ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The one thing we can look forward to: the league's best OL. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272750)

Chief Roundup 05-04-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9655276)
3 of the top 5 have something in common.......

What is it the 3 have in common?
Only 2 teams have elite QBs. Only two teams have both starting tackles drafted in the 1st round. By the way those 2 were in the SB last year.

ChiefsCountry 05-04-2013 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9655467)
Unless you happen to be the Ravens and 49ers....

McKinnie: pick 7
Oher: pick 23

Staley: pick 28
Davis: pick 7

Anthony Davis was the 11th pick not 7.

Chief Roundup 05-04-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9655859)

when we have a franchise QB,

When will you stubborn people remember there wasn't a franchise QB in this draft.
GET IT!!!! GOOD Now STFD and STFU!!!!!!!!

Chief Roundup 05-04-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9655961)
how am i a homer, commenting on a former jets defensive coach? lol

All im saying is that you have to give the guy a chance to run his own scheme before you bang on him.

Not that worthless **** he didn't get his way so he is still showing the sand in his vag.

ChiliConCarnage 05-04-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9656443)
Wait wait wait... the next thing your gonna tell me is that all of those teams drafted a LT in the first round. You really got me....

I thought it was pretty obvious sarcasm. I laughed a bit when I saw Fat Elvis responded to you; I think some people are in such a hurry to attack that they don't think. Similar to the people who clearly read the title of a thread and respond without reading any of the OP

ChiefRocka 05-04-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9655987)
Gonna be fun to watch. With Reid, I expect some insane screen passes involving Jamaal Charles. I'm talking, 40-50+ yarders multiple times during the year.

I'm expecting one per game. JC is nasty fast.

I may take him with my #1 pick in fantasy.

BlackHelicopters 05-04-2013 07:37 AM

"Did you make the playoffs?"
'No, but our O Line was top five.'

Chiefshrink 05-04-2013 07:41 AM

What's the latest on Hudson ? I have read here that his injury is a lot more serious than expected and that is why they wanted Lilja back. His Hudson going to be ready? Did they talk Lilja into coming back to play center? Or is Kush our guy out of the gate? Because we can't be 'iffy' at center.:shake:

Chiefshrink 05-04-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9656455)

Your thinking is right on especially if you are picking mid to late in the first rd.

BlackHelicopters 05-04-2013 07:44 AM

I am not an expert on O Lines, but let me call a buddy, and we will see what he says.............

Chris Meck 05-04-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9656494)
"Did you make the playoffs?"
'No, but our O Line was top five.'

No way a top five O line doesn't make the playoffs.

If you think Priest Holmes was just suddenly awesome when he was real average in Baltimore....and that Trent Green was amazing when he'd only been pretty average-ish in Washington (but looked good in PRESEASON prior to the knee injury in St. Louis) yer nuts.

Willie Freakin' Roaf, Will Shields, Casey Wiegmann, Brian Waters. Those guys made all that happen.

No, they didn't win a Super bowl, because we had no defense at all.

BlackHelicopters 05-04-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9656510)

If you think Priest Holmes was just suddenly awesome when he was real average in Baltimore....and that Trent Green was amazing when he'd only been pretty average-ish in Washington (but looked good in PRESEASON prior to the knee injury in St. Louis) yer nuts.

Willie Freakin' Roaf, Will Shields, Casey Wiegmann, Brian Waters. Those guys made all that happen.

Two of last years top five didn't make the playoffs. See: Browns and Jets. Your point again?

MTG#10 05-04-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9656516)
Two of last years top five didn't make the playoffs. See: Browns and Jets. Your point again?

Browns and jets O-line's werent half as good as Roaf, Waters, Wiegmann, Shields, and Tait. That was an all-world O-line, probably the best in NFL history. I agree though, even if we do have a "top 5" line it still wont compare to what we had under Vermeil and doesnt guarantee us anything. I think Jamaal is a LOT better than Priest, but I also think Trent was a lot better than Alex is or ever will be.

AussieChiefsFan 05-04-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9656455)

This. Especially with good fantasy QBs being real plentyful.

Chiefshrink 05-04-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

This 1,000,000 X !!

