ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs My final Geno thread before the draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271845)

SAUTO 04-07-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9565497)
This.

I'm far from thrilled we spent another early R2 pick on a game manager, but I'm more concerned with the future of the QB position than the "right now."

If they feel its important to spend their first two picks on the right now and the future, I'm all for it.

For sure
Posted via Mobile Device

Mother****erJones 04-07-2013 03:17 PM

Hell no I wouldn't be upset. That would mean they think Geno can be special. Would be thrilled with seeing this franchise take a QB in round 1 since '83.

penbrook 04-07-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9565583)
Hell no I wouldn't be upset. That would mean they think Geno can be special. Would be thrilled with seeing this franchise take a QB in round 1 since '83.

And Dorsey likes Geno too. So there is a chance.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-07-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9565370)
The Chiefs have? What about Reid and Dorsey?

What about them? When did either of them pull a Washington to secure a QB?
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu 04-07-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9565612)
Posted via Mobile Device

If only we had Daniel Snyder calling the shots here, it would be paradise!

penbrook 04-07-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9565612)
Posted via Mobile Device

Reid did when he was drating Mcnabb. I couldnt remember who but somebody offered Reid there whole draft for the #2 spot and Reid said no.

tecumseh 04-07-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9564061)
Yep. We need to give Alex Smith a chance. Plus, next year's QBs are better.

Not sure if sarcasm, but I agree with this.

penbrook 04-07-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecumseh (Post 9565723)
Not sure if sarcasm, but I agree with this.

Next years qbs arent all the great. Bridgewater and Murray. Boyd maybe.

Geno would be the backup not the starter.

tecumseh 04-07-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9565464)
Upset? I'd be happy.

However, I bought my draft magazines last night and have been reading through them. One of them excoriates Geno and all of the other quarterbacks, and the other one lists him as our pick but predicts him to have a much lower ceiling than several other players, and says that the quarterback most like him in the NFL today is (wait for it) Alex Smith.

While it kills me to say it, I would not be upset if we drafted someone else if Geno is that much of a risk. I do wonder if there's some sort of media conspiracy to make the quarterbacks slip to the east coast teams, though.

Humorus, yet intriguing insight, Rainman.

R8RFAN 04-07-2013 04:33 PM

Pick who you want, we will have that pick next year and you will have the second pick LMAO

tecumseh 04-07-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9565736)
Next years qbs arent all the great. Bridgewater and Murray. Boyd maybe.

Geno would be the backup not the starter.

I got ya. But it's an neverending supply. If they don't think Genos worth the pick, and I personally do not, then next years model would be serviceable and on and on until the goldenboy avails himself thru pluck and luck whether thru draft or FA, just find the goldenboy that makes your system shine. Aside from Peyton Manning, I believe most of the successful QB's are well coached to maximize their intangibles and strengths. Some suck from the starting gate. Not their fault. They don't draft themselves to a team.

penbrook 04-07-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecumseh (Post 9565758)
I got ya. But it's an neverending supply. If they don't think Genos worth the pick, and I personally do not, then next years model would be serviceable and on and on until the goldenboy avails himself thru pluck and luck whether thru draft or FA, just find the goldenboy that makes your system shine. Aside from Peyton Manning, I believe most of the successful QB's are well coached to maximize their intangibles and strengths. Some suck from the starting gate. Not their fault. They don't draft themselves to a team.

Geno would fit in this offense to perfection.

tecumseh 04-07-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9565763)
Geno would fit in this offense to perfection.

And if Reid/Dorsey don't see that or feel the pick is too high, well, fool on them. They'll go another way and work towards success. A .500 season would be manna to the faithful.

hometeam 04-07-2013 04:45 PM

My thought on the two draft picks, is that it happened so early, if they wouldnt have jumped the gun, they likely could have got Alex Smith either cheap or free.

Not only that, they will owe me for mental anguish cause by this QB rollercoaster ride.

milkman 04-07-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9564635)
because he got replaced by a better player, who happened to be more than a game manager.

FYP

milkman 04-07-2013 04:55 PM

I am not going to be upset when we don't draft Geno because I've already resigned myself to the fact that he will not be the pick.

This fact has killed my interest in the draft, something that even Pioli wasn't able to accomplish.

I have not scheduled the time off for the draft that I would have otherwise already arranged.

MeatRock 04-07-2013 04:56 PM

Answer: simply No.

OnTheWarpath15 04-07-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9565791)
I am not going to be upset when we don't draft Geno because I've already resigned myself to the fact that he will not be the pick.

