilizing Bowe and Hemingway), to the conservative nature of the QB. I know Reid can't control Smith, and wants him to be more aggressive, but it's his man. Also not a fan of throwing, to no avail, on third and short, or running Charles up the middle for no gain time and time, and time again.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-11-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10074235)
Bowe is going off this week.

This. He'll also go off against Diego.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-11-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10074243)
I don't know. The defense has seen a huge change and it hasn't slowed progress. I know it typically takes more time for offenses to gel, especially with timing in this type of system, but the defensive playbook is so big and intricate at this point, I have to put them on a level playing field.

Right now, and I know I'll get shit for this, but I dislike Andy Reid's offense. From the blocking scheme change, to the misuse of talent(under utilizing Bowe and Hemingway), to the conservative nature of the QB. I know Reid can't control Smith, and wants him to be more aggressive, but it's his man. Also not a fan of throwing, to no avail, on third and short, or running Charles up the middle for no gain time and time, and time again.

I thought the "idea" was to get Charles in to space?

aturnis 10-11-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10074262)
I thought the "idea" was to get Charles in to space?

Third and short? Doesn't work if the other team gets any kind of pressure, the QB shits his pants and doesn't even try.

CoMoChief 10-11-2013 09:26 PM

Just mainstream media trying to find something to talk about

Bowe is fine, he's just not being targeted because we have a QB that stares in between the hash lines. AS is not a guy that's going to take too many chances in the game and if Bowe looks even remotely covered, he's going to get maybe a split second look before AS looks to his 2-3-4 options.

We run a ball controlling dink n dunk offense with the occasional intermediate route or 2. It seems to work and can work as long as the QB doesn't turn the ball over and you can prevent yourself from being too conservative and predictable. I'm not sure how to go about doing that but it seems to work somewhat okay.

O.city 10-11-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10074219)
Watch the play.

Learn football.

RealSNR 10-11-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...1/05/oprah.gif

O.city 10-11-2013 09:33 PM

Unless the play was a sluggo, in a wco, Bowe can't just turn and run upfield when the defender crosses his face. We aren't playing int he backyard here.

If you want to say smith threw the wrong route, fine. But saying the defender crossed Bowes face so Bowe turned to run upfield, well, that puts the blame on Bowe.

Ace Gunner 10-11-2013 09:37 PM

a timing route is one that involves a pivot in the route. hooks, square outs are timing routes.

pr_capone 10-11-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

http://i.imgur.com/AcXaYlA.gif

Ace Gunner 10-11-2013 09:40 PM

three dummies now ROFL you guys are embarrassing

Saccopoo 10-11-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10074183)
The Chiefs have a problem and his name is NOT Bowe.

Yeah...

Their problem is that they are 5-0.

It sucks, I know, but what the hell are you to do?

Personally, who gives a rat's ass about who is getting the ball. The game isn't about Dwayne Bowe's fantasy numbers, it's about getting enough wins to get to the playoffs which gives you the possibility, a chance at hoisting the Lombardi at the very end. Period. End of story. And, straight up, a single wide receiver isn't going to carry a team through the playoffs and win a team a Super Bowl. Ever. So I would suggest not getting your panties in a tight knot about the number of receptions Bowe has to date. They are 5-0 in a new offense with a new QB behind an offensive line that has three new guys starting on it (Allen, Hudson, Fisher), a new fullback, an all new receiving corps other than Bowe & McCluster, etc., etc., etc.

I'm pretty freakin' giddy about the possibilities of what this team can/will do once everyone is on the same page - both offensively and defensively. And I don't expect that to happen until next season to be honest.

However, while we are on the subject, from my observations, Bowe is not separating very well right now and has been a bit slow coming off in his breaks. He's also dropped some passes he should have caught and he's blown some routes. While Smith could be looking in his direction a bit more, Bowe himself hasn't helped his QB have a ton of confidence in him either.

However, he's blocking exceptionally well and he's getting the opposing defenses #1 CB. That's opening up the offense which shows as it's usually seven or eight guys that have been targeted by Smith throughout the game. That significantly helps the rest of the offense.

Bottom line - STFU about whether or not Bowe has 15 receptions per game. It's irrelevant, especially in light of the fact that they TEAM is 5-0 when just a year ago Bowe was getting a ton of looks and we were one of, if not the, worst offensive team in NFL history and were losing games by enormous double digit margins.