Trent and Priest were talented and smart enough to take advantage for sure and had far away plenty to win the SB but our defense was stuck at the college level. No one and I mean NO ONE could stop our offense those yrs 2002-05 regardless. King Carl DID by not building our D correctly thinking the 'slow pitch softball type of offensive scoring mentality' in the NFL would suffice even in the playoffs:rolleyes:

-King- 05-04-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Tell that to the Jets and the Browns.
Posted via Mobile Device

Imon Yourside 05-04-2013 09:21 AM

Objection: assumes facts not in evidence.

milkman 05-04-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Willie Roaf was clearly a difference maker at LT, which is far more rare than people make it out to be, but Priest Holmes started beasting in his first season with the Chiefs, the year before Roaf joined the Chiefs.

And Trent Green was outstanding in relief for Kurt Warner in St Louis the year prior to coming to KC.

Direckshun 05-04-2013 10:33 AM

The power lineup.

Matchup problems everywhere.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1354

Nightfyre 05-04-2013 10:35 AM

What if we put Schwartz in at full back? LMAO

Direckshun 05-04-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9656741)
What if we put Schwartz in at full back? LMAO

Why the **** not.

Just Passin' By 05-04-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9655807)
Let's not forget the way the Raiders DL has raped our OL the last few years. It sucks ass, we used to dominate those assholes. It used to be a given that we beat the Raiders twice a year.

Is that going to stop this season?

The Raiders let Kelly and Seymour go. They should be a better matchup for the Chiefs now, as far as the interior of the line goes, anyway.

Just Passin' By 05-04-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9656516)

The Jets weren't a top 5 O-Line.

PFF sucks.

There you go.

R8RFAN 05-04-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9656764)
The Raiders let Kelly and Seymour go. They should be a better matchup for the Chiefs now, as far as the interior of the line goes, anyway.

This year you are probably right , Matt Shaughnessy is the one I miss the most... Kelly was overrated big time and Seymour was on the bench hurt to much as of late.

WhawhaWhat 05-04-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9656453)
I thought it was pretty obvious sarcasm. I laughed a bit when I saw Fat Elvis responded to you; I think some people are in such a hurry to attack that they don't think. Similar to the people who clearly read the title of a thread and respond without reading any of the OP

Pessimists at best. Probably naysayers.

mcaj22 05-04-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

yea but you are literally comparing an offensive line full of hall of famers to a current line that HAS NO HALL OF FAMERS ON IT. Who on this current line is even close to the caliber of the line Trent Green/Priest had? Albert? LOL. Geoff Schwartz is a nobody injury prone 7th round pick. What have Jeff Allen/Donald Stephenson/Rodney Hudson done it to warrant their pick value let alone be compared to hall of fame offensive lineman? Jon Asomoah is literally just a guy. Every team in the NFL has a Jon Asomoah on their team. Even the crappy o-lines. The closest thing to a hall of famer we COULD(key word here) have is Eric Fisher, and that's because he was picked 1 overall and better live up to the type.

It's disrespectful to talk about that early 00s line with this current offensive line that has done absolutely nothing but prove to be unproductive unknowns for where they were picked.

Hammock Parties 05-04-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Did you forget 2002, 2004 and 2005?

Chiefs had a badass line and didn't make the playoffs. Roofles!

-King- 05-04-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9656710)
Willie Roaf was clearly a difference maker at LT, which is far more rare than people make it out to be, but Priest Holmes started beasting in his first season with the Chiefs, the year before Roaf joined the Chiefs.

And Trent Green was outstanding in relief for Kurt Warner in St Louis the year prior to coming to KC.

Holmes was also pretty damn good his last season in Baltimore IIRC.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 05-04-2013 01:27 PM

This offensive line should be absolutely dominant from the get go.

A first overall pick
A mid first rounder (that we traded up for)
Two mid second rounders
Two third rounders

Just on investment alone, that should be the Ferrari of offensive lines.

BossChief 05-04-2013 01:30 PM

I bet as far as draft value points go, the Chiefs have more invested in OL draft picks than any team in history. If not, I bet it's close.

Nightfyre 05-04-2013 01:31 PM

Just think how much we have invested in our D-line, only to be disappointed.

Jackson, Dorsey, Poe, Bailey, Magee, McBride, Tyler.... The list goes on and on...

Direckshun 05-04-2013 01:40 PM

Well if we're not going to invest in QB, we need to invest even more in DL.

If you have the QB you need, you cannot stop investing in DL. It should honestly be at LEAST one of your top three picks every year. (This would include OLB.)

Which is why the 2013 draft is so disappointing to me.

I would have drafted (with armed with the knowledge that all of the QBs in this draft blow goats):

1. Star Lotulelei
3. Damontre Moore
3. Quinton Patton

Stick Star at nose. Have Dontari battle it out with Tyson Jackson for RDE.

