ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   **** Official Rank the QB's of This Year's Draft Class**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274721)

Sorter 09-07-2013 11:29 PM

Updated rankings (again, keep in mind I haven't seen many play and haven't done any kind of evaluation. strictly off of limited, partial game observations)

1. Tahj Boyd
2. Teddy Bridgewater
3. Aaron Murray
4. Aj McCarron
5. Zach Mettenberger
6. David Fales
7. Stephen Morris
8. Brynn Renner
9. Logan Thomas
10. Devin Gardner

saphojunkie 09-08-2013 12:25 AM

I planted my flag in Aaron Murray last season and I'm driving that sucker in with a ****ing sledgehammer now.

I don't pretend to know CFB nearly as much as the fine minds here, but I know when I see a QB who has "it."

Bewbies 09-08-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9949282)
I planted my flag in Aaron Murray last season and I'm driving that sucker in with a ****ing sledgehammer now.

I don't pretend to know CFB nearly as much as the fine minds here, but I know when I see a QB who has "it."

Whatever the 'it' you see is, it's not then'it' of a big game QB.

saphojunkie 09-08-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9949489)
Whatever the 'it' you see is, it's not then'it' of a big game QB.

Cool, brah. We will see. And I will be right here waiting to say I told you so.

I don't fall for QB often. Fell for Russell Wilson and Kaepernick and Geno. Only three I have touted on here.

Bewbies 09-08-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9949803)
Cool, brah. We will see. And I will be right here waiting to say I told you so.

I don't fall for QB often. Fell for Russell Wilson and Kaepernick and Geno. Only three I have touted on here.

I watch Murray every week. Every week.

the Talking Can 09-09-2013 10:35 AM

even uga fans just tolerate murray...he spent the first 3 seasons breaking their hearts...i think he's a collection of solid skills with no special qualities

but he looks the part and will go in the first, i'd guess

Bewbies 09-11-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9956071)
even uga fans just tolerate murray...he spent the first 3 seasons breaking their hearts...i think he's a collection of solid skills with no special qualities

but he looks the part and will go in the first, i'd guess

If he wins a bunch of games v top 10 teams playing like he did against SC he change a lot of minds.

CoMoChief 09-11-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9949282)

yup

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-11-2013 09:40 PM

Sounds too much like "Anne Murray".

Pass.

saphojunkie 09-13-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9964798)
Sounds too much like "Anne Murray".

Pass.

LMAO

just caught me right

saphojunkie 09-13-2013 05:22 PM

I just realized how badly I want us to draft Clinton-Dix.

Just so every tackle I can go:

http://cdn-static.zdnet.com/i/story/...lson-muntz.gif

jspchief 09-15-2013 09:28 AM

McCarron looks pretty pedestrian to me. The guy will probably end up on an NFL team and be a career #2, but he's just "ok" at everything.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-15-2013 01:26 PM

Jesus Manziel was such a ****ing douchewaffle yesterday. So glad those twerps lost.

Sorter 09-15-2013 10:15 PM

I've yet to watch the kid from UCLA but heard he was quite outstanding. Anyone get to watch him?

Frosty 09-16-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9982774)
I've yet to watch the kid from UCLA but heard he was quite outstanding. Anyone get to watch him?

Bugeater and Billay are probably still seeing him in their nightmares.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-16-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9926131)
I put enough energy into QB homework last season that I just can't bring myself to care this season.

My cursory view is that this class looks every bit as bad as last year's, but with a guy like Murray perhaps being a safer bet to be a steady QB than anyone in the 2012 class was. Bridgewater looks to have ability, but if Wilson and Geno have taught us anything it's that you have to watch for particular skills rather than performance and at this point I just haven't seen Bridgewater enough to offer a thought on him.

I'll be watching Mettenberger, I think. Logan Thomas is probably my favorite raw prospect in term of talent, but we'll see if the refinement catches up to it.

Yikes.

ChiefsCountry 09-17-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9982774)

He looked pretty good last year when I was watching Fauria play. Haven't got to see him this year.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-23-2013 11:06 AM

Any takes on Hogan?

Sorter 09-26-2013 01:09 AM

I'm bored and going to watch Hogan, UCLA, and Fales.