O.city 10-11-2013 09:42 PM

Before you talk about separation or no separation, go read the arrowhead pride link.

Bowes getting open downfield.

Red Dawg 10-11-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10074344)
Yeah...

Personally, who gives a rat's ass about who is getting the ball. The game isn't about Dwayne Bowe's fantasy numbers, it's about getting enough wins to get to the playoffs which gives you the possibility, a chance at hoisting the Lombardi at the very end. Period. End of story. And, straight up, a single wide receiver isn't going to carry a team through the playoffs and win a team a Super Bowl. Ever. So I would suggest not getting your panties in a tight knot about the number of receptions Bowe has to date. They are 5-0 in a new offense with a new QB behind an offensive line that has three new guys starting on it (Allen, Hudson, Fisher), a new fullback, an all new receiving corps other than Bowe & McCluster, etc., etc., etc.

I'm pretty freakin' giddy about the possibilities of what this team can/will do once everyone is on the same page - both offensively and defensively. And I don't expect that to happen until next season to be honest.

However, while we are on the subject, from my observations, Bowe is not separating very well right now and has been a bit slow coming off in his breaks. He's also dropped some passes he should have caught and he's blown some routes. While Smith could be looking in his direction a bit more, Bowe himself hasn't helped his QB have a ton of confidence in him either.

However, he's blocking exceptionally well and he's getting the opposing defenses #1 CB. That's opening up the offense which shows as it's usually seven or eight guys that have been targeted by Smith throughout the game. That significantly helps the rest of the offense.

Bottom line - STFU about whether or not Bowe has 15 receptions per game. It's irrelevant, especially in light of the fact that they TEAM is 5-0 when just a year ago Bowe was getting a ton of looks and we were one of, if not the, worst offensive team in NFL history and were losing games by enormous double digit margins.

This. Eat it and ask for more.

Color Red 10-11-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10073923)
The problem is... Bowe has never really been great at getting separation consistently and now he has a QB that does his damndest to not throw to a covered WR. Bowe thrived on our past crappy QBs throwing into coverage so he can muscle the catch.

Well said.

Ace Gunner 10-11-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10074344)
Yeah...

well stated. understated, actually.

Saccopoo 10-11-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10074349)
Before you talk about separation or no separation, go read the arrowhead pride link.

He's getting jammed at the line more than I can ever remember. He's not immediately separating/cleanly separating. It looks like he's being out-muscled at times. That's allowing the safety to come off his route and being single covered by the CB which let's him "get open" downfield after the progressions have been run - or when blocking is breaking down (which is happening rapidly to date, and I think that Smith is handling the questionable blocking quite well so far, but it has hurt Bowe's opportunities).

O.city 10-11-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10074381)
He's getting jammed at the line more than I can ever remember. He's not immediately separating/cleanly separating. It looks like he's being out-muscled at times. That's allowing the safety to come off his route and being single covered by the CB which let's him "get open" downfield after the progressions have been run - or when blocking is breaking down (which is happening rapidly to date, and I think that Smith is handling the questionable blocking quite well so far, but it has hurt Bowe's opportunities so far).

Yes.

You can't say it, because it's an excuse or something, but the ol has to start playing better. I thought the interior ol, basically the entire ol but Stephenson, played their best game against the tits

chiefzilla1501 10-11-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10074183)
The Chiefs have a problem and his name is NOT Bowe.

It's not Alex Smith either. Not yet. I don't know how long he can keep it up, but as long as he continues to play 4th quarter football like this, I'm a lot more forgiving about what he does the first 3 quarters.

beach tribe 10-11-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10074243)

Defenses are typically way ahead of offenses early in the season.

I too have had issues with a lot of the play calling, but on 3rd and short, I dont have a problem with trying to run up the middle for the 1st. It has been a problem but that is why Im not complaining.
We need to improve our short yardage run game. Its a simple yet crucial 3rd down situation that needs improvement, which hopefully will come around.
I have no bones with Ried over trying to line up and smash out a 1st behind Sherman, who is a beast.
Encouraged by it actually, as Reid is notorious for throwing too much on 3rd and short, and was worried that he would do that too often the way he did in Philly.
Also encouraged by the slow, yet existent increase in Reids influence in getting Smith to go down field. Hopefully that continues, and becomes more frequent
Averys speed has to be accounted for now, and I honestly have been bothered by Reids lack of drags and short crossing patterns to Bowe, who is GREAT at getting YAC on those types of plays. He has instead been using Avery for those when Avery needs to be stretching the field vertically, and opening those designed short crosses up for Bowe.

mrbiggz 10-11-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10073999)

Well just as I thought. They need to do a better job of getting bowe the ball. That clears that up.

