ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Are "Begging" To Get Out Of 1st Pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272119)

RealSNR 04-15-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9589242)
What does that say about Geno Smith?

What does that say about any QB that drops?

Nothing. He could be Aaron Rodgers or Brady Quinn. The team with the testicles to draft him is going to be making a very smart pick either way. Rolling the dice on a QB is NEVER a bad idea.

RNR 04-15-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589341)

Nothing. He could be Aaron Rodgers or Brady Quinn. The team with the testicles to draft him is going to be making a very smart pick either way. Rolling the dice on a QB is NEVER a bad idea.

Not with the top overall pick IMO I think it is a huge gamble at the 3 slot. This guy is simply not special IMO If he slides to the 10 slot or lower maybe a team rolls the dice. Anything above that is nothing more than a reach once again IMO~

RealSNR 04-15-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9589371)
Not with the top overall pick IMO I think it is a huge gamble at the 3 slot. This guy is simply not special IMO If he slides to the 10 slot or lower maybe a team rolls the dice. Anything above that is nothing more than a reach once again IMO~

Is that really your opinion? I'm unsure if what you're saying is in your opinion. Please make that a little more clear for your readers.

Rasputin 04-15-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589341)

Warren Moon didn't even get drafted in his day. Yeah there was racist reasoning but still he proved himself. Don't know what you get untill they play just make the best guess and have faith in the pick.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 04:27 PM

Oh he's special, and you will all soon know it, whether a Chief or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

OrtonsPiercedTaint 04-15-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 9589144)
Sirius/XM NFL just now talking about KC taking Geno #1, how Alex Smith would be like WTF?

But more realistic saying Andy Reid will take a prospect, mentioning Dysert.
Alex Smith needs confidence, blah blah, if you take high QB his confidence will be shot, blah blah blah
Need to keep up the idea we might just to keep #2 and #3 on their toes
Again they say they'll be very shocked if it's not LT Joeckel

Also that guys in Jax DID NOT draft Gabbert, so no shock if they take Geno, but guys in KC DID TRADE for Alex Smith, so not likely they ALSO draft Geno.

commercial break...

If Alex Smith couldn't handle the pressure of Geno Smith as his back up. Trading for him was a huge ****ing mistake on that point alone. That's some Cassel shit right there.

Ebolapox 04-15-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9589137)
I see your :spock: and raise you a :spock: :spock:

What are you talking about? How is it taking a dump on your new city to say several teams were pursuing him?

ah, I misinterpreted you. Mea culpa. I thought you were referring to the fact that he went to greater than necessary lengths to praise kansas city and to say that he chose KC over several other NFL cities. what he said, to me, feels exactly what every new player says when they come to a city REGARDLESS of whether they chose said city or not. felt like a canned response to me, though I've been accused of cynicism from time to time.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9589416)
If Alex Smith couldn't handle the pressure of Geno Smith as his back up. Trading for him was a huge ****ing mistake on that point alone. That's some Cassel shit right there.

This. We must coddle Alice at ALL costs! That strategy is a proven winner! Just like trading for backups...
Posted via Mobile Device

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-15-2013 04:38 PM

If Im the chiefs, I go ahead and get bent over. Ill even supply the lube. Just get out of the first and take whatever shitty pick(s) you can get.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was A Gigantic Dick (Post 9589455)
If Im the chiefs, I go ahead and get bent over. Ill even supply the lube. Just get out of the first and take whatever shitty pick(s) you can get.

Nope. We're stuck. Say hello to Geno.
Posted via Mobile Device

AlexSmithDynasty 04-15-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9589263)
making a lateral move for drafting a LT while having a disgruntled veteran LT on a franchise tag is also not a great way to build your team than the way I mentioned.