Buehler445 09-30-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9949192)
Updated rankings (again, keep in mind I haven't seen many play and haven't done any kind of evaluation. strictly off of limited, partial game observations)

1. Tahj Boyd
2. Teddy Bridgewater
3. Aaron Murray
4. Aj McCarron
5. Zach Mettenberger
6. David Fales
7. Stephen Morris
8. Brynn Renner
9. Logan Thomas
10. Devin Gardner

Boyd still at the top of your list? I haven't seen him this year, but last year I was intrigued. Not sure what I'd think if the Chiefs drafted him. I'm not sure I want my wagon hitched to a guy that relies so much on the run.

Still, think about the QB depth with Boyd on the roster:

Smith - savvy vet with a good head on his shoulders
Boyd - incredible athlete that can make plays with his legs
Bray - prototypical everything developmental guy.

RealSNR 10-19-2013 05:00 PM

Aaron Murray = Landry Jones

Sorter 10-19-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10035529)
Boyd still at the top of your list? I haven't seen him this year, but last year I was intrigued. Not sure what I'd think if the Chiefs drafted him. I'm not sure I want my wagon hitched to a guy that relies so much on the run.

Still, think about the QB depth with Boyd on the roster:

Smith - savvy vet with a good head on his shoulders
Boyd - incredible athlete that can make plays with his legs
Bray - prototypical everything developmental guy.

Boyd looks like the real deal.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 10-20-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10099812)
Boyd looks like the real deal.

Yes, he does. Lol

Sorter 10-21-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy is a Troll (Post 10100984)
Yes, he does. Lol

Just twist the dagger a little deeper. ROFL

RealSNR 10-22-2013 10:38 AM

I still like Boyd as a 1st rounder.

The one I don't get is Marcus Mariota. Some mocks have him going #1 overall now?

That's junk.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-22-2013 05:06 PM

Any chance we could pick up teh Tajh?

I know, I should just stop. Don't watch any tape, any reel, jack OR shit.

Just quit before I start.

But I can not. I want my 1st round/mid-2nd QB.

And I will nevar quit until I get him.

saphojunkie 10-22-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10114696)

I think this year is all about offensive playmakers, and QB won't be addressed until next year. But it WILL be addressed next year.

That's my take.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-22-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10114869)
I think this year is all about offensive playmakers, and QB won't be addressed until next year. But it WILL be addressed next year.

That's my take.

I swear if we start trying to draft Super Line, I am going to ****ing puke all over Andy's mixed plate.

Saccopoo 10-22-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10115606)
I swear if we start trying to draft Super Line, I am going to ****ing puke all over Andy's mixed plate.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1349208447

http://benchmarkitconsulting.com/wp-.../thumbs_up.jpg

spanky 52 10-23-2013 05:07 AM

I could see Jackson being the pick. Unless things go to hell in a hurry, the Chief's will be picking late in the first round. Andy likes to go linemen early.

ILChief 10-26-2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10114696)

Before the FSU game, Boyd was gonna go top ten. He sucked it up and now apparently he's a hardcore gambler so he may fall but he is a risk

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-26-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 10124191)
Before the FSU game, Boyd was gonna go top ten. He sucked it up and now apparently he's a hardcore gambler so he may fall but he is a risk

Good. We are too pussy to pick a legit prospect high, so keep the downward spiral trending!

O.city 10-26-2013 11:20 PM

Derrick Carr from Fresno state is interesting

O.city 11-02-2013 09:36 PM

D. Carr is on espnu right now.

Love to have him in the 3 round.

Canofbier 11-03-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10150389)
D. Carr is on espnu right now.

Love to have him in the 3 round.

I don't remember him being talked about as anything more than a late-rounder last year; am I wrong, or has he played very well this year?

Kingsburg#12 11-03-2013 09:07 AM

Derek Carr is a great kid, but nowhere near the talent of Bray. I have seen every Bray game since his High school sophomore year, and follow Carr because Fresno state is the local team. Carr and Bray were the 2 top HS QB's in the central valley. Bray at Kingsburg and Carr at Bakersfield Christian. Carr had the name and Fresno coach at the time Pat Hill locked him up early because he's David Carr's little Bro.
If you want solid character more than high ceiling, then Carr is your guy. If you want a guy with a ceiling like an open air stadium, you already have him on the roster. The college maturity bs has so far shown to be in his past.
Carr will be way better than Daniel but I 'd like to see him go to a team with better future opportunities for him.

