ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Robert Redford In Talks To Star In ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271396)

keg in kc 03-18-2014 07:33 PM

Holy shit that was badass.

Bowser 03-18-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10500989)
This won't last long, first 10 minutes or so of the movie: http://www.blastr.com/2014-3-18/watc...dier-right-now

I liked it. Thanks for putting that up.

Ragged Robin 03-18-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10482854)
Yea, is it truly a spoiler about the Bucky thing?

lol this. It's been well established over the last three decades. I don't even follow Marvel comics at all. That's like requiring spoiler tags for "Bruce Wayne is Batman" in the Batman/Superman thread..

EDIT: Okay maybe not that obvious to the mainstream ROFL

Deberg_1990 03-18-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10501067)
lol this. It's been well established over the last three decades. I don't even follow Marvel comics at all. That's like requiring spoiler tags for "Bruce Wayne is Batman" in the Batman/Superman thread..

heh, well.....Marvel appears to be keeping his identity somewhat mysterious in the leadup, marketing and trailers. So i guess it is.

Jamie 03-18-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10501067)

Three decades?

Spoiler!

ThaVirus 03-18-2014 10:26 PM

Those front kicks were sending mfers flying LMAO

Deberg_1990 03-21-2014 04:17 PM

Reviews rolling in. These guys loved it

http://variety.com/2014/film/reviews...er-1201139253/

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...winter-soldier

keg in kc 03-21-2014 04:19 PM

Read earlier it was running about 90% on RT. I suppose I could check that myself, but I'm lazy, and I'm going to see it regardless of reviews anyway.

Deberg_1990 03-21-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10507158)
and I'm going to see it regardless of reviews anyway.

yea, its pretty much critic proof. unless it was an out and out disaster.

AustinChief 03-21-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10507158)
Read earlier it was running about 90% on RT. I suppose I could check that myself, but I'm lazy, and I'm going to see it regardless of reviews anyway.

It has two bad reviews (read at your own risk, they might be spoilery)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...er-review.html

This review isn't really "bad" (3 of 5 stars) more just disappointed. Plus, the reviewer has no clue where the Winter Soldier name comes from.

Here is the other 3/5 (bad) review.
http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/review/c...er-soldier.php

Setsuna 03-21-2014 09:54 PM

UK? Stopped reading after I saw that.

DaveNull 03-23-2014 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10507186)
yea, its pretty much critic proof. unless it was an out and out disaster.

That's the nice thing about Marvel Studios. Even though these could be bad films that rake it in at the box office, they seem to actually care about making them be good movies.

I watched The First Avenger last night and read the Ed Brubaker run on the Winter Soldier comics. Both were great. I'm super pumped

And if you liked the Brukabker run, then you should check out Velvet from Image.

JD10367 04-02-2014 06:41 AM

Just watched my "Winter" IMAX version. Good flick, lots of action.

Deberg_1990 04-02-2014 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 10533654)
Just watched my "Winter" IMAX version. Good flick, lots of action.

Cool, good to hear!

I wish i could see it in IMAX, but the IMAX theaters around here only show it in 3D. I refuse to pay for 3D anymore.

JD10367 04-02-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10533669)
Cool, good to hear!

I wish i could see it in IMAX, but the IMAX theaters around here only show it in 3D. I refuse to pay for 3D anymore.

The 3D was well done. Worth it if you have a real IMAX screen (not a Liemax).

Tribal Warfare 04-03-2014 10:22 PM

it was BAD-ASS!

Aries Walker 04-03-2014 10:23 PM

I just saw it in plain old 2D, and it was still outstanding. Action-wise, it has more than just superheroes punching each other; it had some of the best-choreographed and executed car chases, aerial combat sequences, and run-and-guns I've seen in a long time.

And soooo much for us Marvel acolytes to completely freak out over.

keg in kc 04-04-2014 01:08 PM

I just saw it in 2d myself, and wow. That was incredible. I went in thinking it would be good and it was even better than I expected. The reviews are right on: it's more of a political thriller than a comic book movie, and the action sequences are some of the best I've ever seen put on film. It's amazing how they made something so completely unrealistic (referring to the combat) seem so visceral. It's even better than the stuff in Avengers (and much more 'reality'-based). And everybody was good, performance wise.

