ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games The Last of Us (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273501)

Dayze 06-21-2013 12:51 PM

wonder if I should pick this up tonight.

damnit.

CanadianChief 06-21-2013 12:57 PM

You guys get any promo's like this one in the States???

I preordered Last of Us for $59.99. They had a promo where if you want to return it for credit they would reimburse you the full amount minus $1 a day. In my case I picked it up on June 14th and returned it on June 20th. They ended up giving me $54 credit towards my PS4 preorder.

Love these kind of deals as I'm not much for online gaming or playing the game on varying levels of difficulty.

aturnis 06-21-2013 10:17 PM

How can they make any money doing that?

SnakeXJones 06-22-2013 12:54 AM

Beat it couple hours ago but goddamn this game was beautiful

The Franchise 06-22-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9768238)
How can they make any money doing that?

They're banking on you either forgetting about it until way later or taking forever to beat it. In his case....they got $60+ in cash up front and then gave him store credit. They aren't losing money on the deal.

In58men 06-22-2013 12:23 PM

I think I might put RDR down for this game.

notorious 06-22-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9766167)
Man, I want a ps3 just for this game. Wish I could get a cheap ps3

This.

A working PS3 is preferred.

CanadianChief 06-22-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9768707)
They're banking on you either forgetting about it until way later or taking forever to beat it. In his case....they got $60+ in cash up front and then gave him store credit. They aren't losing money on the deal.

That's pretty much it. They turn around and sell the used game for about $54.99 so they're always making money.

Sure-Oz 06-22-2013 11:04 PM

Playing through it now and man...freaks me out and has me on the edge of my seat waiting for something to come at me. This game is beautifully made so far...

BigBeauford 06-22-2013 11:28 PM

After playiglng this game, and seeing World War Z, I much prefer this experience/universe. Any thoughts?

Dayze 06-23-2013 12:24 PM

My wife picked this up out of the blue for me. Sweet. Hope to start it tonight.

QuikSsurfer 06-23-2013 08:25 PM

I'm 82% complete with the game according to my save file.
This has been one of the greatest games in story-telling that I've ever played.

Will replay on Survival or NG+... or both.

Dayze 06-24-2013 05:08 AM

My wife an I played it for about an hour last night. I can already tell its going to be a great game.

aturnis 06-24-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9772008)
My wife an I played it for about an hour last night. I can already tell its going to be a great game.

Your wife rocks.

Dayze 06-24-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9772486)
Your wife rocks.

yeah; she went to run some errands, and snagged a bunch of games I don't play any more, and stopped by Gamestop. woot.:clap:

CanadianChief 06-24-2013 01:09 PM

Anyone else find the smoke bombs a little useless? I probably only used them about 3 times but found I'd rather spend my resources on the regular bombs.

DC.chief 06-24-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 9772698)
Anyone else find the smoke bombs a little useless? I probably only used them about 3 times but found I'd rather spend my resources on the regular bombs.

I found them pretty useful. Course you could also go through the entire game and not use them once. Different play styles I guess. But basically if I wanted to conserve ammo or had a group of a couple people together I'd toss one in and then just run it and bash skulls. I have to imagine i'll be using them a lot more this time around since i'm playing survival difficulty. Survival Isn't very forgiving so far.

Dayze 06-24-2013 03:12 PM

it took me a good 10 minutes to figure out what the brick and bottles were used for lol. to distract, rather than throw AT the enemy.

I'd make a terrible SEAL.

BigBeauford 06-24-2013 04:23 PM

The bombs and Shivs were my bread and butter.

Dayze 06-24-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 9773075)
The bombs and Shivs were my bread and butter.

can you keep a shiv after you use it? it seemed last night that I'd use it, then I wouldn't have it any longer.

aturnis 06-24-2013 04:36 PM

Haven't played the game, but my understanding is that a shiv gets 3 uses before you "wear it out".

BigBeauford 06-24-2013 04:42 PM

Nope, the shiv starts at one use. There is a book you read that will get you 2 shiv uses. Also, some doors can be opened, consuming an entire shiv.

007 06-25-2013 09:25 PM

God damn this game is hard. I suck at stealth which doesn't help matters.

Sure-Oz 06-25-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9775855)
God damn this game is hard. I suck at stealth which doesn't help matters.

LOL, yeah ive played a few hours. Really hard...im used to barreling through and going all HAM like in Uncharted

007 06-25-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9775862)
LOL, yeah ive played a few hours. Really hard...im used to barreling through and going all HAM like in Uncharted

I'm at my first encounter with a group of clickers and runners and keep getting ganged up on and killed. I don't know how to get through this. And why the hell is Tess not helping me here?