Imon Yourside 10-11-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10074349)

I would put it mostly on our line, they are letting guys through way too often so Smiff feels like he has to take the first available.

beach tribe 10-11-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10074394)
It's not Alex Smith either. Not yet. I don't know how long he can keep it up, but as long as he continues to play 4th quarter football like this, I'm a lot more forgiving about what he does the first 3 quarters.

If there comes a day when the D doesnt show up it will be interesting to see if Smith can answer the bell. He seems to respond when he has to.
Hope he can keep it up. We will see.

Bowser 10-11-2013 10:03 PM

People have been trying to make Bowe a problem child from the day he set foot in Kansas City.

Bowe may not be Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson, but when I worry about the problems on this offense, I do NOT worry about Bowe.

Tribal Warfare 10-11-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10074415)
If there comes a day when the D doesnt show up it will be interesting to see if Smith can answer the bell. He seems to respond when he has to.

He'll better learn to let loose if or when Peyton hangs 28 or more points on the defense

Rasputin 10-11-2013 10:07 PM

Nothing wrong whit D Bowe. Look what happens when he does get a ball thrown his way. He will make catches and run people over. ****ing Alex Smith is a chicken shit he is too afraid to squeeze one in there.

Rasputin 10-11-2013 10:11 PM

Haven't heard D Bowe bitch either seems like he is a team player and gives coaches hugs after the game even when he hasn't had much thrown his way. Alex Smith needs to get the ball to him and they need find ways to make him apart of this offense. **** that Hall kid they threw to to start the game last week.

Bowser 10-11-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10074450)
Nothing wrong whit D Bowe. Look what happens when he does get a ball thrown his way. He will make catches and run people over. ****ing Alex Smith is a chicken shit he is too afraid to squeeze one in there.

That's too harsh. He hasn't needed to "squeeze one in there" to this point. Alex has played just fine (and yes, I saw all the missed picks the Titans left on the field. They're a good D and it was raining. I can give him a mulligan with those, especially since he drove us for a score in the fourth quarter to seal it).

Down4Chiefs 10-11-2013 10:15 PM

I could be wrong but only thing I don't like about Bowe is a feel like sometimes rather than fight to make a maybe impossible catch,he feels pass inteference and is already expecting a flag instead of putting his best effort in to make the catch. But Bow has dissapeared in games a lot over the years but then will show up and catch passes at the end of the game when the game is already over and don't matter lol. Long as he's catchin balls when it matters I could give a damn if his stats are down a little bit. Never thought he was a great wide reciever and don't think you'd lose much if you subbed him in with a Braylon Edwards. Not that Braylons a bum but he's streaky,drops,can change a game as we'll but definitly not franchise. I'm talking Braylon that kept changing teams a few years ago,no clue if he's improved or gotten worse now.

HonestChieffan 10-11-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10073923)
The problem is... Bowe has never really been great at getting separation consistently and now he has a QB that does his damndest to not throw to a covered WR. Bowe thrived on our past crappy QBs throwing into coverage so he can muscle the catch.

Well said. He isnt fast. He isnt quick he cant shake coverage. He is a good reciever. No more. And with a quality QB who can find the open guy Bowe will suffer

chiefzilla1501 10-11-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10074415)

I'll be interested to see that too. He might just be the type of guy that plays to the competition and cranks it up when he needs to. Big Ben and Eli have had a knack for doing that. But then... right now, I think Ben and Eli are in a much different league than Alex, because they've proven they can win plenty of games where they didn't get much help. I hope I'm wrong.

Bowser 10-11-2013 10:22 PM

Now, I will say that I was pissed at him for not running through that slant pattern against the Giants that ended up in a pick. That looked like he was dogging it for sure.

Ace Gunner 10-11-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 10074410)
I would put it mostly on our line, they are letting guys through way too often so Smiff feels like he has to take the first available.

and they're letting defenders clog throwing lanes too, which I think is the biggest problem with this offense so far. we talk a lot about how this is a short pass kind of offense. well, the trajectory of short passes requires throwing lanes. without them, your passing game will suffer. pretty much what I see.