I'm actually really looking forward to Agents of SHIELD on Tuesday now. Or agents of whatever the hell they are now.

keg in kc 04-04-2014 01:21 PM

Spoiler!

Tribal Warfare 04-04-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10539180)
Spoiler!

Redemption

Deberg_1990 04-04-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10539147)
I just saw it in 2d myself, and wow. That was incredible. I went in thinking it would be good and it was even better than I expected. The reviews are right on: it's more of a political thriller than a comic book movie, and the action sequences are some of the best I've ever seen put on film. It's amazing how they made something so completely unrealistic (referring to the combat) seem so visceral. It's even better than the stuff in Avengers (and much more 'reality'-based). And everybody was good, performance wise.

I'm actually really looking forward to Agents of SHIELD on Tuesday now. Or agents of whatever the hell they are now.

So did they include Redwing?

Aries Walker 04-04-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10539638)
So did they include Redwing?

No, but you won't miss him.

keg in kc 04-04-2014 05:36 PM

I was surprised at how cool the Falcon character/backstory really was.

Silock 04-04-2014 10:05 PM

Best. Marvel. Movie.

EVER.

Seriously. It was AMAZING.

Saw it in IMAX 3D. Will probably go back to watch it again.

Setsuna 04-04-2014 11:41 PM

YES! Can't wait to see it!

Valiant 04-05-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10539147)

This shit pisses me off. Comic book movies encompass everything just like the comics themselves..

Great movie..

Tribal Warfare 04-05-2014 01:11 AM

'Captain America: Winter Soldier' Headed for Record $93 Million-Plus Debut

The Marvel and Disney tentpole is on course to score the top April opening of all time in North America; "Noah" and "Divergent" lead holdovers.

Fueled by a health dose of younger moviegoers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier should cross a rousing $93 million in its North American launch, marking another victory for Marvel Studios and parent company Disney, according to early returns. Some even wonder whether it could approach $100 million.

The $170 million tentpole -- which is kicking off the summer box office a month early -- is expected to score the top April opening of all time domestically, eclipsing the $86.2 million earned by Universal's Fast Five in late April 2011.

'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': What the Critics Are Saying
'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Screening: Chris Evans, Cobie Smulders Take New York (Photos)

The $170 million tentpole -- which is kicking off the summer box office a month early -- is expected to score the top April opening of all time domestically, eclipsing the $86.2 million earned by Universal's Fast Five in late April 2011.

VIDEO: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' World Premiere Invades Hollywood

Captain America 2 is projected to gross $37 or more on Friday, including $10.2 million earned Thursday night.

Thursday night's gross was ahead of the $7.1 million in Thursday night grosses for last November's Thor: The Dark World, which went on to gross $85.7 million for the weekend, as well as summer 2013 tentpole Man of Steel, which took in $9 million Thursday night for a $116.6 million weekend. It also came in ahead of December 2013 offering The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug ($8.8 million).

Overseas, the superhero sequel is already a hit, racing past the $100 million mark on Wednesday after scoring $75.2 million last weekend from 32 markets. Captain America 2 opened in Russia and Australia on Thursday, and in China on Friday.

The follow-up is certainly benefiting from the post-Avengers glow. Like the first Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger launched to roughly $65 million domestically in July 2011. But the wild success of 2012's The Avengers has seen fortunes rise for the Iron Man and Thor franchises. The same is expected for The Winter Soldier, particularly since it is receiving stellar reviews.

Returning Chris Evans in the title role, as well as Avengers stars Scarlett Johansson and Samuel L. Jackson, Winter Soldier picks up two years after Avengers left off. Captain America and Black Widow (Johansson) discover there is a secret conspiracy within S.H.I.E.L.D. and fight to stop it, along with The Falcon, played by Anthony Mackie. (Some critics have described the film as an intriguing espionage tale, versus never-ending action.) The villainous Winter Soldier is played by Sebastian Stan.

