ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Let's talk about "true fans" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272743)

BigCatDaddy 05-03-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9655135)

Holy shit. You just nailed a lot of the board with that one.

ChiliConCarnage 05-03-2013 01:04 PM

I'm a 4. Not because I want to be but I've been a Chiefs/Royals fan my whole life and they've never done anything so it's hard to imagine that dynamic truly changing. I was alive when the Royals won but I wasn't old enough to get anything from it.

All I've known is the pure hellish torture of perpetual losing with no hope.

Ebolapox 05-03-2013 01:06 PM

I put myself down as a naysayer, but depending on the day and how good a mood I'm in, I'm anywhere from 3-5.

ChiliConCarnage 05-03-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Do you believe that guards and right tackles should be taken with top five picks?

Do you believe that a quarterback is best served as a game manager?
LMAO uh oh Dorseys a true fan

Bearcat 05-03-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Nailed it. LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9655139)
I guess my point of this thread is that the type of people you describe in that thread largely don't exist on ChiefsPlanet.

Not sure how I feel about this statement... there are a lot of fans who talk about simply making the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6 like it's some significant accomplishment, those who don't seem to understand that the upside to finding the next great QB is worth possibly drafting a couple of turds, and those who talk about needing to protect the QB like it's a one way street and a QB can't possibly be successful without a great line (as opposed to a QB making his O-Line look better than they really are).

However, like you said in the OP, it's become cliché, and not everyone who's giving Alex Smith a chance necessarily agrees with every retread move they've ever made and not everyone who falls into group 2 or even 3 is a true fan, by definition.

Lex Luthor 05-03-2013 01:16 PM

I was tempted to declare myself balanced, but I think I'm probably an optimist.

I AM an optimist. I don't blame Reid and Dorsey for the failings of Jack Steadman, Jim Schaaf, Carl Peterson, Scott *****, Frank Gansz, Herm, Gunther, Romeo, or Todd Haley. With each new regime comes new hope, and each new regime deserves the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. When a single game has not been played yet, it's WAY too early for anyone to pass judgment.

Marcellus 05-03-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9655149)
Holy shit. You just nailed a lot of the board with that one.

Horseshit.

Some of you guys are missing the entire point of the OP.

Which I suppose is to be expected.

wazu 05-03-2013 01:29 PM

I used to be a relentless #1 homer and true fan. That all came to an end one night in Arrowhead in the Denver playoff game. The one that Rich Gannon watched from the sidelines, prior to moving to Oakland and becoming the league MVP. Since then I've bounced between 3 and 4, and was tilting into "5" this past season. Now firmly at 4. Reid/Dorsey don't seem all that savvy to me so far.

AdumbGuy 05-03-2013 01:37 PM

I think I vacillate across the spectrum depending on the topic at hand.

Jamal Charles? **** you, Adrian Peterson! Charles is going for 4000 yards this year!
Alex Smith? **** you, Dorsey/Reid! Alex Smith is Casshole's asshole!
Eric Fisher? **** you, Eric Fisher, your mullet is unimpressive! ... nice combine though

hmmm, actually, is there a mostly angry hateful bastard option? **** you, OP! My crapulence is underrepresented!

track 05-03-2013 01:38 PM

[QUOTE=Marcellus the True;9654868]I would honestly call myself a 2.5.

I want to be optimistic but I get as pissed as anyone when things are going bad.

I am trying to stay balanced but the more I get slammed by the 4's and 5's it makes me want to push back making me look like a 1.[/QUOTE

I suspect most "true fans" of the chiefs feel similar. Most 4s and 5s aren't fans by the definition of what a fan is.

DaFace 05-03-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9655172)
Not sure how I feel about this statement... there are a lot of fans who talk about simply making the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6 like it's some significant accomplishment, those who don't seem to understand that the upside to finding the next great QB is worth possibly drafting a couple of turds, and those who talk about needing to protect the QB like it's a one way street and a QB can't possibly be successful without a great line (as opposed to a QB making his O-Line look better than they really are).

However, like you said in the OP, it's become cliché, and not everyone who's giving Alex Smith a chance necessarily agrees with every retread move they've ever made and not everyone who falls into group 2 or even 3 is a true fan, by definition.

I can't speak for others, but my personal opinion isn't that it's a significant accomplishment to go 9-7 or 10-6, but that you need to get to that point before you can really hope to start competing every year. I doubt there are a ton of teams that go from 2-14 to 14-2 back to back (though I know a handful have done close to that).