BossChief 05-04-2013 01:40 PM

Can someone post a list of the 2 quarterbacks that were drafted after each of those DL picks were?

Who did we pass on?

Direckshun 05-04-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9657054)
Well if we're not going to invest in QB, we need to invest even more in DL.

If you have the QB you need, you cannot stop investing in DL. It should honestly be at LEAST one of your top three picks every year. (This would include OLB.)

Which is why the 2013 draft is so disappointing to me.

I would have drafted (with armed with the knowledge that all of the QBs in this draft blow goats):

1. Star Lotulelei
3. Damontre Moore
3. Quinton Patton

Stick Star at nose. Have Dontari battle it out with Tyson Jackson for RDE.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1355

RunKC 05-04-2013 01:46 PM

If we have a top 5 OL we're making the playoffs. It will mean that Charles will go off and Alex Smith is at the very least be a good quality QB like he was with SF with their top OL.

The difference is we have a good enough defense help us out unlike the DV days when they were one of the worst in NFL history.

O.city 05-04-2013 01:48 PM

There is no excuse for smith not to play well, with what we have invested up front and the weapons around him.

No where to hide for him

Direckshun 05-04-2013 01:49 PM

Yeah -- to be fair, Alex Smith has only played well behind a great OL.

Not good, but great.

Which we're on the verge of putting on the field.

Direckshun 05-04-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9657074)
There is no excuse for smith not to play well, with what we have invested up front and the weapons around him.

No where to hide for him

That too.

We have a Top 5 run game, a Top 5 line, and enough receiving talent at TE and WR for him to use.

If Smith cannot get this going in the right direction, then we need to sell out for a QB.

Hammock Parties 05-04-2013 01:52 PM

Here's our PFF ratings compared to the other lines.

1st: 49ers

TOTAL: 136.9

2nd: Patriots

TOTAL: 102.8

3rd: Jets

TOTAL: 56.3

4th: Broncos

TOTAL: 78.7

5th: Cleveland Browns

TOTAL: 51.5

Chiefs:

19.2 (Schwartz's last full season)
X - Fisher

If we assume Fisher can play as well as Kalil did last year (15.8) that puts us at 68.4.

O.city 05-04-2013 01:56 PM

With a competent qb behind them, I'm really looking for good things up front. Albert and fisher should lock down the edges.

I like asamoah a lot . Hudson needs to progress though

RunKC 05-04-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9657074)

No where to hide for him

Yup, unless we get destroyed by injuries.

Direckshun 05-04-2013 02:00 PM

Folks that live and breathe PFF shit like Clay know exactly how horrible Cassel made this OL look.

We had a good OL in 2012, folks. And it just got way more juiced up.

The thing holding it back was the utter incompetence of Matt Cassel (and later, Brady Quinn).

Alex Smith is serviceable. That alone is going to make things look like a magic spell just auto-tuned the OL into amazing.

mcaj22 05-04-2013 02:03 PM

lol at Schwartz, a 7th round pick or whatever he was, having a better PFF score than all those overrated 2nd and 3rd round o-line picks we have made the last 4 years

how ****ing pathetic

Hammock Parties 05-04-2013 02:03 PM

Whoa there, kemosabe.

Alex Smith makes lines look worse just like Matt Cassel, let's not forget that.

AdumbGuy 05-04-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9655840)
You seem like... a dumb guy.

you can read my username? My goodness, you are by far one of the top 3 smartest spatulas I have ever encountered.

mlyonsd 05-04-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9657090)
Folks that live and breathe PFF shit like Clay know exactly how horrible Cassel made this OL look.

The thing holding it back was the utter incompetence of Matt Cassel (and later, Brady Quinn).

Alex Smith is serviceable. That alone is going to make things look like a magic spell just auto-tuned the OL into amazing.

I think you have to add Daboll into the turd bowl.

mcaj22 05-04-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9657090)

Alex Smith still took 44 sacks behind the best o-line in the NFL

he will take 50+ behind this Chiefs o-line I dont care how much you want to hype up a young inexperience o-line. Alex Smith needs to play behind 5 pro bowlers to even be competent.

I think this o-line will and could be very good, though inexperienced. But Alex Smith will still make them look bad by taking a ****load of sacks

O.city 05-04-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9657089)
Yup, unless we get destroyed by injuries.

That's an excuse.

Even if a tackle or g gets hurt, we have two talented guys to come in.

Like I said, it's up to Alex either way

RunKC 05-04-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9657105)
That's an excuse.