Elsewhere, Darren Aronofsky's biblical epic Noah is now projected to gross $21 million-plus in its second weekend, putting its domestic total at $76-million plus through Sunday. It should come in No. 2, unless it is overtaken the Divergent, which jumped the $100 mark in North America on Thursday.

DaveNull 04-05-2014 08:13 AM

I've got my seats for tonight. Super exited.

keg in kc 04-05-2014 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10540573)
This shit pisses me off. Comic book movies encompass everything just like the comics themselves..

Great movie..

Don't get your panties in a bundle. I wasn't denigrating anything. :p

You know what I meant: it's a bit more than just a summer spectacle/popcorn flick.

Aries Walker 04-05-2014 09:29 AM

I get what you mean, and I have noticed that that's becoming a trend. Until recently, superhero movies were mostly just superhero movies, but now studios are starting to cross them over with other genres. First, I suppose, was Hancock, which had aspects of everything from a crime story to a redemption drama to an alien invasion movie. Within the past year, though, they've also been blended with a psychological thriller (Chronicle), a mob story (The Wolverine), a political thriller (Winter Soldier), and even a Godzilla-style monster movie (Pacific Rim).

We've had superhero romantic comedies and superhero spoofs years ago, but they weren't very good and aren't very remembered. I wonder what they'll cross over with next.

listopencil 04-05-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10540573)

Great movie..

This shit pisses me off much more:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Article
'Captain America: Winter Soldier' Headed for Record $93 Million-Plus Debut

The Marvel and Disney tentpole is on course to score the top April opening of all time in North America; "Noah" and "Divergent" lead holdovers...

Why is incredibly shitty writing OK now?

keg in kc 04-05-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10540766)
I get what you mean, and I have noticed that that's becoming a trend. Until recently, superhero movies were mostly just superhero movies, but now studios are starting to cross them over with other genres. First, I suppose, was Hancock, which had aspects of everything from a crime story to a redemption drama to an alien invasion movie. Within the past year, though, they've also been blended with a psychological thriller (Chronicle), a mob story (The Wolverine), a political thriller (Winter Soldier), and even a Godzilla-style monster movie (Pacific Rim).

We've had superhero romantic comedies and superhero spoofs years ago, but they weren't very good and aren't very remembered. I wonder what they'll cross over with next.

I think this one was pretty exceptional in that, aside from the Nolan movies and what they tried to do with MoS (which I liked, I own the blu-ray) which were I think exceptions themselves, this one seemed to me more about the plot and characters than about the 'splosions. The action, as much as their was, seemed secondary to the things going on, or even propelled the plot. That's a pretty special thing in an action movie these days. That was actually one of my complaints about Pacific Rim, that there was too much emphasis on "ooh cool, big things beating on each other" and it just wasn't enough to make up for bad writing and, in a few instances, bad acting. I'm hoping the new Godzilla delivers what I was hoping Pacific Rim would be. But a lot of these movies as the (movie) genre has developed have been about being cool. "oh shit" moments sometimes at the expense of substance. And while Winter Soldier is still as cool as anything, I think it has an amazing amount of depth and substance. (The Wolverine may be like this too, I haven't seen it yet, but the main point is that I think The Winter Soldier has risen the bar).

Anyway, comic books, IMO, have always fallen squarely in the SF/F genre, so it's no surprise to me that the movies cover a lot of areas just like the comics themselves did. SF/F has also been that way, can, literally, be anything. I have genre novels on my shelf that range from thick political and social commentaries to something inspired by hollywood westerns (seriously, Red Country by Joe Abercrombie, it's a fantasy western) to romances to military science fiction to space opera (which can have random elements from all over the place) to mysteries to thrillers.

It's while I love genre writing so much. And I've always considered comic books part of the genre.

Aries Walker 04-05-2014 12:02 PM

I think you're exactly right. The superheroes weren't the story, but the setting (and the props). The Wolverine and Chronicle both did do the same thing, but Winter Soldier did it a lot better.