Albert is kind of forcing their hand by refusing to buy in to what his coach and gm are trying to do. What other job could you flat out refuse the requests of your boss and still expect to have a position with that organization? He gets paid millions of dollars to play football, he needs to either get with the program or he'll be gone.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 04-15-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9589416)
If Alex Smith couldn't handle the pressure of Geno Smith as his back up. Trading for him was a huge ****ing mistake on that point alone. That's some ***** (not Cassel) shit right there.

FMOP

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-15-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9589461)
Nope. We're stuck. Say hello to Geno.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think so too, but I wouldn't be asking for anything near the value if its already decided that Geno wont be the pick

penbrook 04-15-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was A Gigantic Dick (Post 9589508)
I think so too, but I wouldn't be asking for anything near the value if its already decided that Geno wont be the pick

Geno will prob be the pick but we could trade down and still get Geno IMO.

Bewbies 04-15-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9589489)
Albert is kind of forcing their hand by refusing to buy in to what his coach and gm are trying to do. What other job could you flat out refuse the requests of your boss and still expect to have a position with that organization? He gets paid millions of dollars to play football, he needs to either get with the program or he'll be gone.

The kind of job where you're one of 5-10 people on earth who can do what you do.

Simply Red 04-15-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9588263)
We're pretty much set. We can do whatever we want, thats what is great about our position

http://i.imgur.com/Soaa4Ot.jpg

RealSNR 04-15-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9589489)

Your job as a shitscraper doesn't compare to what Albert does for a living. Stop trying to equate the two.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9589386)
Warren Moon didn't even get drafted in his day. Yeah there was racist reasoning but still he proved himself. Don't know what you get untill they play just make the best guess and have faith in the pick.

:spock:

penbrook 04-15-2013 05:24 PM

Derrick Johnson to be on NFL total Access tommorow to talk State of the franchise.

Meanwhile O Hara and Sharper are saying we should draft LT Luke Joeckel. O Hara said we should start him at RT.

Rasputin 04-15-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9589620)
Derrick Johnson to be on NFL total Access tommorow to talk State of the franchise.

Meanwhile O Hara and Sharper are saying we should draft LT Luke Joeckel. O Hara said we should start him at RT.

O Hara and Sharper are dumb dumbs.

OnTheWarpath15 04-15-2013 05:28 PM

Dear God.

I thought they had devalued the pick as much as humanly possible by trading for Alex Smith - and then the make it known they are desperate to get out of it altogether?

Pennies on the mother****ing dollar.

What's next, are we going to announce via Twitter who we are going to take after trading down so someone can jump us?

It's amazing how there are only 32 of these jobs available, making a ton of money, yet the guys filling said positions make such mind-numbingly stupid mistakes.

Titty Meat 04-15-2013 05:31 PM

SB Nation is a credible source now?

OnTheWarpath15 04-15-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9589640)
SB Nation is a credible source now?

No, but Mike Freeman is.

Quote:

Mike Freeman of CBS writes that the Chiefs are "begging" for the opportunity to move the pick."

RealSNR 04-15-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9589631)
Dear God.

I thought they had devalued the pick as much as humanly possible by trading for Alex Smith - and then the make it known they are desperate to get out of it altogether?

Pennies on the mother****ing dollar.

What's next, are we going to announce via Twitter who we are going to take after trading down so someone can jump us?

It's amazing how there are only 32 of these jobs available, making a ton of money, yet the guys filling said positions make such mind-numbingly stupid mistakes.

Say what you will about Pioli, but if he wanted to accomplish whatever it was that Dorsey/Reid want out of this draft, he would have negotiated and pokerfaced his way to that draft goal twice as successfully.

Dorsey seems to think everybody in the NFL loves each other, and that if the best deal offered really is the best deal offered for something, then that's probably the best that can be done.

Case in point: the Alex Smith trade. There is absolutely ZERO good reason why we paid more than our single 3.1 pick for that turd.

OnTheWarpath15 04-15-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589651)
Say what you will about *****, but if he wanted to accomplish whatever it was that Dorsey/Reid want out of this draft, he would have negotiated and pokerfaced his way to that draft goal twice as successfully.