This fact has killed my interest in the draft, something that even ***** wasn't able to accomplish.

I have not scheduled the time off for the draft that I would have otherwise already arranged.

This.

B14ckmon 04-07-2013 05:22 PM

Better question. Will you be pissed when the Jets draft him?

okcchief 04-07-2013 06:14 PM

I won't be upset either way. I really do trust their QB evaluation at the moment. I'm hoping we trade down if we don't take Geno though. If they pass on Geno and he becomes a great QB I will open the gates of hell then. If it was Pioli who made those moves I would be pissed, but Reid and Dorsey have earned the benefit of the doubt for now. Whatever you do BE RIGHT!

OrtonsPiercedTaint 04-07-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9565840)
Better question. Will you be pissed when the Jets draft him?

The Jets could **** up Brad Smith and not get any use out of Tebow.

Ebolapox 04-07-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9565618)
If only we had Daniel Snyder calling the shots here, it would be paradise!

no need, we have the first pick :hmmm:

Messier 04-07-2013 06:45 PM

We should no trouble whatsoever getting a team to trade up with us, right? If Geno is really valuable, teams should want to get ahead of the Jags.

Saccopoo 04-07-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9566100)
We should no trouble whatsoever getting a team to trade up with us, right? If Geno is really valuable, teams should want to get ahead of the Jags.

The better question is "Why trade out?"

Just pick Geno.

Messier 04-07-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9566148)
The better question is "Why trade out?"

Just pick Geno.

I doesn't matter. Because no one wants him badly enough to trade up to one.

keg in kc 04-07-2013 07:09 PM

I'll be energized if they draft him.

I'll be disappointed but not upset when they don't. Because that's what I've expected all along.

O.city 04-07-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9566166)
I doesn't matter. Because no one wants him badly enough to trade up to one.

By that logic, no one is worth the pick because no one wants to trade up for anyone. IMO that's a lot of the logic for taking geno. No one in the top 15 or so this year, really stands out. This could end up being 09 in terms of busts as there are a lot of guys picked on potential.

The most likely thing to do is trade Albert and take one of the lt's if you think they are as good or better than Albert

keg in kc 04-07-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9566184)
By that logic, no one is worth the pick because no one wants to trade up for anyone. IMO that's a lot of the logic for taking geno. No one in the top 15 or so this year, really stands out. This could end up being 09 in terms of busts as there are a lot of guys picked on potential.

Exactly, if Geno's value is being defined by "nobody wants him enough to trade up for him" then it means that he has equivalent value, in that sense, with Fisher or Joeckel or anyone else. Because nobody is trading up for them, either. So once again, all else being equal Geno should be the pick based on positional value. Since *none* of the available players have "traditional" 1:1 value.

Saccopoo 04-07-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

The most likely thing to do is trade Albert and take one of the lt's if you think they are as good or better than Albert

No you don't.

If you think that they are going to be as good as Albert, you keep Albert. He's finally come into his own and is playing good ball and just entering his prime.

You don't sign Alex Smith and try to protect him with a rookie offensive tackle if you are attempting to win now and get the fan base motivated again.

B14ckmon 04-07-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Actually that would be logic for drafting BAP. And the only people on the planet who think Geno is the BAP at #1, post on this forum.

RNR 04-07-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9564739)
I will buy you a Geno jersey with my credit card when the R8ers draft him.

If they do draft him I will be very disappointed because I do not think he is worth the 3rd overall pick. I would prefer that the Chiefs or Jags take him~

keg in kc 04-07-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9566195)
You don't sign Alex Smith and try to protect him with a rookie offensive tackle if you are attempting to win now and get the fan base motivated again.

That's just silliness. You should draft a tackle in the first every year. That way you can have a whole line made up with top picks, and since you have them all on 5 year contracts, you recycle and keep the cost down!!!!

O.city 04-07-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9566195)
No you don't.

If you think that they are going to be as good as Albert, you keep Albert. He's finally come into his own and is playing good ball and just entering his prime.

In a vacuum no.

But if Albert wants a lot more than they wan or think he deserves and they view fisher or joeckel to be a younger cheaper better option, make that move.

Messier 04-07-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Not if they knew the first team wasn't taking the player, but the next team might. People are talking like Geno is THE answer at QB a future all pro, almost guaranteed. What team would pass up a chance to grab him?

We'll see, I'm starting to think the Albert trade is unlikely.