For me, Alex is a stabilizer that will help to 1) let our young guys get practice with a real-live NFL team and 2) make us somewhat more attractive because there is a CHANCE we'll actually compete.

Hammock Parties 05-03-2013 01:44 PM

No room for realists?

Rain Man 05-03-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9655227)
No room for realists?

I think those are included in naysayers.

morphius 05-03-2013 01:53 PM

It is hard to place myself. In general I'm pessimistic, but willing to wait and see. I didn't like the Cassel trade, but cheered for him anyway, but knew pretty quickly in his 3rd year that we HAD to move on. I didn't like trading for Smith, but I'll cheer for him to succeed. Hate taking a LT/RT at the first pick in the draft, but understand that this years draft was weak. Watching all the naysayers makes me feel better about the team and occasionally drive me up to a 2.

eh.

Bearcat 05-03-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9655224)
I can't speak for others, but my personal opinion isn't that it's a significant accomplishment to go 9-7 or 10-6, but that you need to get to that point before you can really hope to start competing every year. I doubt there are a ton of teams that go from 2-14 to 14-2 back to back (though I know a handful have done close to that).

For me, Alex is a stabilizer that will help to 1) let our young guys get practice with a real-live NFL team and 2) make us somewhat more attractive because there is a CHANCE we'll actually compete.

True for this year, but I've seen the 'just get in' mentality for as long as I've been here. IMO, when a Tebow-led team or a 7-9 team can make the playoffs, it just doesn't mean much, except that yes, sometimes weird stuff happens (like how both of those teams managed to win a game). A lot of people have always seemed content with playing it safe in the offseason as long as they're in the playoff hunt (after all, they won the worst division in the AFC while playing the worst NFC division! :rolleyes: ), even if they're no serious threat to do anything.

I'm apathetic about the whole QB situation.. part of me wonders if this was the one year they really had no other choice than to make a trade, instead of drafting a QB, and it's not like the new regime should draft one in the first couple of rounds just because the Chiefs haven't done so in 3 decades..... but it's like walking into your carpet-stained house with a new dog and the first thing it does is shit on the floor. You can't kick it to the curb, but, really?

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-03-2013 02:07 PM

I think the number of True Fans here are greatly underestimated by most of this board. We assume that they aren't here because they don't post. They're the Silent Majority. I also think that there are a number of people that are more True Fan than they are willing to admit. To borrow a phrase from Lacan, it's the "Knowledge that doesn't know itself."

BigCatDaddy 05-03-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9655158)
Do you believe that guards and right tackles should be taken with top five picks?

Do you believe that a quarterback is best served as a game manager?
LMAO uh oh Dorseys a true fan

It's amazingly prophetic because we actually had people championing for Womach to be the top pick :facepalm:

Halfcan 05-03-2013 02:09 PM

I am looking forward to the new year. I think we are going to be pretty good.

Predarat 05-03-2013 02:21 PM

I am close between a Pessimist and Balanced, closer to Pessimist so that is my vote.

notorious 05-03-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9655280)
I think the number of True Fans here are greatly underestimated by most of this board. We assume that they aren't here because they don't post. They're the Silent Majority. I also think that there are a number of people that are more True Fan than they are willing to admit. To borrow a phrase from Lacan, it's the "Knowledge that doesn't know itself."

90% of the time I get in a Chiefs discussion with a stranger they are a Truefan.

It's mind-numbing.

Marcellus 05-03-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9655312)
90% of the time I get in a Chiefs discussion with a stranger they are a Truefan.

It's mind-numbing.

I wouldn't argue that the vast majority of fans outside of CP are very homerish or are casual fans.

If they weren't they would have found CP by now.

notorious 05-03-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus the True (Post 9655313)
I wouldn't argue that the vast majority of fans outside of CP are very homerish or are casual fans.

I wish I could be a TrueFan. They seem a lot happier.

I am too much of a realist, though. It been bad for too long for me to be a homer.

Bearcat 05-03-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9655317)
I wish I could be a TrueFan. They seem a lot happier.

I am too much of a realist, though. It been bad for too long for me to be a homer.

Ignorance is bliss, start sniffing glue.

HemiEd 05-03-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus the True (Post 9655313)

There is a point to which even the most absolute homer, should recognize the trend and what is happening, or they deserve what they get.

I am an example of that, and they are going to have to show me something new.
So far this regime has followed the the exact same moves that have been followed for 30 years, and for most of the teams history prior to that.

In my opinion, anyone that actually believes this team will draft a QB in the first round, in the next two or three years is ignoring the facts. Why would anyone ignore the facts?