It's not just blocking. in this style offense, it's about a certain type of blocking. the type that opens throwing lanes for the pass game. that is why WCO blocking schemes are more about blocking together. it takes guys knowing how to block for those lanes to open up.

Until they get that going, we just hope they do enough to keep winning.

Rasputin 10-11-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10074474)
That's too harsh. He hasn't needed to "squeeze one in there" to this point. Alex has played just fine (and yes, I saw all the missed picks the Titans left on the field. They're a good D and it was raining. I can give him a mulligan with those, especially since he drove us for a score in the fourth quarter to seal it).

Right now as long as we are winning I don't see any need for finger pointing. Dwayne Bowe is a hell of a good football player and does more with down field blocking too. He does get double coverage and so far Avery has been getting targets because of it.

Dwayne Bowe is going get his if they just make him more apart of the game plan. So far it's dump offs and hand offs to Jamaal Charles more than anything.

I think it is bull shit for anyone to say Dwayne Bowe is a problem on this offense. ****ing bull shit.

splatbass 10-11-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 10074410)

I agree.

Psyko Tek 10-11-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10073935)
He got paid.

love to say
THIS

but he blocks down field
so maybe he needs designed plays

splatbass 10-11-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10074511)
But then... right now, I think Ben and Eli are in a much different league than Alex, because they've proven they can win plenty of games where they didn't get much help.

Right, right now they are both doing so well. :facepalm:

chiefzilla1501 10-11-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10074562)
Right, right now they are both doing so well. :facepalm:

Ben and Eli have been outstanding pros for their entire careers. Hardly think a bad season changes anything. They would be completely different QBs if they didn't have D-league RBs starting for them.

Psyko Tek 10-11-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthling (Post 10073972)
One of our interceptions was because Bowe was thrown to and didn't fight the guy off at all. He is going to have to produce some in order to get the trust from the QB.

could we get draft picks from trading Bowe at least 2 and 3's?

BossChief 10-11-2013 11:06 PM

Holy mother of God.

I've seen it all.

If Bowe ever pairs up with a good quarterback, he is gonna destroy worlds. Look what he did in 2010...and that was with Cassel.

He seems lazy right now because he is constantly bracketed and Alex doesnt trust himself to make those throws. It must suck to know you aren't gonna be a big part of the game plan.

All these designed plays called for Avery, but none for our second best playmaker on the team?

Tribal Warfare 10-11-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10074668)

All these designed plays called for Avery, but none for our second best playmaker on the team?

With Bowe being KC's best WR since Otis Taylor.

O.city 10-11-2013 11:09 PM

It seems we are actually getting Bowe in more downfield routes, like Reid did with to.

Gotta get Alex to hold it a little longer and throw it to him.

BossChief 10-11-2013 11:16 PM

Reid knows what's up.

It all comes back to that article when he said Alex needs to be more agressive. I have no doubts that Reid thinks he can get Alex to do that effectively or he wouldn't have pushed all of his chips to the middle.

Over the last two weeks, you can see Alex start to be a little more agressive. I expect that trend to continue.

When you are throwing 35 passes per game, you better have 3-5 or those go deep.

O.city 10-11-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10074702)
Reid knows what's up.

It all comes back to that article when he said Alex needs to be more agressive. I have no doubts that Reid thinks he can get Alex to do that effectively or he wouldn't have pushed all of his chips to the middle.

Over the last two weeks, you can see Alex start to be a little more agressive. I expect that trend to continue.

When you are throwing 35 passes per game, you better have 3-5 or those go deep.

I agree.

Reid surely knows you can't be successful against the best teams running an offense like we have so far.

beach tribe 10-11-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Holy mother of God.

I've seen it all.

If Bowe ever pairs up with a good quarterback, he is gonna destroy worlds. Look what he did in 2010...and that was with Cassel.

He seems lazy right now because he is constantly bracketed and Alex doesnt trust himself to make those throws. It must suck to know you aren't gonna be a big part of the game pl
e

Thats why Im not worried about Bowe........at all.

Avery is averaging 18+ ypr. and is a true deep threat with that speed.
It wont take long to see what a damn gorilla Bowe is with the ball in his hands.

Reid will surely start running underneath routes to him with Avery stretching the field.

Most DBs look like children trying to tackle him

BossChief 10-11-2013 11:25 PM

I'm still holding out hope that Atlanta loses after the bye and trades us Gonzalez.

I know the chances of that trade ever happening is close to zero, but it sure would make for the best stretch of KC football in a long time.