Deberg_1990 04-05-2014 06:32 PM

Awesome flick! Truly enjoyed it. The action was great, the story was well done and they truly had me vested in the characters.

Spoiler!

keg in kc 04-05-2014 06:38 PM

Spoiler!

AustinChief 04-05-2014 06:39 PM

Spoiler!

Deberg_1990 04-05-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10542130)
Spoiler!

Yes. That was great

keg in kc 04-05-2014 06:42 PM

unlurking 04-05-2014 06:52 PM

Very much enjoyed this movie!

That easter egg site mentions the "first post-movie teaser". Did I miss a second one?

Aries Walker 04-05-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10542130)
Spoiler!

My whole theater chuckled at it, myself included.

Deberg_1990 04-05-2014 06:53 PM

Spoiler!

Aries Walker 04-05-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10542157)
Very much enjoyed this movie!

That easter egg site mentions the "first post-movie teaser". Did I miss a second one?

They're referring to:

Spoiler!

unlurking 04-05-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10542169)
They're referring to:

Spoiler!

Damn, I missed the Winter Soldier scene. :(

What did I miss?

unlurking 04-05-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10542162)
Spoiler!

From the easter egg link posted...

Spoiler!

Aries Walker 04-05-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Spoiler!

They were
Spoiler!

AustinChief 04-05-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Aries Walker 04-05-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10542176)
Damn, I missed the Winter Soldier scene. :(

What did I miss?

Not much.

Spoiler!

unlurking 04-05-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10542185)
Not much.

Spoiler!

Thanks!

Valiant 04-05-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10540710)
Don't get your panties in a bundle. I wasn't denigrating anything. :p

You know what I meant: it's a bit more than just a summer spectacle/popcorn flick.

Ok. we are friends again.

I think Sin City started the changeover and spreading of the other comic types.

Aries Walker 04-05-2014 08:52 PM

Well, Sin City was based on comics (as were Road to Perdition, A History of Violence, and How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days), but it doesn't have much in common with the superhero genre.

Wallcrawler 04-05-2014 08:59 PM

Saw this tonight. You would think for a movie subtitled "The Winter Soldier", that The Winter Soldier would be in the movie for more than a compiled 10 minutes or so. They could have taken Winter Soldier right out of the film, and it would not have affected the plot in the slightest.

Its like he shows up to advance the story, sticks around a couple minutes, and we don't see him again for 15-30 minutes.

Didn't really care for the main plot of the story either. It had some really cool action sequences in there, and they finally showcased what Cap can do without resorting to putting all the good stuff into a montage, but a couple of those sequences with Cap were inspired by a much, much better story in the comics called "Civil War".

It was a good way to spend a couple hours, but whoever decided to put with the trailers that this is better than The Avengers is smoking some serious crack.

Cap's portrayed infinitely better and has his abilities showcased more than in Avengers, but Avengers is by far superior to this.

Spoiler!

Silock 04-05-2014 09:05 PM

^^ Has not been paying attention to what the NSA has been doing lately.

Wallcrawler 04-05-2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10542462)
^^ Has not been paying attention to what the NSA has been doing lately.

Pfffff.

Take it to the DC forum.

Silock 04-05-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10542543)
Pfffff.

Take it to the DC forum.

...just sayin'

Wallcrawler 04-05-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10542579)
...just sayin'

Did they make you take your tinfoil hat off when you saw this in the theater, or did they let you keep it on?

Deberg_1990 04-05-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10542450)
Saw this tonight. You would think for a movie subtitled "The Winter Soldier", that The Winter Soldier would be in the movie for more than a compiled 10 minutes or so. They could have taken Winter Soldier right out of the film, and it would not have affected the plot in the slightest.

Its like he shows up to advance the story, sticks around a couple minutes, and we don't see him again for 15-30 minutes.

Didn't really care for the main plot of the story either. It had some really cool action sequences in there, and they finally showcased what Cap can do without resorting to putting all the good stuff into a montage, but a couple of those sequences with Cap were inspired by a much, much better story in the comics called "Civil War".