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-03-2013 02:35 PM

What about the "Hatah" category? God damn true fan thread...
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy 05-03-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

It's mind-numbing.

I'm pretty sure they have a tattoo of Roaf on their left ass cheek and Shields on the right one.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-03-2013 02:37 PM

I started out as a True Fan. Milkman and Chiefs Country killed that shit RIGHT off. Thanks?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man 05-03-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

It's mind-numbing.

I suspect that more casual fans present the appearance of Truefans, because they have less knowledge of, and psychic investment in, the team. It's easy to just say, "go team" and then mow your yard on Sundays if they're not doing well. You like all the draft picks because, hey, it's a new guy, and you don't know enough about the players to know if trades or cuts are good or bad.

For example, if you asked me what baseball team I root for, I'd shrug and say, "None really, but I guess the Rockies since they're local." Are the Rockies a well-run team? Shrug. "I guess so. The last time I looked, they had Larry Walker and Andres Galarraga and Todd Helton. That's pretty good"

Marcellus 05-03-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9655323)
There is a point to which even the most absolute homer, should recognize the trend and what is happening, or they deserve what they get.

I am an example of that, and they are going to have to show me something new.
So far this regime has followed the the exact same moves that have been followed for 30 years, and for most of the teams history prior to that.

In my opinion, anyone that actually believes this team will draft a QB in the first round, in the next two or three years is ignoring the facts. Why would anyone ignore the facts?

Well you are correct, the fact is we haven't drafted a QB in the first round for 30 years.

That we wont in the next say 3 years is not a fact.

Unless you think Clark does not believe in drafting and developing a QB, which there is no evidence to support, then the last 30 years truly is meaningless to the next 3.

Shit if anything don't the odds eventually increase that we draft a QB in the 1st round?

GordonGekko 05-03-2013 02:41 PM

Right now the Chiefs are the worst franchise in the NFL, only homers and very optimistic people can be happy with how the Chiefs are doing.

To me, the Chiefs are committing the same atrocious mistake over and over. They are bringing in has-been qb's from other teams, and not developing their own talent. They are like the Ford of the NFL, thinking about the next fiscal quarter, instead of Honda or Toyota, who make business decisions based upon research that is measured in years. Chiefs play for a band-aid short term fix, while other teams build for a successful long term future. Bleh.

Earthling 05-03-2013 02:42 PM

I'm optimistic at the start of each season. For a long time now I have been beaten down to a nay-sayer at some point in the season. A good year for me is for that beat down not to occur untill the 5th or 6th game has played out.

That being said, I am very optimistic at this point. I am probably in the minority thinking that with a great O-line MOST QB's are going to be successful. And conversely a poor O-line can render even the best QB's ineffective. So yeah, I think we will compete this year. Don't take that away for at least 5 or 6 games please. :p

tecumseh 05-03-2013 02:47 PM

I'm a reality based optimist. Last year had to happen for all the changes to take place that will make this season a better value for cash paying fans.

dirk digler 05-03-2013 02:55 PM

I should have read the Naysayer option before I put my vote in for pessimist. I honestly have no faith in this organization until they go out and prove it. Kind of like how I feel about the Royals.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-03-2013 02:58 PM

I was a pessimist. Then Pioli was fired and Cassel was shown the door. Now I'm an optimist. Don't necessarily love some of the moves made so far, but I trust the guys calling the shots. I've spent most of my fandom as an optimist, being the pessimist sucked hard. I just knew in my heart Cassel was a ****ing failure before he ever took a snap. I don't have that sense with Alex Myth, however I know what he is. A stop gap unless he proves otherwise quickly.

Messier 05-03-2013 03:01 PM

I think one of the biggest misnomers about pessimistic, or "realistic" fans, is that they're more knowledgeable about football. Not true. Some of the most idiotic ideas and thoughts have come from the realistic fans. Peterson or SP only care about filling the stadium, not winning. Clark mandates that no QB be drafted in the first round. Things like that come from people that I'm sure consider themselves realists.

HemiEd 05-03-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus the True (Post 9655330)
Well you are correct, the fact is we haven't drafted a QB in the first round for 30 years.

That we wont in the next say 3 years is not a fact.

Unless you think Clark does not believe in drafting and developing a QB, which there is no evidence to support, then the last 30 years truly is meaningless to the next 3.

Shit if anything don't the odds eventually increase that we draft a QB in the 1st round?