BigBeauford 06-25-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9775869)
I'm at my first encounter with a group of clickers and watchers and keep getting ganged up on and killed. I don't know how to get through this. And why the hell is Tess not helping me here?

That part is tough, its almost better to go guns blazing there, take out the clicker first after the first guy.

007 06-25-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 9775874)
That part is tough, its almost better to go guns blazing there, take out the clicker first after the first guy.

Thats the problem though. I can never get the gun out they are on me so quick. Plus I only have 6 bullets because nobody drops ammo in this game at all.

BigBeauford 06-25-2013 09:33 PM

There should be a golf club there if you want to bash that clickers brains in.

007 06-25-2013 10:16 PM

Got through. I'm in the area with all the clickers now. Am I supposed to kill them all or find my way out of the room and leave them be? I'm out of shivs so I don't think I am supposed to kill them but can't find a way out of the room either.

aturnis 06-26-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9775970)
Got through. I'm in the area with all the clickers now. Am I supposed to kill them all or find my way out of the room and leave them be? I'm out of shivs so I don't think I am supposed to kill them but can't find a way out of the room either.

After a couple weeks waiting and all 5 copies being past due for days, I finally got my hands on a rental copy. Great game so far, amazing really. Loved the upside down moment. Just leaving Bill's church. Can't wait to get some more hours in.

007 06-26-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9776102)
After a couple weeks waiting and all 5 copies being past due for days, I finally got my hands on the a rental. Great game so far, amazing really. Loved the upside down moment. Just leaving Bill's church. Can't wait to get some more hours in.

upside down moment? I guess that is beyond where I am at.

Tribal Warfare 06-26-2013 01:27 AM

Ellen Page accuses 'The Last of Us' developers of 'ripping off' her likeness

Ellen Page, the actor starring alongside Willem Dafoe in Quantic Dream's upcoming video game Beyond: Two Souls, has hit out at another game for using her likeness without permission. Answering a Reddit AMA question on whether she was aware of Ellie, a major character in Naughty Dog's The Last of Us, Page said she wasn't happy about being the alleged source of inspiration.

"I guess I should be flattered that they ripped off my likeness," said Page. "But I am actually acting in a video game called Beyond: Two Souls, so it was not appreciated."

The Last of Us was first revealed in late 2011, several months before Page's role in Beyond: Two Souls was announced. The character of Ellie has changed appearance since the original incarnation, which drew immediate comparisons to Page at the time; Naughty Dog said last year that the alterations were made to bring the character more in line with actor Ashley Johnson.

Page, for her part, doesn't appear to hold much of a grudge, telling a Twitter user who commented on The Last of Us to direct praise in Johnson's direction.

007 06-26-2013 01:48 AM

Oh good grief.

CanadianChief 06-26-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9776119)
Ellen Page accuses 'The Last of Us' developers of 'ripping off' her likeness

Ellen Page, the actor starring alongside Willem Dafoe in Quantic Dream's upcoming video game Beyond: Two Souls, has hit out at another game for using her likeness without permission. Answering a Reddit AMA question on whether she was aware of Ellie, a major character in Naughty Dog's The Last of Us, Page said she wasn't happy about being the alleged source of inspiration.

"I guess I should be flattered that they ripped off my likeness," said Page. "But I am actually acting in a video game called Beyond: Two Souls, so it was not appreciated."

The Last of Us was first revealed in late 2011, several months before Page's role in Beyond: Two Souls was announced. The character of Ellie has changed appearance since the original incarnation, which drew immediate comparisons to Page at the time; Naughty Dog said last year that the alterations were made to bring the character more in line with actor Ashley Johnson.

Page, for her part, doesn't appear to hold much of a grudge, telling a Twitter user who commented on The Last of Us to direct praise in Johnson's direction.

I think the character Ellie looks and sounds just like her.

Now make the damn movie version....f!@# yeah!!!!!

CanadianChief 06-26-2013 07:12 AM

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...t2UAr18TUzEn9w

Dayze 06-26-2013 07:49 AM

I've noticed Tess is real eage for my ass to get out there and take care of things. But when the Shit hits the fan, her ass is convienently absent.

007 06-26-2013 09:05 PM

I can't get over how long it takes this game to load up.

CanadianChief 06-27-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9778473)
I can't get over how long it takes this game to load up.