Even if a tackle or g gets hurt, we have two talented guys to come in.

Like I said, it's up to Alex either way

If Bowe gets hurt, we're ****ed.

mcaj22 05-04-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9657108)
If Bowe gets hurt, we're ****ed.

oh what dont trust those 1st and 2nd round pick "WRs" to live up to their draft value?

well I never....

Setsuna 05-04-2013 03:31 PM

So having not played one down in the NFL, Eric Fisher now makes this the best OL in the NFL? That's a statement hanging by a thread in the wind if I've ever seen one.

Setsuna 05-04-2013 03:33 PM

I'm going to look up what round those teams drafted their RT/LT to confirm how bad a move that is.

Edit: Ok so the Jets and the Browns are the only 2 teams listed that drafted OTs in the top 5. The rest were drafted in the 1st round or 2nd round still but outside the top 10 in the 1st. So the 2 that drafted in the top 5 have been bad of late. This probably doesn't prove anything but it's still interesting. Also the same 2 don't have QBs, that is a constant.

RunKC 05-04-2013 04:26 PM

Another thing to add is that Kelce was known as the best blocking TE in the draft and Reid said Wilson was the best blocking FB in the nation too.

I'm sure those guys will most definitely help.

mcaj22 05-04-2013 04:28 PM

all these good blockers in place to still watch Alex Smith drop to the ground 40+ times because he sucks

Direckshun 05-04-2013 05:02 PM

Kelce was definitely NOT known as the best blocking TE in the draft.

Mav 05-04-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9657095)
Whoa there, kemosabe.

Alex Smith makes lines look worse just like Matt Cassel, let's not forget that.

Shut up. Where was the 49ers oline ranked in 2011? They were still top 5 idiot.....

THey were the number one rushing offense in football last year with alex smith at qb. You have such hate for alex smith that you just tell lies, just to tell lies. Quite comical.....

MTG#10 05-04-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9657366)
Shut up. Where was the 49ers oline ranked in 2011? They were still top 5 idiot.....

THey were the number one rushing offense in football last year with alex smith at qb. You have such hate for alex smith that you just tell lies, just to tell lies. Quite comical.....

He meant Alex makes O-lines look worse at pass protection because he takes so many sacks

Mav 05-04-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9657248)
all these good blockers in place to still watch Alex Smith drop to the ground 40+ times because he sucks

and look, thats only half as many times as your mom drops to her knees in a given weekend.

Yeah, your takes are so ****ing stupid, im resulting to your mom sucks plenty of dicks jokes......

Mav 05-04-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9657372)
He meant Alex makes O-lines look worse at pass protection because he takes so many sacks

It is true, but thats because and this was said publicly by greg roman, that they had instructed alex smith that if it wasnt there to throw it away, or to take a sack. Thats the thing with Alex. He will do whatever the coaches ask him to do. Now, if things dont go to script, thats when he will eff up. He cant improvise for shit.

MTG#10 05-04-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9657379)
Now, if things dont go to script, thats when he will eff up. He cant improvise for shit.

Great. We gave up almost a 1st and a 2nd for a game-managing QB that holds on to the ball too long and cant improvise for shit. And did you ever wonder why they told him to do that? Because they didn't trust him not to turn it over.

Mav 05-04-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9657382)
Great. We gave up almost a 1st and a 2nd for a game-managing QB that holds on to the ball to long and cant improvise for shit.

as opposed to qbs who turned the ball over 37 times? You would rather have that?

anyway, here is an article on it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...sacks-to-picks

Alex Smith has been sacked 51 times since the start of 2011. We're talking about David Carr numbers here. But unlike the Carr-era Houston Texans, the San Francisco 49ers advanced to the NFC Championship Game last season and are now the early Super Bowl favorite.

Schein Nine: Alex Smith, NFL star

Adam Schein heaps praise upon underappreciated 49ers QB Alex Smith and provides three upset picks for Week 3. More ...

Smith and San Francisco have a simple philosophy -- sacks are better than interceptions.

"Obviously, you don't want to take sacks, but sometimes it's not the end of the world," Smith told The Associated Press. "You watch Aaron Rodgers play, a guy that takes a lot of sacks, but he also makes a lot of plays with his feet, keeps plays alive. There is some give and take there with not just forcing balls and getting rid of the ball."

Smith has thrown the fewest interceptions of any quarterback since the beginning of last season. He holds the team regular-season record with 216 attempts without a pick. That would be 284 including the playoffs.