If ever.

I would like to say that kind of move could make us team that can make some serious noise in the postseason.

Rasputin 10-11-2013 11:27 PM

See Alex Smith doesn't even have to be "on target" with Bowe. He made a career out of making circus catches of bad ball placement from Matt Casshell.

RealSNR 10-11-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Down4Chiefs (Post 10074493)
I could be wrong but only thing I don't like about Bowe is a feel like sometimes rather than fight to make a maybe impossible catch,he feels pass inteference and is already expecting a flag instead of putting his best effort in to make the catch. But Bow has dissapeared in games a lot over the years but then will show up and catch passes at the end of the game when the game is already over and don't matter lol. Long as he's catchin balls when it matters I could give a damn if his stats are down a little bit. Never thought he was a great wide reciever and don't think you'd lose much if you subbed him in with a Braylon Edwards. Not that Braylons a bum but he's streaky,drops,can change a game as we'll but definitly not franchise. I'm talking Braylon that kept changing teams a few years ago,no clue if he's improved or gotten worse now.

Holy shit. First mattschiefs now this guy. Is it Dumbass Day at the OK Corral or what?

Titty Meat 10-11-2013 11:30 PM

Uh Bowe hasn't even been that good when Smith does throw it to him.

BossChief 10-11-2013 11:30 PM

I bet 90% of these n00bs have Cassel jerseys.

beach tribe 10-11-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10074735)
I'm still holding out hope that Atlanta loses after the bye and trades us Gonzalez.

I know the chances of that trade ever happening is close to zero, but it sure would make for the best stretch of KC football in a long time.

If ever.

I would like to say that kind of move could make us team that can make some serious noise in the postseason.

I cant think of a move that would help any team as much as acquiring a stud TE like TG would help this one.
Even a healthy Kelce could be big for this team right now if he is, in fact, what I have to believe Dorsey thinks he can be.

RunKC 10-11-2013 11:33 PM

A lot of people think Bowe should be involved in the screen game, and I agree, but let's look at this from an X and O's standpoint.

Avery, DMC and Hemmingway aren't blocking any DB for a screen play to develop. I love Duck Dynasty, but he's not that good of a blocker either.

A lot of people are overlooking Donnie Avery's presence on the team. He's on pace to have a career year and get 1,000+ receiving yards. That's better than he did last year with Andrew Luck.

I think Bowe should get more involved, but I do believe a lot of it is timing, and mostly the OL.

O.city 10-11-2013 11:33 PM

Bowe needs 10 targets per game, with a few deep balls thrown his way

Quesadilla Joe 10-11-2013 11:34 PM

Michael Lombardi (now the GM of the Browns) said the same thing about Bowe over two years ago.

Quote:

Memo to Bowe fans: Please read the above criteria twice. And if you still think he is an elite number one receiver in the league, then we are not watching the same player. Bowe is a good player, effective in the red zone due to his size, but he struggles against tight man-to-man and does not separate when he is facing press coverage. And the number one reason he is not a blue-chip player or an elite number one receiver is that no defensive coordinator goes into a game against Kansas City fearing he doesn't have a corner who can match up on Bowe. He is a good player, not a great player
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/...s-a-good-thing

O.city 10-11-2013 11:34 PM

Bowe is getting open downfield, as shown in the arrowhead pride write up. The ol needs to hold up and Alex needs to take chances downfield with a single high safety

beach tribe 10-11-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 10074767)
Uh Bowe hasn't even been that good when Smith does throw it to him.

Looked pretty good rag dolling the Giants DBs last week.
Seriously though, is Bowes ability actually in question here?

Not from me.

salame 10-11-2013 11:37 PM

he got a lot of garbage time yards in the past
we are playing with a lead now

BossChief 10-11-2013 11:37 PM

6 years of tape on what makes Bowe thrive is out there.

I know Avery has an advantage right now because Reid has coached him before so he knows how Reid wants things done. Bowe will catch up and explode on the scene.

Alex just needs to give Bowe a chance to do that.

beach tribe 10-11-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10074785)
Bowe is getting open downfield, as shown in the arrowhead pride write up. The ol needs to hold up and Alex needs to take chances downfield with a single high safety

Definitely. Im sure Reid has pointed out that fact.
Its on Alex at this point, Im sure.
Reid has been running the O like he did in Philly in 2004, with Bowe playing the TO role. There will be opportunities down field.
Keep on him Reid. Get him to turn it loose.

chiefzilla1501 10-11-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Holy mother of God.