Yeah...I thought there was something wrong with my PS3 at first.

It's worth the wait though.

SnakeXJones 06-27-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 9776230)
I think the character Ellie looks and sounds just like her.

Now make the damn movie version....f!@# yeah!!!!!

I can really see Josh Brolin as Joel

CanadianChief 06-28-2013 01:36 PM

Anyone passed this game on normal and then tried out Survival mode???

Do you know if any of your attributes or weapons carry over? I read somewhere that your listening mode is completely disabled on Survival Mode.

Tribal Warfare 06-28-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 9776232)

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17mw.../ku-xlarge.jpghttp://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17mw.../ku-xlarge.jpg

007 06-28-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 9781848)

Do you know if any of your attributes or weapons carry over? I read somewhere that your listening mode is completely disabled on Survival Mode.

I won't even get to give survival a chance. I'm doing well to stay alive on easy. Yes, I suck but at least I am having fun.

QuikSsurfer 06-28-2013 05:33 PM

I beat the game on Hard.. Unlocked survival mode but I want to new game + and I can only select the ones I've beaten the game on (not survival)
:(

DC.chief 06-28-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 9781848)

I just started survival and yeah you don't get listening mode at all. It definitely changes things. I've received a couple surprise beat downs already. I'm not far in though. Don't think anything carries over either

BigBeauford 06-28-2013 06:41 PM

If anyone is interested, they have Seth Rogen playing the first 15 minutes of this game on IGN.

SomeRandomGirl 06-29-2013 11:28 AM

Ok so we've just arrived "west" and I'm still so in love with this game. The graphics, the zombies, the hardness, the story, everything. Quickly becoming one of my favorites, which is not surprising as Uncharted was in the top slot for the last 6-7 years or so. Anyone know how far into the play this part is?

QuikSsurfer 06-29-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeRandomGirl (Post 9783474)
Ok so we've just arrived "west" and I'm still so in love with this game. The graphics, the zombies, the hardness, the story, everything. Quickly becoming one of my favorites, which is not surprising as Uncharted was in the top slot for the last 6-7 years or so. Anyone know how far into the play this part is?

Why not look at your game save file and see your percentage complete?

BigBeauford 06-29-2013 02:01 PM

Anyone else on the multiplayer? I am crazy addicted, currently on Week 5, Day 2 with 48 survivors.

SomeRandomGirl 06-29-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9783679)
Why not look at your game save file and see your percentage complete?

Well that would just be way too simple.

... I'm at 68%.

Bowser 06-30-2013 04:15 PM

I've always been perfectly content with my 360.

Until now.

aturnis 06-30-2013 04:22 PM

Just finished the game. Amazing. It just got better and better. The story was fantastic, characters were developed wonderfully, and there were plenty of VERY intense moments.

I played on Hard the first time through. Early on I questioned my decision, but once I got the hang of dealing with the infected, it was the perfect degree of difficulty to keep me engrossed. There were definitely times where I didn't think I had an ample arsenal to complete an encounter, but I survived. The game made me push multiple aspects of my play, most notably, strategy. Bottom line, "Game of the Year" for current gen consoles. I'm disappointed that I've finished.

aturnis 06-30-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9785203)
I've always been perfectly content with my 360.

Until now.

You've missed out on Uncharted too. Same developer, amazing series, just not quite on the level of "The Last of Us". Which makes sense, b/c ultimately, it's the development of that series that got them to this game. Very, very similar. Just different subject matter, and not quite the story line.

DC.chief 07-01-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 9783729)
Anyone else on the multiplayer? I am crazy addicted, currently on Week 5, Day 2 with 48 survivors.

Yeah I've played some of it. Think i'm on week 4 and like 50 something survivors. Add me if you want - Tytunn

Dayze 07-01-2013 07:34 AM

been a busy week last week at work; I'm wanting to get back on a play this week.

curious to see how/what's involved with MP.

CanadianChief 07-01-2013 10:13 AM

Playing on Survivor mode now. Just made it to Bills Town. Thanks for the two bullets and brick to fight off numerous enemies!!!

It's tough that's for sure.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-03-2013 08:02 AM

This might be one of the best games on a console I've ever played\seen.

L.A. Chieffan 07-04-2013 12:52 AM

Awesome game. Finished it today. Groundbreaking really. Developers are going to have a hard time beating its cinematic qualities.

Gonzo 07-04-2013 10:44 AM

I've beat it on easy, normal and hard now. I don't think I'll have the skills needed for survival... Lol
The multiplayer is pretty damn cool but I get a little tired of every multiplayer being pretty much the same type of thing.