Saccopoo 11-03-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 10150815)
I don't remember him being talked about as anything more than a late-rounder last year; am I wrong, or has he played very well this year?

Really no better than last year. In fact, his yards per attempt and overall QB rating is lower this year than it was last year.

You have to remember where you're at...

O.city 11-03-2013 11:06 AM

Sac, still looking at stats to determine a qbs worth.

Nice to see.

Saccopoo 11-03-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10151357)
Sac, still looking at stats to determine a qbs worth.

Nice to see.

What do you want me to say? He's the same guy as last year. I've watched him play a number of times.

He's a red shirt senior, three year starter in a QB friendly system and is putting up pretty good numbers.

He is what he is. He's not going to be a world beater and he's definitely not the same level of talent as his older brother. Derek Carr is the same type of QB that you see every single year in the draft. He's just a guy. If you want to talk about a guy with a much higher ceiling in the same conference, Chuckie Keeton should be the guy you are talking about (depending upon how he recovers from that shitty knee shot he took against BYU which blew out both his ACL and MCL.)

As well, I think that the Chiefs have a guy in Bray that has a substantially higher ceiling.

O.city 11-03-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10151423)
What do you want me to say? He's the same guy as last year. I've watched him play a number of times.

He's a red shirt senior, three year starter in a QB friendly system and is putting up pretty good numbers.

He is what he is. He's not going to be a world beater and he's definitely not the same level of talent as his older brother. Derek Carr is the same type of QB that you see every single year in the draft. He's just a guy. If you want to talk about a guy with a much higher ceiling in the same conference, Chuckie Keeton should be the guy you are talking about (depending upon how he recovers from that shitty knee shot he took against BYU which blew out both his ACL and MCL.)

As well, I think that the Chiefs have a guy in Bray that has a substantially higher ceiling.

I thought, from what I've watched, he has really good arm strength (up there with bray actually) good pocket presence, good mobility and great iq.

Round 3 is probably high, but he's a great piece of clay to mold in the later rounds.

Kingsburg#12 11-03-2013 12:02 PM

Carr's arm strength isn't even close to Bray 's or his big brother David' s. Physically Carr is a run of the mill QB. Best attribute appears to be his Character. I do root for him to have a better NFL experience than his brother. Being the Texas's first ever pick and having no line whatsoever didn't do David's career any favors.

O.city 11-09-2013 10:40 PM

So I'm watching Fresno st tonight, and cCarr absolutely has brays arm strength. He's a really good prospect

O.city 11-09-2013 11:20 PM

Also from looking around online and on twitter, thought seems to be Carr in the late 1-early3 range on Carr

Kingsburg#12 11-10-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10173047)
So I'm watching Fresno st tonight, and cCarr absolutely has brays arm strength. He's a really good prospect

It's not even close. Bray has as strong an arm as anyone in the NFL. Carr is about average.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-11-2013 07:11 PM

Seriously, tell me why Manziel is not even in the discussion. Is everybody retarted or is it me ???

Kingsburg#12 11-11-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 10179039)
Seriously, tell me why Manziel is not even in the discussion. Is everybody retarted or is it me ???

Manziel is Justin Bieber with an arm. He's short for an NFL QB and will be dependent on his mobility in order to have throwing lanes with tall NFL linemen. He has a clutch aspect that can't be taught. However, like all the other running QB's, he'll be injured often. Running QB's don't win championships. NFL defenses are pretty good at figuring them out. Kaepernick who has way more physical talent than Manziel is finding it difficult this year because defenses have adjusted to him.

Saccopoo 11-12-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Because he's white.

If he were a pocket passer, it would be one thing, but if you are going to put out another Vick or Griffin, nobody is going to buy that the dude is a honkie.

Sure, Fran Tarkenton, Steve Young and a host of others come to mind (let alone consider that Warren Moon and Doug Williams were pocket guys), but in this day and age, that's not going to fly.

Actually, in all seriousness, Manziel has shown an amazing ability to flat out ****ing ball. He absolutely toys with defenders and has an understanding of the field while on the move that I haven't seen since Fran Tarkenton. He's uncanny.

If a team needs a QB, he'd be the first guy on my list.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-12-2013 10:42 PM

That's "chicken-necked, rock-a-billy honky" to you.