Dorsey seems to think everybody in the NFL loves each other, and that if the best deal offered really is the best deal offered for something, then that's probably the best that can be done.

Case in point: the Alex Smith trade. There is absolutely ZERO good reason why we paid more than our single 3.1 pick for that turd.

Couldn't agree more with the comment in bold.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589651)
Say what you will about Pioli, but if he wanted to accomplish whatever it was that Dorsey/Reid want out of this draft, he would have negotiated and pokerfaced his way to that draft goal twice as successfully.

no no no...teams we're CLAMORING for him!
Posted via Mobile Device

KC native 04-15-2013 05:41 PM

No one saw this coming

Yes that's sarcasm hog farmer.

RNR 04-15-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589379)
Is that really your opinion? I'm unsure if what you're saying is in your opinion. Please make that a little more clear for your readers.

I kept repeating it because you and some other posters get your ****ing panties in a bunch if anyone says something bad about Geno. Which is the real reason for your smartass post~

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-15-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9589655)
Couldn't agree more with the comment in bold.

Bullshit. ***** was a transparent POS. He had no creativity whatsoever. Just because he was vague, doesnt mean he was savvy. Funny that you think Reid/Dorsey should enforce the "patriot way"

OnTheWarpath15 04-15-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was A Gigantic Dick (Post 9589673)
Bullshit. ***** was a transparent POS. He had no creativity whatsoever. Just because he was vague, doesnt mean he was savvy. Funny that you think Reid/Dorsey should enforce the "patriot way"

Who is this ****ing reerun?

RealSNR 04-15-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9589668)
I kept repeating it because you and some other posters get your ****ing panties in a bunch if anyone says something bad about Geno. Which is the real reason for your smartass post~

Okay, so is THIS post just IYO? Because it makes it really hard to distinguish what your opinion is if you never say "IMO"

Just IMO.

Also, ~

RNR 04-15-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589681)
Okay, so is THIS post just IYO? Because it makes it really hard to distinguish what your opinion is if you never say "IMO"

Just IMO.

Also, ~

LMAO go pull one off to your Geno poster~

Bugeater 04-15-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9589678)

I've been wondering that myself, he's definitely been here before.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-15-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9589691)
I've been wondering that myself, he's definitely been here before.

So nice of you to notice. Ill starting clearing it up in a sig

KC native 04-15-2013 05:56 PM

Seriously though, only this ****ing miserable franchise can **** up the #1 overall this royally.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-15-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was A Gigantic Dick (Post 9589696)

bump

Buckweath 04-15-2013 06:03 PM

They have to draft Geno or trade down. Drafting a LT at #1 overall would be a disaster if you ask me. Reminds me of the Dolphins drafting Jake Long in 2007, they sure regret that.

I honestly fear Dorsey/Reid are too high on Alex Smith, the same way that Pioli was too high on Cassell.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-15-2013 06:05 PM

Great, Lemon Pie is back said no one...ever.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-15-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9589717)
They have to draft Geno or trade down. Drafting a LT at #1 overall would be a disaster if you ask me. Reminds me of the Dolphins drafting Jake Long in 2007, they sure regret that.

I honestly fear Dorsey/Reid are too high on Alex Smith, the same way that ***** was too high on Cassell.

That's the worry. A 2 win team that had Top 10 tackle play on both sides, gutting both spots just to make room to take a guy at 1-1 would be historically stupid.

RNR 04-15-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was A Gigantic Dick (Post 9589709)
bump

There was a time when trolls knew how to troll. You really do not have a knack for it. I have never understood why people wish to troll and it is even more perplexing when someone like you makes such a feeble attempt at it~

Mr. Laz 04-15-2013 06:06 PM

I seriously doubt a couple of veterans like Dorsey and Reid would be 'begging' for anything in the NFL.