QuikSsurfer 07-04-2013 12:49 PM

I've been playing the MP for a few hours now... pretty good. Love having good teammates with mics... Still only on Week 1 Day 4 with 21 survivors.

CanadianChief 07-04-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9792479)
I've been playing the MP for a few hours now... pretty good. Love having good teammates with mics... Still only on Week 1 Day 4 with 21 survivors.

What's the whole purpose of the MP???? Worth playing after finishing Surviror Mode??

Mother****erJones 07-05-2013 11:28 AM

I get my PS3 and Last of Us game today. Look forward to playing the shit out of it

SomeRandomGirl 07-05-2013 11:12 PM

We finished the game two nights ago and I can absolutely say this was the best game on this console. I loved it.

So husband and I were discussing if we thought there would be / could be a sequel. I think there could be, he doesn't seem to think so. In terms of story, I could see it working.

I just restarted it last night. Can't wait to go back through.

SnakeXJones 07-05-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeRandomGirl (Post 9794578)
We finished the game two nights ago and I can absolutely say this was the best game on this console. I loved it.

So husband and I were discussing if we thought there would be / could be a sequel. I think there could be, he doesn't seem to think so. In terms of story, I could see it working.

I just restarted it last night. Can't wait to go back through.

I can see a sequel but without Joel and Ellie though as naughty Dog's said this story is over for them but I really am interested in how the Fireflies was founded and formed

Mother****erJones 07-05-2013 11:43 PM

I can't wait to play this tomorrow. I'm playing Splinter Cell conviction tonight because I work in the morning. I want all tomorrow night to play The Last of Us

SuperChief 07-07-2013 11:12 PM

So, so good. An incredibly gripping story backed with intuitive, downright fun gameplay made for an awesome playing experience. Few games make me say "wow" out loud during play - this one did.

I didn't think Naughty Dog had it in 'em!

Mother****erJones 07-07-2013 11:49 PM

Just started playing. Played for about 2 hours and if I didn't have to work tomorrow I'd still be playing. Really fun. It does "wow" me. Fantastic game. Can't wait to play more

aturnis 07-08-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 9797916)
So, so good. An incredibly gripping story backed with intuitive, downright fun gameplay made for an awesome playing experience. Few games make me say "wow" out loud during play - this one did.

I didn't think Naughty Dog had it in 'em!

You didn't play the Uncharted series?

SuperChief 07-08-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9797985)
You didn't play the Uncharted series?

I did not, but it looks like now I'm going to have to!

007 07-08-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 9798397)
I did not, but it looks like now I'm going to have to!

Dude, you have no idea what you are missing then. Just wait until you get to take down a helicopter with a grenade launcher.

L.A. Chieffan 07-08-2013 12:09 PM

Anybody playing multi player?

SuperChief 07-08-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9798561)
Dude, you have no idea what you are missing then. Just wait until you get to take down a helicopter with a grenade launcher.

Is this something that I should start from the beginning? Or does it matter?

007 07-08-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 9798634)
Is this something that I should start from the beginning? Or does it matter?

yes and no. While they all are a stand alone story, they do kind of tie together.

I would definitely play Drakes Fortune first though. After that it doesn't really matter which order you play 2 and 3 in.

Mother****erJones 07-08-2013 04:54 PM

What are some other ps3 games I should play? I'm on last of us now, I've had xbox 360 since launch. I'm gona get PS+ soon for ps3 & 4.

BigBeauford 07-08-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9798570)
Anybody playing multi player?

Add me: ValBrandon

Mother****erJones 07-08-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 9799328)
Add me: ValBRAYdon

FYP:thumb:

aturnis 07-08-2013 08:46 PM

God of War, Infamous.

Mother****erJones 07-08-2013 11:04 PM

Love this game although at time Tess and Ellie get up your ass when your trying to hide

007 07-08-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9800216)
Love this game although at time Tess and Ellie get up your ass when your trying to hide

Yeah, that kills me. Ellie keeps popping me out of my spot. Annoying as hell.

CanadianChief 07-09-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9800235)
Yeah, that kills me. Ellie keeps popping me out of my spot. Annoying as hell.

They need to have a push option where you can shove her out of hiding and use her as bait!!!!

Dayze 07-09-2013 08:49 AM

or she's like 'Hey....go out there and check things out".

then you go into a buzz saw unexpectedly; look back for some help from her, and the bitch aint nowhere to be found.