It was a good way to spend a couple hours, but whoever decided to put with the trailers that this is better than The Avengers is smoking some serious crack.

Cap's portrayed infinitely better and has his abilities showcased more than in Avengers, but Avengers is by far superior to this.

Spoiler!

I thought they did a good job of making us care about Cap and Bucky. As well as they could anyways. They really didn't spend too much time on their relationship in the first film to make us care much for him.

Aries Walker 04-05-2014 10:10 PM

Y'see, I didn't see it that way with the Winter Soldier's limited appearance. He wasn't physically in every shot, but he was an intimidating background presence through the whole movie. You don't want to overuse a character like that, or he loses the mystery that was integral to the character.

And you could not have removed Winter Soldier from the movie; he was supremely essential to, if nothing else, Cap's arc.

As for what's in your spoiler . . .
Spoiler!

Silock 04-05-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10542603)
Did they make you take your tinfoil hat off when you saw this in the theater, or did they let you keep it on?

Don't be obtuse. I'm not the one saying the plot of a comic book movie is "too unbelievable."

Valiant 04-06-2014 12:15 AM

Quote:

Spoiler!

Shield originally did not know of the psychic program that could tell who could be a threat. That was all Hydra which Captain obtained the knowledge. And why would they not have the 3 new helicarriers with better weapons? They just had theirs crashed in Avengers and now know of bigger threats?

Deberg_1990 04-06-2014 12:17 AM

How many taxpayer dollars did the crashing of those 3 Helicarriers waste?

Rams Fan 04-06-2014 01:03 AM

Spoiler!

Wallcrawler 04-06-2014 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10542716)
Don't be obtuse. I'm not the one saying the plot of a comic book movie is "too unbelievable."

....and Im not the one implying that it could be plausible based off of a paranoid delusion I have about my real life government. Seriously, GTFO of here with that noise.

When you take source material, put it aside and have a character or group of characters do something completely out of character, then that is unbelievable. That's not what SHIELD is, nor the kind of activity they would get behind. At least not in the source material anyway.

Its not impossible because its a comic book based film. But SHIELD getting behind something like that makes about as much sense as having Thor or Iron Man just go on some Punisher style killing sprees, and nobody can cry foul because "nothing is impossible in a comic book film."

Its ****ing stupid, it doesn't make any sense, ergo it is unbelievable.

To simply state to the audience that this plan is going on, and NOBODY in the entire SHIELD organization that was aware of it had ANY problems with the idea save for Cap, is both ****ing insanely stupid, and insults the intelligence of the comic book fans to which this movie is targeted.

Wallcrawler 04-06-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10542799)
Shield originally did not know of the psychic program that could tell who could be a threat. That was all Hydra which Captain obtained the knowledge. And why would they not have the 3 new helicarriers with better weapons? They just had theirs crashed in Avengers and now know of bigger threats?

Spoiler!

DaveNull 04-06-2014 09:02 AM

Quote:

The dude that plays Bucky signed something like a 9 film exentsion. You'll get plenty of Bucky.

Quote:

I read Civil War and it really wasn't that great. Marvel getting way too far up their own asses for a story arc that didn't have to stretch out as long as it did. If anything, the fact that the themes of Civil War were addressed as subplot here is more evidence that Civil War was overblown.

Quote:

I don't think it's fair to compare the crossover movies with the stand-alone movies.

Quote:

Spoiler!

Yeah. It would have better with a return to realism like we saw in the first movie about cosmic death rays in the hands of a Nazi splinter group.

Rams Fan 04-06-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10542982)

To simply state to the audience that this plan is going on, and NOBODY in the entire SHIELD organization that was aware of it had ANY problems with the idea save for Cap, is both ****ing insanely stupid, and insults the intelligence of the comic book fans to which this movie is targeted.

Not disagreeing with you that seems to be a bit too much of an unrealistic plot, but Capt. wasn't the only one to notice.

Spoiler!

DaveNull 04-06-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

That's not what SHIELD is, nor the kind of activity they would get behind. At least not in the source material anyway.