SAUTO 04-15-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9589678)

So many on that level lately it's almost unbelievable...
Posted via Mobile Device

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-15-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9589724)
There was a time when trolls knew how to troll. You really do not have a knack for it. I have never understood why people wish to troll and it is even more perplexing when someone like you makes such a feeble attempt at it~

Someone like me? what trolling?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-15-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9589722)
Great, Lemon Pie is back said no one...ever.

Can't argue that. You could say the same for 99% of users.

Bugeater 04-15-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was A Gigantic Dick (Post 9589696)

I shut signatures off years ago.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-15-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9589728)
So many on that level lately it's almost unbelievable...
Posted via Mobile Device

Minions of Blackbob?

O.city 04-15-2013 06:12 PM

Eh, just take what value we can get and be done with it. As much as people want to say how bad Geno is and that people don't want to trade up for him, there isn't really anyone worth a damn at the top of the draft. It will be 09 all over again.

Bugeater 04-15-2013 06:13 PM

Oh, lemon pie huh. No wonder I had him pegged as a douche.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-15-2013 06:15 PM

Mane, I got two neg reps today. I had a streak of two months.

RNR 04-15-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was A Gigantic Dick (Post 9589729)
Someone like me? what trolling?

Give it up scooter you suck at this~

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-15-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9589746)
Give it up scooter you suck at this~

Ok, old-timer.

Bugeater 04-15-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was A Gigantic Dick (Post 9589743)
Mane, I got two neg reps today. I had a streak of two months.

Well the good news is you don't have to worry about getting any from me!

Pasta Little Brioni 04-15-2013 06:18 PM

I predict red in his future by the end of the night now that he outed himself.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-15-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9589751)
Well the good news is you don't have to worry about getting any from me!

Meh. Seems I stay clear of you these days anyway.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9589682)
LMAO go pull one off to your Geno poster~

Only if it's your educated opinion that I should do so.

Just let me know what's your opinion and what's not. A tip for you is to use "IMO" after every sentence that is your opinion. That way it's never confusing.

O.city 04-15-2013 06:19 PM

Chiefs sandwich a shitty year and having the first pick, between an generational Qb and generational pass rusher. Typical.

patteeu 04-15-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9589717)

I honestly fear Dorsey/Reid are too high on Alex Smith, the same way that ***** was too high on Cassell.

Dolphins GM said that if he could take Jake Long and Mike Pouncey in every draft, he'd do it. He said he'd love a team filled with Jake Longs and Mike Pounceys. It doesn't really sound like he regrets the pick much.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/04/13/do...-up-nfl-draft/

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-15-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9589756)
I predict red in his future by the end of the night now that he outed himself.

Ive had to mention it many times before. Like you said. Nobody cares.

O.city 04-15-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9589760)
Dolphins GM said that if he could take Jake Long and Mike Pouncey in every draft, he'd do it. He said he'd love a team filled with Jake Longs and Mike Pounceys. It doesn't really sound like he regrets the pick much.

I guess thats why he's about to be fired.

O.city 04-15-2013 06:21 PM

He loved a team full of Jake Longs so much he forgot to re sign him when he was a free agent.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-15-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9589764)

ROFL Exactly. I was about to say must suck to have a True Fan GM.

patteeu 04-15-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9589764)

Maybe so. But at this point he doesn't seem to regret it.

Marcellus 04-15-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9589759)
Chiefs sandwich a shitty year and having the first pick, between an generational Qb and generational pass rusher. Typical.

That pretty much nails it.

O.city 04-15-2013 06:24 PM

With hindsight, of course they would much rather have Matt Ryan over Jake Long. But who knows if he turns out to be the guy he is today or what, had he been drafted by the Phins.

BossChief 04-15-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

And yet, he let Long walk and got nothing in return...and is now looking to trade for his replacement whether that be for a guy like Albert as a vet or moving up in the draft.