Actually, you and I have had this discussion before and we agreed to disagree.
I do believe it is the Hunt's dictating the QB strategy. They are the consistent ingredient in this scenario, and that is the evidence I see.

All of the other parties have changed, more than once, but the results are the same.

At the very least, Coaches are so afraid to take a chance on drafting one and losing their job. Could the Hunt's be telling them if they draft a QB, they better damn well be right or they are gone?

007 05-03-2013 03:53 PM

I voted pessimist before I even read the thread and your definition fit me to a T.

hometeam 05-03-2013 04:45 PM

I voted balanced, but looking over the criteria again, I should be in the pessimist section~

TimeForWasp 05-03-2013 05:00 PM

I'm a naysayer about being a homer, but have optimistically balanced pessimism about generic altenate Zresponses.

warpaint* 05-03-2013 05:03 PM

I picked balanced but after reading the descriptions should have selected pessimist.

cdcox 05-03-2013 09:05 PM

In my long history of Chief fandom, I've been mostly in the two to three range.

Exceptions: I have been extremely negative about three moves from the outset: 1) Herm Edwards, 2) Matt Cassel, and 3) Alex Smith. I was skeptical about 1) Gunther as HC, 2) the return of Gunther, 3) Greg Robinson and 4) McCluster, but willing to wait to see it play out.

The one area that I'm more pessimistic than the average fan on the board is that if I don't see a head coach or QB working out, I'd rather the Chiefs go 0-16 than 8-8. I'm ready to move on, and 8-8 just prolongs the pain.

I'm also no longer satisfied by playoff appearances as a measure of success. I need to see the team on a pathway to dominance.

As for the up coming season I see a floor of 6 wins and a ceiling of a playoff win, which is more optimistic than many on here. But I'm very unhappy with Alex Smith as a QB, because there is no realistic hope that he will be a dynasty level QB.

splatbass 05-03-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9654819)
Either every GM in the NFL is ignorant, or CP groupthink is ignorant.

Hmmm......I wonder which is more likely......:hmmm:

Bearcat 05-03-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9655951)
In my long history of Chief fandom, I've been mostly in the two to three range.

Exceptions: I have been extremely negative about three moves from the outset: 1) Herm Edwards, 2) Matt Cassel, and 3) Alex Smith. I was skeptical about 1) Gunther as HC, 2) the return of Gunther, 3) Greg Robinson and 4) McCluster, but willing to wait to see it play out.

The one area that I'm more pessimistic than the average fan on the board is that if I don't see a head coach or QB working out, I'd rather the Chiefs go 0-16 than 8-8. I'm ready to move on, and 8-8 just prolongs the pain.

I'm also no longer satisfied by playoff appearances as a measure of success. I need to see the team on a pathway to dominance.

As for the up coming season I see a floor of 6 wins and a ceiling of a playoff win, which is more optimistic than many on here. But I'm very unhappy with Alex Smith as a QB, because there is no realistic hope that he will be a dynasty level QB.

:clap:

splatbass 05-03-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9654927)
x1000

If the pessimists were slightly less obnoxious in their self-righteous bitching it wouldn't force balanced fans into homerism.

This.

mikey23545 05-03-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus the True (Post 9654868)
I would honestly call myself a 2.5.

I want to be optimistic but I get as pissed as anyone when things are going bad.

I am trying to stay balanced but the more I get slammed by the 4's and 5's it makes me want to push back making me look like a 1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9654927)
x1000

If the pessimists were slightly less obnoxious in their self-righteous bitching it wouldn't force balanced fans into homerism.

There ya go.

Baby Lee 05-03-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9655325)
I'm pretty sure they have a tattoo of Roaf on their left ass cheek and Shields on the right one.

It's funny, because they were what was wrong with that team.

BigCatDaddy 05-03-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9656130)
It's funny, because they were what was wrong with that team.

It's funny because there was one major difference in the playoff success Will had.

keg in kc 05-03-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9655391)
I do believe it is the Hunt's dictating the QB strategy. They are the consistent ingredient in this scenario, and that is the evidence I see.

All of the other parties have changed, more than once, but the results are the same.

At the very least, Coaches are so afraid to take a chance on drafting one and losing their job. Could the Hunt's be telling them if they draft a QB, they better damn well be right or they are gone?

That's exactly what I think. There's no evidence to this point that that's changed. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised at some point.