O.city 04-07-2013 07:20 PM

If they think they can upgrade the lt spot with a cheaper younger better option, they'll probably do it. It sucks but it is what it is

Ebolapox 04-07-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9566224)
If they think they can upgrade the lt spot with a cheaper younger better option, they'll probably do it. It sucks but it is what it is

better? yeah. this kid is going to be, straight outta the gate, better than a five year pro. yep. that's gonna happen.

:shake:

O.city 04-07-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9566222)
Not if they knew the first team wasn't taking the player, but the next team might. People are talking like Geno is THE answer at QB a future all pro, almost guaranteed. What team would pass up a chance to grab him?

We'll see, I'm starting to think the Albert trade is unlikely.

With the chiefs past in regards to qbs and being in this position this year, obviously people here are a little over charged about the matter. So gotta take a lot of the stuff around here with a grain of salt.

But in regards to teams trading up, there isn't anyone to trade up for. So I'd probably be more inclined to take a guy who could potentially be a difference maker at an important position, depending what happens with Albert

RunKC 04-07-2013 07:26 PM

I don't believe the Eagles want Geno bad enough to trade up for him. I think they'd rather draft EJ Manuel and get the BPA (aka Fisher) rather than giving up picks to move up.

I think the most likely team to draft Geno now is the Jags and even they might not want him.

Albert is a solid LT, but he doesn't seem to be the elite LT that people are pumping him up to be.

I think Joeckel and Fisher can be better LT's for this team than Albert.

Most likely scenario is that we trade Albert for a 2nd and use the first pick on Joeckel, though I like Fisher more.

O.city 04-07-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9566244)
better? yeah. this kid is going to be, straight outta the gate, better than a five year pro. yep. that's gonna happen.

:shake:

Why can't he be? Rookies can't be better than vets?

Ebolapox 04-07-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9566252)
Why can't he be? Rookies can't be better than vets?

yeah. and why can't life be all rainbows and butterflies?

sure they can. in this case, it's highly unlikely. better than a LT that only allowed one sack last year? sure. there's NO ****ING WAY he'll allow a sack!

if he's really damned good and we're really damned lucky, he'll be AS GOOD after a bit of seasoning.

O.city 04-07-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9566250)
I don't believe the Eagles want Geno bad enough to trade up for him. I think they'd rather draft EJ Manuel and get the BPA (aka Fisher) rather than giving up picks to move up.

I think the most likely team to draft Geno now is the Jags and even they might not want him.

Albert is a solid LT, but he doesn't seem to be the elite LT that people are pumping him up to be.

I think Joeckel and Fisher can be better LT's for this team than Albert.

Most likely scenario is that we trade Albert for a 2nd and use the first pick on Joeckel, though I like Fisher more.

So if either of those LTs are sure fire elite let's we should have no problem trading back with a team that migt miss out on them, right?

Ebolapox 04-07-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9566264)
So if either of those LTs are sure fire elite let's we should have no problem trading back with a team that migt miss out on them, right?

surefire elites?

these ARE the same left tackles that everybody is referring to as 'middle to late first rounders' in normal years, yes?

it's ****ed up, I don't get people. there are no elite QBs... OMGZ WE CAN'T DRAFT THE BEST QB. there are no elite LTs... OMGZ WE HAVE TO PICK ONE OF THESE LTS!

this is ignoring the fact that we have a perfectly serviceable LT already.

O.city 04-07-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9566262)
yeah. and why can't life be all rainbows and butterflies?

sure they can. in this case, it's highly unlikely. better than a LT that only allowed one sack last year? sure. there's NO ****ING WAY he'll allow a sack!

if he's really damned good and we're really damned lucky, he'll be AS GOOD after a bit of seasoning.

The whole one sack thing is a bit overblown. We were a rushing team that didn't throw it more than rush iirc. I like Albert but with the new regime, we aren't a rushing team an if they don't think Albert is good enough, it is what it is

O.city 04-07-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9566272)
surefire elites?

these ARE the same left tackles that everybody is referring to as 'middle to late first rounders' in normal years, yes?

it's ****ed up, I don't get people. there are no elite QBs... OMGZ WE CAN'T DRAFT THE BEST QB. there are no elite LTs... OMGZ WE HAVE TO PICK ONE OF THESE LTS!

this is ignoring the fact that we have a perfectly serviceable LT already.

I just find the whole " no one wants to trade up for geno, therefor he sucks " rhetoric a little off.

If you go by that logic alone, no one in this draft is worth it. Then we circularly get back to positional value when all else is equal.

RunKC 04-07-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9566264)

They are one of the higher graded LT's in awhile. Both get really high grades and are all top 7 talents in the draft.