Its not impossible because its a comic book based film. But SHIELD getting behind something like that makes about as much sense as having Thor or Iron Man just go on some Punisher style killing sprees, and nobody can cry foul because "nothing is impossible in a comic book film."

Its ****ing stupid, it doesn't make any sense, ergo it is unbelievable.

See the Nick Fury vs. S.H.I.E.L.D. story line before bringing up source material.

Silock 04-06-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

....and Im not the one implying that it could be plausible based off of a paranoid delusion I have about my real life government. Seriously, GTFO of here with that noise.

Wait, you think it's a paranoid delusion that the NSA is spying on American citizens without their knowledge or getting proper authorization to keep it constitutional? I'm not saying the NSA is killing people, but they've been doing some shady shit for a long time without the knowledge of a lot of people that should have known about it. I'm not trying to turn this into a political debate, but this stuff actually happened/is happening. In light of that, a conspiracy in a superhero movie just isn't even on the radar of things that are "farfetched" lol

unlurking 04-06-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10543058)
Not disagreeing with you that seems to be a bit too much of an unrealistic plot, but Capt. wasn't the only one to notice.

Spoiler!

And the other 98% of the staff in the control room. In an agency that compartmentalizes data, this not even remotely hard to believe. I think that was made rather clear through out the movie.

unlurking 04-06-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 10542985)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Direckshun 04-06-2014 02:48 PM

I don't want the movie spoiled, but I'd like the "Avengers 2" teaser spoiled for me.

1. Is it possible to be told about that spoiler without having this film spoiled for me (FYI: the simple fact that Captain America will survive this film is not exactly a spoiler, but just about everything else would be)?

2. If it is possible, please spoil away.

unlurking 04-06-2014 02:57 PM

I don't think the A2 teaser would spoil Winter Soldier, so...

Spoiler!

Direckshun 04-06-2014 02:59 PM

Spoiler!

unlurking 04-06-2014 03:03 PM

Another link to easter eggs with spoilers...

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...r-easter-eggs/

One of them isn't a spoiler but I really wanted to point it out. As I sat waiting for the end of movie teaser, I really was drawn in to the main credits graphics. They were really well done. Considering how much I enjoyed the movie, the fact that the credits stuck with me was pretty impressive (IMO).

Quote:

Comic Artist David Mack

Comic book fans will already know artist David Mack’s work on titles such as Daredevil and Kabuki, his creator-owned project. But he gets a boost into the mainstream as the artist responsible for The Winter Soldier’s stylish graphics during the film’s closing credits. The names of the film’s cast and crew are accompanied perfectly by Mack’s streamlined, minimalist art for an end result that is much more memorable than the shoddy CGI work of most blockbusters.

For comic fans, this isn’t Mack’s lushly painted style that you are accustomed to, but it fits the tone of the movie. While Marvel has always paid homage to the comics that inspired the movie, it’s nice to see the studio work with some of the artists that help bring these characters to life every week.

unlurking 04-06-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10543969)
Spoiler!

Not at all. Pretty much the only link between the teaser and the movie was...

Spoiler!

Aries Walker 04-06-2014 03:24 PM

About that scene, also
Spoiler!

AustinChief 04-06-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10544013)
About that scene, also
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Braincase 04-06-2014 06:17 PM

Thinking about getting a t-shirt made for the annual Microsoft geek-off in May.

Spoiler!

Setsuna 04-06-2014 09:33 PM

Going to see it Wednesday!

Mecca 04-07-2014 11:54 AM

I got out to see this Saturday morning with the gf. We both enjoyed the hell out of it after finding the first Captain America to be our least favorite of the first wave of Marvel movies.

Would recommend this to about anyone and will probably watch it a few more times. I'm really enjoying the Marvel movie universe. I just hope they can keep it going with all these actors because it's really awesome but of course it'll change the minute one of the leads decides they don't wanna do it anymore.

KC native 04-07-2014 01:34 PM

I took the kid (7 yo) to see it last night. We both thought it was bad ass.