As far as the "naysayers and optimists making things worse", I'm sorry to say that's completely a two-way street. In a lot of ways talking Chiefs football here is like a political discussion. I think that's just the internet, though. People seem to be losing the ability to have civil discussions. So much polarization, so much proselytization.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-03-2013 10:23 PM

If you get butthurt by pessimism, there are several homer-friendly sites available. Many in fact. Go ahead and rock that Google one time, Lil Chiefy.
Posted via Mobile Device

boogblaster 05-03-2013 10:24 PM

Marty and Dickie ball were fun to watch .. but didnt get there .. hopefully this time it works .. not expecting miracles yet .....

007 05-04-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9656202)
If you get butthurt by pessimism, there are several homer-friendly sites available. Many in fact. Go ahead and rock that Google one time, Lil Chiefy.
Posted via Mobile Device

THIS

Alex Smith 4Ever 05-04-2013 12:25 AM

I'm shocked that less than 30% of this website counts themselves as pessimists

007 05-04-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith 4Ever (Post 9656367)
I'm shocked that less than 30% of this website counts themselves as pessimists

I'm shocked there are not more naysayers.

Alex Smith 4Ever 05-04-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9656368)
I'm shocked there are not more naysayers.

This entire website is naysayers. I just don't understand why they think they're optimists

007 05-04-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith 4Ever (Post 9656374)
This entire website is naysayers. I just don't understand why they think they're optimists

I've gone through moments of naysayeritis but never fulltime.

J Diddy 05-04-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah. **** that. I just laugh at the absurdity of the Randy Quaids in a world of Major league.

Marcellus 05-04-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

I have been here since 2000 really, came over with another user name from the Star Board and just lurked. I think my username was ChiefsfanandVet or something like that.

I then left for a bit and came back and registered in 2003 as Marcellus.

Being around here almost from inception I know this isn't a kiddy playground and its not for homers.

That being said I also feel a have a right to voice my disgust with vapid turd munchers like yourself.

Simply Red 05-04-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9654795)
This thread exhibits all kinds of True Fan behavior.

Go drink your own anal leakage :)

America,

Feel the Big Black Cock that is 'Geno Nation!!'

KCTitus 05-04-2013 08:59 AM

You forgot #6, the Genious...Over a period of 5-6 years, I studied this species and even managed to learn some of its language. Unlike a naysayer, a Genious will keep raising the bar of 'success' for KC to the ultimate peak. Nothing short of a SB win will satisfy the Genious, and even then, the Genious will discount a SB win as 'luck' or mysteriously disappear until the following season.

I developed a bit of a dictionary to help anyone speak Genious, and called it The Lexicon. This should help you recognize the Genious among us...

1. Pissed Away - Any draft pick traded by KC
2. Wasted/Reach - Any draft pick used by KC to select a player
3. QBOTF - Any QB taken in the first 5 rounds of the draft, by any NFL franchise other than KC.
4. QB Bust - Any QB taken in any round of the draft by KC
5. Draft pick 'value' chart - A ruse by Carl planted in the media to 'justify' the Ryan Sims trade up in 2002.
6. Waste of Cap Dollars - Any FA that KC picks up
7. Cap Friendly Contract - Any contract signed by a FA to an NFL Franchise other than KC
8. Overpaid - Any trade, FA, draft pick signing made by KC
9. Good Cap Mgmt - Any trade, FA, draft pick signing made by any NFL franchise other than KC
10. Blind Homer - Any Chiefs fan that finds any 'good' value in any FA, draft pick, trade that KC makes. Can also include those who celebrate Chiefs victories during a losing season.
11. High on Pot/Heroine/Crack... - See Blind Homer.
12. The System - the reason why high quality players are cut from KC in favor of 'Waste of Cap Dollars' FA's or 'Wastes/Reaches'
13. High Profile College Prospects - Undrafted Free Agents that were not signed by KC
14. College Nobodies - Undrafted Free Agents signed by KC
15. gloom, despair, agony on me - a thread bemoaning the end of the upcoming KC season that's over 3-9 months away or just prior to the seasons start.
16. Dont question my fandom! - the flame war that ensues after a blind homer/High on Crack/Pot/Heroine posts in a 'gloom, despair, agony on me' thread.
17. Agressive-win now approach - When any other NFL franchise other than KC signs a veteran FA.
18. Short-sighted - When KC signs a veteran FA.
19. NFL Caliber Talent - something KC does not have, especially at 'key' positions, that all other NFL Franchises are teeming with.
20. Get Lucky - What caused FA, draft pick, traded player to have a 'good' season. b) Could also be the cause of a playoff win or SB win.
21. Good Season - Something that doesnt happen to the KC franchise.
22. Moron - Any of the numerous members of the Chiefs organization. b)Can also be used to identify a blind homer in a gloom, despair, agony on me thread
23. Winning the Lottery- What happens if a coach or player currently with KC had played in and won the SB with a another NFL franchise. This term will also be used to describe a KC SB winning season. See also 'Get Lucky'
24. The Profile - A mythical paradigm usually used as an excuse by the Chief's front office as a reason for not signing an impact free agent in their continued attempt to keep the team mediocre and fill the seats of Arrowhead stadium.
25. Prolific Success - KC going .500 with Gunther and or Marty
26. Decent Contract Offer - A contract not offered by KC to sign a player in time for Training Camp. See Also Overpaid
27. Attempting to get better - Any FA signing by any NFL club other than KC. See also Agressive-win now approach
28. Genious - Any Internet BB poster who claims to know more about NFL talent evaluation, running an NFL franchise or playing in the NFL than those currently employed in the NFL.
29. Looser - The certified spelling of the commonly understood word 'Loser'. Extra 'o' is added for emphasis as to how big a loser receipient of said word really is.
30. Retart - The ChiefsPlanet spelling of the commonly understood word 'reerun'. Replacing the 'd' with a 't' is added for emphasis as to how stupid recipient of said word really is.
31. Minion/Cannon Fodder - See Blind Homer.