"If your ultimate goal is to keep your stats low in sacks, then he needs to get rid of the ball," 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman said. "Our ultimate goal is to win games, and you don't lose games getting sacks. You lose games by turning the ball over and not scoring enough points.

"There's some times where you quantify a sack as a smart sack for a quarterback, at least we would."

Can't argue with Roman. You'd rather take a sack than blindly throw into coverage to avoid it. What amazes me, still, is we're talking about Alex Smith. The same Alex Smith who threw 53 interceptions in 50 starts before 2011.

Keep doing your thing, late bloomer.

Direckshun 05-04-2013 05:59 PM

Kind of a "Moneyball" approach to football, I'd say. Bill James shit.

Mav 05-04-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9657414)

they truly believe that if you dont turn the ball over you will win. That is the first thing the taught alex smith. Dont turn the ball over, if it aint there, eat it, every possession should end in a kick. It was something that 49er fans didnt understand. And still dont......

Spott 05-04-2013 06:50 PM

The Oline won't be able to overcome the suck that is Alice Smith.

mcaj22 05-04-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9657414)

how is this a moneyball approach

this is the exact opposite of moneyball, this is one of the highest paid rosters in the entire league. they ****ing better produce.

Hammock Parties 05-04-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9657366)

What?

You can't even comprehend what I'm trying to say.

The 49ers had a great offensive line two years running.

And yet, Alex Smith was the MOST SACKED QUARTERBACK IN FOOTBALL.

Because his pocket presence stinks like your posts.

Mecca 05-04-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9657549)
The Oline won't be able to overcome the suck that is Alice Smith.

In comparison to Cassel they'll think he's awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 05-04-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9657642)
In comparison to Cassel they'll think he's awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

Smith played behind a better OL and was sacked more.

While playing with leads, and a better running game.

How is that even possible?

milkman 05-04-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9657000)
Holmes was also pretty damn good his last season in Baltimore IIRC.
Posted via Mobile Device

He had a 1000+ yard season in '98 or '99, but he was in a system that he was not a good fit for.

milkman 05-04-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9657437)
they truly believe that if you dont turn the ball over you will win. That is the first thing the taught alex smith. Dont turn the ball over, if it aint there, eat it, every possession should end in a kick. It was something that 49er fans didnt understand. And still dont......

You can win a shit ton of games by playing ground control, clock control, and defense, and minimizing mistakes.

You win championships with playmakers making plays.

The most important playmaker is QB.

Alex Smith will win games.

Alex Smith will never win championships.

Exoter175 05-04-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9655276)
3 of the top 5 have something in common.......

4 of 5 have been the playoffs recently
3 of 5 are division champs
2 of 5 have HoF QB's
1 of 5 has a young up and comer QB
1 of 5 drafted a QB WELL AHEAD of his value because they wanted to take a chance and failed.

Rasputin 05-04-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9657786)
You can win a shit ton of games by playing ground control, clock control, and defense, and minimizing mistakes.

And this is why I hate Alex Smith :#

WhawhaWhat 05-04-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9657839)
And this is why I hate Alex Smith :#

Because of something he hasn't done in the future. Good work.

Exoter175 05-04-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Aren't the 49ers two time divisional champions with Alex Smith as their opening day starter?

I mean, without his injury last year, Kaepernick doesn't take over Alex Smith's spot, because Alex Smith was on fire last year when he went down.

I don't want to take away from harbaugh here, because he put a solid team together and coached them well, and deserves the credit, but he won two divisional championships with Alex Smith as his starting QB.

I see no reason why we couldn't do that here with a very similar offense in a less competitive division.

Hammock Parties 05-04-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9657865)
Aren't the 49ers two time divisional champions with Alex Smith as their opening day starter?

JUST LIKE STEVEN BONO!

milkman 05-04-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

I mean, without his injury last year, Kaepernick doesn't take over Alex Smith's spot, because Alex Smith was on fire last year when he went down.

I don't want to take away from harbaugh here, because he put a solid team together and coached them well, and deserves the credit, but he won two divisional championships with Alex Smith as his starting QB.

I see no reason why we couldn't do that here with a very similar offense in a less competitive division.

Don't give a rat's ass about division championships.

mlyonsd 05-04-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

So far the same can be said for Kapernick.

milkman 05-04-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9657922)
So far the same can be said for Kapernick.

Alex Smith is an efficient game manager.

Colin Kaepernick is a dynamic playmaker.

BigCatDaddy 05-04-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

What is your definition of "on fire"?

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-04-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Jesus...I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Posted via Mobile Device