I don't think anyone is going to trade up with us because there are 3 of them. I think the trades will come around the 5th or 6th pick when Lane Johnson is the only one left.

B14ckmon 04-07-2013 07:35 PM

The problem is Geno is a question mark. Redskins gave up the farm for RG3 because he was considered a surefire franchise guy.

keg in kc 04-07-2013 07:36 PM

Geno doesn't have to be a "future all pro, almost guaranteed" to be a more valuable player than any of the tackles. None of these guys are Orlando Pace. None of them are "future all pro, almost guaranteed" either. And if we're comparing them to the inhouse guy, there's no guarantee at all that any of them will be better than Albert was as a rookie, much less is as a vet, and he went FIFTEEN. And they'll *still* have less potential impact even if they end up being the best thing since sliced bread. Geno as a top-15 QB - not even "elite" - would be more valuable long term than having the league's top LT. And it's not very likely at all that any of these will even approach that.

RNR 04-07-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9566222)
People are talking like Geno is THE answer at QB a future all pro, almost guaranteed.

LMAO maybe here people are saying that~

B14ckmon 04-07-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9566310)
Geno doesn't have to be a "future all pro, almost guaranteed" to be a more valuable player than any of the tackles. None of these guys are Orlando Pace. None of them are "future all pro, almost guaranteed" either. And if we're comparing them to the inhouse guy, there's no guarantee at all that any of them will be better than Albert was as a rookie, much less is as a vet, and he went FIFTEEN. And they'll *still* have less potential impact even if they end up being the best thing since sliced bread. Geno as a top-15 QB - not even "elite" - would be more valuable long term than having the league's top LT. And it's not very likely at all that any of these will even approach that.

And if Geno turns into a bust? You have a franchise QB. Why take the risk?

milkman 04-07-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9566323)
And if Geno turns into a bust? You have a franchise QB. Why take the risk?

We have a franchise QB?

O.city 04-07-2013 07:41 PM

There isn't a guy in this draft that is a sure fire pick. Questions about everyone.

However, and I read this on twitter today about the Seahawks. When evaluating players teu look at what they can do, not what they can't.

B14ckmon 04-07-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9566337)
We have a franchise QB?

According to Reid, yes.

O.city 04-07-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9566337)
We have a franchise QB?

According to our front office, they seem to think we do

RunKC 04-07-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9566310)

But they are just better football players than Geno.

And Luke Joeckel looks to be better than Branden Albert for multiple reasons.

Ebolapox 04-07-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9566349)

which is exactly why he's playing on a two year contract.

if you believe he's a franchise player, you give him a nice, healthy extension while he's at a lower point of value. you get him cheaper. when he has a few insane seasons (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA), you pay him more.

B14ckmon 04-07-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9566356)
which is exactly why he's playing on a two year contract.

if you believe he's a franchise player, you give him a nice, healthy extension while he's at a lower point of value. you get him cheaper. when he has a few insane seasons (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA), you pay him more.

Why would he be at a lower point of value now? You just gave up two early draft picks for him. He will be at a lower value in two years when he is 30.

keg in kc 04-07-2013 07:45 PM

Alex Smith is a franchise QB. rofl.

RealSNR 04-07-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9566350)

When does the enormous difference in positional value kick in for you? What position do athletes of Joeckel and Fisher calibre have to play for your to say, "I'd rather have Geno."

If they were passrushers? I might take Joeckel or Fisher. LTs? No.

What about you? What if they were safeties? WRs? TEs? 5-techs? When does this shit end with you?

I'm trying to say **** LTs. Get a franchise QB, plug the holes in your offensive line with capable veterans, and your team is good to go.

O.city 04-07-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9566350)

And he looks worse for various reasons. Aka the 2013 draft.

Ebolapox 04-07-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9566362)
Alex Smith is a franchise QB. rofl.

picking a LT is making two assumptions:

1) your new LT will be as good or better than albert from day one (otherwise, you're ruining your second assumption)

2) alex smith is a franchise qb and must be protected efficiently.

RealSNR 04-07-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9566361)
Why would he be at a lower point of value now? You just gave up two early draft picks for him. He will be at a lower value in two years when he is 30.

That makes no sense at all.

B14ckmon 04-07-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9566379)
That makes no sense at all.

How does it make no sense? Smith has more bargaining power in extension negotiations right now because you just gave up two early round draft picks for him. If you wait, you can either sign him if he is worth it, or let him go if he stunk it up.