Baby Lee 05-04-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

A ****stick who joined 3 years ago telling people who is and isn't welcome here?

Madonn' the balls . . . go get your shine box.

AussieChiefsFan 05-04-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 9656597)
You forgot #6, the Genious...Over a period of 5-6 years, I studied this species and even managed to learn some of its language. Unlike a naysayer, a Genious will keep raising the bar of 'success' for KC to the ultimate peak. Nothing short of a SB win will satisfy the Genious, and even then, the Genious will discount a SB win as 'luck' or mysteriously disappear until the following season.

I developed a bit of a dictionary to help anyone speak Genious, and called it The Lexicon. This should help you recognize the Genious among us...

1. Pissed Away - Any draft pick traded by KC
2. Wasted/Reach - Any draft pick used by KC to select a player
3. QBOTF - Any QB taken in the first 5 rounds of the draft, by any NFL franchise other than KC.
4. QB Bust - Any QB taken in any round of the draft by KC
5. Draft pick 'value' chart - A ruse by Carl planted in the media to 'justify' the Ryan Sims trade up in 2002.
6. Waste of Cap Dollars - Any FA that KC picks up
7. Cap Friendly Contract - Any contract signed by a FA to an NFL Franchise other than KC
8. Overpaid - Any trade, FA, draft pick signing made by KC
9. Good Cap Mgmt - Any trade, FA, draft pick signing made by any NFL franchise other than KC
10. Blind Homer - Any Chiefs fan that finds any 'good' value in any FA, draft pick, trade that KC makes. Can also include those who celebrate Chiefs victories during a losing season.
11. High on Pot/Heroine/Crack... - See Blind Homer.
12. The System - the reason why high quality players are cut from KC in favor of 'Waste of Cap Dollars' FA's or 'Wastes/Reaches'
13. High Profile College Prospects - Undrafted Free Agents that were not signed by KC
14. College Nobodies - Undrafted Free Agents signed by KC
15. gloom, despair, agony on me - a thread bemoaning the end of the upcoming KC season that's over 3-9 months away or just prior to the seasons start.
16. Dont question my fandom! - the flame war that ensues after a blind homer/High on Crack/Pot/Heroine posts in a 'gloom, despair, agony on me' thread.
17. Agressive-win now approach - When any other NFL franchise other than KC signs a veteran FA.
18. Short-sighted - When KC signs a veteran FA.
19. NFL Caliber Talent - something KC does not have, especially at 'key' positions, that all other NFL Franchises are teeming with.
20. Get Lucky - What caused FA, draft pick, traded player to have a 'good' season. b) Could also be the cause of a playoff win or SB win.
21. Good Season - Something that doesnt happen to the KC franchise.
22. Moron - Any of the numerous members of the Chiefs organization. b)Can also be used to identify a blind homer in a gloom, despair, agony on me thread
23. Winning the Lottery- What happens if a coach or player currently with KC had played in and won the SB with a another NFL franchise. This term will also be used to describe a KC SB winning season. See also 'Get Lucky'
24. The Profile - A mythical paradigm usually used as an excuse by the Chief's front office as a reason for not signing an impact free agent in their continued attempt to keep the team mediocre and fill the seats of Arrowhead stadium.
25. Prolific Success - KC going .500 with Gunther and or Marty
26. Decent Contract Offer - A contract not offered by KC to sign a player in time for Training Camp. See Also Overpaid
27. Attempting to get better - Any FA signing by any NFL club other than KC. See also Agressive-win now approach
28. Genious - Any Internet BB poster who claims to know more about NFL talent evaluation, running an NFL franchise or playing in the NFL than those currently employed in the NFL.
29. Looser - The certified spelling of the commonly understood word 'Loser'. Extra 'o' is added for emphasis as to how big a loser receipient of said word really is.
30. Retart - The ChiefsPlanet spelling of the commonly understood word 'reerun'. Replacing the 'd' with a 't' is added for emphasis as to how stupid recipient of said word really is.
31. Minion/Cannon Fodder - See Blind Homer.