Rausch 11-13-2013 04:36 AM

Quote:

Dude is even more of an immature ass than Bray...

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-13-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10183163)
Dude is even more of an immature ass than Bray...

Does an immature ass bray?

Kingsburg#12 11-13-2013 09:29 AM

Bray is growing up. Saw him at the Kingsburg HS Football game on Friday. He was with his family and girlfriend. It appears that she's having a positive effect on him.

Nightfyre 11-13-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingsburg#12 (Post 10183382)
Bray is growing up. Saw him at the Kingsburg HS Football game on Friday. He was with his family and girlfriend. It appears that she's having a positive effect on him.

Are you sure you are not tyler bray's near-relative trying to convince us he is our savior?

Kingsburg#12 11-13-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10185100)
Are you sure you are not tyler bray's near-relative trying to convince us he is our savior?

No, just a neighbor and a fan he doesn't know. It's a small town and everyone knows the family. The town barber has all the info on the HS football team past, present, and future.
Oh and he is the Chiefs savior.

Molitoth 11-14-2013 10:54 AM

I admit, I was a Johnny Manziel hater last year. The majority of his TD's seemed like running scores, and his passing didn't really impress me all that much. The hype vs his play led me to believe he was much over rated.

After watching him this year, he seems to have really stepped up his game. He just seems to have that IT factor. It should be interesting to see where he lands and follow his career. I'm starting to really like watching him play.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-17-2013 07:30 AM

Bryce Petty

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-17-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10193450)
Bryce Petty

And the Fart Breakers.

jspchief 11-17-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

So many things about him that go against what most NFL front offices want.

Not saying he can't be a good QB, but odds are against it.

Tribal Warfare 11-18-2013 09:32 PM

From what I've seen

1) Manziel

2) Mettenberger

3) Blake Bortles

Bewbies 11-20-2013 11:40 PM

When I watch Manziel am I the only one that sees him chuck horrible passes into traffic only to see his 10ft tall WR's come down with them every time?

He scares the shit out of me as a prospect. If those passes are what they look like his NFL career will be as long as Tebow. If those look terrible but are actually perfect throws where only his guy can get em, he's going to be an all time great....

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-21-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 10208667)
When I watch Manziel am I the only one that sees him chuck horrible passes into traffic only to see his 10ft tall WR's come down with them every time?

He scares the shit out of me as a prospect. If those passes are what they look like his NFL career will be as long as Tebow. If those look terrible but are actually perfect throws where only his guy can get em, he's going to be an all time great....

You should always be scared of prospects/CP Axl's

Canofbier 11-21-2013 09:13 AM

If Manziel falls to us (somewhere in the mid-late 20s, presumably), is there a chance that Dorsey pulls the trigger on him as he once did on Rodgers?

The dude brings drama, no question, but his instincts and athleticism are off the charts, and as others have mentioned, his passing game is underrated due to the excitement about his ability to run.

jd1020 11-21-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 10209027)
If Manziel falls to us (somewhere in the mid-late 20s, presumably), is there a chance that Dorsey pulls the trigger on him as he once did on Rodgers?

Dorsey did not pull a trigger on Rodgers...

Dorsey was a scout in GB.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 11-21-2013 12:14 PM

1. Manziel

Canofbier 11-21-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10209369)
Dorsey did not pull a trigger on Rodgers...

Dorsey was a scout in GB.

Check yoself. Dorsey was the director of college scouting during that period, so don't pretend that he didn't have anything less than a commanding influence on the Packers' drafts during his tenure there.

jd1020 11-21-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 10210788)
Check yoself. Dorsey was the director of college scouting during that period, so don't pretend that he didn't have anything less than a commanding influence on the Packers' drafts during his tenure there.

I'll check myself when you realize that Director of College Scouting does not equal General Manager.

There is no blueprint for how Dorsey drafts. All we know is that he spent 2 2nd round picks on Alex Smith (:doh!::banghead::facepalm:) and the Chiefs are yet again not likely to make a legitimate attempt at solidifying the most important position on the field.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-21-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10210813)
I'll check myself when you realize that Director of College Scouting does not equal General Manager.

There is no blueprint for how Dorsey drafts. All we know is that he spent 2 2nd round picks on Alex Smith (:doh!::banghead::facepalm:) and the Chiefs are yet again not likely to make a legitimate attempt at solidifying the most important position on the field.