O.city 04-07-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9566373)
When does the enormous difference in positional value kick in for you? What position do athletes of Joeckel and Fisher calibre have to play for your to say, "I'd rather have Geno."

What about you? What if they were safeties? WRs? TEs? 5-techs? When does this shit end with you?

I'm trying to say **** LTs. Get a franchise QB, plug the holes in your offensive line with capable veterans, and your team is good to go.

And que RunKC firing back something anti geno and you two having at it in this thread.

Why don't you guys just agree to disagree and move on over the matter

O.city 04-07-2013 07:54 PM

Looking at the votes, I'm surprised as some of the no votes that they won't be pissed after recent vehement arguments

milkman 04-07-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9566348)
According to Reid, yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9566349)

Reid thought that Kolb and then Vick were franchise QBs.

I said it for years.

I said it when Reid was hired.

Over rated.

Alex Smith is a game manager.

Nothing more.

B14ckmon 04-07-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9566414)
Looking at the votes, I'm surprised as some of the no votes that they won't be pissed after recent vehement arguments

Everyone knows Geno won't be drafted, so it's all for fun anyways.

RunKC 04-07-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9566373)

Geno is not a franchise QB. That's why you are not Nobody believes he's a franchise QB prospect. If they did, than he would be the first pick in the draft easily and the 1st, 3rd, 7th and 8th teams in the draft wouldn't have gotten veteran QB's.

Joeckel would be better than Albert for multiple reasons that are easily specified.

An OT is the best prospect in the draft and Dorsey is going to stick to his word and draft BPA. Idk what is so hard to understand about that?

O.city 04-07-2013 08:00 PM

Obviously we have some here who don't completely understand bpa.

And RunKC, is Tyler Wilson a franchise qb?

BossChief 04-07-2013 08:01 PM

Let me pose a question?

Which usage of resources is worse?

A) spending a first, second and third round pick on a solid game managing qb AND a potential franchise quarterback prospect

Or

B) spending 2 firsts, 2 seconds AND two thirds on the offensive line...with one second and one third being backups?

Messier 04-07-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9566418)
Reid thought that Kolb and then Vick were franchise QBs.

I said it for years.

I said it when Reid was hired.

Over rated.

Alex Smith is a game manager.

Nothing more.

I don't think Reid thought either Vick, or Kolb were franchise QBs.

O.city 04-07-2013 08:02 PM

So your ok with him giving 100 million dollars to a guy he doesn't think is a franchise player?

Messier 04-07-2013 08:03 PM

I think the term "franchise quarterback" is being thrown around pretty loosely. There aren't even that many in the NFL.

O.city 04-07-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9566455)
Let me pose a question?

A) spending a first, second and third round pick on a solid game managing qb AND a potential franchise quarterback prospect

Or

B) spending 2 firsts, 2 seconds AND two thirds on the offensive line...with one second and one third being backups?

As bad as the anti qb guys are some of you guys are getting close.

All those previous picks on the ol were made by the previous regime. It doesn't matter at this point if the new regime doesn't think they are good enough

BossChief 04-07-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9565497)
This.

I'm far from thrilled we spent another early R2 pick on a game manager, but I'm more concerned with the future of the QB position than the "right now."

If they feel its important to spend their first two picks on the right now and the future, I'm all for it.

Yup

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9566456)

Gave Vick 100 million and traded Kolb for a second and a first round quality corner.

He absolutely saw both as franchise guys.

O.city 04-07-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9566473)
I think the term "franchise quarterback" is being thrown around pretty loosely. There aren't even that many in the NFL.

There are quite a few franchise qbs. There aren't many elite qbs.

B14ckmon 04-07-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9566455)
Let me pose a question?

Or

Does it really mater when B is the way your team is going?

milkman 04-07-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9566456)

Kolb might be a question, but like o city points out, you don't give Vick the contract he got if you don't belive him to be a franchise QB, unless you're an idiot.

Messier 04-07-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9566468)
So your ok with him giving 100 million dollars to a guy he doesn't think is a franchise player?

Vick already restructured. He's nor gonna make nearly 100 million.

Messier 04-07-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9566485)
Kolb might be a question, but like o city points out, you don't give Vick the contract he got if you don't belive him to be a franchise QB, unless you're an idiot.

I'm sure Reid was on board, but blame the GM for the amount.

O.city 04-07-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9566500)
Vick already restructured. He's nor gonna make nearly 100 million.

That's a cop out dude. Doesn't dismiss the fact that Reid gave him te contract. He wasn't restructured by Reid