LMAO

Baby Lee 05-04-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9656599)
LMAO

should be noted that 'The Lexicon' has a shorthand. It's named after the author.

:titus:

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 05-04-2013 09:24 AM

I find this place amusing.

I don't live in KC and I would say the vast majority of KC fans that I've met here on the East Coast are nothing like the people who are the vocal minority you find on Chiefs Planet.

I find this place quickly becomes an echo chamber as a very hostile and vocal minority soon try to shut down conversations that do not specifically match up with the vocal minorities opinions. Which, I guess is the nature of bulletin boards, but very much not the reason we all left the Star, which was to find a place where we could say what we wanted without the Star's censors shutting us down. Now days, it's a very vocal minority that tries to shut down most conversations usually through belittling insults.

I don't remember Austin Chief setting this place up so that 30 people could pretty much tell everyone else who was or wasn't a good Chiefs fan.

However, since Chiefs Planet is probably one of the best places to get KC news faster than waiting for one of the usual places (ESPN, NFL.com, CBS) to finally deem KC worth writing about, I'll keep hanging around. Plus, there are some people here who are actually fun to hang out with, both on line and in person. But I also can understand why people leave or take sabbaticals from this place.

I'm a Chiefs fan.

If you want to try and pigeon-hole me into your per-conceived notion of what a fan is, go right ahead. Your and idiot (<--lexicon approved), but you have the right to be an idiot.

el borracho 05-04-2013 09:26 AM

Well, I don't really identify with any of the definitions you have listed. I would like to think that I am balanced, but I probably wouldn't fall into that category based on your definition. Truthfully, until the Chiefs get serious at the QB position, I am the nay-ingest, say-ingest of all naysayers. You can't win anything meaningful in the NFL without a QB. You just can't.

RainMaker 05-04-2013 10:40 AM

Optimist here. I wear the gear, root for the team, give other people a hard time and then defend our team as best I can but that's as much effort as I put into it. I look at the CP as a place for people to come and get stuff of their chest (misery loves company) for the most part. I love watching you guys. But, I think many here are driven to extremes.

Just my $.02 (not even adjusted for inflation)

patteeu 05-04-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainMaker (Post 9656747)
Optimist here. I wear the gear, root for the team, give other people a hard time and then defend our team as best I can but that's as much effort as I put into it. I look at the CP as a place for people to come and get stuff of their chest (misery loves company) for the most part. I love watching you guys. But, I think many here are driven to extremes.

Just my $.02 (not even adjusted for inflation)

Can you make a decent poll?

ChiefaRoo 05-04-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan (Post 9656621)

I don't live in KC and I would say the vast majority of KC fans that I've met here on the East Coast are nothing like the people who are the vocal minority you find on Chiefs Planet.

I find this place quickly becomes an echo chamber as a very hostile and vocal minority soon try to shut down conversations that do not specifically match up with the vocal minorities opinions. Which, I guess is the nature of bulletin boards, but very much not the reason we all left the Star, which was to find a place where we could say what we wanted without the Star's censors shutting us down. Now days, it's a very vocal minority that tries to shut down most conversations usually through belittling insults.

I don't remember Austin Chief setting this place up so that 30 people could pretty much tell everyone else who was or wasn't a good Chiefs fan.

However, since Chiefs Planet is probably one of the best places to get KC news faster than waiting for one of the usual places (ESPN, NFL.com, CBS) to finally deem KC worth writing about, I'll keep hanging around. Plus, there are some people here who are actually fun to hang out with, both on line and in person. But I also can understand why people leave or take sabbaticals from this place.

I'm a Chiefs fan.