I've seen it all.

He seems lazy right now because he is constantly bracketed and Alex doesnt trust himself to make those throws. It must suck to know you aren't gonna be a big part of the game plan.

You just said he's been lazy. I don't know if I buy that, but don't blame that on the QB. There is no excuse for playing lazy. Period.

salame 10-11-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10074792)

I know Avery has an advantage right now because Reid has coached him before so he knows how Reid wants things done. Bowe will catch up and explode on the scene.

when did Reid coach Avery?

RunKC 10-11-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 10074783)
Michael Lombardi (now the GM of the Browns) said the same thing about Bowe over two years ago.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/...s-a-good-thing

Bowe is the same player as Demaryius Thomas. The difference is the QB.

Bowe would have 12 TD's and 1,200 receiving yards a year if he had a QB like Manning, Stafford, Brees, Rodgers, Romo throwing to him.

Saccopoo 10-11-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10074511)
I'll be interested to see that too. He might just be the type of guy that plays to the competition and cranks it up when he needs to. Big Ben and Eli have had a knack for doing that. But then... right now, I think Ben and Eli are in a much different league than Alex, because they've proven they can win plenty of games where they didn't get much help. I hope I'm wrong.

Giants & Eli = 0-6

Chiefs & Alex = 5-0

pr_capone 10-11-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

I know Avery has an advantage right now because Reid has coached him before so he knows how Reid wants things done.

When did Avery play for Reid?

BossChief 10-11-2013 11:42 PM

I said he "seems lazy."

salame 10-11-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10074806)
I said he "seems lazy."

Don't dodge the question sir

chiefzilla1501 10-11-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10074803)
Giants & Eli = 0-6

Chiefs & Alex = 5-0

A terrible Giants team and a future HOFer Eli = 0-6
A tremendous Chiefs team and a solid enough Alex Smith = 5-0

pr_capone 10-11-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10074802)
Bowe is the same player as Demaryius Thomas. The difference is the QB.

Bowe would have 12 TD's and 1,200 receiving yards a year if he had a QB like Manning, Stafford, Brees, Rodgers, Romo throwing to him.

Funny... I would say that Bowe is the same player as Anquan Boldin.

beach tribe 10-11-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

I have no doubt it will happen. I hope not too many are surprised when it does.
Bowe is gonna start beasting at some point.

The question is when.
I still think it needs to start with Bowe shrugging off tacklers on underneath crossing routes, and then hitting Avery deep when DBs start jumping Bowe underneath.
There is so much untapped potential left. Its so awesome to be able to say that/

mattschiefs 10-11-2013 11:46 PM

Bowe has all the talent in the world But the thing with his is that he sometimes just doesn't show up to games. This is not something you can put on Alex Smith he has done this over time. Before Alex got to KC. It's the one thing that holds him back from going from VERY good to Great.

That being said there is some fault with Alex as well. And Reid. It does take some time for a QB and WR to gel. They will get better together but Bowe is not a major problem.

BossChief 10-11-2013 11:46 PM

Damn, I thought Avery played for Philly a couple years ago.

I must have him mixed up with someone else. Carry on.

beach tribe 10-11-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 10074812)
Funny... I would say that Bowe is the same player as Anquan Boldin.

Very similar skillset IMO. Good call.

Tribal Warfare 10-11-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10074794)
Definitely. Im sure Reid has pointed out that fact.
Its on Alex at this point, Im sure.
Reid has been running the O like he did in Philly in 2004, with Bowe playing the TO role. There will be opportunities down field.
Keep on him Reid. Get him to turn it loose.

During the Eagles game Reid was yelling at Alex for not throwing it deep. As I said before Alex was doing the no eye contact with the Coach thing while it was happening which was at the end of the 2nd Quarter.

salame 10-11-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10074816)
Damn, I thought Avery played for Philly a couple years ago.

I must have him mixed up with someone else. Carry on.

Perhaps you were thinking of his sub-par stint as a Titan?

BossChief 10-11-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10074820)
During the Eagles game Reid was yelling at Alex for not throwing it deep. As I said before Alex was doing the no eye contact with the Coach thing while it was happening which was at the end of the 2nd Quarter.

Huh?

RunKC 10-11-2013 11:49 PM

Boss was probably thinking of Jason Avant..