Frankly, we don't KNOW how much Dorsey drafts. We DO know he's a ****ing stud in the FA market, so I'll put 2 and 2 together, and send Reid out for some ribs in the month of April.

ILChief 11-22-2013 06:15 AM

Do not want Mettenberger.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-25-2013 08:08 PM

Tyler Bray

ciaomichael 11-29-2013 09:42 AM

Don't fall for the "potential" of Logan Thomas. Believe me, as a VT fan I've seen him play plenty. Great physical specimen, but absolutely no football instincts. Has no touch on the ball - will fire a 100mph fastball to a receiver 5 yards away. Has absolutely no internal clock back in the pocket - will get nailed from his blind side every time. As far as accuracy, he'll look great for one game, but awful for the next 2 games. Has a terrible habit of sailing, overthrowing receivers. Personally committed 8 turnovers in back-to-back losses to Duke and Boston College. A project? Yes, but he was a project in college and as a 5th year senior hasn't really progressed since the day he stepped on campus.

Dante84 12-03-2013 10:37 PM

Welp, Mariota is out. Staying at Oregon.

Dante84 12-05-2013 06:21 PM

Welp, Petty is out. Staying at Baylor.

O.city 12-05-2013 10:11 PM

Everyone say it with me.

Derek Carr for governor

BryanBusby 12-06-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciaomichael (Post 10231878)
Don't fall for the "potential" of Logan Thomas. Believe me, as a VT fan I've seen him play plenty. Great physical specimen, but absolutely no football instincts. Has no touch on the ball - will fire a 100mph fastball to a receiver 5 yards away. Has absolutely no internal clock back in the pocket - will get nailed from his blind side every time. As far as accuracy, he'll look great for one game, but awful for the next 2 games. Has a terrible habit of sailing, overthrowing receivers. Personally committed 8 turnovers in back-to-back losses to Duke and Boston College. A project? Yes, but he was a project in college and as a 5th year senior hasn't really progressed since the day he stepped on campus.

Anyone who has actually watched him play and still believes in his potential should probably swallow toothpicks until they stop breathing.

He's terrible.

Saul Good 12-06-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10251744)
Anyone who has actually watched him play and still believes in his potential should probably swallow toothpicks until they stop breathing.

He's terrible.

He's Josh Freeman.

BryanBusby 12-07-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10252284)
He's Josh Freeman.

Logan Thomas wishes he was Josh Freeman

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-07-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9828020)
I thought it'd be interesting to track how our opinions change over the course of the year on these players, considering how quickly we were able to sour on Barkley and Tyler Wilson.

*Updated*

1. Teddy Bridgewater
2. Marcus Mariota
3. Zach Mettenberger
4. Johnny Manziel
5. Derek Carr
6. Tahj Boyd
7. Aaron Murray
8. AJ McCarron
9. Jimmy Garappolo
10. Brett Hundley

Disclaimer: I haven't watched very many of these players, so my ranking is flawed and more designed to get some names thrown out there for now.

Well, at least you're getting Manziel closer to where he really deserves to be.

Dayze 12-09-2013 08:09 AM

Where with McCarron go? I think a mid 2nd - 3rd.

McBeard 01-07-2014 03:10 PM

It's interesting that Manziel hasn't declared yet. I bet he is being projected as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. If he is all that and truly a first rounder, there is no reason he should go back to school. It will be interesting to see what happens but I.m thinking he goes back to school. He has a lot to prove in terms of maturity.

Saccopoo 01-07-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10251744)

He's terrible.

He's going to be a tight end at the next level. He was actually initially recruited to play the tight end position.

He's got scary level athleticism, is long and understands the passing game.

And it gives you a lot of options on offense.

Mav 01-07-2014 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBeard (Post 10353709)
It's interesting that Manziel hasn't declared yet. I bet he is being projected as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. If he is all that and truly a first rounder, there is no reason he should go back to school. It will be interesting to see what happens but I.m thinking he goes back to school. He has a lot to prove in terms of maturity.

I don't find it interesting. I find it to be Typical Johnny Manziel, I cant stand the spotlight, but I CANT BE OUT OF the spotlight behavior. He waited until after the BCS was over, made an announcement the day before, he is actually making the announcement so that he could be the center of attention.

This jackass, (no offense hog farmer) is going to end up in Cleveland at four.