If you want to try and pigeon-hole me into your per-conceived notion of what a fan is, go right ahead. Your and idiot (<--lexicon approved), but you have the right to be an idiot.

How much you want for that stinky weed old man?

RainMaker 05-04-2013 11:01 AM

No, but I can make awesome empanadas...the crunchy golden toasted ones filled with shredded beef, pork, potatoes, etc. served with a deceivingly mild hot sauce. I'm making some today. But polls? No polls here. I just make it sound like I know something - so I usually just keep quiet.

I've been lurking here since Crennel's first game as interim coach. The CP is a good place. It puts a smile on my face. Heck, I even like the trolls (even though sometimes I stare at the screen with a big WTF on my face). My favorite thread here? The science one.

patteeu 05-04-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainMaker (Post 9656781)
No, but I can make awesome empanadas...the crunchy golden toasted ones filled with shredded beef, pork, potatoes, etc. served with a deceivingly mild hot sauce. I'm making some today. But polls? No polls here. I just make it sound like I know something - so I usually just keep quiet.

I've been lurking here since Crennel's first game as interim coach. The CP is a good place. It puts a smile on my face. Heck, I even like the trolls (even though sometimes I stare at the screen with a big WTF on my face). My favorite thread here? The science one.

I'm hungry.

I just mentioned polls because I thought you were someone else at first glance. I don't know if he can make empanadas though.

hometeam 05-04-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith 4Ever (Post 9656374)

I am optimistic that you will eventually go away, especially when your boyfriend shows (again) that he sucks total ass.

:thumb:

Setsuna 05-04-2013 03:30 PM

Yeah there are other Chiefs forums. If you don't like it, make your own forum. Ask AC for advice and steps.

DaFace 05-04-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9657202)
Yeah there are other Chiefs forums. If you don't like it, make your own forum. Ask AC for advice and steps.

I love that people keep saying this given that he's one of the optimists around here.

Mosbonian 05-04-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan (Post 9656621)

I'm a Chiefs fan.

Hey.....an MCF sighting! Good to see you old friend.

And well said.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 05-04-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9657218)
Hey.....an MCF sighting! Good to see you old friend.

And well said.

Hey, how's it going.

I do occasionally poke my head above water when I can get away from grad school and writing.

J Diddy 05-04-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9657210)
I love that people keep saying this given that he's one of the optimists around here.

I'm of the conclusion that Setsuna is a troll that benefits this site the same way herpes benefits the host. The fact that the newly joined little turd is giving advice about who should stay or who should go makes my skin crawl.

He's the Lin Elliot of posters.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-04-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus the True (Post 9656587)
I have been here since 2000 really, came over with another user name from the Star Board and just lurked. I think my username was ChiefsfanandVet or something like that.

I then left for a bit and came back and registered in 2003 as Marcellus.

Being around here almost from inception I know this isn't a kiddy playground and its not for homers.

That being said I also feel a have a right to voice my disgust with vapid turd munchers like yourself.

And I don't care if you've been here since Moses came strolling down the mountaintop; this site champions fans that have had it up their tightened schpincters with the constant flow of bullshit emanating from One Arrowhead Drive. There are several common denominators that the Chiefs are too goddamned stupid to recognize, and it is our Holy Mission in life to expose and ridicule them until they finally learn the error of their ways. If you happen to be on the bombing range, waving your little red and gold pom-poms in the process, then don't cry when your guts are blown all over the ground. Homer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-04-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9656598)
A ****stick who joined 3 years ago telling people who is and isn't welcome here?

Madonn' the balls . . . go get your shine box.

Actually, I joined in 2008. Jimmy.
Posted via Mobile Device

splatbass 05-04-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9658274)
And I don't care if you've been here since Moses came strolling down the mountaintop; this site champions fans that have had it up their tightened schpincters with the constant flow of bullshit emanating from One Arrowhead Drive. There are several common denominators that the Chiefs are too goddamned stupid to recognize, and it is our Holy Mission in life to expose and ridicule them until they finally learn the error of their ways. If you happen to be on the bombing range, waving your little red and gold pom-poms in the process, then don't cry when your guts are blown all over the ground. Homer.
Posted via Mobile Device

You really need to get over yourself.

splatbass 05-04-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9658278)
Actually, I joined in 2008. Jimmy.
Posted via Mobile Device

It says "Join Date: Jan 2010".

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-05-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9658299)
It says "Join Date: Jan 2010".

Different account. Eradicated by one Bob Dole.
Posted via Mobile Device