With the way the salary cap should be going up in coming years, there is no excuse to let solid players walk. At least Dorsey had some sense to get a deal done with Bowe in time to franchise Albert so we can get something for him.

O.city 04-15-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9589777)
Maybe so. But at this point he doesn't seem to regret it.

I'm sure Pioli doesn't regret keeping Cassel either. Doesn't make it right.

patteeu 04-15-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9589781)
And yet, he let Long walk and got nothing in return...and is now looking to trade for his replacement whether that be for a guy like Albert as a vet or moving up in the draft.

With the way the salary cap should be going up in coming years, there is no excuse to let solid players walk. At least Dorsey had some sense to get a deal done with Bowe in time to franchise Albert so we can get something for him.

He didn't let him walk. He got outbid by St. Louis. It's not clear whether Long would have returned to the Dolphins for the same offer he accepted from the Rams.

patteeu 04-15-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9589784)
I'm sure ***** doesn't regret keeping Cassel either. Doesn't make it right.

So you admit that Ireland doesn't regret the pick?

Gravedigger 04-15-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Is that why they let Jake Long walk? Those Dolphins, Centers and Tackles are the way to the Superbowl!!!!

patteeu 04-15-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9589789)
Is that why they let Jake Long walk? Those Dolphins, Centers and Tackles are the way to the Superbowl!!!!

Post 147.

O.city 04-15-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9589788)
So you admit that Ireland doesn't regret the pick?

What exactly do you expect him to say? Yeah, I'm sure he doesn't regret it. But, it's looking like said move along with others, are about to get him fired.

O.city 04-15-2013 06:31 PM

Long left STL, went back to Mia for a few days and was well known that he wanted to stay in Miami. Looking at the deal he got in STL, if that outbid what Miami was willing go give him, Ireland didn't think to much of Long.

patteeu 04-15-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9589798)
Yeah, I'm sure he doesn't regret it.

OK, good.

RNR 04-15-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589758)
Only if it's your educated opinion that I should do so.

Just let me know what's your opinion and what's not. A tip for you is to use "IMO" after every sentence that is your opinion. That way it's never confusing.

Jesus SNR LMAO your butthurt over this is truly amusing...IMO LMAO~

patteeu 04-15-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9589804)
Long left STL, went back to Mia for a few days and was well known that he wanted to stay in Miami. Looking at the deal he got in STL, if that outbid what Miami was willing go give him, Ireland didn't think to much of Long.

Even if you were really clairvoyant, I don't care about that.

Gravedigger 04-15-2013 06:35 PM

That kinda makes it worse. It means that the Dolphins aren't an organization willing to pay its "star" players, but instead overpay for WR and LB's that won't make the difference a star LT would. Or Jake Long didn't think much of the organization or probably both. The Dolphins are a joke of a franchise and have slipped further and further into mediocrity since Marino retired.

If he said he'd take a team of Long's and Pouncey's, then half his team would leave from him not paying for his supposed preference to have them on the team. Loyalty only goes as far as a check in the NFL then it bounces!

O.city 04-15-2013 06:36 PM

Ok, sure.

patteeu 04-15-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9589814)
That kinda makes it worse. It means that the Dolphins aren't an organization willing to pay its "star" players, but instead overpay for WR and LB's that won't make the difference a star LT would. Or Jake Long didn't think much of the organization or probably both. The Dolphins are a joke of a franchise and have slipped further and further into mediocrity since Marino retired.

If he said he'd take a team of Long's and Pouncey's, then half his team would leave from him not paying for his supposed preference to have them on the team. Loyalty only goes as far as a check in the NFL then it bounces!

I agree.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9589810)
Jesus SNR LMAO your butthurt over this is truly amusing...IMO LMAO~

See? Was that so hard?~

O.city 04-15-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9589808)
OK, good.

So you are saying because he doesn't regret it, it was the right move?